PDA

View Full Version : Players words in the locker room.

PAINTERDAVE
12-19-2010, 10:39 PM
From the Denver Post... no reporters name given.

OAKLAND, CALIF. — What was said in the locker rooms after the Raiders' 39-23 victory over the Broncos:

"You're playing against the biggest, strongest, fastest, but at the end of the day it's still playing football and so it wasn't extremely different."

— Broncos rookie quarterback Tim Tebow after his first NFL start

"If we're going to put him out there, we might as well turn him loose. He can throw. We just can't handcuff him. Let him throw. Turn him loose and let him play."

— Wide receiver Jabar Gaffney about Tebow, who only attempted 16 passes. He completed eight for 138 yards, with one touchdown.

********Edited by Tned -- full article was posted contrary to article posting guidelines. Visit link for full article.

Read more: Bronco Talk: Players' words and opinions following Oakland's 39-23 victory - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16899409#ixzz18cTqGrVQ

horsepig
12-19-2010, 11:27 PM
He FINALLY got on the field, let him play. What in the Hell do the coaches think they have to lose????

Bosco
12-19-2010, 11:39 PM
He FINALLY got on the field, let him play. What in the Hell do the coaches think they have to lose????

We just happened to turn over the offensive play calling to someone who thought it would be a good idea to scrap our multiple receiver set offense for multiple tight end and running back sets, and now we're playing like it.

Tned
12-19-2010, 11:41 PM
We just happened to turn over the offensive play calling to someone who thought it would be a good idea to scrap our multiple receiver set offense for multiple tight end and running back sets, and now we're playing like it.

I'm sure part of it was being afraid of the Oakland pass rush, but why not let Tebow spend some time in Shotgun and spread things out, which is something he should be very comfortable with?

DenBronx
12-19-2010, 11:45 PM
Some of the most numskull play calling I have ever seen.

GEM
12-19-2010, 11:47 PM
Let him throw the mother ******* ball!

Bosco
12-19-2010, 11:47 PM
I'm sure part of it was being afraid of the Oakland pass rush, but why not let Tebow spend some time in Shotgun and spread things out, which is something he should be very comfortable with?

Good question. Hell if I know the answer though.

Juriga72
12-19-2010, 11:56 PM
These coaches will let Kyle throw pass after pass into the ground ...... but feel the need to "protect" Tebow by not passing????

Northman
12-19-2010, 11:57 PM

Thats again assuming that Studs is some great offensive mind.

Tned
12-19-2010, 11:59 PM
Let him throw the mother ******* ball!

Don't they know they are supposed to be Just trying to win the mother ******* game...

UnderArmour
12-20-2010, 12:06 AM
"If we're going to put him out there, we might as well turn him loose. He can throw. We just can't handcuff him. Let him throw. Turn him loose and let him play."

— Wide receiver Jabar Gaffney about Tebow, who only attempted 16 passes. He completed eight for 138 yards, with one touchdown.

[

This is spot on. I have no doubt McDaniels would have let him throw more today. I can see why McCoy wasn't given play calling duties. 3rd and long and all you're going to call is QB draws? Really? Put that call in Tebow's hands. If he doesn't see anything in the passing game, let him run with it. He's a smart enough player to make that read. Hell, this whole season ORTON, who doesn't have Tebow's legs, has been allowed to make the read to scramble or not. Designing QB runs on 3rd and long the entire game is not smart play calling, it is plain ******* stupid. Given the production of our passing game this season and our depth at receiver, Royal, Decker and Gaffney can help Lloyd in making Tebow's life easier. It was one of the worst play calling jobs I've seen in a long time from a Broncos coach (we got spoiled with Shanahan, Kubiak, and Bates). But at least from what I saw, Tebow is definitely our franchise QB. We don't need to draft one in April, we have him right now.

broncobryce
12-20-2010, 12:09 AM
Oh now people like mcd's play calls? Hmm.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

robert ethan
12-20-2010, 12:16 AM
If Gaffney says Tebow can throw that means something. Jabbar has caught a lot of passes from a lot of different QBs in the league over the past decade. From Tom Brady on down.

TXBRONC
12-20-2010, 12:19 AM
This is spot on. I have no doubt McDaniels would have let him throw more today. I can see why McCoy wasn't given play calling duties. 3rd and long and all you're going to call is QB draws? Really? Put that call in Tebow's hands. If he doesn't see anything in the passing game, let him run with it. He's a smart enough player to make that read. Hell, this whole season ORTON, who doesn't have Tebow's legs, has been allowed to make the read to scramble or not. Designing QB runs on 3rd and long the entire game is not smart play calling, it is plain ******* stupid. Given the production of our passing game this season and our depth at receiver, Royal, Decker and Gaffney can help Lloyd in making Tebow's life easier. It was one of the worst play calling jobs I've seen in a long time from a Broncos coach (we got spoiled with Shanahan, Kubiak, and Bates). But at least from what I saw, Tebow is definitely our franchise QB. We don't need to draft one in April, we have him right now.

If McDaniels were still here I'm not confident that Tebow would have seen the field.

Bosco
12-20-2010, 12:34 AM
If McDaniels were still here I'm not confident that Tebow would have seen the field.

I don't know why you think that. He openly stated earlier in the year that Tebow passed Quinn as the #2 QB.

The Glue Factory
12-20-2010, 12:35 AM
Some of the most numskull play calling I have ever seen.

With first & 10 from the 5 I knew we were headed for a safety. 2 plays later? Bingo! Safety. I was SCREAMING for them to pass on first down. McCoy got the idea one series too late. :tsk: By then the game was over. :mad:

Can't wait for next year and Tebow starting week 1!

sneakers
12-20-2010, 12:49 AM

Have him throw 39 times and have 3 or 4 of those passes intercepted so all the shmucks on ESPN (Mel Kiper Jr.) can pat themselves on the back all smuggly for saying that Tebow couldnt make it in the NFL...

I am pretty sure that would piss me off more than having him only throw 16 passes.

robert ethan
12-20-2010, 12:52 AM
Have him throw 39 times and have 3 or 4 of those passes intercepted so all the shmucks on ESPN (Mel Kiper Jr.) can pat themselves on the back all smuggly for saying that Tebow couldnt make it in the NFL...

I am pretty sure that would piss me off more than having him only throw 16 passes.

But it isn't supposed to be about trying to make a player look good, it's about trying to win the game. No reason to assume 3 or 4 picks. The guy only threw 16 in his entire college career covering 45 games or something.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-20-2010, 12:56 AM
I don't know why you think that. He openly stated earlier in the year that Tebow passed Quinn as the #2 QB.

What I think he means is that he feels that Orton isn't as "injured" as we are being led to believe and that Tebow's start was directed from someone above Studesville to get the fanbase recharged before our last two home games of the season.

McDaniels seemed adamant that he wouldn't start Tebow. I doubt Bolwen would've ordered his HC to start Tebow in the case of McDaniels, but Studesville isn't McDaniels and I'm sure he's very receptive to what Bowlen wants.

First and foremost, Tebow is playing because Bowlen wants the last two game of the year to sell out. Right now, it's not about who gives us the "best chance to win" or who's hurt or not, it's about selling tickets.

UrbanBounca
12-20-2010, 01:21 AM
I knew Tebow played decent overall, but 50% in his first NFL start is pretty good.

dogfish
12-20-2010, 01:29 AM
Oh now people like mcd's play calls? Hmm.

instigator. . . :laugh:

robert ethan
12-20-2010, 01:32 AM
Completion % wasn't great, but his QB rating was over 100. Better than any of the other rookies who started this week, as well as most of the vets. He was within one Dumbass Lance Ball clank off the chest from having probably the best passer rating of any debut in the history of the league.

Tned
12-20-2010, 01:39 AM
What I think he means is that he feels that Orton isn't as "injured" as we are being led to believe and that Tebow's start was directed from someone above Studesville to get the fanbase recharged before our last two home games of the season.

Sorry, there is nothing to back this up, and on the contrary, reports to refute this wild ass theory.

The beat reporters reported all week that Orton was visibly having difficulty walking, not to mention jogging in the parts of practice that were open. So, unless you believe that this was so well orchestrated that Orton willing 'acted hurt when he wasn't, I don't think that theory holds any water.

Now, IMO, even if Orton was healthy, I think Tebow should have gotten the start, but it seems clear that Orton was really injured.

PAINTERDAVE
12-20-2010, 01:41 AM
The debut was all one could ask for.

No picks.

I never saw a rating on any sacks.

I saw him scramble a few times....
never saw if it counted as a sack or not.

Awesome day.

Now... if they could game plan around his strengths...
at home this week... we could beat the Texans.

dogfish
12-20-2010, 01:52 AM
he was sacked at least twice IIRC, but that really doesn't reflect poorly on his performance. . . i was pleasantly surprised that he showed some tendency to keep his eyes downfield for a bit instead of just taking off every time if the first read isn't open within a couple seconds. . . there were some plays where he took advantage of solid protection and stood back there to scan the field. . .

i love that the fade fans only got to have one round of "tebow sucks" chants before he shut 'em up. . .

:D