http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_16895359?source=rss

this is a must read

Juriga72
12-19-2010, 01:33 PM
Nothing new..... "Orton is not a leader"

we got that already

Northman
12-19-2010, 01:34 PM
Lmao, if that shit is true McD is a bigger dumbass than i thought. Omazing. Im so glad that guy is gone.

spikerman
12-19-2010, 01:37 PM
If this is true, it certainly explains some of the moves McDaniels made that left us all :confused:

Tned
Interesting read. Another thing Paige points out is that McDaniels admitted that he had not gotten to know Cutler enough to know whether he would work in his offense prior to the whole Cassel blow up.

Some posters 'theorized' that McDaniels and Cutler had sit downs where McDaniels determined he was not capable of running his offense, or some hogwash like that.

Sinthor
Wow. Mind blowing to me. I mean, not making him the starter, I can understand...but for what we paid for him, etc. just jettisoning him? I could see Orton as a competent backup for Tebow. He'd be a GREAT backup QB, actually. Wow, if this is true, combined with everything else that keeps coming out now, it's very obvious that McDaniels wasn't mature enough to be ready for all of this. Unbelievable.

Northman
12-19-2010, 01:41 PM
Interesting read. Another thing Paige points out is that McDaniels admitted that he had not gotten to know Cutler enough to know whether he would work in his offense prior to the whole Cassel blow up.

Some posters 'theorized' that McDaniels and Cutler had sit downs where McDaniels determined he was not capable of running his offense, or some hogwash like that.

Yeeeeep.

And think about it. If McD got all pissy about Orton not practicing at camp it explains a lot that Hillis wasnt to blame for his departure either. There's a lot of crow being served right now.

BORDERLINE
12-19-2010, 01:45 PM
"However, after being strongly urged to delay trading Orton, McDaniels agreed — reluctantly.

He would wait, and he would see, and he would still want to do a deal that would cause another firestorm in Denver." - Woddy Paige

Trading Orton would have caused a firestorm in Denver????? uhhhh no I don't believe this to be true..It would signal Tebow or Quinn where gonna run the show and we would have gotten a 3rd or 4th for orton.

Dirk
12-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Wow. What I get out of the article is that Tebow could have a full season under his belt if someone didn't talk McD out of trading Orton.

Who knows where that would have gotten us. Maybe a couple more wins maybe no wins. But a full season of "learning" on the field was missed out on.

Orton played very well most of the season but as many of us will admit, wasn't a QB that could raise the players around him to play better when the game was on the line.

Let's hope that Tebow is as good as we all hope he can be.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-19-2010, 01:47 PM
Wow. What I get out of the article is that Tebow could have a full season under his belt if someone didn't talk McD out of trading Orton.

Who knows where that would have gotten us. Maybe a couple more wins maybe no wins. But a full season of "learning" on the field was missed out on.

Orton played very well most of the season but as many of us will admit, wasn't a QB that could raise the players around him to play better when the game was on the line.

Let's hope that Tebow is as good as we all hope he can be.

Yep. A whole season with Tebow under center would've been nice. Then I could accept 3-10 and the whole "rebuilding" excuse.

horsepig
12-19-2010, 01:52 PM
Makes McD look like a teenager.

Northman
12-19-2010, 01:53 PM
"However, after being strongly urged to delay trading Orton, McDaniels agreed — reluctantly.

He would wait, and he would see, and he would still want to do a deal that would cause another firestorm in Denver." - Woddy Paige

Trading Orton would have caused a firestorm in Denver????? uhhhh no I don't believe this to be true..It would signal Tebow or Quinn where gonna run the show and we would have gotten a 3rd or 4th for orton.

It also would of signaled a TRUE rebuild to what some were claiming he was doing.

Dirk
12-19-2010, 01:55 PM
Makes McD look like a teenager.

I wouldn't go that far.

I mean, the FO probably said something like, "You sent one starting QB packing a year ago, you aren't doing it again".

What choice did he have? No excuses for McD....just another bad move by the FO. Obviously McD knew what he had in Orton and wanted to go in a different direction at QB.

horsepig
12-19-2010, 01:55 PM
McD never did realize how ******* big the monster he tackled was. From the franchise's reputation to dealing day to day with people he never saw it. Apparently any of it.

broncobryce
12-19-2010, 02:23 PM
Wow. Mind blowing to me. I mean, not making him the starter, I can understand...but for what we paid for him, etc. just jettisoning him? I could see Orton as a competent backup for Tebow. He'd be a GREAT backup QB, actually. Wow, if this is true, combined with everything else that keeps coming out now, it's very obvious that McDaniels wasn't mature enough to be ready for all of this. Unbelievable.

Orton was a throw in in the Cutler trade. We paid jack shit for him.

chazoe60
12-19-2010, 02:26 PM
I wish he would have, that's all I will say.

NightTrainLayne
12-19-2010, 02:33 PM
What a comedy of errors.

One thing I liked about McD was his confidence in "his plan" and that he would do just about anything necessary to implement what he thought was the best direction to go, damn the media or fans opinions.

Problem is the Front Office gave him way too much rope during that first 18 months and then got scared. Finally, they put their foot down when he wanted to go with Tebow over Orton. .. You have to wonder whether or not the FO screwed up with both of those decisions. . .shouldn't have given McD so much rope, but proabably shouldn't have pulled him up short on that particular decision either. .. we've wasted a whole year here with nothing to show for it.

MadMax
12-19-2010, 02:36 PM
But, when McDaniels' conversation was revealed publicly, Cutler — who, honestly, is somewhat of a jerk —

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tned
12-19-2010, 02:40 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There was never much question over whether or not Cutler was a joke, it was only whether McDaniels was a genius or idiot.

claymore
12-19-2010, 03:04 PM
Glad McD wasnt able to start Tebow. He might have rotted here another year. :harf:

TXBRONC
12-19-2010, 03:29 PM
If it's true that he didn't get know Cutler that wouldn't be a surprise and as it was point out earlier it's shoots in the ass the concocted theory that McDaniel sat down with Jay determined we wasn't smart enough to run his offense.

Juriga72
12-19-2010, 03:35 PM
What a comedy of errors.

One thing I liked about McD was his confidence in "his plan" and that he would do just about anything necessary to implement what he thought was the best direction to go, damn the media or fans opinions.

Problem is the Front Office gave him way too much rope during that first 18 months and then got scared. Finally, they put their foot down when he wanted to go with Tebow over Orton. .. You have to wonder whether or not the FO screwed up with both of those decisions. . .shouldn't have given McD so much rope, but proabably shouldn't have pulled him up short on that particular decision either. .. we've wasted a whole year here with nothing to show for it.

AND..if...IF Tebow is not the next "guy"... We are set back how many more years?

Either way, more damning info could not happen at a worse time.

Tned
12-19-2010, 03:37 PM
If it's true that he didn't get know Cutler that wouldn't be a surprise and as it was point out earlier it's shoots in the ass the concocted theory that McDaniel sat down with Jay determined we wasn't smart enough to run his offense.

Well that was just a "pull it out of your ass" statement by a forum poster.

ydave77
12-19-2010, 03:41 PM
In all honesty, trading Orton probably would have been better for the Broncs long term, than what actually happened.

McD may have been horrific at pretty much everything else, but I still believe he was a great QB coach. If we had Tebow starting this yr, he would have been able to learn a good deal with McD, instead of McD focusing on Orton. At the end of the day, nothing was gained by starting Orton, we didnt win games, make the playoffs, and Ortons last 2 games have destroyed his trade value.

jhildebrand
12-19-2010, 04:01 PM
McDaniels would still be coach had he stuck to his guns and played Tebow. He would have gotten all of next year at a minimum.

I would have been much less vocal had we seen Tebow sooner rather than later.

Superchop 7
12-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Josh McDaniels is a Power-Hungry, Ego-Tripping Circus Clown

(My favorite quote......and spot on)

Juriga72
12-19-2010, 04:26 PM
McDaniels would still be coach had he stuck to his guns and played Tebow. He would have gotten all of next year at a minimum.

I would have been much less vocal had we seen Tebow sooner rather than later.

This^....sadly, we would still be Josh-ing........... Of course Losing 11 straight games we would be like......THIS week... no THIS week.... no THIS week.

Oh wait we did that all this year.

tomjonesrocks
12-19-2010, 05:21 PM
I just read this, but am unsure why. Who cares what things McD wanted to do and didn't accomplish.

He is/was the worst Bronco ever and now the worthless POS is gone. No point looking back now.

Elevation inc
12-19-2010, 06:01 PM
i think we now know why MCD wanted to dump orton and just go with tebow.....lol

DenBronx
12-19-2010, 06:35 PM
I wonder how many Ortonites/Anti-Cutlergang have refused to read this thread?

bcbronc
12-19-2010, 07:21 PM
so McD wanted to trade Orton, then went with him as a starter, then extended him (he made all the personal decisions), then wouldn't play Tebow when the season was completely down the toilet despite it "costing" him his job? sure, whatever...dark days in Denver nation. :tsk:

weazel
12-19-2010, 07:55 PM
it will take a few years to rebuild from hurricane Josh...

rcsodak
12-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Who said cutler wasn't" smart enough"?

TXBRONC
12-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Who said cutler wasn't" smart enough"?

Jr did.

BCJ
12-19-2010, 08:54 PM

Some fans didnt want Tebow to begin with so placing him (or the terrible Quinn) as the starter right off the bat would turn heads. Is there hope for Tebow? Sure there is but I think the slow, baby steps was perfect for Tim.