PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: TEBOW TO START vs. HOUSTON

honz
12-20-2010, 05:10 PM
Studesville just announced it at the presser. Let's party!

BroncoStud
12-20-2010, 05:11 PM
There would have been a riot at Invesco if anyone other than Tebow starts against Houston on Sunday.

honz
12-20-2010, 05:14 PM
Mods please sticky my thread and make it show up in large and bold text on the front page.

DallasChief
12-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Mods please sticky my thread and make it show up in large and bold text on the front page.

Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me!

camdisco24
12-20-2010, 05:16 PM
sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

Rex
Dont confuse this with the impending 27 "Unofficial" Tebow to start vs Houston threads.

tia

Rex
look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me!

wow

hotcarl
12-20-2010, 05:17 PM
mods please sticky all tebow threads forever and delete all posters but me tia and make me an admin tia :welcome:

honz
12-20-2010, 05:18 PM
Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me!
What about it?

Rex
12-20-2010, 05:21 PM
What about it?

Does starting an official thread or getting one "sticky'd" pay more ?

NightTrainLayne
12-20-2010, 05:24 PM
Tebow starting for the last two games only seems like common sense, but I guess I shouldn't expect too much common sense the way things have gone these past couple of seasons.

This is good news, I am excited to see what Tebow does in these last two games.

Juriga72
12-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Tebow starting for the last two games only seems like common sense, but I guess I shouldn't expect too much common sense the way things have gone these past couple of seasons.

This is good news, I am excited to see what Tebow does in these last two games.

Against the #32 pass D...LOL

I have the over under at "20" pass atempts for Tim Tebow this weekend....

Grover
12-20-2010, 05:33 PM
I have the over under at "20" pass atempts for Tim Tebow this weekend....

So by over/under I assume you mean that if Tebow throws Under 20 passes that we lose, and if he throws Over 20 passes, we still lose?

sneakers
12-20-2010, 05:37 PM
I would have LOLed so hard if Orton was named the starter.

tubby
12-20-2010, 05:45 PM
http://image12.webshots.com/13/2/67/41/340926741xulNJM_ph.jpg

Day1BroncoFan
12-20-2010, 05:46 PM
Thank ***!

hotcarl
12-20-2010, 05:54 PM
just an fyi : i would like to invite you all to my 500th post celebration thread

i will be starting it soon, it should be a lot of fun, we will have posts, and maybe some pics, and blevens said he would come :welcome:

Ziggy
12-20-2010, 05:59 PM
It'll be nice to get a 3 game sample of Tebow to end the season, especially if Denver lands the #1 pick and Andrew Luck comes out in the draft, which is still a posibility.

Dzone
12-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Darnit, I was hoping to see Orton again:aetsch:

Day1BroncoFan
12-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Darnit, I was hoping to see Orton again:aetsch:

:tsk:

tripleoption
12-20-2010, 08:21 PM
I was listening to Dave Logan talk to Studesville on 850 KOA tonight, and the official reasons Studes gave for starting Tebow was A: Orton's ribs aren't any better, and B: they want to go ahead and make a decision now to start Tebow instead of stretching it out all week. That way there is no question who starts and Tebow can prepare all week knowing he's starting against the Texans. Glad I've got a ticket for the game Sunday! :whoo:

Cugel
12-20-2010, 08:31 PM
You people are all NUTS!!! This is a disaster! We NEED ORTON!

With Tebow there's a serious chance of him SCREWING UP and WINNING THE DAMN GAME! :mad:

That would totally ruin Denver's draft position! Instead of #2 they'd slide to around #6 or something! And if he REALLY Screws up and they somehow beat SD the wheels totally come off.

Two meaningless wins that will do NOTHING to help next year and will be completely forgotten by next September, versus a draft pick that allows Denver to grab a SERIOUS STUD pass-rusher who might be another Julius Peppers for the next 10 years!

Plus, they draft right at the top of every round! Makes a big difference. If they win this game I'm going to be upset!

TXBRONC
12-20-2010, 09:42 PM
You people are all NUTS!!! This is a disaster! We NEED ORTON!

With Tebow there's a serious chance of him SCREWING UP and WINNING THE DAMN GAME! :mad:

That would totally ruin Denver's draft position! Instead of #2 they'd slide to around #6 or something! And if he REALLY Screws up and they somehow beat SD the wheels totally come off.

Two meaningless wins that will do NOTHING to help next year and will be completely forgotten by next September, versus a draft pick that allows Denver to grab a SERIOUS STUD pass-rusher who might be another Julius Peppers for the next 10 years!

Plus, they draft right at the top of every round! Makes a big difference. If they win this game I'm going to be upset!

I would rather they stick with interior linemen so really I we don't draft the guy you're advocating for.

Good grief Cugel we haven't won those games just yet let's not count our chick before the eggs have hatched. If Studesville and McCoy put together another stinker of a game plan like did Sunday that wont do much to engender confidence.

DenBronx
12-20-2010, 09:44 PM
Studesville just announced it at the presser. Let's party!

I think ESPN reported earlier today that Tebow won't just start against Houston but the rest of the year to evaluate him.

They should have done this weeks ago. :salute:

TXBRONC
12-20-2010, 09:55 PM
I think ESPN reported earlier today that Tebow won't just start against Houston but the rest of the year to evaluate him.

They should have done this weeks ago. :salute:

At the very least in those blow outs Tebow should have at the very least gotten come in to mop up imo.

DenBronx
12-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Sheftner just confirmed Tebow to start the rest of the year on the MNF half time show.

TXBRONC
12-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Sheftner just confirmed Tebow to start the rest of the year on the MNF half time show.

After Tebow got the start in Oakland I figured if he held his own in Oakland that he would probably start the last two home games.

JaxBroncoGirl
12-20-2010, 10:27 PM
I was listening to Dave Logan talk to Studesville on 850 KOA tonight, and the official reasons Studes gave for starting Tebow was A: Orton's ribs aren't any better, and B: they want to go ahead and make a decision now to start Tebow instead of stretching it out all week. That way there is no question who starts and Tebow can prepare all week knowing he's starting against the Texans. Glad I've got a ticket for the game Sunday! :whoo:

If Orton does have rib problems, the pain can be unbearable, serious stuff on the ribs. He may be out for several weeks. Regardless, I hope Tebow does well. We all know how much I love Tebow but not at the expense of another player being hurt. I wish I could be there in the stadium this week. I would love, love to be there. Hope everyone has a great time and Go Broncos! It must be really cold now up there. Jacksonville is cold now at 32 degrees so I cannot imagine what yall go through during the games. It must be fun.....I guess yall dress in layers? It would be a dream come true to go to the game.

BroncoWave
12-20-2010, 10:41 PM

I dunno, I felt pretty confident in the news when Studesville announced it himself during the press conference this morning! :lol:

DenBronx
12-20-2010, 10:47 PM
I dunno, I felt pretty confident in the news when Studesville announced it himself during the press conference this morning! :lol:

I think he only said Houston.

Did he in fact say "the rest of the year"?

BroncoWave
12-20-2010, 10:51 PM
I think he only said Houston.

Did he in fact say "the rest of the year"?

Ah ok, you're right Studes did just say Houston. Carry on! :D

DenBronx
12-20-2010, 10:53 PM
Ah ok, you're right Studes did just say Houston. Carry on! :D

dude...no worries when you need live breaking news you can always rely on me. :D

JaxBroncoGirl
12-20-2010, 10:57 PM
If Orton does have rib problems, then I would guess Tebow would play the remainder of the season. As I posted earlier, Ribs are no joke, serious pain and it takes time to get over ribs being bruised or fractured. Never ever would I want to hurt my ribs again, we are talking Painful........So if Orton has rib problems for heavens sake keep him on the sideline.

TXBRONC
12-20-2010, 11:02 PM
dude...no worries when you need live breaking news you can always rely on me. :D

We'll just start calling Scoop. :D

BCJ
12-21-2010, 05:16 AM
Now the question is, "Do the Gator fans start driving out to Denver by Thursday and miss Christmas with family or spend $1000 on a round way ticket Christmas night ?"

BroncoStud
12-21-2010, 09:59 AM
Orton's ribs aren't the issue. Remember, he was magically throwing the ball 70 yards in practice on Wednesday to the pretty white unicorn in the opposite endzone cheered on by Santa's elves but then couldn't even do skip drills on Thursday, then threw a couple of 5 yard passes on Friday in warmups...

This was Bowlen and Ellis to STUDS "Play Tebow now and Kyle Orton is hurt" hence saving face for Orton (in the upcoming trade), selling out Invesco, and of ya, evaluating the future.

It's the second good move they've made in 2 years, other than firing Dopey.

Dzone
12-21-2010, 10:57 AM
If Tebow plays well, it will make the offseason a lot less painful to endure...

Traveler
12-21-2010, 11:28 AM
If Tebow plays well, it will make the offseason a lot less painful to endure...

I'm not so sure. I have this sinking feeling that alot of fans-including me-are not going to be happy with the new FO Organizational Structure and HC selection. Bunch of retreads from the past. :tsk:

Please let me be wrong!

Dzone
12-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Dan patrick show...he was talking about Tebow. Said Tebow doesnt look smooth. said tebow looks "muscle bound"..compared him to Roethlisberger and said Roth moves around smoother than Tebow...geezo...these media people look for anything to criticize Tebow

BroncoStud
12-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Dan patrick show...he was talking about Tebow. Said Tebow doesnt look smooth. said tebow looks "muscle bound"..compared him to Roethlisberger and said Roth moves around smoother than Tebow...geezo...these media people look for anything to criticize Tebow

Yes, Tim, DON'T lift any more weights! You look to muscular! :elefant:

TXBRONC
12-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Orton's ribs aren't the issue. Remember, he was magically throwing the ball 70 yards in practice on Wednesday to the pretty white unicorn in the opposite endzone cheered on by Santa's elves but then couldn't even do skip drills on Thursday, then threw a couple of 5 yard passes on Friday in warmups...

This was Bowlen and Ellis to STUDS "Play Tebow now and Kyle Orton is hurt" hence saving face for Orton (in the upcoming trade), selling out Invesco, and of ya, evaluating the future.

It's the second good move they've made in 2 years, other than firing Dopey.

I kind of doubt Orton will take it as a face saving move and if he doesn't see it as such I don't think we'll know until he eventually moves on.

BORDERLINE
12-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Can't wait to see what Tebow can do next seson with hopefully an improved O-Line and DT back healthy...

picture DT, Llyod , Royal , Decker in a spread look

That's why I have so much hope for him

Day1BroncoFan
12-21-2010, 02:46 PM
Tebow needs some yoga. :2thumbs: