PDA

View Full Version : Currant draft pick status

PAINTERDAVE
12-19-2010, 11:17 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/group/1

If the season ended today we would have
the 2nd, 34th & the 49th (Miami's 2nd) picks!
3 of the top 50 picks!

chazoe60
12-19-2010, 11:20 PM
Lets pray we put the correct people in charge of deciding how those picks are spent this year. We need to hit a homerun with our GM hire. Screwing up 3 of the top 50 picks will set this franchise even further back.

This is going to be a watershed offseason for this franchise one way or the other, lets hope like Hell it is the right way.

ChampWJ
12-19-2010, 11:26 PM
Assuming we won't get Luck at 2, and given the strength of the D-Line talent throughout the first round, is it crazy to think we might be better off by trading down? We could replenish some of the picks McDaniels gave away for nothing and still get an excellent player in the middle part of the first round.

cuzz4169
12-19-2010, 11:28 PM
we don't have second pick...its a coin flip so we could get 2nd or 3rd

PAINTERDAVE
12-19-2010, 11:44 PM
Assuming we won't get Luck at 2, and given the strength of the D-Line talent throughout the first round, is it crazy to think we might be better off by trading down? We could replenish some of the picks McDaniels gave away for nothing and still get an excellent player in the middle part of the first round.

Amazing.

Still with the "Take Luck" stuff.

Did you watch the game today?

D-line
D-line
D-line

that is what those first 3 picks need to be.

ChampWJ
12-19-2010, 11:55 PM
Amazing.

D-line
D-line
D-line

I didn't say we should take Luck. I said I assume he won't be there when we pick.

Yes I watched the game today, since I've now been (without merit) asked that question several times.

I agree we need big time help on defense, but wouldn't tie myself to D-Line if the best defensive player available happens to play another position.

Juriga72
12-19-2010, 11:58 PM
rd 1- d-line
rd 2- d-LB
rd 3- D-DB

rd4-199....repeat above

BORDERLINE
12-20-2010, 01:20 AM
yup yup we need help on the D-Line Big time...we also need a fast outside LB and a new safety...a young CB...

damn we are in shambles on defense

SMH

cuzz4169
12-20-2010, 02:35 AM
I agree defense...but we need some speed at the RB position..I would love Jeff Demps or Chris Rainey. Could probably get either of them later in draft. I think Demps draft stock will go up when he runs around a 4.17 to 4.24 40yd sprint.

BroncoWave
12-20-2010, 02:38 AM
Stay AWAY from Chris Rainey. He got kicked off UF temporarily for stalking a woman. One of his texts to her said, and I quote, "Don't go a sleep". That guy is arrests and suspensions waiting to happen.

cuzz4169
12-20-2010, 02:41 AM
Stay AWAY from Chris Rainey. He got kicked off UF temporarily for stalking a woman. One of his texts to her said, and I quote, "Don't go a sleep". That guy is arrests and suspensions waiting to happen.

I don't agree...I'm a 365 day a yr gator fan...he's not a trouble kid...remember he's 20yrs old in college. he will be fine. One other gator I like is Will Hill I think he has Ed Reed potential.

Magnificent Seven
12-20-2010, 02:50 AM
We don't need to draft LB. We have Dumervil, DJ Williams, and Ayers. They need to upgrade on DL. Just draft 2 stud D-Linemen, and a stud DB.

Poet
12-20-2010, 03:20 AM
I don't agree...I'm a 365 day a yr gator fan...he's not a trouble kid...remember he's 20yrs old in college. he will be fine. One other gator I like is Will Hill I think he has Ed Reed potential.

I'm a Bengals fan every day, so T.O. isn't a cancer!

CrazyHorse
12-20-2010, 03:26 AM
I agree defense...but we need some speed at the RB position..I would love Jeff Demps or Chris Rainey. Could probably get either of them later in draft. I think Demps draft stock will go up when he runs around a 4.17 to 4.24 40yd sprint.

Yes Jeff Demps. He seems like someone that would be drafted by the Raiders. They love the fast guys. I think he would make a great returner and change of pace RB.

cuzz4169
12-20-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm a Bengals fan every day, so T.O. isn't a cancer!

I was saying I pay attention to what goes on down there...the kid has never been in trouble besides this situation.

SOCALORADO.
12-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Amazing.

D-line
D-line
D-line

If DEN got the 2nd pick and CAR passed on Luck then DEN could actually trade down! ARI,MIN,SF would all come calling. DEN could really land a bunch more high draft picks that would go a long way to rebuilding the team.

Juriga72
12-20-2010, 02:52 PM
If DEN got the 2nd pick and CAR passed on Luck then DEN could actually trade down! ARI,MIN,SF would all come calling. DEN could really land a bunch more high draft picks that would go a long way to rebuilding the team.

ONLY if we take players. How'd that work out for us last time we had a bunch of "High draft picks"...

GET the right people who can make a pick, Then get the players either thru FA or draft. Right now we need bodies, with talent. Get whoever we can get in here, as our depth is that of say......... Nebraska's gene pool- shallow

zbeg
12-20-2010, 07:28 PM
ONLY if we take players. How'd that work out for us last time we had a bunch of "High draft picks"...

GET the right people who can make a pick, Then get the players either thru FA or draft. Right now we need bodies, with talent. Get whoever we can get in here, as our depth is that of say......... Nebraska's gene pool- shallow

If the front office is going to squander the draft picks, then it's largely irrelevant how many we have or don't have. So if the front office is imcompetent, we're screwed away and it doesn't matter.

It's like if the neighbor kid next door wins the lottery at 18, and by age 20, he's squandered it all on speedboats and huge parties. You wouldn't say, "What use would I have for money? Look at the kid next door - he had a lot of money and look how THAT worked out." If you're a moron with money, it doesn't matter how much you have; you'll be poor regardless.

But if you're not a moron, then having money will allow you to make smart investments, retire comfortably, put your kids through college, etc.

Similarly, if the Broncos have a bad front office, then we can have all the picks in the world and it's going to be largely irrelevant (there is something to be said that if you're just going to throw darts, then having more picks is better because you have more chances to get lucky, but I prefer not to have the "hope and pray we accidentally draft well" approach).

But if the front office is good, then having as many resources as possible will enable the Broncos to rebuild as quickly and effectively as possible. Having the Luck pick and being able to parlay that into several high, quality draft picks would be the best outcome.

Cugel
12-20-2010, 07:42 PM

You're forgetting that if Carolina decides not to draft Luck they will have ARI, MIN, SF and a bunch of other teams calling them asking what it would take to get that pick! Ariz. would have the best picks to offer in that they will have a top 10 pick (they lost to Carolina this week and it's clear that they would need to play Denver again to get another win).

Other teams might just decide to upgrade their QB by taking Luck as well. Normally, you can't trade the top pick, but this year might be the exception.

So, they don't need to draft someone else if they don't want to draft a QB. They can take Luck and then trade him the way San Diego did with Eli Manning when Manning said he wouldn't sign with San Diego and wanted to go to another team. The Giants gave up a #1 draft pick (which I think turned out to be about #12 the next year) just to get Manning instead of Phillip Rivers!

Well, they got a championship, but they probably would have gotten that with Rivers anyway.

Cugel
12-20-2010, 07:44 PM
If Denver gets the top pick (which could possibly happen with another Carolina win -- not probable, but possible) Denver could just draft Luck and trade Tebow. Tebow looks like he will improve his trade value a lot in the next two games!

Don't bother flaming me you Tebow-fanatics! The new coach has ZERO loyalty to Tebow, and if he can get a prospect like Luck he's probably going to take it! :coffee:

Cugel
12-20-2010, 07:48 PM
If you're a moron with money, it doesn't matter how much you have; you'll be poor regardless.

Exhibit "A":

http://beat.bodog.com/wp-content/uploads/robin-givens.jpg
"I had $100 million, but then I met Robin Givens and Don King!"

hotcarl
12-20-2010, 09:02 PM
i love curtants, yum! congrats on your thread and happy holidays!! :welcome:

PAINTERDAVE
12-20-2010, 11:01 PM
i love curtants, yum! congrats on your thread and happy holidays!! :welcome:

Carl... what the heck are curtants? :confused:

You like Currants.

You spelled it wrong, too.

You are a clever fellow...

Congrats on your 500th post Celebratory thread, too.