PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly, I'm a Tebow fan

rationalfan
12-19-2010, 11:45 PM
Wow. Gotta say, I didn't think he'd be that good today. And, like many of you have already posted, the biggest problem was the play calling.

But aside from being surprised about Tebow's first start, this is why I'm becoming a fan: He reminded me of Phillip Rivers. Not just the awkward delivery. Not just that his pass trajectories look odd but seem to find the receivers. It was the intangibles. When you watch Rivers, he just finds a way to make a play and he seems to make the right reads almost all the time. He rallies his teammates and they ALWAYS respond. That's how Tebow looked today.

He's still raw. And he's still going to have some very bad days. But Tebow has that uncanny sense of what to do on a football field. And he knows how to get his teammates to fight for/with him. Again, he reminded me of Rivers, but with a fullback's running ability.

GEM
12-19-2010, 11:50 PM
Wow. Gotta say, I didn't think he'd be that good today. And, like many of you have already posted, the biggest problem was the play calling.

But aside from being surprised about Tebow's first start, this is why I'm becoming a fan: He reminded me of Phillip Rivers. Not just the awkward delivery. Not just that his pass trajectories look odd but seem to find the receivers. It was the intangibles. When you watch Rivers, he just finds a way to make a play and he seems to make the right reads almost all the time. He rallies his teammates and they ALWAYS respond. That's how Tebow looked today.

He's still raw. And he's still going to have some very bad days. But Tebow has that uncanny sense of what to do on a football field. And he knows how to get his teammates to fight for/with him. Again, he reminded me of Rivers, but with a fullback's running ability.

It was good to see that the guys are behind him. Tebow down on the ground and his teammates are getting chippy in his defense. I loved today! I still hate the God awful defense...

Juriga72
12-19-2010, 11:59 PM
can SOMEONE call a passing ******* play?

underrated29
12-20-2010, 12:02 AM
can SOMEONE call a passing ******* play?

Josh Mcdaniels can. Sadly, we fired him.

GEM
12-20-2010, 12:05 AM
Josh Mcdaniels can. Sadly, we fired him.

If Josh were still here, Tebow wouldn't have started. PERIOD.

BroncoBJ
12-20-2010, 12:08 AM
If Josh were still here, Tebow wouldn't have started. PERIOD.

You never know. Orton might have still been hurt :P

But yea, I don't know if he would have started or not. I wish Josh was here just so I won't be uncertain as to what happens to Tebow next year. I know that I will be hella pissed if we draft a QB this year.

rocks
12-20-2010, 12:34 AM

I expect bad days from Tebow. Hell... Rivers STILL has bad days.

sneakers
12-20-2010, 12:35 AM
You never know. Orton might have still been hurt :P

But yea, I don't know if he would have started or not. I wish Josh was here just so I won't be uncertain as to what happens to Tebow next year. I know that I will be hella pissed if we draft a QB this year.

We could be like the Lions.....hire Matt Millen after the season and have him draft QB's in the first round the next three years in a row.

dogfish
12-20-2010, 01:49 AM
It was good to see that the guys are behind him. Tebow down on the ground and his teammates are getting chippy in his defense. I loved today! I still hate the God awful defense...

and tebow out on the edge blocking on that cutback run, or firing up the defense from the sideline. . . yea, that's good stuff. . . i told north, tim didn't look like the game was too big for him-- people can sell him short, the guy is a good football player. . .

GEM
12-20-2010, 02:09 AM
and tebow out on the edge blocking on that cutback run, or firing up the defense from the sideline. . . yea, that's good stuff. . . i told north, tim didn't look like the game was too big for him-- people can sell him short, the guy is a good football player. . .

He has that fire. My absolute favorite QB in the league is Brees. Not because of his physical skills....because of his ability to get a team on his back and get them rowdied up for a game. I see that in Tebow....but on a much bigger level. That shit has me SO excited!!! :D

Shazam!
12-20-2010, 02:28 AM
What would be interesting is if TT becomes Denver's starting QB and he succeeds well, we'll all owe a debt of gratitude to the man who wrecked our beloved team...

GEM
12-20-2010, 02:31 AM
What would be interesting is if TT becomes Denver's starting QB and he succeeds well, we'll all owe a debt of gratitude to the man who wrecked our beloved team...

I'd puke on my hand before shaking his. :D

girler
12-20-2010, 02:37 AM
Suddenly I'm becoming a Tebow fan too. :salute:

But can we keep the talk about phyllis out of the Broncos forums? That gives me indigestion. :lol:

dogfish
12-20-2010, 02:43 AM

shazam, when in the hell did tebow ever wreck our team?

and to whom are you most grateful for john elway's performance?

okay, my work here is done. . .

dogfish
12-20-2010, 02:44 AM
I'd puke on my hand before shaking his. :D

i'd puke on his shoes, and keep my hand clean. . .

and girls always try to say they're smarter than guys. . .

SMH

GEM
12-20-2010, 02:49 AM
i'd puke on his shoes, and keep my hand clean. . .

and girls always try to say they're smarter than guys. . .

SMH

Puking on my hand is purely for effect to truly show the guy just how much I hate him. Puking on his shoes just isn't personal enough.

Women are spiteful witches.

dogfish
12-20-2010, 02:56 AM
Puking on my hand is purely for effect to truly show the guy just how much I hate him. Puking on his shoes just isn't personal enough.

Women are spiteful witches.

i dunno. . . puke is a lot tougher to clean off your shoes than it is off your hand. . .

honz
12-20-2010, 02:58 AM
I'd pee in his mouth.

GEM
12-20-2010, 03:04 AM
I'd pee in his mouth.

He's probably into the kinky stuff.

dogfish
12-20-2010, 04:07 AM
I'd pee in his mouth.

hey honz, word of advice-- if you're going to post something like that, it's always best to sign it "sincerely, claymore". . . .

TXBRONC
12-20-2010, 08:15 AM

I agree Tebow didn't have that deer in the headlights look about him. For someone making his first start under horrible circumstances he looked very poised.

Juriga72
12-20-2010, 08:49 AM
I agree Tebow didn't have that deer in the headlights look about him. For someone making his first start under horrible circumstances he looked very poised.

Was it me or did I have many Tebow sightings on the sidelines? Doesn't he know that he's supposed to sit on the bench alone?

zbeg
12-20-2010, 08:59 AM

I wonder how much of that is part of his faith. Kurt Warner was similarly poised when he was thrown to the wolves after Trent Green went down in 1999. I remember a reporter asking Warner about how he was able to stay so poised with zero NFL regular season experience, and his answer was basically "God put me here, so why would I doubt myself?"

Tebow has the bizarre combination of appearing 100% confident in himself while somehow coming off as genuine and humble.

Dzone
12-20-2010, 09:09 AM
I think I would rather face the offseason with the memory of winning the last 2 games...that carries over..we will still get good defensive players in the draft...Tebow totally ignited Broncomania all over again...Tebowmania has begun. You got to feel good about it. We have a winner at QB that we can depend on.

Amazing how the national press is still talking negative about him. Mike Golic on espn just totally hates Tebow.He had nothing nice to say.

Tebow gets an A for his debut. Considering the circumstances. Had they opened up the offense game, Tebow could have brought us back.

Tebow gets an A+ for his press conference. He thanked the Broncos several times for drafting him. Wow. That was impressive.

Dzone
12-20-2010, 09:17 AM
Tebow virtually cemented his place in Canton.

:lol:

Juriga72
12-20-2010, 09:19 AM
I hate to say this..... IF... and its a HUGE IF..... the coaching staff allows Tebow to open the playbook up we might see something we have not seen in a while...

its called balance

Juriga72
12-20-2010, 09:20 AM
Tebow virtually cemented his place in Canton.

well... yeah. Because he's the first QB EVER!!!!! EVER!!!! to throw a 30 yard td pass and run a 40 yarder...

They will put his chewed gum in Canton, as he still is using his jock this week

Dzone
12-20-2010, 09:21 AM
well... yeah. Because he's the first QB EVER!!!!! EVER!!!! to throw a 30 yard td pass and run a 40 yarder...

They will put his chewed gum in Canton, as he still is using his jock this week

LMAO:lol:

Dzone
12-20-2010, 09:24 AM
hes going to revolutionize the position of quarterback..andrew luck will be wishing he was Tebow

Dzone
12-20-2010, 09:28 AM
Next week-The worst pass defense in the entire NFL and Mario Williams is hurt...

Dzone
12-20-2010, 09:35 AM

:lol::laugh::laugh:Ya, thanks Josh..at least you got us one draft pick that didnt suck

TXBRONC
12-20-2010, 09:59 AM
I wonder how much of that is part of his faith. Kurt Warner was similarly poised when he was thrown to the wolves after Trent Green went down in 1999. I remember a reporter asking Warner about how he was able to stay so poised with zero NFL regular season experience, and his answer was basically "God put me here, so why would I doubt myself?"

Tebow has the bizarre combination of appearing 100% confident in himself while somehow coming off as genuine and humble.

I have no doubt that his faith is the foundation of his confidence.

vandammage13
12-20-2010, 10:04 AM
I think I would rather face the offseason with the memory of winning the last 2 games...that carries over..we will still get good defensive players in the draft...Tebow totally ignited Broncomania all over again...Tebowmania has begun. You got to feel good about it. We have a winner at QB that we can depend on.

Amazing how the national press is still talking negative about him. Mike Golic on espn just totally hates Tebow.He had nothing nice to say.
Tebow gets an A for his debut. Considering the circumstances. Had they opened up the offense game, Tebow could have brought us back.

Tebow gets an A+ for his press conference. He thanked the Broncos several times for drafting him. Wow. That was impressive.

Yeah I heard him this morning too...When Tebow was brought up, Golic was just completely dismissive and did his best to change the subject.

dunk7
12-20-2010, 10:25 AM
Before we start planning the parade, let's see him complete more than 8 passes in a game. I'm going to reserve judgement until after the Houston game. If you can't pass against Houston, then I'd be concerned.

Dzone
12-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Invesco is going to be a lively place on Sunday! Whats the weather supposed to be like for the game?

GEM
12-20-2010, 10:47 AM
Before we start planning the parade, let's see him complete more than 8 passes in a game. I'm going to reserve judgement until after the Houston game. If you can't pass against Houston, then I'd be concerned.

Well the play callers actually have to CALL more passes in order for us to see them...

gator_fan
12-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Well the play callers actually have to CALL more passes in order for us to see them...
And he should have been more like 11 for those 16.

BroncoJoe
12-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Let's just hope our "coaches" leave him as the starter...
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

xzn
12-20-2010, 11:38 AM
I hate to even say it, but Studsville will start Orton this week if heis healthy.

Ugh.

BeefStew25
12-20-2010, 11:42 AM
I'd pee in his mouth.

Hey man. What are you doing for New Years?

GEM
12-20-2010, 11:44 AM
I hate to even say it, but Studsville will start Orton this week if heis healthy.

Ugh.

I don't see that happening. Bowlen is in for keeping his stadium filled.

gator_fan
12-20-2010, 12:26 PM
I don't see that happening. Bowlen is in for keeping his stadium filled.

I sure am hoping you're right about that.

Jake Klug
12-20-2010, 12:27 PM
I sure am hoping you're right about that.

I actually just heard on the radio that its being reported by the Denver Post that the Broncos plan on starting Tebow the rest of the way.

dogfish
12-20-2010, 12:39 PM

Ugh.

i think that time has passed. . .

gator_fan
12-20-2010, 12:52 PM
I actually just heard on the radio that its being reported by the Denver Post that the Broncos plan on starting Tebow the rest of the way.
That would be great. I do hope the page has turned now, and I am really looking forward to the next game.

jhildebrand
12-20-2010, 01:38 PM
The guy has "it" whatever it is! From my vantage point it had appeared that the O all but was ready to pack it in if not quit. The Tebow run seemed to excite them into playing.

For the first time this season we actually traded scores with a team even if it was just FG's.

Excited to see more against Houston.

arapaho2
12-20-2010, 01:53 PM
anyone seen TOP?...geez i hope the guy isnt o.d.ing on geritol and bengay with the probability that ortons days here are over

Dzone
12-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Amazing how the media "experts" are spinning Tebows performance yesterday and saying he played like crap. CJ and Klatt on 87.7, Mike Golic on Espn, and a crapload of others...Now they are ripping his foot work...Saying Tebow is not any good...
The liberal media hates Tebow....lol

vandammage13
12-20-2010, 02:40 PM
Amazing how the media "experts" are spinning Tebows performance yesterday and saying he played like crap. CJ and Klatt on 87.7, Mike Golic on Espn, and a crapload of others...Now they are ripping his foot work...Saying Tebow is not any good...

Cowherd was bashing him too...he actually spent probably more than half of his show today talking about Tebow. It was kind of funny though, because he has been bashing him in the past, saying "Tim Tebow is a joke in the NFL"....but now he is defending his stance, not on the offensive. He kept trying to spin his point by saying we lost by 25 points, which was not the case.... It was also pretty telling how these media types already have their minds made up about Tebow, as Cowherd conceded that he didn't watch the game, but "saw highlights and read the box score..."

I think it was very telling in the game yesterday. After the first drive you heard the Oakland fans chanting "TEBOW SUCKS!!"....but after the first quarter you didn't hear those chants anymore. Tim silenced his critics in that stadium, and it's only a matter of time before he silences his critics in the media.

tripleoption
12-20-2010, 02:45 PM

They don't like to admit that they may be wrong. It's human nature. If Tebow ends up being even a solid QB then he makes all the talking heads and 'experts' look like fools. All the 'experts' and naysayers are just waiting to pounce on the inevitable struggles he will have. Just wait'll he throws his first pick, the naysayers will come out and say the usual stuff (can't read defenses, poor decision making, bad footwork, bad throwing motion, etc., etc., ad nauseum, and so on-kinda like what they said about Elway early in his career), or has his first bad game with a QB rating of 50 or so. Simply put, haters gonna hate.

dogfish
12-20-2010, 03:00 PM
WTF do chumps like cowherd really know about sports? his opinion is frickin' useless. . . i want to hear what mike mayock has to say. . .

vandammage13
12-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Another thing I thought was funny on Cowherd's show I forgot to mention.....

He kept saying he would take a bet for $10,000 with anyone that Tebow's career won't be as good as Tom Brady's after 10 years.....So, after one game that Tebow played, Cowherd has went from saying that "Tebow is a joke in the NFL" to comparing him to Tom Brady (not Jake Delhomme, not Carson Palmer, not Kerry Collins, but Tom Brady). Kind of a drastic change in defensive posture there if you ask me....

BroncoWave
12-20-2010, 03:06 PM
Colin Cowherd has admitted he just likes to rile people up. Not sure why anyone would take what he says seriously. He is what we in the message board world like to call a troll.

vandammage13
12-20-2010, 03:10 PM
Colin Cowherd has admitted he just likes to rile people up. Not sure why anyone would take what he says seriously. He is what we in the message board world like to call a troll.

I agree, controversy does sell after all (so does Tebow, BTW)...But I think it represents the majority of the media's views on Tebow and how they are now invested in his failure, so they are going to be reluctant to give him any credit.

GEM
12-20-2010, 03:13 PM
Who gives a shit what any of them say. They know that the quickest way to get their ratings up and phone calls into their station is to pick a person like Tebow and go after them. They know it's a hot point. I would guess that around 50% of them either like the guy or are neutral, but play the attack card because it makes their numbers go up.

BeefStew25
12-20-2010, 03:36 PM
It is because Tebow is Jewish IMHO.

Jake Klug
12-20-2010, 04:40 PM
WTF do chumps like cowherd really know about sports? his opinion is frickin' useless. . . i want to hear what mike mayock has to say. . .

Its funny that a number of people who were either great QBs or have a good track record with QBs sign off on him...guys like Elway, Steve Young, John Gruden. But then some blabber mouth on the radio realizes its good radio to stir the pot and thats what people pay attention to.

Jake Klug
12-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Who gives a shit what any of them say. They know that the quickest way to get their ratings up and phone calls into their station is to pick a person like Tebow and go after them. They know it's a hot point. I would guess that around 50% of them either like the guy or are neutral, but play the attack card because it makes their numbers go up.

Dont you think its a little more than a coincidence that the fan base thinks one thing and the radio personalities have a completely different take? Why would that be? Hmm.....

Dzone
12-20-2010, 05:51 PM
Dont you think its a little more than a coincidence that the fan base thinks one thing and the radio personalities have a completely different take? Why would that be? Hmm.....
Cause the liberal media doesnt like people like Tebow....:lol:
Just jokin there...
But seriously, seems like the radio guys in Denver are really trying hard to temper the enthusiasm for Tebow...not to mention the Newspaper guys like dave Kreiger
At least woody paige was pretty favorable this morning

hotcarl
12-20-2010, 05:54 PM
just an fyi : i would like to invite you all to my 500th post celebration thread

i will be starting it soon, it should be a lot of fun, we will have posts, and maybe some pics, and blevens said he would come :welcome:

Jake Klug
12-20-2010, 05:57 PM
Cause the liberal media doesnt like people like Tebow....:lol:
Just jokin there...
But seriously, seems like the radio guys in Denver are really trying hard to temper the enthusiasm for Tebow...not to mention the Newspaper guys like dave Kreiger
At least woody paige was pretty favorable this morning

Or, stirring the pot is good business for radio...whether its liberal or whatever.

Day1BroncoFan
12-20-2010, 05:59 PM
I don't care what the radio people say. I'll see for myself.

:nod: