PDA

View Full Version : Champ Bailey has spoiled us....

PAINTERDAVE
12-17-2010, 07:38 PM
The dude has been an over the top great CB for us.
We have been spoiled by his greatness.
Once he is gone we will be forced to remember
what having an average secondary is like.

Just heard Champ interviewed on 87.7

He said Tebow has taken most of the reps this week.
Said Tebow looked good.
Actually used the word "Smooth" about him in the next sentance.
Said he is strong. "Nothing but a winner" he said exactly.

Said he wants to play with TT THIS YEAR.
Said he would also like to play with TT NEXT YEAR.

Acknowledged he has thought about what if he ends up with another team.
Said he gives it his all each week no matter what.

Laughed at the idea that Arizona could have snuck that fakefield goal TD in on his side of the field.
They ran to the other side away from Champ.

Dude is a class act... with plenty to teach the young guys we draft on defense next season...
and re-teach those we sign.

He is a leader... he is one of the best to ever play the game...
He's got plenty of gas left in the tank...
He will be able to seamlessly transition to safety.

SIGN THE MAN!

Tned-Mobile
12-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Champ, Elway, Shanahan, Bowlen... There are a lot of people over the last 25 years that have helped spoil us.

Champ is a class act and still one of the top CBs in the game. I sure how we resign him, including using him at safety later in his career.

Northman
12-17-2010, 07:52 PM
Champ is a great guy and a class act. I would love for him to finish his career as a Bronco and maybe even move to safety to prolong his career.

However, since he's been here our pass defense has not only been average its been pretty bad aside from 3 years.

2010- 19th
2009- 3rd
2008- 26th
2007- 7th
2006- 21st
2005- 29th
2004- 6th

He's done well in his position but lets not make it like we could stop the world with our secondary.

PAINTERDAVE
12-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Champ is a great guy and a class act. I would love for him to finish his career as a Bronco and maybe even move to safety to prolong his career.

However, since he's been here our pass defense has not only been average its been pretty bad aside from 3 years.

2010- 19th
2009- 3rd
2008- 26th
2007- 7th
2006- 21st
2005- 29th
2004- 6th

He's done well in his position but lets not make it like we could stop the world with our secondary.

Imagine how bad we would have been if he had not been here?

Northman
12-17-2010, 07:57 PM

Probably not that much worse honestly. It wasnt like Champ was a one man wrecking crew out there.

SoCalImport
12-17-2010, 08:07 PM
I think Champ has been misused an awful lot over the seasons. For a guy that excells in press coverage he's been told to play 10 yards off his man what seems like more often than not.

I would like to high five PAINTERDAVEs post more than once because (imho) it's a fact.

Champ has been the most consistently avoided DB for basically his entire career. And that, friends, is becuase he's the best.

broncofaninfla
12-17-2010, 08:12 PM
He is one of the very few bright spots on the team this season. We need to keep champ.

Montana Battlin Bear
12-17-2010, 09:19 PM
I really believe that if Tebow comes in and becomes one of the elite quarterbacks in the league, it will be as good if not better than John Elway for the city of Denver. I really have no idea how Tebow won't be amazing, nothing is impossible through hard work and ive never seen one person work harder than this kid. He is the PERFECT role model for any young boy hoping to be something in football. keep your eyes open we could really begin to watch something special take place

Lonestar
12-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Just think how good that pass d might have been with a good dline.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

I Eat Staples
12-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Champ Bailey is the best CB in NFL history, plain and simple. But his best days are far behind him, and at this point I would not pay a whole lot for him.

I Eat Staples
12-17-2010, 10:55 PM
I really believe that if Tebow comes in and becomes one of the elite quarterbacks in the league, it will be as good if not better than John Elway for the city of Denver. I really have no idea how Tebow won't be amazing, nothing is impossible through hard work and ive never seen one person work harder than this kid. He is the PERFECT role model for any young boy hoping to be something in football. keep your eyes open we could really begin to watch something special take place

That has nothing to do with Champ Bailey but okay.

And I've explained in several threads how he might not be amazing.

Medford Bronco
12-17-2010, 10:57 PM

32nd
32nd

etc. :lol:

Medford Bronco
12-17-2010, 10:58 PM
Just think how good that pass d might have been with a good dline.

One of the smartest posts on this board. That is what is needed. A great D line. Deion Sanders had that in Dallas. Mel Blount and Rod Woodson in Pitt. Mike Haynes and Lester Hayes in Oak. etc.

claymore
12-17-2010, 11:20 PM
Probably not that much worse honestly. It wasnt like Champ was a one man wrecking crew out there.

It was pretty easy game planning around champ. All they had to do was target the other 10 players on defense.

He was a false security blanket. I never saw the sense in having one GREAT CB, when the rest of the DEF was sub par.

BeefStew25
12-17-2010, 11:29 PM
I like how his nose and chin look. Like a cheetah almost.

Northman
12-17-2010, 11:29 PM
It was pretty easy game planning around champ. All they had to do was target the other 10 players on defense.

He was a false security blanket. I never saw the sense in having one GREAT CB, when the rest of the DEF was sub par.

Well, i never had a problem with getting Champ. At the time we needed a guy like him over a RB who did well in a system (Although Portis was better than most backs we had/have). But, like you said we never followed through with doing the other things on defense that needed to be done, ala Dline. So as we can see while Champ has done a great job on his side of the field it never stopped teams from passing at will on us and scoring on us at will. Until we actually start to address the REAL problem this will always be our anchor that sinks us.

claymore
12-17-2010, 11:47 PM
I like how his nose and chin look. Like a cheetah almost.
His head looks like he did steroids, but the rest of his body doesnt.

Well, i never had a problem with getting Champ. At the time we needed a guy like him over a RB who did well in a system (Although Portis was better than most backs we had/have). But, like you said we never followed through with doing the other things on defense that needed to be done, ala Dline. So as we can see while Champ has done a great job on his side of the field it never stopped teams from passing at will on us and scoring on us at will. Until we actually start to address the REAL problem this will always be our anchor that sinks us.

Hindsight I think we would have done better with Portis. He was loud, but he could have been one of the best in this system.
You can take champ out of the game fairly easy, but you couldnt take portis out.

BeefStew25
12-17-2010, 11:49 PM
I like Champ. I bet he likes our next defensive coordinator.

Dzone
12-18-2010, 12:19 AM
portis liked to dress up like a clown...that was cool

BeefStew25
12-18-2010, 12:19 AM
portis liked to dress up like a clown...that was cool

Dzone tell us about yourself.

Elevation inc
12-18-2010, 02:56 AM

2010- 19th
2009- 3rd
2008- 26th
2007- 7th
2006- 21st
2005- 29th
2004- 6th

blame the safties, and roc alexander, lenny walls, nate jones, dre bly etc,,,,,our seocndary sucked becasue of poor personnel decisions by HC's.....champ is not even close to the reason for that, without him you would have seen a 32nd rank every year above......

Canmore
12-18-2010, 03:00 AM
Champ Bailey is the best CB in NFL history, plain and simple. But his best days are far behind him, and at this point I would not pay a whole lot for him.

He sure shut out Bowe.

In-com-plete
12-18-2010, 07:52 AM
It's crazy how people downplay Champs ability and importance to this team.

Implying or even saying he's not been that important, good, or helped this team over the years is crazy. No, it's stupid!

Champ may be the best player to wear the Bronco uniform. Top 3 for sure.

And it's gonna be a sad sad day when he signs somewhere else in Feb/March.

But I won't blame him. Our D will get another coordinator and it'll be atleast 2 years before we might contend again. Which is exactly why he wanted out of DC.