Jake Klug
12-20-2010, 08:00 PM
Arizona (4-10)-- Dallas, @ San Francisco
Detroit (4-10)-- @ Miami, Minnesota
Buffalo (4-10)-- New England, @NYJ
Cincinnati (3-11)-- San Diego, @Baltimore
Denver (3-11)-- Houston, San Diego
Carolina (2-12)-- @ Pittsburgh, @ Atlanta

Does anyone really think Carolina wont get the #1 pick?

Cugel
12-20-2010, 08:11 PM
Well, it's not like Atlanta will be playing for anything the final game. They might just rest everybody and play their special teams the entire game. Why take a chance on injury when you have home field advantage wrapped up?

Sorta like with the Colts and Broncos a few years ago when the Broncos beat the Colts while they rested everybody -- only to be crushed in the playoffs the next week.

I would say Pittsburgh still has something to play for, so Carolina can't win both. But, they could possibly beat an Atlanta team that couldn't care less about that game.

Cugel
12-20-2010, 08:13 PM
The problem is that if Denver and Cincinnati both finish 3-11, Cincinnati might have the better "strength of schedule" because of playing Baltimore while Denver plays Houston. I don't know how close it is right now.

UnderArmour
12-20-2010, 08:41 PM
The problem is that if Denver and Cincinnati both finish 3-11, Cincinnati might have the better "strength of schedule" because of playing Baltimore while Denver plays Houston. I don't know how close it is right now.

The lower strength of schedule gets us the higher pick, actually, and it is not even going to be close. We played the NFC West, are in the AFC West, and played against the AFC South while the Bengals played the AFC East.

Shazam!
12-20-2010, 09:48 PM
It should be a top five pick no matter which way you flip it.

PAINTERDAVE
12-21-2010, 02:05 AM
I expect the Broncos to beat the Texans.

4-12 at least

Dzone
12-21-2010, 11:30 AM
Lets draft Acho and Blair for the Dline
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Superlatives-The-most-underrated-players-of-201?urn=ncaaf-298338

oops, wrong thread..oh well

EMB6903
12-21-2010, 11:32 AM
Who cares about draft order right now.... Lets worry about Denver winning these last 2 games to end the season somewhat strong.

SOCALORADO.
12-21-2010, 11:36 AM
I expect the Broncos to beat the Texans.

4-12 at least

Like the av! Just one small gleam of light, shining through the vast darkness that is Denver right now.
Dude plays full throttle, smash mouth football, and you gotta love that.

I dont think it will matter much if DEN has #2 or #4.
I am just wondering if the FO think Patrick Peterson would be the best bet at that pick. Or Fairley or Dareus?

Dzone
12-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Who cares about draft order right now.... Lets worry about Denver winning these last 2 games to end the season somewhat strong.
That might be the best thing that could happen

T.K.O.
12-21-2010, 11:59 AM
we're still gonna be drafting higher than we have in decades.
let's just hope we have the people in place in time to....NOT screw it up !
anywhere from 1-5 will give us a shot at a gamechanger :elefant::salute:

BroncoStud
12-21-2010, 12:04 PM
I think Denver will get the 2nd pick in the draft... Damn, that rocks. We NEVER get to draft that high.

PAINTERDAVE
12-21-2010, 12:05 PM
And the top position in each subsequent round is no small thing...

3 of the top 50 picks...

arapaho2
12-21-2010, 12:06 PM

why?...whats the need to finish strong?...is studesvill gonna remain coach next yr?...no...is wink gonna be DC?...no...mccoy gonna be OC...no

this team is gonna be overhauled from the gM down...players with talent and skills will more than likely stay regardless of how we finish

we dont need tebow to win to justify going after defense in the draft do we?

the team is better off loseing and getting the best impact player they can in the draft

PAINTERDAVE
12-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Dont be surprised to se us trade down and get MORE picks.

We have so many needs to be filled...
extra bodies with talent and potential are what this team needs.

We seem to be losing them right and left to
gun charges, dui's, and assault charges...
and the ones we have are not very good.

Take an experienced Free Agent TE for TEBOW...
apparently there is a whole lot of them coming available.

Draft all Defense and an extra O-line or two.

T.K.O.
12-21-2010, 12:09 PM
And the top position in each subsequent round is no small thing...

3 of the top 50 picks...

do we only have 1 pick in each of the first 3 rnds ?:confused:
with all the trades i can't remember

PAINTERDAVE
12-21-2010, 12:10 PM
We are gonna beat the Texans like Red Headed Step Children...

and STILL have a good draft pick.

T.K.O.
12-21-2010, 12:12 PM

i dont know.....Kubes might be interviewing for a new job at Pat's place:D

PAINTERDAVE
12-21-2010, 12:13 PM
do we only have 1 pick in each of the first 3 rnds ?:confused:
with all the trades i can't remember

#2 from Miami in the Marshal deal

then I am unsure... I know we traded a #4 for Maroney.... but I am not clear past that...
besides,,

if we trade around.. who knows how it will end up?

PAINTERDAVE
12-21-2010, 12:16 PM
And dont forget...

Rod Smith was an undrafted FA...
and with as many holes as this team has..

I wont be surprised to see some impact player that walks on.

RB Mike Anderson was a walk on.

Cugel
12-21-2010, 12:23 PM
How We Got Here:

Broncos could have had Clay Matthews, Brian Orakpo, Earl Thomas, Orton and a player like Shonn Green (Jets RB) in return for Cutler. Who wins in that trade?? Hands Down - Denver.

Instead we got Moreno, Ayers, Richard Quinn, Alphonso Smith and Darcel Mcbath. McD could have most certainly survived the Cutler trade if he only used the draft picks he got in a wise manner.

How We Get Out Of Here:

Draft players on defense more like Orakpo and Matthews and less like Ayers, Moreno, and Alphonso Smith. :coffee:

With decent talent evaluation and drafting at the top of every round, it's not really that difficult. The Broncos SHOULD have good players available every time they pick in the first 3 rounds.

They have to hit the jackpot 4 times in a row, just to get back into the game! Or else we might as well admit that Denver is the 2010s version of the Cleveland Browns or Detroit Lions. :coffee:

T.K.O.
12-21-2010, 12:26 PM
i would settle for hitting the "JACKPOT" once in the first 4 rounds:beer:
anything more would be gravy !!!!

PAINTERDAVE
12-21-2010, 12:27 PM
But dont be surprised to see some trading for extra picks....

I would prefer to take the best guys with the top picks...

but heck.. we dont even know who the coach is...
(but it sure looks like, sadly, they are gonna give Xanders a chance at GM)

PAINTERDAVE
12-21-2010, 12:28 PM
i would settle for hitting the "JACKPOT" once in the first 4 rounds:beer:
anything more would be gravy !!!!

Very humble...

but we NEED to hit the jackpot on all picks this time around...

Cugel
12-21-2010, 12:30 PM

Hopefully you're WRONG! Why win a meaningless game now when it will hurt the franchise for the next 10 years?

Remember that teams draft in the same order in EVERY ROUND!

It's not just the 1st round people! The Panthers will have the #1 pick AND the #33 pick! And the #56 pick too!

That's three of the top 50 players.

Denver will have even BETTER than that because we could draft 2nd, 34th, (whatever Miami's pick is in the 2nd round), and 57th!

With good drafting we could and SHOULD wind up with Four PRO-BOWL players with those picks. At the very least we should get three players who can start in their rookie years and contribute, and who will be solid dependable veterans and hold down their positions for the next 5 years.

That's how championships are baked. Get good young players in the draft and season them to taste. Then add in a few key pieces in FA. Cook in the playoffs until done. Serve in the Super Bowl! :laugh:

T.K.O.
12-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Very humble...

but we NEED to hit the jackpot on all picks this time around...

by "jackpot"....i think we are talking about a polamalu/peppers type player.
the kind that can give a defense an identity and has the ability to change a game (not once a year but many times).
i think it's pretty much a pipe dream to think any team will land even 1...let alone 4.
now if we are just talking players that can make the team and upgrade their respective positions on the broncos?then yes we do need to bring in solid guys.but the odds would still be long that all 4 would have that impact.
2 starters in their rookie year that can play well ,would be a vast improvement over recent history:salute:

Jake Klug
12-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Dont be surprised to se us trade down and get MORE picks.

We have so many needs to be filled...
extra bodies with talent and potential are what this team needs.

We seem to be losing them right and left to
gun charges, dui's, and assault charges...
and the ones we have are not very good.

Take an experienced Free Agent TE for TEBOW...
apparently there is a whole lot of them coming available.

Draft all Defense and an extra O-line or two.

Depending on how far they trade down, Id be very surprised and disappointed. Denver needs impact players on defense in the worst way, especially on the defensive line. If they pass that up, then you really have to question if its about money.

But if they move down from 2 to 3 or 4, OK, but to move out of the top ten or even top 5 is questionable.

Traveler
12-21-2010, 01:11 PM
(but it sure looks like, sadly, they are gonna give Xanders a chance at GM)

Got the same feeling too! Sigh!

Juriga72
12-21-2010, 01:12 PM
How We Got Here:

How We Get Out Of Here:

Draft players on defense more like Orakpo and Matthews and less like Ayers, Moreno, and Alphonso Smith. :coffee:

With decent talent evaluation and drafting at the top of every round, it's not really that difficult. The Broncos SHOULD have good players available every time they pick in the first 3 rounds.

They have to hit the jackpot 4 times in a row, just to get back into the game! Or else we might as well admit that Denver is the 2010s version of the Cleveland Browns or Detroit Lions. :coffee:

McD took one of the most lopsided trades and killed it. This could have been "Herschel Walker II" and he turned it into "Lawrence Phillips for Jerome Bettis II".......

Juriga72
12-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Remember that teams draft in the same order in EVERY ROUND!

It's not just the 1st round people! The Panthers will have the #1 pick AND the #33 pick! And the #56 pick too!
That's three of the top 50 players.

ADD a couple of FA defense players.... Oh AND what they call a "Defensive coach". And we could be back quick.

pipes
12-21-2010, 01:51 PM
The lower strength of schedule gets us the higher pick, actually, and it is not even going to be close. We played the NFC West, are in the AFC West, and played against the AFC South while the Bengals played the AFC East.

I thought they flipped a coin to determine in case of a tie?! Cause didn't Denver lose a coinflip a couple of years ago?
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BORDERLINE
12-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Denver will likely end up with the 3rd pick

Cugel
12-21-2010, 03:04 PM
Denver will likely end up with the 3rd pick

Not if we lose out and Detroit does too! They play much better teams than we do and their strength of schedule is much stronger!

The only thing that could screw things up now is beating the Texans! I'd feel a lot more confident about that game if it were in Texas. Broncos are a horrible road team, but I'm afraid they might just win on emotion in Tebow's home opener.

One meaningless victory and a moment for the fans to cheer versus getting a superior draft picks all through the draft! (you get better picks in rounds 2 through 7 as well)!

Over 7 rounds the difference between the 1st & 31st pick is very significant indeed!

For instance, the #1 overall pick is worth 3000 points, while the 32nd is worth 590 points -- a difference of 2410 points! That's just huge. 2400 points is actually equal to somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd pick!

You're virtually guaranteed of getting a tremendous player drafting 1st or 2nd or 3rd (unless you blow it by picking a BUST!)

But, on the plus side we won't have McIdiot doing the picking any more! That's bound to be a huge help! I honestly think that Brian Xanders and a dart board would do a better job than McMoron did!

jlarsiii
12-21-2010, 04:43 PM
I thought they flipped a coin to determine in case of a tie?! Cause didn't Denver lose a coinflip a couple of years ago?
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

That only occurs when teams have the exact same record and the exact same strength of schedule. At that point they then flip a coin to determine draft order.

Juriga72
12-21-2010, 05:07 PM
That only occurs when teams have the exact same record and the exact same strength of schedule. At that point they then flip a coin to determine draft order.

I could see us tying with Carolina...LOL
If thats the case we would end up losing the flip...Like the Bears did in 1970.... losing of course Terry Bradshaw...LMAO

Cugel
12-21-2010, 05:45 PM
I could see us tying with Carolina...LOL
If thats the case we would end up losing the flip...Like the Bears did in 1970.... losing of course Terry Bradshaw...LMAO

Carolina finishes with the Steelers and Falcons! They MIGHT win the game against the Falcons -- IF the Falcons are resting virtually their entire team for the playoffs.

Falcons will have nothing to play for since they already have the 1st seed locked up, and won't want to take a chance of getting key players hurt. Plus, they will want to rest their starters to get them healed up as much as possible for the playoffs.

But, even with the Falcons playing at 50% of normal, and mailing it in, it's doubtful the Panthers have enough emotional strength to win that game. If the Falcons get up in the first half, the Panthers are just going to think "here we go again! Boy is this a long season! I can't wait to get out of here!"

Of course there's ZERO chance of their beating the Steelers next week. :coffee:

PAINTERDAVE
12-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Weare gonna BEAT the Texans this week.... and still have a good draft position.