PDA

View Full Version : Tebow's Bible Verse on His Wristband Yesterday...

vandammage13
12-20-2010, 06:22 PM
I noticed Tebow had a bible verse written on his wristband during the game yesterday that I thought was interesting.

Psalms 23:4 ~ Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

....Kind of fitting, since he was going into the Black Hole and pretty much everyone (outside of CO and FL) was betting on him failing.

camdisco24
12-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Def a fitting verse for his circumstances yesterday!

G_Money
12-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Better break out Ezekiel 25:17 for his next start.

~G

Day1BroncoFan
12-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Save that one for sandy eggo.

JaxBroncoGirl
12-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Yes that Tebow is so awesome, he wears a bible verse all the time, in college he was allowed to put the verses on his black stuff under his eyes, yet was told you cannot do that in the NFL, I kinda knew he would find a place to put a verse. You cannot help be to love the guy.

PS........This may not be the place to put this, but I was emailed by 2 mods that my post yesterday was distasteful and disrespectful to Topscribe and to Ravage. I want to say I am sorry for the comments and to the Broncos message boards. I was out of line and did make personal attacks.

I want you to know that I am sorry and it will not happen again. I guess I wanted to get my point out about Tebow. Even though we disagree, my remarks were off base. Sorry to the Staff and to every one here.

scott.475
12-20-2010, 07:03 PM
NFL will find a way to make him stop.

Dzone
12-20-2010, 07:10 PM
Yep, was thinking the same thing..The No Fun League frowns on such things...will prob fine him when they find out...

camdisco24
12-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Yep, was thinking the same thing..The No Fun League frowns on such things...will prob fine him when they find out...

I can only imagine the backlash fining him would receive...

GEM
12-20-2010, 07:58 PM
I noticed Tebow had a bible verse written on his wristband during the game yesterday that I thought was interesting.

Psalms 23:4 ~ Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

....Kind of fitting, since he was going into the Black Hole and pretty much everyone (outside of CO and FL) was betting on him failing.

He also posted that on his twitter account a few hours before the game.

Dirk
12-20-2010, 08:01 PM
He also posted that on his twitter account a few hours before the game.

Maybe I should get a cell phone so I can get tweets. Some "up to the minute" items go across twitter from time to time.

I really need to get up to speed. :tsk:

scott.475
12-20-2010, 09:02 PM

Back when Rothlisberger was still a decent guy and a rookie, he would write "PFJ", meaning "Play For Jesus" on his shoes with a Sharpie and the league made him stop doing that.

Jagsbch
12-21-2010, 05:54 AM

Tebow has been in the shadows of a lot of hate spawned from the agenda to dismantle any asperations folks would have of him. I am glad to see him rise above the hate that has overshadowed his potential legacy

Jagsbch
12-21-2010, 05:55 AM

sounds like a conspiracy to me

FanInAZ
12-21-2010, 06:09 AM
sounds like a conspiracy to me

Not at all, its the NFL's track record in responding to players wearing anything that is not part of their team's official uniform.

Remember when Jake Plummer wanted to honor his fallen former teammate, Pat Tillman, longer then the NFL allowed? He got fined.

A Bears QB in the mid 80's, Jim McMahon, got in trouble with the league for wearing sweatbands with none league logos on them.

Jagsbch
12-21-2010, 06:19 AM
like I said its a conspiracy

sneakers
12-21-2010, 06:36 AM
Tebow has been in the shadows of a lot of hate spawned from the agenda to dismantle any asperations folks would have of him. I am glad to see him rise above the hate that has overshadowed his potential legacy

Jags, I think your fondness for Tebow has risen above hero worship, to the point of obsession....I am kinda worried for you. :D