PDA

View Full Version : Would Ayers be better at ILB?

Jake Klug
12-20-2010, 07:38 PM
He just doesnt bring it from the edge where the pass rush is concerned. On the other hand, he does a decent job with blockers and playing the run. Instead of having a deficient pass rush on the left side, maybe he can be a good pass rusher in the middle as well as playing the run.

He played inside linebacker in high school.

spikerman
12-20-2010, 07:39 PM
He just doesnt bring it from the edge where the pass rush is concerned. On the other hand, he does a decent job with blockers and playing the run. Instead of having a deficient pass rush on the left side, maybe he can be a good pass rusher in the middle as well as playing the run.

Maybe, but he doesn't look that impressive when he engages blockers either.

Clipworthy
12-20-2010, 08:09 PM
I don't see him playing well anywhere unless he drastically improves this offseason. He needs to shed some weight since the size obviously isn't working for him, needs to try for agility

jhildebrand
12-20-2010, 10:21 PM
Ayers simply isn't playing hard. Put him at Left DE and lets see what he can do. He was a TERRIBLE pick.

broken12
12-20-2010, 10:21 PM
would be best at defensive end, just doesnt have the agility of a linebacker!

spikerman
12-20-2010, 10:31 PM
would be best at defensive end, just doesnt have the agility of a linebacker!

Even though he's playing out of his natural position he could still do well with more effort. They guy is a 2nd year player, I can't believe he can't play harder than he is. His body language is that of a player who is either totally defeated, or doesn't care.

PAINTERDAVE
12-20-2010, 10:39 PM
Next season..
with a good coach...
after a good defensive draft..
is it not safe to assume that the general level of play
by the guys who remain will rise to that of
the new scheme, coaching, expectations?

I think Ayers has potential to be good...
and if the rest of the defense is upgraded...
and he is practicing and playing with a better group...
we can expect improvement.

We are gonna see a huge turnover...
but Doom, Ayers, DJ, Mays, Sydquan...
there will be some guys who are still here.
Some guys who will still be here for a shot to make the team...
but very well may get beat out.

I wonder about the oldsters like Dawkins and Goodman...
and I hope they sign Champ.

Just thinkin' out loud.

It will be what it will be.

Ravage!!!
12-20-2010, 10:59 PM
Ayers simply isn't playing hard. Put him at Left DE and lets see what he can do. He was a TERRIBLE pick.

Can't be.. CAN'T BE!!! mayock said he was going to be the BEST!!

jhildebrand
12-20-2010, 11:07 PM

Maybe if we took the hand in the dirt DE out of a 4-3 in TN Volunteer D and had him play hand in the dirt DE in a 4-3 here, Mayock might have a leg to stand on.

Right now Ayers is playing like uninspired garbage.

DenBronx
12-20-2010, 11:08 PM

I think he would be slower than molasses at ILB and would get lost in the middle. His only chance is OLB or DE. Just my opinion from what I have seen.

Terrible for the choices we had! I got sick to my stomach when we picked him over Matthews/Orakpo. Surely he isn't as bad as Jarvis Moss though.

Well, I think we reached on Ayers and even Mayock looked a little confused even though he said he was a work in progress and wouldn't be ready for 2-3 years. I think he was thinking we needed a play me now guy at pick 18.

broken12
12-20-2010, 11:10 PM
Strong side de in 4/3 weak side de on 3/4 no agility lost in space too...imagine what this defense would lok like with mathews and raji or that lb frim washington over ayers and moreno

DenBronx
12-20-2010, 11:13 PM
Strong side de in 4/3 weak side de on 3/4 no agility lost in space too...imagine what this defense would lok like with mathews and raji or that lb frim washington over ayers and moreno

And kept Nolan!

damn "what if's" lol

broken12
12-20-2010, 11:15 PM
What if eddie royal was targeted more....

DenBronx
12-20-2010, 11:23 PM
What if eddie royal was targeted more....

What if David Bruton didn't miss tackles?

Lonestar
12-21-2010, 12:19 AM
I firmly believe that Ayers will be fine if we upgrade the DLINE. Once Doom is back on the field it is amazing how much better ayers will be.

They will not be able to double team.either of them and if we can get a front 3 that is quality more than just one deep. This group can be scary.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

sneakers
12-21-2010, 01:11 AM
We should clone Al Wilson, and name his clone Al Wilsen.

spikerman
12-21-2010, 07:04 AM
I firmly believe that Ayers will be fine if we upgrade the DLINE. Once Doom is back on the field it is amazing how much better ayers will be.

They will not be able to double team.either of them and if we can get a front 3 that is quality more than just one deep. This group can be scary.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

The thing is that Ayers is rarely double teamed. There is no need to.