PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Reasons We Hire Kubiak If He Becomes Available......

WARHORSE
12-17-2010, 03:27 PM
This is intriguing to me for a number of reasons.

:coffee:

Number one, he will be a better HC here than he was there. Experience does wonders for a man. (ask me about a girl I knew named Carly Koch, and you'll quickly understand)
And one thing about making bad decisions in a position of HC (or any other explorative ventures)....sometimes you realize it.....but its done. Kubes will have a shot to start over.

Two, I gotta say Kubiak runs an offense better suited to Tim Tebows gifts, whether Tebow realizes it or not. A mobile, strong armed QB like Tebow who is a threat at first down on every single play will thrive in this offense if he proves he belongs in the NFL, which I think he will. This is not Matt Schaub, who is a great passer, but also fragile. Tebow can make the throws, and hes a GENERAL on the field.

Three, Dennison will in all likelihood come along as OC. Yay. Hes done well playcalling in Tejas.

Four, what belongs in Denver, stays in Denver......the ZONE BLOCKING SYSTEM.

Five, redundant to number two, play action and bootlegs. This will help the offense, not to mention we have some WRs that will block and threaten the long ball.

Six, Kubiak will hit the ground running because hes so familiar with Denver already.

Seven, think Kubes is going to draft defense? Yeah baby.

Eight, the ZBS and the offense would do wonders for Moreno. Hes almost perfect for it. Can catch OTB, he blocks, he runs hard inside and out and will be taught to one cut and downhill.

Nine, the TE will be once again an integral part of our passing/running offense.

Ten.1, Kubiak sound like Kodiak........and I like Kodiak grizzlies cause theyre mean.:salute: Makes for a great rap song about us, huh?

"......dont mess wit us, we runnin wit da zone attack... a touchdowns gonna bring you a free owned Big Mac. We rockin, yeah, head knockin wit coach Kubiak...hes tearin up da league like a KODIAK. (see that? KODIAK....its perfect. All kinds of stuff you can do wit dat)

Ten.2, Did you know he knows JOHN ELWAY????????? Sold right there.:salute:

Ten.3, He wont be drafting for us cause we'll have a real GM in to help him..............Jim Goodman? Xman?

Discusssssss.............but dont be a hater? Is that possible? :beer:

DallasChief
12-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Nobody is better at being mediocre.

Ravage!!!
12-17-2010, 03:30 PM
I feel the same way about Kubiak as I do Shanahan. Rehashed just doesn't work. I was/am a big Shanahan fan as well, but don't think it would be a good idea to bring him back if he was available. Kubiak looked good when he was an OC under Mike. Hasn't done anything since, and that was basically building a team in Houston. Right now, we are MAJORLY building a team. Not the right guy.

tomjonesrocks
12-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Would welcome it--think it would be a softer landing to the team's freefall than many names I have heard. Also agree with the "second time could be a charm" thought process. Am surprised Kubiak hasn't managed to take the Texans who often have had plenty of talent to the playoffs but think he is a decent HC regardless.

Bowlen did say he wants to get back to "Broncos Football" -- though I don't feel the team necessarily has a signature style of play am assuming Kubiak might give the best facsimile of whatever that is.

Still think Gruden is the top choice but Gruden in Denver is a pipe dream.

WARHORSE
12-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Would welcome it--think it would be a softer landing to the team's freefall than many names I have heard. Also agree with the "second time could be a charm" thought process. Am surprised Kubiak hasn't managed to take the Texans who often have had plenty of talent to the playoffs but think he is a decent HC regardless.

Still think Gruden is the top choice but Gruden in Denver is a pipe dream.

Gruden is a master in his own mind. No thanks.

He rubs players in a bad way......cant help himself.

Rocky Mountain Chucky would not do well here imo.

Besides, he would keep Orton, Tebow, Quinn, draft Luck and then bring Brandstater back.

And probably give a shout out to see the availability of Rodney Peete and Bubby Brister. :D

No thanks.:coffee:

Northman
12-17-2010, 03:44 PM
I wouldnt be against it and i think you do have a point about him learning from his time in Houston. However, i dont think he will have 7 years to try and make the playoffs. The leash will still be short in my opinion.

SR
12-17-2010, 03:46 PM
I think hiring Kubiak would be a horrible idea.

silkamilkamonico
12-17-2010, 03:51 PM
I slo think hiring Kubiack as HC is a horrible idea as well.

I Eat Staples
12-17-2010, 03:54 PM
I'll pass.

I'd rather him than Gruden, though.

tomjonesrocks
12-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Besides, he would keep Orton, Tebow, Quinn, draft Luck and then bring Brandstater back

Pretty funny...he did have a steaming pile of QBs at the end of his run in Tampa...

silkamilkamonico
12-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Pretty funny...he did have a steaming pile of QBs at the end of his run in Tampa...

Ys. Certainly not to his own choosing though, that's for sure.

SR
12-17-2010, 03:58 PM
I'd rather have Cowher, Jim Mora, Brian Billick, or Tony Dungy. Dungy and Tebow would connect well...they're both hardcore Bible thumpers.

I Eat Staples
12-17-2010, 03:59 PM
I'd rather have Cowher, Jim Mora, Brian Billick, or Tony Dungy.

No chance at getting them, but I agree. Except for Jim Mora.

If we hired Cowher I'd have a boner for a year.

T.K.O.
12-17-2010, 04:05 PM

your supposed to see a doctor after 4 hrs:tsk:

Juriga72
12-17-2010, 04:15 PM
How about Kubes for OC
AND...wait for it....wait...for it...Chico Rivera for HC.

Please tell me the guy cant coach defenses.... Lets see. Chicgao Super Bowl and got fired that day...how many playoff wins since then?

bcbronc
12-17-2010, 04:44 PM
imo people need to let go of the zone blocking system. It's outdated versus today's 3-4 defenses.

most offenses have incorporated some elements of the ZBS into their run game. But there's a reason why no pure ZBS offense has made the Superbowl in a while.

my theory is the ZBS works better vs 4-3 defenses, easier to cut the backside and to get position against big, slow lineman. Now you have 4 linebackers starting off the LOS, making them harder to cut. throw in the speed/size of these linebackers, and it's just not as effective a system at the moment.

BroncoWave
12-17-2010, 06:03 PM
your supposed to see a doctor after 4 hrs:tsk:

No, after 4 hours you call more ladies. :D

(High-five to anyone who gets that movie reference)

Dzone
12-17-2010, 06:10 PM
Only if we cant get Jim Harbaugh.

Lancane
12-17-2010, 06:16 PM
No, after 4 hours you call more ladies. :D

(High-five to anyone who gets that movie reference)

That would be Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story ;)

rcsodak
12-17-2010, 06:26 PM
I think hiring Kubiak would be a horrible idea.

why

dogfish
12-17-2010, 06:31 PM
imo people need to let go of the zone blocking system. It's outdated versus today's 3-4 defenses.

someone must have forgotten to send arian foster the memo. . .

17 - 106 vs. dallas
27 - 127 vs. san diego
20 - 100 vs. baltimore

rcsodak
12-17-2010, 06:33 PM
I'd rather have Cowher, Jim Mora, Brian Billick, or Tony Dungy. Dungy and Tebow would connect well...they're both hardcore Bible thumpers.

Chin-Why? Who's to say he's really over being 'burned out'? And name a HC who's won a SB with different teams.

Mora-Why? Cuz of his spectacular resume? :rolleyes:

Billick-Why? Cuz his offensive genius did such wonders for the Ravens?

Dungy-RETIRED AND NOT COMING BACK!

Kubes is a no-brainer. Have said it before. IF he's canned, he'll be Mr B's 1st choice. Bank on it. Regardless of his record, he HAS rebuilt that team and got them into prominence. He can't help it he's in the same division as PManning.
As for Dennison, I could see Houston keeping him. Look at what he's done for their running game alone. Either they'd keep him as HC or decide to go with a big name ex-coach of their own. Cowher prolly makes more sense there than he does in Denver....

rcsodak
12-17-2010, 06:34 PM
How about Kubes for OC
AND...wait for it....wait...for it...Chico Rivera for HC.

Please tell me the guy cant coach defenses.... Lets see. Chicgao Super Bowl and got fired that day...how many playoff wins since then?

1?:confused:

rcsodak
12-17-2010, 06:36 PM
someone must have forgotten to send arian foster the memo. . .

17 - 106 vs. dallas
27 - 127 vs. san diego
20 - 100 vs. baltimore

Hillis has more yard, though, and he runs a power scheme

silkamilkamonico
12-17-2010, 06:37 PM
ZBS isn't a bad offense, it's an effective scheme, but you still need a competent HC to be successful it, which Gary Kubiack is not.

rcsodak
12-17-2010, 06:51 PM
ZBS isn't a bad offense, it's an effective scheme, but you still need a competent HC to be successful it, which Gary Kubiack is not.

GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!

How many years was EVERYBODY saying that the ZBS needed to be replaced because of the lack of short yardage/red zone success?!?!?

Ya'll have memories like donkeys? *no pun intended* ;)

silkamilkamonico
12-17-2010, 06:53 PM
GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!

How many years was EVERYBODY saying that the ZBS needed to be replaced because of the lack of short yardage/red zone success?!?!?

Ya'll have memories like donkeys? *no pun intended* ;)

Short yardage/red zone success has not been an issue at all with Houston, nor was it an issue when Denver had Mike Bell running the ball. Are you arguing for, or against, the ZBS?

Lancane
12-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Word out of Houston is that Robert McNair still wants Kubiak to remain the Head Coach of the Texans and finish out his contract with the organization, but will insist a change at the Defensive Coordinator position which is currently held by Frank Bush. The favorite for the position is Wade Phillips, and if Kubiak does remain and they do hire Phillips, then it means one more team likely to convert to a 3-4 defense.

As far as I am concerned, I hope Kubiak does keep his position in Houston...we need a new direction, we need to establish that we can go beyond the Walsh-Seifert coaching tree and be successful. Otherwise it was pointless to fire Shanahan in the first place, and not to mention that Kubiak will be measured up to Shanahan, especially since Kubiak is his protege and that could cause a bigger mess for the front office if the attempt fails.

dogfish
12-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Hillis has more yard, though, and he runs a power scheme

what's your point?

Bosco
12-17-2010, 07:49 PM
As far as I am concerned, I hope Kubiak does keep his position in Houston...we need a new direction, we need to establish that we can go beyond the Walsh-Seifert coaching tree and be successful.

Truer words were never spoken.

dogfish
12-17-2010, 08:12 PM
i can't understand why you're so opposed to the west coast offense. . .

:confused:

the offenses in philly and houston are performing just fine. . . schemes are so hybridized today anyway-- everybody uses elements of everyone else's schemes. . . philosophy is something different-- shanahan runs far more out of a WCO base than andy reid would ever dream of-- but IMO, scheme is vastly less important than having the right talent. . .

i also don't necessarily see why our existing talent is that unsuited for a WCO. . . the O-line is young and versatile, and moreno fits at least as well in a ZBS/WCO as he does in any type of spread or power scheme. . . lloyd obviously does fit better in a vertical attack, but royal had his best season in the WCO, and thomas and decker both have the size and RAC ability to work in the west coast. . . our TEs and the rest of our RBs mostly blow regardless of scheme. . .

which leaves QBs. . . orton clearly is most comfortable in the spread, but how much longer is he even going to be here? he's not a guy you plan around. . .

tebow obviously comes from a spread system, but i wouldn't hire my next OC just based on what's best for tim, either-- although briging someone in who can develop him does warrant more consideration than orton. . .

atwater27
12-17-2010, 08:16 PM

Cowher would be the MAN here. Fierce, proven and defensive minded.

Lonestar
12-17-2010, 08:26 PM
This is intriguing to me for a number of reasons.

Number one, he will be a better HC here than he was there. Experience does wonders for a man. (ask me about a girl I knew named Carly Koch, and you'll quickly understand)
And one thing about making bad decisions in a position of HC (or any other explorative ventures)....sometimes you realize it.....but its done. Kubes will have a shot to start over.

Two, I gotta say Kubiak runs an offense better suited to Tim Tebows gifts, whether Tebow realizes it or not. A mobile, strong armed QB like Tebow who is a threat at first down on every single play will thrive in this offense if he proves he belongs in the NFL, which I think he will. This is not Matt Schaub, who is a great passer, but also fragile. Tebow can make the throws, and hes a GENERAL on the field.

Three, Dennison will in all likelihood come along as OC. Yay. Hes done well playcalling in Tejas.

Four, what belongs in Denver, stays in Denver......the ZONE BLOCKING SYSTEM.

Five, redundant to number two, play action and bootlegs. This will help the offense, not to mention we have some WRs that will block and threaten the long ball.

Six, Kubiak will hit the ground running because hes so familiar with Denver already.

Seven, think Kubes is going to draft defense? Yeah baby.

Eight, the ZBS and the offense would do wonders for Moreno. Hes almost perfect for it. Can catch OTB, he blocks, he runs hard inside and out and will be taught to one cut and downhill.

Nine, the TE will be once again an integral part of our passing/running offense.

Ten.1, Kubiak sound like Kodiak........and I like Kodiak grizzlies cause theyre mean.:salute: Makes for a great rap song about us, huh?

"......dont mess wit us, we runnin wit da zone attack... a touchdowns gonna bring you a free owned Big Mac. We rockin, yeah, head knockin wit coach Kubiak...hes tearin up da league like a KODIAK. (see that? KODIAK....its perfect. All kinds of stuff you can do wit dat)

Ten.2, Did you know he knows JOHN ELWAY????????? Sold right there.:salute:

Ten.3, He wont be drafting for us cause we'll have a real GM in to help him..............Jim Goodman? Xman?

Discusssssss.............but dont be a hater? Is that possible? :beer:

Normally I agree with you 100% but in this case I have to say your 250% wrong.

None of those things have won a playoff game in a decade or more.

Would in the world would you want it again.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Bosco
12-17-2010, 08:29 PM
i can't understand why you're so opposed to the west coast offense. . .

:confused: I'm simply of the opinion that it is a tired old offensive system that is getting to the point of becoming obsolete in the current pass happy NFL. Any of the other three major offensive systems would be better options for what we have in personnel here. I'd much rather we keep with the cutting edge developments rather than rehashing old offenses.

the offenses in philly and houston are performing just fine. . . schemes are so hybridized today anyway-- everybody uses elements of everyone else's schemes. . . philosophy is something different-- shanahan runs far more out of a WCO base than andy reid would ever dream of-- but IMO, scheme is vastly less important than having the right talent. . . I'd actually be ok with Philly's offense. It's actually closer to the Air Coryell offense in it's applications. Kubiak's offense is much more like Shanahan's old offense and that frankly needs to be put out to pasture.

i also don't necessarily see why our existing talent is that unsuited for a WCO. . . the O-line is young and versatile, and moreno fits at least as well in a ZBS/WCO as he does in any type of spread or power scheme. . . lloyd obviously does fit better in a vertical attack, but royal had his best season in the WCO, and thomas and decker both have the size and RAC ability to work in the west coast. . . our TEs and the rest of our RBs mostly blow regardless of scheme. . .

which leaves QBs. . . orton clearly is most comfortable in the spread, but how much longer is he even going to be here? he's not a guy you plan around. . .

tebow obviously comes from a spread system, but i wouldn't hire my next OC just based on what's best for tim, either-- although briging someone in who can develop him does warrant more consideration than orton. . .

The problem with bringing the west coast offense back here is that it's too often a two WR set. Multiple receiver base sets are the future of the NFL and we have significant resources invested in the receiving corps to meet that future. Migrating back to a two receiver offense is a very regressive move.

Lonestar
12-17-2010, 08:35 PM

most offenses have incorporated some elements of the ZBS into their run game. But there's a reason why no pure ZBS offense has made the Superbowl in a while.

my theory is the ZBS works better vs 4-3 defenses, easier to cut the backside and to get position against big, slow lineman. Now you have 4 linebackers starting off the LOS, making them harder to cut. throw in the speed/size of these linebackers, and it's just not as effective a system at the moment.

Outstanding description of why the ZBS failed. And why it shoild be put in the bronco historical museum. Never ti be thought of again.

atwater27
12-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Outstanding description of why the ZBS failed. And why it shoild be put in the bronco historical museum. Never ti be thought of again.

Why stop there? No running the ball either. Just pass every down.:rolleyes:

WARHORSE
12-17-2010, 08:40 PM
Normally I agree with you 100% but in this case I have to say your 250% wrong.

None of those things have won a playoff game in a decade or more.

Would in the world would you want it again.

I can appreciate your opinion. However......just what has won a playoff game in a decade or more?

We just fired the guy who came from the roots of the only franchise currently outpacing all others in New England.

Outside of New England......take a look at what works.....

HMMMmmmmmm................takes some thought doesnt it?

Of all the repeating superbowl teams, what did they ALL have in common?

Id have to say great coaching.....and great QBs. End of story.

New England is getting ready to go on a roll again imo. You have the same coach......same scheme......same QB.........and some amazing choices in not paying players big money, and aquiring draft picks instead.

Every single year the Pats have extra picks in the top two rounds.

Remember that they had that one first rounder taken when they were caught filming on the sidelines.

Who will come in and prep our team to play on sundays the best.

I could EASILY say Peyton Manning made Dungy the man.

Take a look at sorry Norv Turner.

If Kubiak stays in Texas, who do you get?

The only thing guaranteed is CHANGE. And that does not mean for the better in every case.

You need great coaching......a great defense or a decent defense and a great QB..........you need great role players.

Seems to me Belichick continues to do in New England what everyone else should be doing.................

What coach out there looks anything like Belichick?

Its only one imo. Belichick was a DC for a long time, became HC of the Browns and failed. Then he followed Parcells around.........until he became the HC.....but his defenses excelled.

Seems to me that sounds like Dick LeBeau.

LeBeau knows how to play defense, and has a ton of experience.

If Kubes stays........LeBeau is my first choice anyway.

I just dont see it happening.

WARHORSE
12-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Is Parcells the guy?

Im good with Kubiak.

Im good with LeBeau.

Im good with Parcells if he wanted it.

Everything outside of that, I'll need to be convinced.

I would even go for brining back McD.....but not as GM.

dogfish
12-17-2010, 09:22 PM
war, i'm pretty sure lebeau's not interested in being a head coach again at his age-- believe i've even read that somewhere. . .

besides. . . there's no one in the league i respect more, the guy is one of the top two or three defensive minds of all time. . . but we need someone younger, someone who can build an organization and then hang around and run it for a decade or two. . . at least IMO. . .

SoCalImport
12-17-2010, 09:42 PM
...cant help himself.

Besides, he would keep Orton, Tebow, Quinn, draft Luck and then bring Brandstater back.

And probably give a shout out to see the availability of Rodney Peete and Bubby Brister. :D

No thanks.:coffee:

Sometimes I wish there was one type of high five for "I agree" and a different one for "I don't necessarily agree but that shart was funny":laugh:

Mike
12-17-2010, 10:03 PM
Just say no...to the past.

WARHORSE
12-18-2010, 04:19 AM
war, i'm pretty sure lebeau's not interested in being a head coach again at his age-- believe i've even read that somewhere. . .

besides. . . there's no one in the league i respect more, the guy is one of the top two or three defensive minds of all time. . . but we need someone younger, someone who can build an organization and then hang around and run it for a decade or two. . . at least IMO. . .

You may be right unfortunately about Lebeau.

As for finding someone to run the show.........we're lookin at a long road.

We need Tebow to be the real deal, and some great drafts to add to the mix.

We'll see...........BRONCOS or DIE.

SR
12-18-2010, 10:51 AM
why

Because it is. There wouldn't be anything great about hiring Kubiak.

SR
12-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Chin-Why? Who's to say he's really over being 'burned out'? And name a HC who's won a SB with different teams.

Mora-Why? Cuz of his spectacular resume? :rolleyes:

Billick-Why? Cuz his offensive genius did such wonders for the Ravens?

Dungy-RETIRED AND NOT COMING BACK!

Kubes is a no-brainer. Have said it before. IF he's canned, he'll be Mr B's 1st choice. Bank on it. Regardless of his record, he HAS rebuilt that team and got them into prominence. He can't help it he's in the same division as PManning.
As for Dennison, I could see Houston keeping him. Look at what he's done for their running game alone. Either they'd keep him as HC or decide to go with a big name ex-coach of their own. Cowher prolly makes more sense there than he does in Denver....

You're high dude. There is nothing prominent about Houston. They're mediocre year in and year out.

Medford Bronco
12-18-2010, 10:55 AM
I hate to say it but I dont want kubiak.

The Texans have done nothing, no playoff appearances.

I like Schaub but he seems to choke at in opporunte times, like Orton this year.

Defense sucks year in and year out.

Didnt we fire Shanny for all of the above? I want a new fresh direction. Just my take

Nomad
12-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Just say no...to the past.

I agree....no BRONCOS retreads!! Elway will have his due to prove himself a quality VP but if proves to suck then he'll need to go as well! I'm afraid Bowlen is looking towards the past and will hire a prior BRONCO. I guess if he has that mindset, he mineaswell bring Plummer back because he was the last QB to bring us to the playoffs......and win!!

Ravage!!!
12-18-2010, 11:33 AM
I just threw up in my mouth a lil

nevcraw
12-18-2010, 11:37 AM
I agree....no BRONCOS retreads!! Elway will have his due to prove himself a quality VP but if proves to suck then he'll need to go as well! I'm afraid Bowlen is looking towards the past and will hire a prior BRONCO. I guess if he has that mindset, he mineaswell bring Plummer back because he was the last QB to bring us to the playoffs......and win!!

Pretty limited in your thinking..

Hopefully Bowlen and company hire the right guy for the job not someome because they have no ties to any thing related to the Broncos.

I am sure there are qualified candidates with ties to the organization in some way -- to ignore them because the nomads of the world seek a clensing is understandable I guess but maybe not the best way to run a business.

Nomad
12-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Pretty limited in your thinking..

Hopefully Bowlen and company hire the right guy for the job not someome because they have no ties to any thing related to the Broncos.

I am sure there are qualified candidates with ties to the organization in some way -- to ignore them because the nomads of the world seek a clensing is understandable I guess but maybe not the best way to run a business.

OK because the nevcraw's of the world are stuck in 97 - 98! If they were that great teams would be chomping at the bit to hire them! Look in the mirror who has limited thinking!!

Perhaps Dennison can build the Old Mile High back with his Civil Engineering degree as well!!

nevcraw
12-18-2010, 12:01 PM
OK because the nevcraw's of the world are stuck in 97 - 98! If they were that great teams would be chomping at the bit to hire them! Look in the mirror who has limited thinking!!

Perhaps Dennison can build the Old Mile High back with his Civil Engineering degree as well!!

Quite the opposite. Not stuck anywhere.. and Denny was to be thought provoking if nothing else -- on looking past the sexy picks into well qualified under the radar coaches who have done their jobs well for a long time with less fan fair than others..

I am at the same time open to ousiders and to those with ties to the org. therefore it appears that I am in fact less limited in my thinking than you so at least I got that..:lol:

However, the notion of Bowlen not learning from last time and changing up his whole organization in the mold of another person or chaising another model-- would be proposterous. His bringing in Elway shows this. IMO they are going to create a blend of the old a new but in the Broncos way not NE, not Pitt etc. therfore I expect to see coaches with ties to the Broncos of the 80 and 90's.

I could be wrong..

OrangeHoof
12-18-2010, 12:07 PM
The Top 10 Reasons The Broncos Should Not Hire Kubiak As Head Coach:

1. Like our last two head coaches, Kubiak doesn't have a clue about defense.

2. His teams lack toughness, both physically and mentally.

3. The league has figured out how to beat the ZBS and the West Coast offense.

4. Seems obsessed with drafting WRs and TEs while ignoring defense.

5. He's too slow to throw out plays and players that don't work.

6. Has a knack for the "WTF" play call in critical situations.

7. His teams seem to fall behind in the first half too often and rely on comebacks.

8. Acquired many of the bad habits learned from Mike Shanahan.

9. Too often, third down passes are in front of the first down marker and the receiver is expected to pick up the first down which prevents drives from being extended.

10. Did I mention he can't coach defense to save his life?

Poet
12-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Kubiak is a choke artist. His team's never finish strong when they need to and they lack discipline.

If you could somehow get Gruden at least you'd get an offensive minded guy who has won something.

If you got Cowher you'd get a coach who is known for locking up leads and finishing the game out strong.

If you got Dungy you'd get a guy who could build up a defense and find the right people to make the offense work.

But Kubiak? Why? He can't even GET to the playoffs. And while I agree with Dogfish about Arian Foster, how many other ZBS teams are there? I actually don't know.

Lancane
12-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Kubiak is a choke artist. His team's never finish strong when they need to and they lack discipline.

If you could somehow get Gruden at least you'd get an offensive minded guy who has won something.

If you got Cowher you'd get a coach who is known for locking up leads and finishing the game out strong.

If you got Dungy you'd get a guy who could build up a defense and find the right people to make the offense work.

But Kubiak? Why? He can't even GET to the playoffs. And while I agree with Dogfish about Arian Foster, how many other ZBS teams are there? I actually don't know.

That's okay King, I heard a rumor that Romeo Crennel might be the favorite to be the next head coach in Cincinnati and he'd likely bring in McDaniels as the offensive coordinator...:eek:

I think I'd rather have Kubiak in light of that...hahaha. Sorry, I couldn't resist!

:lol:

Poet
12-18-2010, 01:20 PM
That's okay King, I heard a rumor that Romeo Crennel might be the favorite to be the next head coach in Cincinnati and he'd likely bring in McDaniels as the offensive coordinator...:eek:

I think I'd rather have Kubiak in light of that...hahaha. Sorry, I couldn't resist!

McDaniels as an OC is the stone cold nuts! Crennel is a terrible head coach.

Then again, you guys could pick up Marvin Lewis and Brat! BWHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAH

Lancane
12-18-2010, 01:22 PM
McDaniels as an OC is the stone cold nuts! Crennel is a terrible head coach.

Then again, you guys could pick up Marvin Lewis and Brat! BWHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAH

Thanks! :laugh:

Hell we were already the Browncos at one time, why not the Bengcos next...lmfao. Ahhhh...such a horrid thought, I think I'm going to have nightmares now!

Ravage!!!
12-18-2010, 01:22 PM
Ugh... not Dungy. People complained about our playoffs with Shanahan..... Dungy is the worst in the playoffs.

Poet
12-18-2010, 01:36 PM
Ugh... not Dungy. People complained about our playoffs with Shanahan..... Dungy is the worst in the playoffs.

A good amount of playoff victories and a ring in recent memory isn't bad.

Mike
12-18-2010, 01:46 PM
McD scared the future out of people. :lol:

Back to past...stuck in mediocrity. But at least it's comfortable.

Elevation inc
12-18-2010, 02:30 PM
screw kubiak...if he jumps to our HC gig after getting fired from houston I will be pissed forever

dogfish
12-18-2010, 03:05 PM
McD scared the future out of people. :lol:

Back to past...stuck in mediocrity. But at least it's comfortable.

i'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but we're also bringing back brian griese and lenny walls-- bowlen really wants to get back to "broncos football". . .

:baghead:

Lancane
12-18-2010, 03:46 PM
i'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but we're also bringing back brian griese and lenny walls-- bowlen really wants to get back to "broncos football". . .

:baghead:

I say F' it, let's bring back Dan Reeves! :D

dogfish
12-18-2010, 04:37 PM

he was too good. . .

i hear art shell is available, though-- if bowlen wants to be the new al davis, he should start by hiring some raiders. . .

Nomad
12-18-2010, 04:39 PM
he was too good. . .

i hear art shell is available, though-- if bowlen wants to be the new al davis, he should start by hiring some raiders. . .

I think the IPA's are getting to you!!:lol:

SR
12-18-2010, 07:32 PM
**** it. Let's hire Urban Meyer.

At least his daughter and Tim Tebow are friends.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/alleyes/sites/tampabay.com.blogs.alleyes/files/images/typepad-legacy-files/513.6a00d83451b05569e20120a6a97343970c-900wi.jpg

dogfish
12-18-2010, 08:04 PM
herm edwards-- at least his press conferences are entertaining. . .

HORSEPOWER 56
12-18-2010, 08:28 PM

I was thinking Denny Green would be an awesome guy to have around for after-game pressers! I think he's available! If not for HC, then for press secretary?! :werd:

dogfish
12-18-2010, 08:35 PM
I was thinking Denny Green would be an awesome guy to have around for after-game pressers! I think he's available! If not for HC, then for press secretary?! :werd:

karl peterson for GM, herm as head coach, and denny green as the OC-- sounds about right, i think there's a lot of potential there. . .

TXBRONC
12-18-2010, 08:38 PM
karl peterson for GM, herm as head coach, and denny green as the OC-- sounds about right, i think there's a lot of potential there. . .

That set is not complete without Slowick as the D.C.

tomjonesrocks
12-18-2010, 11:11 PM

Are you serious about Jim Mora? Or "leather jacket" Billick? If so I couldn't disagree more...

Dungy? Sure--instant respect and credibility. Who says he's looking? And if Bowlen pays Cowher I'll shave my head.

tomjonesrocks
12-18-2010, 11:16 PM

Edwards vs Jim Mora in press conferences. I think Mora gets the edge...

tomjonesrocks
12-18-2010, 11:33 PM

I know this is a joke--but I actually wouldn't be *that* upset if this happened. Guy did take Atlanta to the 'Bowl when everyone thought he was washed up...

MileHiWildcat
12-19-2010, 12:21 AM
Hire Calhoun, draft some SMART football players, and run the Triple Option with Tebow as the General.

Shazam!
12-19-2010, 01:04 AM
There are plenty of worse options at HC.

I'd be all for him.

And those Shanahan supporters, it's like getting a copy of Shanahan.

It'd be his homecoming. Kubes likelywouldnt have replaced Shanahan directly, but now it'd be a great move for him.

Dennison coming back would be great too.

I'd like it.

Lancane
12-19-2010, 01:44 AM
I know this is a joke--but I actually wouldn't be *that* upset if this happened. Guy did take Atlanta to the 'Bowl when everyone thought he was washed up...

Who said I'd be upset, I'm not one of the cry-babies that still hate his guts, I respect the hell out of him, he and Elway buried the hatchet and so should everyone else. And with everyone unhappy about re-treads, let's just bring back the original who started it all.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-19-2010, 07:25 AM
Who said I'd be upset, I'm not one of the cry-babies that still hate his guts, I respect the hell out of him, he and Elway buried the hatchet and so should everyone else. And with everyone unhappy about re-treads, let's just bring back the original who started it all.

Yeah, but Reeves is like 90 years old, now. He's pretty much too old to coach or even be an effective GM. I doubt they would allow the Broncos to have "nap time" during games for our elderly HC. Seriously though, Dan Reeves is just too old to be heavily involved in football. I've always liked Reeves, but the guy really is as old as Al Davis, I think.

There's a reason that one of the best GMs in the business, Gil Brandt, is jobless, too. He's just too old to work a job that requires 100 hours a week.

Okay, I just looked it up. Reeves is 66. I thought he was much older (looks older probably due to his heart problems). I'm still not sure Reeves can do it anymore. I don't think his health would support it.

Lancane
12-19-2010, 07:43 AM
Yeah, but Reeves is like 90 years old, now. He's pretty much too old to coach or even be an effective GM. I doubt they would allow the Broncos to have "nap time" during games for our elderly HC. Seriously though, Dan Reeves is just too old to be heavily involved in football. I've always liked Reeves, but the guy really is as old as Al Davis, I think.

There's a reason that one of the best GMs in the business, Gil Brandt, is jobless, too. He's just too old to work a job that requires 100 hours a week.

Okay, I just looked it up. Reeves is 66. I thought he was much older (looks older probably due to his heart problems). I'm still not sure Reeves can do it anymore. I don't think his health would support it.

Maybe we should hire him for say four years while we groom someone for the position at the offensive coordinator position?

Joel
12-19-2010, 08:09 AM
Word out of Houston is that Robert McNair still wants Kubiak to remain the Head Coach of the Texans and finish out his contract with the organization, but will insist a change at the Defensive Coordinator position which is currently held by Frank Bush. The favorite for the position is Wade Phillips, and if Kubiak does remain and they do hire Phillips, then it means one more team likely to convert to a 3-4 defense.

As far as I am concerned, I hope Kubiak does keep his position in Houston...we need a new direction, we need to establish that we can go beyond the Walsh-Seifert coaching tree and be successful. Otherwise it was pointless to fire Shanahan in the first place, and not to mention that Kubiak will be measured up to Shanahan, especially since Kubiak is his protege and that could cause a bigger mess for the front office if the attempt fails.
That's probably the smartest thing the Texans could do. If anything, the ZBS should do BETTER against the 3-4, because it doesn't go right at the hulking NT and DEs holding the middle of the field, and if the cut block using defenders momentum against them works well against down linemen, what would you expect with 3-4 OLBs who are all about mobility? No, the problem in Houston (and Washington, and formerly, Denver) isn't the ZBS, it's that Shanny and Kubes are first and foremost OCs and don't run defenses well. Really, how can you have Mario Williams, Amobi Okoye, DeMeco Ryans, Brian Cushing and Zach Diles and still be in the bottom three in nearly every defensive category? Granted the Texans (and Redskins) secondary is pretty awful, but that explains the defensive failures without justifying them. It's the one hesitation I have about Kubiak returning to Denver, but, unlike Denver, Wade Phillips doesn't have any nasty baggage to prevent him becoming Houstons DC. His dad would be overjoyed to see him help Houston FINALLY win the Big One that the Steelers HoF teams twice kept him from even reaching, and as someone who grew up with Luv Ya Blue I can tell you the city would welcome Wade with open arms.

Honestly, I don't know how to feel about this. The Denver fan in me would love to see Kubiak as our next head coach, but the Houston fan in me would hate to lose him as our current head coach. Meanwhile, of the other names mentioned in this thread the only one I'd give you two hoots in hell for is Cowher (who'd probably be well suited to both our current personnel and the direction I think we need to go). That Gruden benefited from Dungy building a HoF D in Tampa and Dungy benefited from having Peyton Manning as his OC doesn't make either of them any more than fine coordinators. I certainly don't have a problem with the idea of Kubiak coming in and winning more Super Bowls the same we won the last two (let's face it, those Ds were good ENOUGH, but not great; offense won those championships whatever the old saw says). People used to say the Packer Sweep was simplistic, too, but Lombardi probably just told them "sour grapes" and went back to polishing his trophies. ;)