PDA

View Full Version : 8 passing attempts in 1st half? Really

Jagsbch
12-19-2010, 08:53 PM
The play calling was what cost the Broncos the game. Talk about an identity crisis from hell.

How can the Broncos take the only thing making this team relavent and making it irrelevant in one Tim Tebow.

You don't fire your head coach in the middle of the season because you insist on putting a worst product on the field and expect anyone to respect your decision.

The front office is lost and the way this team appears at the moment reflects just that.

Broncos are garbage right now, but you know what, I couldn't imagine following another team...:salute:

Northman
12-19-2010, 08:57 PM
First game on the road, i expected a conservative called game.

tomjonesrocks
12-19-2010, 08:59 PM
These are basically scab coaches and it shows. The playcalling was so bad I could barely hold my game snacks down, but lets get real -- this perennially horrid defense lost the game for the team. How many long runs and big plays can you give up?

I did love the play that led to the safety though...Ball runs for...maybe a yard...Ball torn down in the endzone--safety! Nicely done boys...

BroncoWave
12-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Running a QB draw every 3rd down got dreadfully predictable. I understand the need to stay conservative but hell, call a bubble screen or swing pass to a back or something to mix it up. The Raiders knew it was coming every third down and we continued to do it.

(Yes, I suggested a bubble screen. Don't kill me Clay! :D )

atwater27
12-19-2010, 09:01 PM
The play calling was what cost the Broncos the game. Talk about an identity crisis from hell.

How can the Broncos take the only thing making this team relavent and making it irrelevant in one Tim Tebow.

You don't fire your head coach in the middle of the season because you insist on putting a worst product on the field and expect anyone to respect your decision.

The front office is lost and the way this team appears at the moment reflects just that.

Broncos are garbage right now, but you know what, I couldn't imagine following another team...:salute:

Dude, you really think if we put your boy out there in the first game and then had him pass the ball 50 times that he wouldn't have thrown a few pick sixes onm the way toa brutal day? As it was, he could barely complete 50 percent of his passes. Let's be realistic now.

EMB6903
12-19-2010, 09:01 PM

Conservative doesnt help Tebow when its obvious play calling.

Northman
12-19-2010, 09:04 PM
Conservative doesnt help Tebow when its obvious play calling.

In his first game on the road it does. I would venture to guess next week we will see more creative playcalling.

PAINTERDAVE
12-19-2010, 09:04 PM
A whole new sysytem will be here soon....

2 more home games...

then a long awaited off season of big time changes across the baord.

Thrilled we wont be wasting a first round pick mucking around with the QB position.

New coaches will be a welcome addition.

The McD system, play books, and coaching staff is headed to the trash heap.

I seriously doubt they will find work on other teams.

These last two weeks... the coaching has been below sub par.

PAINTERDAVE
12-19-2010, 09:06 PM
In his first game on the road it does. I would venture to guess next week we will see more creative playcalling.

Anything different would be an improvement.

As called for since the bye...

a game plan designed for Tebow's skill set....

not jkust pluggin him into McD's old Orton plan.

robert ethan
12-19-2010, 09:06 PM
It looked like a deliberate tank job to me. They totally took the game out of Tebow's hands once it looked like he had the team rolling. The defensive calls seemed calculated to deliberately leave huge holes for the Raiders. I think that Studs and that slimeball Martindale made their deal with the Devil.

Northman
12-19-2010, 09:08 PM
Anything different would be an improvement.

As called for since the bye...

a game plan designed for Tebow's skill set....

not jkust pluggin him into McD's old Orton plan.

Considering the kid didnt really even work with the first teamers until this week its completely understandable why they went the way they did today. Like i said, the more time he has with the starters and the playbook the more likely the game will open up in the coming weeks. This game was more than just seeing what he had. It was a confidence boost for the rookie and having him go out and throw 3 Int's doesnt do much for confidence. We were going to lose the game anyway, just too many problems so no sense in crushing the kid before he gets started.

Dzone
12-19-2010, 09:14 PM
Let's not forget that Tebow threw a perfect touchdown pass to Lance ball that hit him in the chest and he dropped it. Yes it was just one game but Tebow is way better than most predicted

MileHiWildcat
12-19-2010, 09:17 PM

Why ? Are they bringing in the local Pop-Warner Champs' staff ?

BroncoWave
12-19-2010, 09:18 PM
Considering the kid didnt really even work with the first teamers until this week its completely understandable why they went the way they did today. Like i said, the more time he has with the starters and the playbook the more likely the game will open up in the coming weeks. This game was more than just seeing what he had. It was a confidence boost for the rookie and having him go out and throw 3 Int's doesnt do much for confidence. We were going to lose the game anyway, just too many problems so no sense in crushing the kid before he gets started.

Being conservative is one thing. Calling the same damn play every single 3rd down is different. Once again, not saying he should have aired it out, but as least mix up the 3rd down playcalling a bit.

Northman
12-19-2010, 09:18 PM
Why ? Are they bringing in the local Pop-Warner Champs' staff ?

Why what.

Northman
12-19-2010, 09:21 PM
Being conservative is one thing. Calling the same damn play every single 3rd down is different. Once again, not saying he should have aired it out, but as least mix up the 3rd down playcalling a bit.

But look at who it is. Im amazed people are so shocked by this, its almost as if they really havent been paying attention to this team this year. Studs is a running back coach. The running game wasnt producing but he didnt want to get blown out by airing it out like we have with Orton. He wanted to give the team a chance to stay in the game while allowing Tebow to get adjusted to the game. Had tebow been playing all year and McD still running the show i could understand the complaints. But really? Really? Come on guys. Your so much better than this.

BroncoWave
12-19-2010, 09:23 PM
But look at who it is. Im amazed people are so shocked by this, its almost as if they really havent been paying attention to this team this year. Studs is a running back coach. The running game wasnt producing but he didnt want to get blown out by airing it out like we have with Orton. He wanted to give the team a chance to stay in the game while allowing Tebow to get adjusted to the game. Had tebow been playing all year and McD still running the show i could understand the complaints. But really? Really? Come on guys. Your so much better than this.

Didn't I JUST say I wasn't suggesting we air it out? :lol:

I simply said he could have had at least a LITTLE diversity on his 3rd down playcalling. Bubble screens and swing passes are safe playcalls too, and they don't get your QB killed. I don't mind mixing in a few QB draws on 3rd downs throughout the game, but to do it on every 3rd and long? Come on.

robert ethan
12-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Yeah, Studs was the RB coach. His buttboy Ball loves the guy, even though as a group they were so far in last place they needed a map and compass to locate the rest of the league. Today they had a ypc average approaching 1 if you take out Tebow's runs. Buttboy Ball was right down there with the worst of them.

Goose23
12-19-2010, 09:33 PM
When you have a porous defense, makes no sense to counter that with conservative playcalling that doesn't take advantage of your best offensive weapon.

The entire coaching staff should be sacked at season's end, Xanders fired, and a new staff brought in to rebuild the defense and retool the offense.

Softskull
12-19-2010, 09:42 PM

I agree. You don't want the Raiders teeing off on Tebow in what amounts to an extra preseason game. We got to see that Tebow is progressing well. Hopefully we get to see him play well in the next two games. I hate losing, but would hate to see Tebow get shell shocked in a meaningless game.

Northman
12-19-2010, 09:42 PM
When you have a porous defense, makes no sense to counter that with conservative playcalling that doesn't take advantage of your best offensive weapon.

The entire coaching staff should be sacked at season's end, Xanders fired, and a new staff brought in to rebuild the defense and retool the offense.

That was the plan anyway. At least as far as the staff on the field. :lol:

TXBRONC
12-19-2010, 10:03 PM
The coaching staff did the right thing by keeping the game plan simple for Tebow. Could Studesville and McCoy given Tim a little more to work with? You can't expect that they would have entire playbook opened to a rookie quarterback that hadn't any practice snaps with the starting offense for the first 10 to 12 weeks of the season.

I Eat Staples
12-19-2010, 10:05 PM
Playing conservative only works if you have a decent defense. Our defense has proven to be as bad as, if not worse than the 08 squad.

BroncoWave
12-19-2010, 10:05 PM
The coaching staff did the right thing by keeping the game plan simple for Tebow. Could Studesville and McCoy given Tim a little more to work with? You can't expect that they would have entire playbook opened to a rookie quarterback that hadn't any practice snaps with the starting offense for the first 10 to 12 weeks of the season.

Good lord. Not a single person (Other than jags maybe) is saying the entire playbook should have been opened up for him. Just a playcall other than running him right up the middle on 3rd down would have been nice from time to time.

Mike
12-19-2010, 10:07 PM

No, but when the other team is shutting your run game down completely and stuffing everything it is time to probably gear things a little more towards the passing game.

And note to Mike McCoy, don't try and run the ball when you are backed up inside your own 1 and the other team is eating your lunch. Most idiotic playcall I have seen in a while.

TXBRONC
12-19-2010, 10:16 PM
No, but when the other team is shutting your run game down completely and stuffing everything it is time to probably gear things a little more towards the passing game.

And note to Mike McCoy, don't try and run the ball when you are backed up inside your own 1 and the other team is eating your lunch. Most idiotic playcall I have seen in a while.

I didn't say we shouldn't have had a little more diversity. I just saying that I'm not surprised that they stuck with such a simple plan. I do agree that play inside our own one yard should have been different.

TXBRONC
12-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Good lord. Not a single person (Other than jags maybe) is saying the entire playbook should have been opened up for him. Just a playcall other than running him right up the middle on 3rd down would have been nice from time to time.

Where did I say you or anyone else was making that claim?

BroncoWave
12-19-2010, 10:18 PM
Where did I say you or anyone else was making that claim?

"You can't expect that they would have entire playbook opened to a rookie quarterback that hadn't any practice snaps with the starting offense for the first 10 to 12 weeks of the season."

TXBRONC
12-19-2010, 10:19 PM
"You can't expect that they would have entire playbook opened to a rookie quarterback that hadn't any practice snaps with the starting offense for the first 10 to 12 weeks of the season."

It wasn't direct at you pal.

Tned
12-19-2010, 10:32 PM

Surely Elway had bad info when he said that. I still can't believe they didn't have Tebow and/or Quinn taking at least some of the snaps.

BroncoWave
12-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Surely Elway had bad info when he said that. I still can't believe they didn't have Tebow and/or Quinn taking at least some of the snaps.

He had to have at least taken snaps to practice the goal line packages he played in. Might not have taken any snaps in the regular offensive package though.

sneakers
12-19-2010, 10:47 PM
First start ever.....let's throw it 40 times!

Tned
12-19-2010, 10:48 PM
He had to have at least taken snaps to practice the goal line packages he played in. Might not have taken any snaps in the regular offensive package though.

Seems wierd. I was always under the impression that what Elway described him doing (2/3 him, 1/3 Gary) was more along the line of what most teams did. If nothing else, just to make sure your backup is ready to step in in case of injury.

TXBRONC
12-19-2010, 10:57 PM
Seems wierd. I was always under the impression that what Elway described him doing (2/3 him, 1/3 Gary) was more along the line of what most teams did. If nothing else, just to make sure your backup is ready to step in in case of injury.

He did say that in his interview. When he that in conjunction with Tebow not getting snaps I was understanding him to mean that Tim wasn't getting snaps in regular offensive sets.

Tned
12-19-2010, 11:01 PM
He did say that in his interview. When he that in conjunction with Tebow not getting snaps I was understanding him to mean that Tim wasn't getting snaps in regular offensive sets.

I listened to the interview, and heard what he said, I just have trouble believing it.

Bosco
12-19-2010, 11:37 PM
That was honestly the worst play calling I have ever seen in my life, and I lived through alot of the Dan Reeves era. I formally take back anything I said about wanting to keep McCoy on staff for 2011.

I'd give anything to be face to face with and ask him what the **** he was thinking today.

Tned
12-19-2010, 11:39 PM
That was honestly the worst play calling I have ever seen in my life, and I lived through alot of the Dan Reeves era. I formally take back anything I said about wanting to keep McCoy on staff for 2011.

I'd give anything to be face to face with and ask him what the **** he was thinking today.

Yea, he seemed so afraid of having Tebow make a mistake, that he never gave him or the Broncos a chance to win.

Bosco
12-19-2010, 11:41 PM
Yea, he seemed so afraid of having Tebow make a mistake, that he never gave him or the Broncos a chance to win.

Hell, he did the same thing (although not to such an extreme) last week with Orton. I figured I would give him a pass since it was really his first game calling plays and Orton was banged up but damn, he actually got WORSE.

We took one of the better and more aggressive play callers in the game and replaced him with someone who makes Dom Capers old offenses look exciting. This really sucks.

Tned
12-19-2010, 11:43 PM
Hell, he did the same thing (although not to such an extreme) last week with Orton. I figured I would give him a pass since it was really his first game calling plays and Orton was banged up but damn, he actually got WORSE.

We took one of the better and more aggressive play callers in the game and replaced him with someone who makes Dom Capers old offenses look exciting. This really sucks.

Yep, a lot worse. It was hard to tell last week, because Orton was throwing so bad. Tebow actually looked pretty good on most of his throws. About half of his incompletes were throw aways or pressure heaves, and obviously the drop by ball. There were only a couple real bad throws.

sneakers
12-20-2010, 12:50 AM

Hey, we were winning at that point.....but then again if you dont care about he Broncos and only one player on the Broncos I could see your point.

JDL
12-20-2010, 02:52 AM
I swear fans have gotten such overinflated ideas of what Tebow can do at this stage of his career... the organization finally caves and gives the fans what they want... but they are still pissed because he isn't out there being superman flinging 40times a game giving the fans wet dreams of next season. Pleeeaaasseee... Tebow clearly didn't even know how to run a 2min drill, you really think he is ready for a full gameplan? That's just absurd. Like i've been saying if you want to evaluate anything other than Tebow's play and protect him from the fan's ridiculous scrutiny, let him play a few series a game ... you get to see him run the same plays, but you can actually evaluate and improve the OL play (with someone else in since there won't be 9 in the box overloading the LOS)

There is zip this kid is going to be able to do in this short span to prove one way or another whether he's the future... maybe fans are waiting for that Cutler wow moment that makes them drool, whatever, Tebow is a very raw pro QB prospect and you are far more likely to see a playing curve similar to Steve McNair, not that fans would tolerate what it took for him to become an MVP and the patience Fisher showed in him as he struggled to complete 60% of his passes typically. I just see so little patience or understanding from Broncos fans at this point, I wouldn't ever want to throw him out there training wheels off, because he'd be liable to throw 3 or 4INTs and have to deal with the constant chatter that he can't be a good QB.

At any rate, I find it wildly amusing that people thought and think he can somehow lift this team to a win...lmfao... he is a very raw rookie QB, christ... we've had pretty damn good QB play all year and won 3 games... what the D and all the other issues are suddenly be cured by Tebow stepping on the field? You kidding me?

:rolleyes: :tsk:

Broncos fans need to have a cool brew and shut the hell up about it while those left on this disastrous team try to finish the season without embarrassing the franchise any further... everyone played hard today, we saw a few good things, bravo, 2 more games to go.

topscribe
12-20-2010, 02:54 AM
Ironic, isn't it? Before, people were bitching about all the passing. Now,
there's too much running. There just isn't pleasing some people, it seems . . .

-----

BroncoStud
12-20-2010, 05:24 AM
I don't see anyone complaining about the lack of passing, I see people complaining about bad playcall. The last 2 posts are so indicative of what is WRONG with the culture of this coaching staff and team that it pretty much sums up what has happened since 2008 to this team.

Nobody in their right mind thinks Tebow should have thrown 40 passes today. But it is the job of Mike McCoy to call plays that the Raiders shouldn't know are coming and put the offense in the best position to win the game. He failed miserably to do so. Mike McCoy also failed to use Tebow's mobility and ability to throw on the run a la Mike Shanahan and his famous Jake Plummer bootlegs that the NFL couldn't stop for years.

There is a difference in being conservative and not trying to win the game. Mike McCoy called this game on the level of a small college or elite High School coach today. We shouldn't be surprised, McDaniels wasn't apt to keep coaches on the staff that could threaten his power so we are left with a bunch of yes-men who can't coach their way out of a wet paperbag. Eric STUDS should have been fired for the performance of the running backs all season yet here he is, the interim HC of the Denver Broncos.

If the FO wants to lose games to bolster draft status, great, I understand that. But if the team is actually playing to win, as STUDS is famous for saying "X gives us the best chance to WIN" then today's playcalling can be nothing short of horrible and predictable on both sides of the football.

We got rid of McD, good first step. Now we have to take out the rest of the trash and get the taint of this staff off of the remaining players.

TXBRONC
12-20-2010, 08:01 AM
I don't see anyone complaining about the lack of passing, I see people complaining about bad playcall. The last 2 posts are so indicative of what is WRONG with the culture of this coaching staff and team that it pretty much sums up what has happened since 2008 to this team.

Nobody in their right mind thinks Tebow should have thrown 40 passes today. But it is the job of Mike McCoy to call plays that the Raiders shouldn't know are coming and put the offense in the best position to win the game. He failed miserably to do so. Mike McCoy also failed to use Tebow's mobility and ability to throw on the run a la Mike Shanahan and his famous Jake Plummer bootlegs that the NFL couldn't stop for years.

There is a difference in being conservative and not trying to win the game. Mike McCoy called this game on the level of a small college or elite High School coach today. We shouldn't be surprised, McDaniels wasn't apt to keep coaches on the staff that could threaten his power so we are left with a bunch of yes-men who can't coach their way out of a wet paperbag. Eric STUDS should have been fired for the performance of the running backs all season yet here he is, the interim HC of the Denver Broncos.

If the FO wants to lose games to bolster draft status, great, I understand that. But if the team is actually playing to win, as STUDS is famous for saying "X gives us the best chance to WIN" then today's playcalling can be nothing short of horrible and predictable on both sides of the football.

We got rid of McD, good first step. Now we have to take out the rest of the trash and get the taint of this staff off of the remaining players.

I never expected that Tebow was going put up 40 passing attempts. I do understand that Studesville and McCoy were trying to protect him but I would have hard time believing that there wasn't other options in play calling that were available to him.

Juriga72
12-20-2010, 08:47 AM
I find it ironic that no one has said yet..."You can't blame THIS loss on Tebow".....Because thats what happened the last two months with "TQBWSRN".

I saw a Bronco team playing its collective heart out yesterday, granted they just suck right now...but by god the played the game. First time this year I knew that we had a punchers chance.

vandammage13
12-20-2010, 10:33 AM
Ironic, isn't it? Before, people were bitching about all the passing. Now,
there's too much running. There just isn't pleasing some people, it seems . . .

-----

There's nothing ironic about it...Nobody has once said that they wanted to see Tim flinging the ball 40+times.

The conservative gameplan was actually the right thing to do, but it's the playcalling within that plan that lacked and gave us little chance to win the game.

Instead of doing a QB draw every 3rd and long, I would like to have seen a screen pass or maybe a play action rollout with an easy run/pass option...

Running as much as they did was a good thing, because as a coach, you do want to protect your QB making his first start on the road in a hostile environment. Just a little more diversity in the types of plays that were called would have helped.

More rollout plays is definitely the type of play that I think would have helped Tim the most, and we didn't run those much (if at all). That type of play gives him an easy read to make for the pass, and if its not there he has the option to run or just throw it away. So again, I'm happy that they didn't have him dropping back and passing too much, but they could have been a little more diverse with the types of plays they ran.

Juriga72
12-20-2010, 11:55 AM
We were also 3-8 when Kyle threw it more than 30 times in a game.

I Eat Staples
12-20-2010, 12:14 PM
There's a fine medium between 16 and 40.

Juriga72
12-20-2010, 02:44 PM

Not in Denver there isnt....

LordTrychon
12-20-2010, 02:53 PM

But if we're anywhere above that lovely medium of 28... or below it... look out.

:laugh:

dogfish
12-20-2010, 03:23 PM
i'm pretty sure the gameplan was written in crayon. . .

no one expects tim to be peyton manning right off the bat, but i am one-thousand percent convinced he can handle more than what they gave him yesterday. . . the guy is raw, no doubt-- the transition from college to playing quarterback in the NFL is the most difficult in all of pro sports. . .

hwoever, the guy did play SEC ball for three years-- it's not like he's transitioning from college hockey to the NFL. . .

Jagsbch
12-20-2010, 03:59 PM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2010/09000d5d81d076cc_gallery_600.jpg

He played for 4 years and wound up with the NCAA Division 1A 4-year passer rating record as a result. Tebow can throw the ball Peyton Manning has nothing on Tim Tebow. Please stop comparing the too, Peyton is a chump.

In preseason he was at one point 12/13 167 yards and a TD, I think he has a better grasp of the scheme now.

Crayon is not the word I would use.

The Anti-Tebow campaign is alive and well. They took an offense that was throwing the ball twice and even three times as much and slammed the breaks on it, the scheme did more to shut Tebow down than the opponent..

KCL
12-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Tebow can throw the ball Peyton Manning has nothing on Tim Tebow. Please stop comparing the too, Peyton is a chump.

yeah right....:rolleyes:

I don't know if you actually wrote that or if you're quoting someone.

BTW-It's two

vandammage13
12-20-2010, 04:09 PM
He played for 4 years and wound up with the NCAA Division 1A 4-year passer rating record as a result. Tebow can throw the ball Peyton Manning has nothing on Tim Tebow. Please stop comparing the too, Peyton is a chump.

In preseason he was at one point 12/13 167 yards and a TD, I think he has a better grasp of the scheme now.

Crayon is not the word I would use.

The Anti-Tebow campaign is alive and well. They took an offense that was throwing the ball twice and even three times as much and slammed the breaks on it, the scheme did more to shut Tebow down than the opponent..

I'm a huge Tebow supporter and I think he's gonna be awesome, but lets hold off on the P.Manning comparisons for now. Manning's one of the best ever, and Tim's never going to be the passer that Manning is. Having said that, I think Tebow can reach Peyton's level of greatness, but it will be in a different way. To measure Tebow, you have to look at his production in passing att/rushing att, where in Manning it is solely based on his passing.

Combining Tebow's passing/rushing might get him to Manning's level of success, but Tebow will never be able to touch Manning on passing alone. That's just not who Tim is and he never will be.

Tned
12-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Tebow can throw the ball Peyton Manning has nothing on Tim Tebow. Please stop comparing the too, Peyton is a chump.

This is why you have garnered no respect around here. Statements like this are so ridiculous that ANY other statements you post are just discounted as well.

Jagsbch
12-20-2010, 05:03 PM
This is why you have garnered no respect around here. Statements like this are so ridiculous that ANY other statements you post are just discounted as well.

LMAO Clearly you have no idea what Tebow is capable of. All I know is that he out performed Peyton in college and I expect him to do the same in the NFL.

Peyton has owned the AFC South for how long now? And how many rings does he have to show for it? 1? Again Peyton is a chump, and when the heat is on it shows...

Respect is only as good as the person who gives it, and too see how I was treated by this fan base up to this point all I can say is... Oh never mind...

dogfish
12-20-2010, 05:05 PM
LMAO Clearly you have no idea what Tebow is capable of.

neither do you, jags. . . only david kircus really comprehends what tebow is capable of. . .

Jagsbch
12-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Make no mistake about it I do have an idea of what Tebow is capable of. He is capable of being the best QB to ever play this game at this level. Know and understand that.

That is what you get with Tebow, a bar set for your team where only the sky is the limit, but you can't accomplish fulfilling his potential with a bunch of chumps on the sideline.

Replacing McDaniels with Stupidville is a testament to just how much of a hurdle tebow is now forced to overcome as a result of the supity this fan base and this FO possess.

I mean how much more appropriate than a character like stupidville taking over the reigns from one of the greatest offensive minds to ever coach in this league.

He wasn't even given 2 years. This despite having to clean up the atrocious mess of shananigan the socalled legend. Stupid is as stupid does...

This is madness THIS IS STUPIDVILLE
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/michaelblanchette/300pit.jpg

topscribe
12-20-2010, 05:18 PM
LMAO Clearly you have no idea what Tebow is capable of. All I know is that he out performed Peyton in college and I expect him to do the same in the NFL.

Peyton has owned the AFC South for how long now? And how many rings does he have to show for it? 1? Again Peyton is a chump, and when the heat is on it shows...

Respect is only as good as the person who gives it, and too see how I was treated by this fan base up to this point all I can say is... Oh never mind...

You seem to have a lot of trouble discriminating between college and the NFL.
Most of us are waiting to see just what Tim is capable of in the pros. We
haven't seen it yet - although we got a little taste of it yesterday.

Tim's skill set can take him only so far, then he has to start developing the
factors that will take him to the next level, such as the art of checking
down, strengthening his performance to his right on the field, learning that
the run is usually the final option to the pass, sliding and going out of
bounds when he does run so he can have a future in the league - things
such as that.

Tim had a relatively easy time of it yesterday. It will get much tougher for
him as opponents gather more film on him. That is where the rubber meets
the road, as they say. That is when we will know much more about what
the Broncos have in him.

Until then, you don't know any more than the rest of us do . . .

-----

Tned
12-20-2010, 05:26 PM

No offense, but who has the gun to your head MAKING you continue to post?

As to the rest, thanks for making my earlier point.

vandammage13
12-20-2010, 05:32 PM

Danny Wuerffel also outperformed Peyton in college (4-0 vs. Peyton's Vols), but how did that work out for him in the NFL?

Cool it on the Tebow vs. Peyton talk....I think Tebow's gonna be great but he's got a long way before he can ever be mentioned in the same breath as Peyton Manning. Give Tim some time to prove it on the field before you make any more outlandish comments. What he did in college doesn't matter anymore. I believe he's gonna be a star, but he ain't there yet, there's still work for him to do to get to that point.

KCL
12-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Jags...your man crush on Tebow is a little creepy.It's one thing to post like someone who is a fan of his but you post like someone who is obsessed with him.

I Eat Staples
12-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Them liberals are slipping up huh Jags?

Tned
12-20-2010, 09:15 PM
Them liberals are slipping up huh Jags?

There has been warnings about keeping politics out of the Broncos Talk forum. The only place political talk is in the "Politics" forum.

Granted, the conspiracy theory posted was idiotic, but it's time to let it go. Anymore politics stuff will be deleted.

silkamilkamonico
12-20-2010, 09:16 PM
LMAO Clearly you have no idea what Tebow is capable of. .

Tebow is capable of completing 50% of his passes, and losing in the NFL. We do know that much right now.

Also, we were within a FG entering the 4th quarter and we had the ball, and Tebow just couldn't pull through. Hell, he couldn't even get a first down in 2 straight possessions. I'm already starting to wonder about this guy.

sneakers
12-20-2010, 11:03 PM

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1028/852429684_492a87bfd9.jpg

Jagsbch
12-21-2010, 05:49 AM
Granted, the conspiracy theory posted was idiotic .

Just as Idiotic as banning me for calling out Orton for the Joke that he is eh

TXBRONC
12-21-2010, 09:22 AM

No, I checked you were banned for not following moderator directives.

I Eat Staples
12-21-2010, 10:48 AM

Plenty of people have been anti-Orton, anti-McD, anti-whoever and never got banned for it. If you can't see the difference between someone expressing a negative opinion and your obvious trolling then its no wonder you got banned.

LTC Pain
12-21-2010, 03:14 PM
All I see is the Broncos are 0-1 with Tebow at QB. I know what some said about Orton being at the helm when the Broncos lost the season opener. Same should apply here.

Dreadnought
12-21-2010, 03:24 PM
All I see is the Broncos are 0-1 with Tebow at QB. I know what some said about Orton being at the helm when the Broncos lost the season opener. Same should apply here.

Absurd. September 4, 1983, John Elway debuted v. the Steelers. After going 1 for 8, for 14 yards and an INT he was benched in favor of the immortal Steve DeBerg, yet it seemed to work out OK for him. Rookie QB's should be graded entirely differently than Vets. Its why they should usually be sat down for their own good. You'll get the extremely rare case of Ben Roethlisberger, Dan Marino, or Greg Cook (yes, really. 1969 Bengals. Look him up) but usually you get suckitude, and thats to be expected.

He coaxed 23 points out of a mediocre offense and worse game plan. Good by me.

LTC Pain
12-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Absurd. September 4, 1983, John Elway debuted v. the Steelers. After going 1 for 8, for 14 yards and an INT he was benched in favor of the immortal Steve DeBerg, yet it seemed to work out OK for him. Rookie QB's should be graded entirely differently than Vets. Its why they should usually be sat down for their own good. You'll get the extremely rare case of Ben Roethlisberger, Dan Marino, or Greg Cook (yes, really. 1969 Bengals. Look him up) but usually you get suckitude, and thats to be expected.

My post was aimed at the thread originator Dread. Possibly I didn't display the sarcasm meter properly.

I'm all for playing Tebow and have no issue with his debut. Other than the OC not calling more pass plays. And, no, I don't want the Broncos to draft a QB in the 2011 draft.

FanInAZ
12-21-2010, 06:59 PM

You want the members of this site to apply the same standards to their favorite players that they show the players they don't like? Are you nuts?

FanInAZ
12-21-2010, 07:03 PM

How dare you beat me to the punch. I was think about making this same point about Elway's debut. I watched it, and he was even worst then his stat lines suggested. Just goes to show that you can't write off someone as a lost cause just because of a bad debut.

dogfish
12-21-2010, 07:13 PM

would you describe his performance as "tebowlicious?"

Dreadnought
12-21-2010, 07:15 PM
would you describe his performance as "tebowlicious?"

I suppose. I really like the kid, on a bunch of levels, but I am also going to try to avoid the pitfalls of obsessive deranged creepy fanboi status :D

Its a fine line to walk

TXBRONC
12-21-2010, 09:22 PM
How dare you beat me to the punch. I was think about making this same point about Elway's debut. I watched it, and he was even worst then his stat lines suggested. Just goes to show that you can't write off someone as a lost cause just because of a bad debut.

His second start wasn't any better than his first.

dogfish
12-22-2010, 12:04 AM
I suppose. I really like the kid, on a bunch of levels, but I am also going to try to avoid the pitfalls of obsessive deranged creepy fanboi status :D

Its a fine line to walk

dread, you have been veering dangerously close to jags territory recently. . .

i've been trying to figure out a polite way to bring it up. . .

Sinthor
12-24-2010, 05:51 PM
Yep, a lot worse. It was hard to tell last week, because Orton was throwing so bad. Tebow actually looked pretty good on most of his throws. About half of his incompletes were throw aways or pressure heaves, and obviously the drop by ball. There were only a couple real bad throws.

Yes, he did look pretty good. He really should have had at least two of those throws caught and that would have put him up into 63% completion ratio. FWIW. Wouldn't have affected his passer rating too much.