PDA

View Full Version : Elway, Vic & Gary (@VicLombardi @thegarymiller) talk Broncos Front office Fri. 8AM on 87.7 The Ticket

Tned
12-16-2010, 11:14 PM
Tomorrow morning is the Elway show on Vic and Gary's 87.7 The Ticket daily show. You know that two major topics will be starting Tebow and Elway's possible role in the front office.

Tune in and then come in here and talk about it.

Vic and Gary are on Friday 7:00-9:00 am Mountain time and Elway will be on at 8:00 on http://www.877theticket.com/

Denver Native (Carol)
12-16-2010, 11:18 PM
Tomorrow morning is the Elway show on Vic and Gary's 87.7 The Ticket daily show. You know that two major topics will be starting Tebow and Elway's possible role in the front office.

Tune in and then come in here and talk about it.

Friday 7:00 am Mountain time on http://www.877theticket.com/

Unless tomorrow is a special time, John is always on Fridays right after the 8:00 break.

Lancane
12-16-2010, 11:36 PM
I just hope he slips up and gives us fans an accidental but juicy tidbit...whether about himself and his new role, the next general manager or head coach.

Tned
12-17-2010, 12:09 AM
Unless tomorrow is a special time, John is always on Fridays right after the 8:00 break.

You're right. I knew it was 8:00, but then when I was typing this I did my normal Central to Mountain conversion, which wasn't needed as it was 8:00 MST. lol. Thanks for catching that.

honz
12-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Did John come out of the closet?

HORSEPOWER 56
12-17-2010, 01:06 PM
There's also a link to an article I hadn't seen yet (about Tebow... go figure). The most interesting part is I guess the FO has assured Tebow that he has a future with this team, no matter who the new HC is. That I hadn't seen anywhere.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2010/12/16/tebow-time-could-come-sooner-than-later/

underrated29
12-17-2010, 01:13 PM
Did anyone listen?

Do we get a little summary of the show, maybe?

Denver Native (Carol)
12-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Did anyone listen?

Do we get a little summary of the show, maybe?

Here is some of it - the rest on: http://www.877theticket.com/page/59/The_John_Elway_Show

This week on The John Elway Show:

Broncos Hall of Fame Quarterback John Elway joins Vic & Gary Fridays at 8 a.m. to discuss the Broncos, the NFL and sports in general. On Dec. 17, Elway joined Vic & Gary to update them on his potentially taking a job with the Broncos, whether it's time for the Broncos to play Tim Tebow, Brett Favre's consecutive starts streak and whether the Broncos are rebuilding.

Update on his potentially taking a job with the Broncos
"Things move at snail paces. Things are still progressing. Obviously, they have some other things on their plate right now. I haven't had a chance to sit down and talk to (Broncos CEO and President) Pat (Bowlen) or anybody. When that time comes, we'll sit down and see what happens."

On the report on Sunday, Dec. 12 that he had already accepted a position with the Broncos
"That was not true. There's been no commitment on either side or anything like that. It's a process, moving slow with it. Those guys, they had those labor meetings down in Dallas so they were out of town so it's tough to get much done or have some talks this week. We'll continue as we go. Obviously, there's still three games left, so there's some time. We'll take advantage of that time."

dogfish
12-17-2010, 02:37 PM
if they're actually serious about hiring elway to anything beyond a basic advisory position, they need to get that shit movin'. . . snail's pace isn't acceptable at all! the process of interviewing for GMs needs to start pretty soon here. . .

Lonestar
12-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Any meaningful GM canidate most likely will be unavaialbale till after they are eliminated from playoffs.

I know there is a window mid playoffs for coaching staff but not sure that applies to GM's or not.

I suspect that might be one reason Xman went to the owners meetings this week. To get a chance to see what goes on there.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

TXBRONC
12-17-2010, 05:47 PM
Something I found disturbing was John saying that for the last 10-12 week Tebow ANY meaningful snaps with the first string offense. He suppose to be the 2nd string quarterback but he wasn't prepared to get into a game if called upon. No wonder McDaniels didn't want him to play, because he hadn't done ish to prepare to get into a game.

http://www.877theticket.com/page/59/The_John_Elway_Show

On whether it is time to play QB Tim Tebow
"Obviously, it'd be great to see him get some playing time. Obviously, if he hasn't practiced, I don't know how much he's practiced throughout the year. I just know when I was playing, when I was with Gary (Kubiak), Gary was the backup, when Bubby (Brister) was here, we split reps. It was 50-50. I'd take two-thirds of the offensive reps. Whoever the backup was would take one-third of the reps on offense. When we'd go do defensive drills, it'd switch. Gary or Bubby would do two-thirds of the scout team and I'd do the other third. I've always felt like we shared the reps. Whether it was me as the starter or whoever the backup was was taking half of the reps. I was surprised to hear that Tim (Tebow) hadn't taken any reps offensively for the last, I don't know, 10-12 weeks. When I hear that, my concern would be not that it's not good for him to go out and play, but he's gotta be ready to go out and play and you don't want to put him in a situation that he's not ready for. Even though the expectations are not there for him to save this year, the expectations are going to be high of him to go out and perform well. My concern would be to make sure that he gets in a situation where he has a chance to be successful. He can go out there, have the confidence, know what he's doing, be sharp, even though he hasn't been in the offense for two months. That makes it very difficult to do that. That would be my concern."

In the words of the great Vince Lombardi "What the hell is going on around here?"