PDA

View Full Version : Telling stat - the formula for a losing record

ChampWJ
12-19-2010, 11:42 PM
Just looked it up and it's worth posting. Through 14 games:

Denver Points Scored - 292 (19th)
Denver Points Allowed - 415 (last)

Differential - Negative 123 (2nd to last only better than Carolina)

To put that into perspective, New England has scored 415 points, so that's like asking our offense to go out and be better than the best offense in the NFL just to have a chance.

Who cares what you do on offense if you can't stop anybody.

PAINTERDAVE
12-19-2010, 11:47 PM
That is why these draft picks are crucial.

Need to go D-line.

These folks who STILL keep lusting after Luck are driving me crazy.

turftoad
12-19-2010, 11:51 PM

To put that into perspective, New England has scored 415 points, so that's like asking our offense to go out and be better than the best offense in the NFL just to have a chance.

Why do ya think McFired got McFired. He traded away all our offensive talent and had to replace it instead of drafting "D". :tsk:

What a McDumbass. :listen:

Juriga72
12-20-2010, 12:00 AM
Why do ya think McFired got McFired. He traded away all our offensive talent and had to replace it instead of drafting "D". :tsk:

What a McDumbass. :listen:

My vote for post of the year

ChampWJ
12-20-2010, 12:11 AM
That is why these draft picks are crucial.

Need to go D-line.

These folks who STILL keep lusting after Luck are driving me crazy.

It all comes down to best player available, or needs based.

There is no doubt we need defense.

Peyton Manning caliber QB's are rarely available and first round D-Linemen will always be there. I don't know much about Luck but if he is as good as they say he is, you cannot pass on that type of player despite what other glaring needs your team has.

Tned
12-20-2010, 12:13 AM

Peyton Manning caliber QB's are rarely available and first round D-Linemen will always be there. I don't know much about Luck but if he is as good as they say he is, you cannot pass on that type of player despite what other glaring needs your team has.

I don't know, I think we need to go tackle and TE in the first two rounds.

MileHiWildcat
12-20-2010, 12:16 AM

If you are comparing Luck to Peyton Manning then there is this bridge I'd like to sell you....

ChampWJ
12-20-2010, 12:22 AM
If you are comparing Luck to Peyton Manning then there is this bridge I'd like to sell you....

Did you miss the part where I said:

"I don't know much about Luck"

I'm not the one making the comparison, just relaying what I've heard "experts" say about him. IF he is that type of player passing on him based on NEED will be a good way to get our next coach and GM on to their next jobs quicker.

Juriga72
12-20-2010, 12:34 AM

BUT!!!! Kyle threw for 3500 yards!!!!!!!!!

HORSEPOWER 56
12-20-2010, 01:15 AM
Ya know what the saddest stat is, at least today...

We were +2 in the turnover column. The defense forced 3 turnovers and we gave one back with the muffed punt. 14 of our points came off turnovers.

We still lost by 16 points...

That, my friends, is just sad. :tsk:

UrbanBounca
12-20-2010, 01:19 AM
I hope we go out and make a bomb pick like Washington did with Brian Orakpo a couple years back. We need a first round D-lineman, period.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Juriga72
12-20-2010, 09:45 AM
I hope we go out and make a bomb pick like Washington did with Brian Orakpo a couple years back. We need a first round D-lineman, period.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

I know you are going to laugh....BUT... I bet we could get Haynesworth from them.

WHEN he is playing he is unstoppable, just get him to play tho.

Orton/ 3rd for him.

shank
12-20-2010, 09:48 AM
I know you are going to laugh....BUT... I bet we could get Haynesworth from them.

WHEN he is playing he is unstoppable, just get him to play tho.

Orton/ 3rd for him.

i wouldn't trade orton's 3rd nut for haynesworth.

Dzone
12-20-2010, 09:52 AM
Watching Butch Wilfork last night...wonder if theres anyone like that in the draft

Juriga72
12-20-2010, 09:53 AM
i wouldn't trade orton's 3rd nut for haynesworth.

A qb who wont play for us again for D-line help......

Did you happen to see yesterdays game by chance? A guy who wants to show Shanny "F- YOU"... WHOEVER gets him next year gets a pissed off big azz guy who sits on quarterbacks heads.

Juriga72
12-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Watching Butch Wilfork last night...wonder if theres anyone like that in the draft

No.... but one pissed off guy is sitting on Washingtons sidelines right now.

Dzone
12-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Make Haynesworth room with Tebow , that will get Haynesworth going to church and reading the bible...
:lol:

Juriga72
12-20-2010, 09:55 AM
Dont let Hayensworth NEAR Denny Neagle.... I mean sheesh........

weazel
12-20-2010, 10:45 AM

so let me get this straight... if you give up more points than you get, you lose? holy shit, you should phone every coach in the NFL and let them know! I think you could make a lot of money with that information, buddy!

Nomad
12-20-2010, 10:46 AM
BRONCOS giving up 98 points to the Raiders this season is a pathetic stat!!!:tsk:

Juriga72
12-20-2010, 11:07 AM
Ok let me see if I get this...

We neede to score MORE points than the other team scores?

BUT.... When we were the "#4 Passing offense in the NFL" people were saying that passing yards > points..."You cannot blame THIS loss on TQBWNWBM... He threw for 476 yards today"

Which is it? Passing yards > points or Wins > passing yards?

Krugan
12-20-2010, 11:18 AM
So those that want big albert are wanting the broncos to switch D schemes, yet again?

Pretty sure Albert has expressed his dislike of the 3-4 at least twice now...

Juriga72
12-20-2010, 11:20 AM
So those that want big albert are wanting the broncos to switch D schemes, yet again?

Pretty sure Albert has expressed his dislike of the 3-4 at least twice now...

IF you dont have the people to PLAY a 3-4, how's that working out?

Its like saying "we are a run first team, cept the running part"

Whats needed in a 3-4:

Agressive ends who can pressure the QB- no
Big azz NT who pushes up field?- NO

So lets see..... NO QB pressure from front 3 means your 3-4 is what then? BAD

More important ..."Will the NEW HC bring a 3-4 defense with him?"

Krugan
12-20-2010, 11:28 AM
IF you dont have the people to PLAY a 3-4, how's that working out?

Its like saying "we are a run first team, cept the running part"

Whats needed in a 3-4:

Agressive ends who can pressure the QB- no
Big azz NT who pushes up field?- NO

So lets see..... NO QB pressure from front 3 means your 3-4 is what then? BAD

And Haynesworth doesnt want to play in a 3-4, so how is that and answer to any issue here?

Your asking them to retool the defense yet again, which seems to be a constant theme. I would hope we find something and stick with it. The revolving door is getting really old over there.

Good grief Wink is the 6th or 7th dc in 8 years. Its got to stop at some point while you build a defense.

Haynesworth isnt an answer, just a big paycheck.

Juriga72
12-20-2010, 11:52 AM
And Haynesworth doesnt want to play in a 3-4, so how is that and answer to any issue here?

Your asking them to retool the defense yet again, which seems to be a constant theme. I would hope we find something and stick with it. The revolving door is getting really old over there.

Good grief Wink is the 6th or 7th dc in 8 years. Its got to stop at some point while you build a defense.

Haynesworth isnt an answer, just a big paycheck.

And he will not be here next year. We have the worst defense in the NFL right now....sadly we HAVE to blow it up and get better. Yes getting DOOM back next year will help, but..... we need coaching first and foremost.

LAST year Dom Capers made Green Bay a 3-4, and they drafted INTO it. We didnt.

LAST year Capers struggled with the switch and they kept him, we didnt keep Nolan.

THIS year Green Bay is the Number 1 defense- we are the 32nd D.

On the bright side we cannot get worse......:)

broncofaninfla
12-20-2010, 12:48 PM
If Miama fires Sparano that free's up Nolan, I'd look to have him back here again.

Nomad
12-20-2010, 12:55 PM
If Miama fires Sparano that free's up Nolan, I'd look to have him back here again.

As the DC again or as HC??

BroncoStud
12-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Nolan was terrible as a HC in San Francisco. Some guys are meant to be coordinators, some are meant to HC. Nolan sure seems like a coordinator to me, a la Dick Lebeau, Monte Kiffin, GARY KUBIAK, and of course Norm Chow.

There's no shame in being a really good coordinator. It's the difference in being a politician and the man behind the scenes that actually gets the politician's work done.

Juriga72
12-20-2010, 01:16 PM
As the DC again or as HC??

Epic failure at HC..... VERY good at DC.

We'd hire him for HC then...lmao

I Eat Staples
12-20-2010, 03:26 PM
By his own admission, Haynesworth isn't good enough to play NT in a 3-4.

Day1BroncoFan
12-20-2010, 04:37 PM
I wouldn't want haynesworth here if they paid us to take him. Send him back to his mother and have slap some sense into him.