PDA

View Full Version : All I want for Christmas is to see Tim Tebow play

Jagsbch
12-16-2010, 08:35 PM
Vic Carucci wrote an NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81cf5d8b/article/tebow-other-young-qbs-need-to-be-evaluated-closely) story about Tebow...

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/t_tebow_101122_wide.jpg

Interestingly, in avoiding any specifics about how/if Tebow will be utilized going forward, Studesville felt the need to point out to reporters earlier this week that the former Florida star "was drafted to play quarterback so he's going to be ready to play in a game."

Now according to Stud~Ville Tebow is going to be ready, my question is should I be?

I am so sick of seeing this team flush my expectations down the drain~!!

JaxBroncoGirl
12-16-2010, 09:08 PM
For the life of me, I cannot and will not understand the decision not to play Tebow if only for few snaps. Do not sell me the fact he is a rookie because the NFL has plenty of rookies playing now. Manning was a rookie while playing.

Orton is a good QB but only as a back up. With the last few games, it would not have made a difference for Tebow to take a few snaps. Is Denver coaching too scared they may have a winner on their hands? Are they too afraid that Tebow will blow their minds? Maybe they are too afraid that Tebow is a leader and can lead the Broncos to win. After all McD was the only leader (in his mind) for this team, (which was his downfall). Can you imagine a coach that is so insecure that he would actually hold back a leader on the field?

Let Tebow take a few snaps and Quinn as well. We have nothing to loose. Orton cannot move in the pocket, Tebow can move and keep the play alive. Gee what a concept, can we actually be proud of Tebow and Quinn? I sure hope they both get a chance.

I Eat Staples
12-16-2010, 09:45 PM
Is Denver coaching too scared they may have a winner on their hands?

I'm sure the coaching staff would hate that. You know, winning games and all.

rationalfan
12-16-2010, 10:07 PM
if only tebow could rush the passer, defend against the pass, return kicks, return punts, coach the team, run a team ...

BroncoStud
12-17-2010, 01:29 AM
I'm sure the coaching staff would hate that. You know, winning games and all.

It almost seems like it. It sure seemed like they didn't want to win the Arizona game.

BroncoStud
12-17-2010, 01:30 AM
if only tebow could rush the passer, defend against the pass, return kicks, return punts, coach the team, run a team ...

He probably can't do all that, but I bet he can do better than 16% on 3rd downs for a full month of football? You think?

PAINTERDAVE
12-17-2010, 01:40 AM
In the interview I heard to day...
a fellow player talking about him in practice...
(and I missed the begining when they said who was being interviewed)
the player said that...

and I paraphrase...

Tebow was doing great...
had a good grasp of the play book...
he was commanding the field...
he threw the ball well...
and made good reads of the defense.

The player said..
"He looked good, and he looked ready."

I am confidant we will see Tebow in the game...

Orton has not practiced all week. He has just been standing around.
They said he did well in the "skipping" drills.

Great ... let's start our best "skipper"!

JDL
12-17-2010, 04:52 AM
For the life of me, I cannot and will not understand the decision not to play Tebow if only for few snaps. Do not sell me the fact he is a rookie because the NFL has plenty of rookies playing now. Manning was a rookie while playing.

Orton is a good QB but only as a back up. With the last few games, it would not have made a difference for Tebow to take a few snaps. Is Denver coaching too scared they may have a winner on their hands? Are they too afraid that Tebow will blow their minds? Maybe they are too afraid that Tebow is a leader and can lead the Broncos to win. After all McD was the only leader (in his mind) for this team, (which was his downfall). Can you imagine a coach that is so insecure that he would actually hold back a leader on the field?

Let Tebow take a few snaps and Quinn as well. We have nothing to loose. Orton cannot move in the pocket, Tebow can move and keep the play alive. Gee what a concept, can we actually be proud of Tebow and Quinn? I sure hope they both get a chance.

Manning went out in his first 4 games and threw 11 INTs... Clausen stepping into a cluster and doing the best he could... is already being written off... Elway was terrible his first year... what's the difference (#1 picks get long leashes to prove or disprove themselves) late 1st and later rd picks at QB don't.

I agree playing time is in order, but I've vehemently been opposed to just starting him because the fans are freaking bored. If he goes out and stinks... how many of the naysayers will be on this board alone saying send him out, worthless McD pick??? Quite a lot I suspect... what is the chance ANY rookie QB is going to go into Oakland on a team that is totally dysfunctional from coaching on down to the players ... a D that will force Tebow to pass far more than a rookie QB should... what is the likelihood that ends well? I mean the idea is to get rookie some playing time, not ruin his confidence and the faith of the fans in his ability. There is no patience by the fans at this juncture and as miserable a state as Denver is in, the fact this is not even a system Tebow will be asked to run by a new coach, it makes very little sense to give him the start... give him a set package of plays he is comfortable with and let him work on those for a series or two... you want to throw a QB to the dogs? Toss Quinn out there... who cares ... this season is toast and fans need to recognize that not Tim Tebow or anyone else can save it for you... it's over ... Tebow won't prove in a handful of rookie starts that he is or isn't the future, absolutely impossible.... No way Tebow would be given any length of leash anywhere near what guys like Elway and Manning got... that is why it is better to take the Aaron Rodgers or Kevin Kolb route... that is if you have any REAL issue in helping Tebow become the player we hope he does.

JDL
12-17-2010, 05:02 AM
He probably can't do all that, but I bet he can do better than 16% on 3rd downs for a full month of football? You think?

And we'd still lose... no rookie is coming in and fixing this mess and I don't know why fans are so blinded by their fascination in thinking Tebow can salvage something from this season? He's not going to be a Phoenix rising from the ashes of this lost season... he's going to be a rookie QB who is raw by NFL standards, even NFL Rookie QB standards and it could very well be ugly, very ugly, which won't say a damn thing about his ability to be a great QB as the greatest have had moments as ugly as they come (Elway's final start of his rookie season) ... so what happens if Tebow does that... you have people calling for the organization to go get another QB.....and yet people still don't seem to grasp why it just might be a bad idea to put Tebow in that position... that is, if you want him to have any realistic shot at becoming a great QB. His leash is too short to take any route other than the Rodgers or Kolb route of just being patient and let the guy learn and let the team stabilize so he's being asked to just do his job.. not carry an entire team that has self-destructed... because that simply will not happen.

MasterShake
12-17-2010, 08:15 AM
And we'd still lose... no rookie is coming in and fixing this mess and I don't know why fans are so blinded by their fascination in thinking Tebow can salvage something from this season? He's not going to be a Phoenix rising from the ashes of this lost season... he's going to be a rookie QB who is raw by NFL standards, even NFL Rookie QB standards and it could very well be ugly, very ugly, which won't say a damn thing about his ability to be a great QB as the greatest have had moments as ugly as they come (Elway's final start of his rookie season) ... so what happens if Tebow does that... you have people calling for the organization to go get another QB.....and yet people still don't seem to grasp why it just might be a bad idea to put Tebow in that position... that is, if you want him to have any realistic shot at becoming a great QB. His leash is too short to take any route other than the Rodgers or Kolb route of just being patient and let the guy learn and let the team stabilize so he's being asked to just do his job.. not carry an entire team that has self-destructed... because that simply will not happen.

I think you underestimate most fans with this line of thought. Most people I talk to aren't looking for Tebow to save the day, we just want to have a reason to watch the Broncos with a little glimpse of the future. Its probably gonna be ugly, especially if he starts in Oakland because they WILL blitz on almost every down.

In a lost season, it is all about evaluation not wins or losses. I never miss a preseason game because I want to see what is on the horizon. These final games are no different.

I don't know what kind of QB Tebow will be. But we can start to get an idea.

BroncoStud
12-17-2010, 09:47 AM
I don't think anyone expects TT to come in the game and Denver will suddenly be a good team... I do think he will make us a better team than what we have witnessed over the last 2 weeks, which wouldn't take much.

I do anticipate he will make some plays and learn something about the position. I don't see ANY negative in playing him. The season is lost and he will get 3 games to see what playing QB in the NFL is really like, and it will give the fans a reason to watch the piece of crap product Bowlen and Ellis are trying to pass over on us.

I see no valid reason not to start him, he wants to play, he's eager to go to the Black Hole.

I Eat Staples
12-17-2010, 10:11 AM
It almost seems like it. It sure seemed like they didn't want to win the Arizona game.

There's a difference between not wanting it and being unable to achieve it.

BroncoStud
12-17-2010, 10:26 AM
There's a difference between not wanting it and being unable to achieve it.

I don't buy that the Broncos are incapable of beating the Cardinals. I do believe that Kyle Orton gives Denver about a 0% chance to beat anyone right now.

vandammage13
12-17-2010, 10:34 AM

You have somehow missed what this whole fan push to play Tebow is all about...No one is on here thinking that Tebow is going to come in here and reel of 3 straight victories to end the season. I think the fans are well past winning and losing. They want the rookie QB who could be our QB of the future to get some experience, that's all. Everyone has seen enough of Orton to know that he is nothing more than a solid backup and he's certainly not a franchise QB.

People want to see what the rookie has, let him use these last few games to get some of the bumps and bruises out of the way, so that we aren't wasting too many games next year getting him used to playing in an NFL game. People want to make the most of a lost season and use this opportunity to play some of the young guys, rather than see the same old crap with Orton at the helm which does nothing to help us NEXT YEAR.

Play Tebow...He's going to make some mistakes for sure, but he'll probably make some plays as well. Let him learn from those mistakes now, in a lost year, rather than still waiting for him to learn from his mistakes week 6 of next year.

DallasChief
12-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Why would Tebow play this weekend? Are one of your safeties hurt?

BroncoStud
12-17-2010, 10:54 AM

Hey, what is the outlook for Croyle vs the Rams this weekend? Think he'll top 50 yards passing this week? :laugh::welcome:

HORSEPOWER 56
12-17-2010, 11:04 AM
The bottom line is this...

I would rather watch Tebow throw 100 Ints, take a dozen sacks, and make a ton of rookie mistakes trying to win than watch Orton fall down or throw the ball into the dirt on 3rd down vice trying to actually win.

Either way, we're going to lose... it's just a matter if you want to see Orton lose another or give the rook a shot to lose a few. I choose the latter.

Jagsbch
12-17-2010, 12:07 PM
Page 3 of our local sports page had an article about Tebow potentially starting.:elefant:

I Eat Staples
12-17-2010, 03:21 PM

Lmao. :lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
12-17-2010, 03:26 PM

Many teams play games with their opponents in situations like this - not coming out and stating who will start, who will play, so the other team does not know who to game plan for. Nothing new here.

SR
12-17-2010, 03:47 PM
I am so sick of seeing this team flush my expectations down the drain~!!

Dude. You aren't even a frickin Broncos fan by your own admission. What expectations of OUR team could you possibly have? You're on this board to swing off of Tebow's sack and little, if anything, else.

PAINTERDAVE
12-17-2010, 04:35 PM
From another article..

Tebow has spent some additional time with offensive coordinator Mike McCoy this week, but McCoy said Tebow "has stayed late since the day we drafted him" and called Tebow a football junkie.

The Raiders are tied for second in the league in sacks, just one behind the league leaders, and the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum may not be the site many rookie quarterbacks would select for their first career start.

But Tebow has said he enjoys "hostile environments" and said Thursday he understands how things looked in the preseason would not be how they look in Sunday.

"Obviously, guys are going to be playing harder, it's going to be a faster tempo, and it's going to mean a lot more," Tebow said. "So everybody's intensity is going to raise a lot."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16879662

Jagsbch
12-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Dude. You aren't even a frickin Broncos fan [B]by your own admission. WTF are you talking about?:rolleyes:

SR
12-18-2010, 10:40 AM
WTF are you talking about?:rolleyes:

When you first came to this board you said that every year you pick a different team to write about and that this year you chose the Broncos. You gave us some horse shit about story and now you're claiming to be a fan. I'm not going to waste important time during my day to dick around thumbing through all of your posts to dig that one up, but you said it. You're a fraud.

Jagsbch
12-18-2010, 11:55 AM
I don't need a label to want to see Tebow play.:salute:

T.K.O.
12-18-2010, 01:02 PM
it is absolutely CRITICAL that the FO and coaches get to see how tebow developes over the next 3 weeks.
there are huge choices to be made this offseason .
1) do we have a legit QB on our roster ?
2) will the new coaches scheme be able to properly utilize a guy like Tebow ?
3) is quinn going to be able to be a competent back up ?
4)can mccoy put together a gameplan that gives us a chance to win ?
5)can knowshon carry the load at rb for more than 2-3 games in a row ?
6)can our current wr's keep the passing game moving with a different style attack ?

we need gametime tape on as many rookies and backups as possible so that the new coach can make the tough decisions early.
there is a really strong chance that OTA's and TC will be shortened significantly next year due to hold outs and/or new cba.
cleaning up this "hot mess" of a team will be even harder than it normally would:salute:

Rick
12-18-2010, 01:11 PM

He can do all that as well as cure the world's hunger, cure cancer, solve world peace, and all before lunch.

Dzone
12-18-2010, 01:24 PM
Im actually nervous waiting for this game..geezo...is that normal? Am I taking this Bronco stuff way too serious?

Nomad
12-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Im actually nervous waiting for this game..geezo...is that normal? Am I taking this Bronco stuff way too serious?

I was gonna take the kids to see Narnia but they may have to settle for Buffalo Wild Wings because I'd like to see Tebow play as well! Beating the Raiders makes him an instant hero!!

KCL
12-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Hey, what is the outlook for Croyle vs the Rams this weekend? Think he'll top 50 yards passing this week? :laugh::welcome:

Yep if he plays he will get at least 60 yards this week...he will keep improving with each game.

T.K.O.
12-18-2010, 04:10 PM
schefter says tebow will start:salute:

PAINTERDAVE
12-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Merry Christmas....

SR
12-18-2010, 07:39 PM
I don't need a label to want to see Tebow play.:salute:

Remember that next time you try to call yourself a Broncos fan. A Tebow nutswinger, fine, but you are not a Broncos fan.

Jagsbch
12-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Remember that next time you try to call yourself a Broncos fan. A Tebow nutswinger, fine, but you are not a Broncos fan.

Remember what? That I can call myself a Broncos fan or any other teams fan I want without having to get approval from the peanut gallery? No problem, I will remember that, maybe you should...

Jagsbch
12-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Merry Christmas....
:beer:

Jagsbch
12-18-2010, 09:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvvz6VHcyhg

SR
12-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Remember what? That I can call myself a Broncos fan or any other teams fan I want without having to get approval from the peanut gallery? No problem, I will remember that, maybe you should...

I'm not the one that came here and said I wasn't a fan of this team and treated it, and this message board, like my own personal charity case. I am also not the one that made heinous comments like it being a liberal onslaught that Tebow wasn't already playing. Dude...you're off the reservation.

Jagsbch
12-19-2010, 02:04 PM
Lmao