PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cable's Words

BroncoStud
12-17-2010, 11:12 AM
Tim Tebow has taken most of the first-team snaps the last two days at Broncos practice and, while fans are calling for the rookie and starter Kyle Orton is nursing bruised ribs, Raiders coach Tom Cable expects to see Orton Sunday.

"I think he gives them the best chance to win. I think that's pretty clear," Cable said. "But it wouldn't surprise me to see Tim some."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/raiders/detail?entry_id=79261

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So the opposing coach hopes to see Kyle Orton starting this Sunday, maybe also hoping to see another 59-14 scrimmage. Now I want Tebow to start more than ever.

DallasChief
12-17-2010, 11:14 AM
I missed the part where he said he "hoped" Orton would play.

chazoe60
12-17-2010, 11:15 AM
On what ******* planet does Orton give any team the best chance to win? I am getting so sick of that obviously flawed logic. How many people have watched Orton the last couple of games? He has been nothing short of the worst QB in the league the last two weeks.

Ravage!!!
12-17-2010, 11:19 AM
He has, but Tebow hasn't shown a single thing in the NFL, as of yet. Now I'm one that thinks he should start, bt I'm not going to say he gives us the best chance to win. That doesn't make any sense.

Besides, I don't think there is a chance we win

chazoe60
12-17-2010, 11:22 AM
He has, but Tebow hasn't shown a single thing in the NFL, as of yet. Now I'm one that thinks he should start, bt I'm not going to say he gives us the best chance to win. That doesn't make any sense.

The way I look at it is this: Orton is a known. Tebow is the unknown. When the known is almost a sure loss then in fact the unknown is the better chance of a win. You know what I mean?

Dzone
12-17-2010, 11:28 AM
That should motivate Tebow even more to have the raider coach say that orton gives them the best chance to win. Thats a bit of an insult to Tebow

HORSEPOWER 56
12-17-2010, 11:32 AM
So wait, Tom Cable, the guy who plays merry go round QBs EVERY WEEK and doesn't even know which of his QBs give his team the best chance to win thinks he knows which QB gives the Broncos the best chance to win?

**** Tom Cable. Maybe he should go punch out an assistant instead of giving interviews.

Slick
12-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Lately the only reason I even turn on the TV on Sunday is to see if Tebow plays.

Ravage!!!
12-17-2010, 11:39 AM
The way I look at it is this: Orton is a known. Tebow is the unknown. When the known is almost a sure loss then in fact the unknown is the better chance of a win. You know what I mean?

I get what you are saying, and like I said, I want Tebow to play. But logically, he's a rook that has never seen the field (well, barely at most). Although I don't think we would be worse for starting him, I'm not sure he's the "better" option because he's unknown. I just know that he's unknown. I know Orton has returned to the player we thought he was.

I just don't think Cable's words were off. Although, they might be self serving since I'm sure he would love to see Orton start :laugh:

BroncoStud
12-17-2010, 11:48 AM
And F-F-S! Why are we still worried about "winning the game" when we need to be looking at what we have on the roster for next season? A 3 win team in December doesn't need to win games, they need to prepare for next year.

I even bet that in preparing for next year we migth win a game or 2.

Dzone
12-17-2010, 12:04 PM
Put that on tebows locker

Montana Battlin Bear
12-17-2010, 12:12 PM
I've thought this whole season that we need to let Tebow sit the entire first year regardless of our wins and losses. I kept that thought until I watched these last two games. I am so sick of watching Orton jog on the field go three and out then walk to the bench take his helmet off and put a hat on. not a single word when the team is down not even any emotion. He is not a leader. If anything else I cannot wait to see Tebow come off the field and not sit down once because he is trying to figure things out with his teammates and trying to help the team win

PAINTERDAVE
12-17-2010, 01:33 PM

People, People!

We do not have a chance to win with EITHER guy.

The rook is a rook.

Orton is a loser.

We gonn ahave a great draft position.

Give Tebow the experience.

Play the man.

By Bye Kyle.

Juriga72
12-17-2010, 02:15 PM
How cool is it in the world right now.... Orton about to be booted, Grossman named starter.

Hmmmmmmmmmm VERY 2005 if you ask me.Hey..lets climb in the "Way back machine"

Kyle Orton's last 8 games in 2005 right before he got canned at halftime LEADING a game are VERY much like this year. No scoring, cant keep a drive going yet wins because HIS defense holds the other team to:
21 (Losing......)

During this "great example of Kyle-ness" He threw a TOTAL of.....5 touchdowns wiining 8 games.

BroncoStud
12-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Geez that just shows how horrible Orton was with the Bears... You have to suck to get benched for Rex Grossman, then watch Rex lead the same team to a Super Bowl. Ouch.

BroncoStud
12-17-2010, 02:39 PM
With Kyle Orton (arm, ribs) still unable to throw Friday, Lindsay Jones of the Denver Post predicts that Tim Tebow will be the Broncos' starting quarterback against the Raiders Sunday.

Jones cites "conventional wisdom" for her prediction, with Orton only getting "mental reps" throughout the week.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/40721434/ns/sports-player_news/

Juriga72
12-17-2010, 02:55 PM
with Orton only getting "mental reps" throughout the week.

Kyle standing in front of his mirror-

"Your a good person and gosh darn it people like you"

nevcraw
12-17-2010, 06:37 PM
People, People!

We do not have a chance to win with EITHER guy.

the hell we don't.

we are still playing the raiders.. and we are still fan's of a class org. try not to forget that during these trying times.

spikerman
12-17-2010, 06:39 PM
At this point I'm sure neither QB scares Tom Cable. Of course, he already knows what he's going to get with Orton and Tebow is a bit of a wildcard. I'm sure he'd be very comfortable with Orton starting.

nevcraw
12-17-2010, 06:40 PM
With Kyle Orton (arm, ribs) still unable to throw Friday, Lindsay Jones of the Denver Post predicts that Tim Tebow will be the Broncos' starting quarterback against the Raiders Sunday.

Jones cites "conventional wisdom" for her prediction, with Orton only getting "mental reps" throughout the week.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/40721434/ns/sports-player_news/

Is he mentally repping one hopping the ball in front of the WR?

I kid.... I kid...

spikerman
12-17-2010, 06:42 PM
Is he mentally repping one hopping the ball in front of the WR?

I kid.... I kid... Heck no, he's got his safeties lining up 70 yards off the line of scrimmage. Didn't you hear? Orton was throwing the ball 70 yards the other day in practice.

After watching last weeks game I'm not sure Orton could drive a ball 70 yards with a full tank of gas and a map. **

** I'm basing this off of his past two weeks' performances. He's played ok up to that point, imo.

Dzone
12-17-2010, 06:44 PM
How has Ryan Harris graded out this year? Is he tough enough to protect Tebows blind side?

Dzone
12-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Ortons arm is done for the season..He just isnt physically strong enough to last a full 16 game NFL season...it happens to pitchers, it happens to race horses , it happens to quarterbacks...put a fork in him, Orton is done until next year...if Studesville starts him sunday, thats the epitome of stupidity. Tebow gives us the best chance at winning.

nevcraw
12-17-2010, 06:52 PM
How has Ryan Harris graded out this year? Is he tough enough to protect Tebows blind side?

Tebow is tough enough to protect Tebow's blinside. :shocked:

HORSEPOWER 56
12-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Tebow is tough enough to protect Tebow's blinside. :shocked:

Tebow is all knowing and all seeing... he has no blind side. :coffee:

Dzone
12-17-2010, 07:01 PM

Thats true, and he can perform surgery if called upon to do so

nevcraw
12-17-2010, 07:03 PM

congratulations! you passed the test! well done. :lol:

Cugel
12-17-2010, 09:49 PM

What would be the point of winning now anyway? A worse draft pick? So all the scrubs who will be GONE next season in the most massive house-cleaning in Broncos history can feel GOOD about themselves for a change?

I hope they lose out at this point. The ONLY reason to even PLAY these games is to see Tim Tebow.

Besides that there is exactly ZERO other reason to bother to show up!

I think Orton will play and they will start Tebow next week. I think that's crap, but I'm guessing that Studesville is getting orders from Xanders or Ellis on this point.

He doesn't seem like he's got a very long leash and there's really no reason why he would. He's not going to be coach for more than 4 games. You don't want him screwing up Tebow for the future.

If we don't see Tebow at all, that will mean that either the team has decided to keep him and doesn't want to rush him in a lost season, or else they've already intended to trade him and don't want to ruin his value.

If we DO see him, it means they haven't totally made up their mind yet and want to take the wrapper off and see if there's anything underneath all that shiny paper!

Juriga72
12-18-2010, 11:15 AM
I love the fact that Cable want us to play Orton instead of Tebow. How much does that say to our FO?

Cable-"Yes!!!!! Kyle Orton gives them the best chance for them to win"

Joe- "See!!!! I'm right"