PDA

View Full Version : Defense

Ripit400
12-19-2010, 07:23 PM
NOT!! Refs sucked to

silkamilkamonico
12-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Terrible post.

Defense played well up until the coaching staff pinned the hopes of this game on them, and not letting the offense throw the ball.

This game was tied going into the 4th.

MileHiWildcat
12-19-2010, 07:25 PM
I'll say it yet again. Shanny was gone because the D sucked for years. McLoser pissed away 2 drafts that should have fixed the problems.

weazel
12-19-2010, 07:47 PM
I cant believe anyone would make excuses for this D... the Broncos haven't had a D in years and it is crazy that we continue to bring in players that just don't know how to tackle.

ChampWJ
12-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Defense played well up until the coaching staff pinned the hopes of this game on them, and not letting the offense throw the ball.

This game was tied going into the 4th.

-71 Yard TD on Oakland's first play, followed by big play after big play.
-At one point Oakland had 5 passing and 5 rushing plays 20+ yards.
-ZERO pass rush again
-Raiders first NFL team this year to run for over 200 yds in the first half.
-39 points allowed

But hey at least the defense only gave up 39 this time.

MileHiWildcat
12-19-2010, 10:16 PM
They played Defense today ?

horsepig
12-19-2010, 10:25 PM
Name one player that hurts this defense. Who is it? Goodman is servicable, the DK plays lights out for 3-4 plays and disappears.

It's the LBs. DJ needs to find a new line of work, IMO.

Clipworthy
12-19-2010, 10:33 PM
Name one player that hurts this defense. Who is it? Goodman is servicable, the DK plays lights out for 3-4 plays and disappears.

It's the LBs. DJ needs to find a new line of work, IMO.

DJ does a lot... its ayers becoming a bust and not having dumervil

Mays shows a lot of promise at the #2 mlb, a hard-hitting run support MLB

silkamilkamonico
12-19-2010, 10:55 PM
-71 Yard TD on Oakland's first play, followed by big play after big play.
-At one point Oakland had 5 passing and 5 rushing plays 20+ yards.
-ZERO pass rush again
-Raiders first NFL team this year to run for over 200 yds in the first half.
-39 points allowed

But hey at least the defense only gave up 39 this time.

No. It was 23-20 at the start of the 4th quarter and Denver had the ball.

I don't know what game you were watching, or how well you know these Denver Broncos, but everyone in that entire stadium knew we weren't that game with defense yet we were still in it.

Yet still, the inept coaching staff goes through the next 2 Denver Broncos possessions (after the defense forced a punt on BOTH) without even attempting a pass, and that's with your golden boy sitting over on the sideline nursing his glass gina, again. It's not rocket science.

ChampWJ
12-19-2010, 11:01 PM
I don't know what game you were watching, or how well you know these Denver Broncos

and that's with your golden boy sitting over on the sideline nursing his glass gina, again. It's not rocket science.

Really? :rolleyes:

silkamilkamonico
12-19-2010, 11:08 PM
Really? :rolleyes:

Apparently you weren't watching the game. Anyone who was knows the coaching is what lost it for us.

ChampWJ
12-19-2010, 11:19 PM
Apparently you weren't watching the game. Anyone who was knows the coaching is what lost it for us.

Sure the coaching played a role. It always does. However, Conservative play calling and ball control offense has won many games in the NFL. Some very successful coaches have made careers off that formula. It doesn't work when you have a defense that's last in the NFL in points allowed. Today was no improvement.

You say the defense was doing well to keep the game close going into the 4th quarter. I say the defense was lucky they got 2 gift turnovers that saved points. They were punished by big (stoppable) plays throughout the ENTIRE game and rarely did anything disruptive.