PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow inching closer to first NFL start

DenBronx
12-16-2010, 03:21 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/16/tim-tebow-inching-closer-to-first-nfl-start/

Just when everyone had safely started to ignore the Broncos, they may give us a reason to pay attention again.

Tim Tebow took the majority of first-team reps at Broncos practice for a second straight day, according to Lindsay Jones of the Denver Post. Kyle Orton is battling a “rib” injury that clearly seemed to hurt his effectiveness last week against the Cardinals.

Earlier Thursday, interim head coach Eric Studesville said the team is “not in a hurry to make a decision.” That was a change in stance from earlier in the week when he said that Orton would start.

While Studesville said Orton could start without throwing during the week, that sounds like a coach hoping to confuse the opposing coaching staff. Orton’s availability on Friday will be the key. It’s very rare for a quarterback to play despite missing three practices.

Tebow never got a chance to play for Josh McDaniels, and he won’t play for Eric Studesville for long. Still, this could be a great opportunity to impress the next Broncos head coach, whoever he is.

BroncoStud
12-16-2010, 04:09 PM
PLEASE give me a reason to watch the game this weekend!

frauschieze
12-16-2010, 04:11 PM
PLEASE give me a reason to watch the game this weekend!

I got a reason for ya:

The Broncos are playing. :hi:

BroncoStud
12-16-2010, 04:12 PM
I need a bigger reason than that. The Orton-led Broncos are so frustrating and putrid I'd rather watch them in spots rather than see his sorry ass march onto the field over and over again.

chazoe60
12-16-2010, 04:16 PM
I need a bigger reason than that. The Orton-led Broncos are so frustrating and putrid I'd rather watch them in spots rather than see his sorry ass march onto the field over and over again.

Orton does make it hard to watch the games. He is flat out boring as shit to watch. Seriously, who would have thought 3500 yards in 13 games could be boring? Kyle has figured out a way.

vandammage13
12-16-2010, 04:16 PM
I think this news is setting us up for more disappointment....I smell another Orton start coming.

frauschieze
12-16-2010, 04:17 PM

Sorry you feel that way. I watch regardless. I've gotten numb to the point of not needed copious amounts of whiskey to deal with it even. *shrugs*

In a few weeks, there won't be Broncos football to watch for months. Maybe even more than a year, depending on the CBA. I'm not going to skip out these few games no matter how bad.

Plus, we play the damn Raiders, FFS. I wouldn't miss this no matter what.

vandammage13
12-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Sorry you feel that way. I watch regardless. I've gotten numb to the point of not needed copious amounts of whiskey to deal with it even. *shrugs*

In a few weeks, there won't be Broncos football to watch for months. Maybe even more than a year, depending on the CBA. I'm not going to skip out these few games no matter how bad.

True...it is afterall football, and I'm going to watch no matter how much we suck. That being said, seeing Tebow would make it much more bearable, even if he stinks it up too.

Ziggy
12-16-2010, 04:27 PM

Well said, as usual Frauschieze. This is the most mellow Raiders week buildup I can ever remember. Come on people, it's still the Raiders!

DenBronx
12-16-2010, 04:30 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Tim Tebow is getting more snaps at practice with starter Kyle Orton nursing bruised ribs and the rookie might even get his first extended action of the season when the Denver Broncos visit the Oakland Raiders this weekend.

Orton sat out practice Wednesday and interim coach Eric Studesville met with quarterbacks coach Ben McDaniels to determine how much, if any, he'll be able to participate in Thursday's practice.

In his absence, Tebow has been taking the bulk of the snaps with third quarterback Brady Quinn getting some work, too.

Tebow, who former coach Josh McDaniels selected in the first round of the draft, has made only cameo appearances this season and thrown just one pass so far, a 3-yard TD toss to Spencer Larsen against the Kansas City Chiefs on Oct. 14.

Mike
12-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Watch, they will start Quinn. :laugh:

TXBRONC
12-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Here's what I see possibly happening. Orton gets to start and gets to play as long as he playing ok and the game is close. If the game gets out of hand Tebow finishes up and starts next week.

DenBronx
12-16-2010, 04:47 PM
Here's what I see possibly happening. Orton gets to start and gets to play as long as he playing ok and the game is close. If the game gets out of hand Tebow finishes up and starts next week.

Or they are telling Orton to rest so he doesn't drive his trade value down anymore?

TXBRONC
12-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Or they are telling Orton to rest so he doesn't drive his trade value down anymore?

That's not nice. :lol:

Orton's trade value isn't going change imho. My guess is that if we were to trade him he's worth a 4th round pick.

BroncoStud
12-16-2010, 04:59 PM

I still need the whiskey, not quite that numb yet... :beer:

BigDaddyBronco
12-16-2010, 05:07 PM

At a minimum, it will increase my hatred of the Raiders. That is a good thing.

BroncoStud
12-16-2010, 05:20 PM
All I know is that last week was as mad as I have ever been watching the Broncos. Every single time the coaching staff kept sending Orton onto the field it just got more hopeless for me as a fan. By the end of the game I actually really disliked Orton being on this roster.

I was livid. The coaches gave up, they quit. They weren't even trying to win the game. It was so damn obvious after about the 1st quarter.

Seeing Orton trot onto the field with his head down early in the 4th quarter when the game was still managable was the worst feeling I've ever had as a Broncos fan watching a game. Worse than TD's injury, worse than any of the Super Bowl losses, worse than the Montana-Elway Monday night battle, it was horrible.

I don't ever want to sit through that again.

BigDaddyBronco
12-16-2010, 05:26 PM
No way that was worse than the SB loses or TD's injury.

When we were getting blown out by San Fran in whatever Super Bowl that was, I went outside and rode my bike, or played basketball with the neighbor kid. I had to physically remove myself from the situation or I would have just imploded.

This year has been such a mess, that I can't get that upset about anything that is happening. Heck, in 3 or 4 years it will be a big black hole in my memory like a rape victim who forgets her attackers face.

broncofaninfla
12-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Watch, they will start Quinn. :laugh:

Honestly at this point I'd be cool with Quinn or Tebow starting, anbody but Orton.

Dzone
12-16-2010, 06:11 PM
I love this post!!!!!...

What better place for Tebow to start than the black hole? Thats the kind of environment that that dude will thrive in. Man, I sure hope so.
No doubt, in 3 weeks, we will be done with Bronco Football for a while. Its going to be a long off season. Its a long time until Aprils draft. We will have lots of time to talk about college prospects.

Wish they could show some video of todays practice. The anticipation for Tebow is awesome. The guy comes thru in interviews as very determined and confident.

Krugan
12-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Yep 3 weeks and the season ends, sadly.

On the upside, this town has another team that is on the rise and plays a very FUN to watch style.

The AVS are very good this year, so despite the ending of a painful season, we sure have something else to fill the gap until the draft.

Dzone
12-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Champ Bailey interview at 5:30 on 877...Champ was just named to the all NFL fundamentals team...Am sure he will be asked a lot about Tebow

JaxBroncoGirl
12-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Orton does make it hard to watch the games. He is flat out boring as shit to watch. Seriously, who would have thought 3500 yards in 13 games could be boring? Kyle has figured out a way.

Yes, he can throw 3500 yards but he cannot convert 3rd down and cannot put points on the board. Something about him does not sit well with me. Put Orton on any other team in the NFL, he would be back up only.

BroncoBJ
12-17-2010, 12:05 AM
I would LOVE for us to start Tebow. Its got to the point where I dont' even get excited watching Broncos games anymore and its sad. Tebow will at least give us a fresh life and a fresh look and something new to watch. And who knows, maybe we'll win some games. Just would like to have a glimpse at Tebow to see what he can do with us.

But chances are Kyle will still start and making fans depressed again. :fight:

horsepig
12-17-2010, 12:36 AM
I don't want Tebow in just to win a game or two. I want him in because I WANT TO ******* SEE HIM PLAY!!!

Lancane
12-17-2010, 01:17 AM
I don't want Tebow in just to win a game or two. I want him in because I WANT TO ******* SEE HIM PLAY!!!

We all want to see him play, mostly so we can see if he's progressed any and get a feel if he is indeed the future of this team. With that said, at this point I have to agree with the sentiment of others....if not him then for the sake of mercy to the fans at least sacrifice Quinn to the Black Hole! Anything is better then watching Orton's boring ass.

PAINTERDAVE
12-17-2010, 01:19 AM
That's not nice. :lol:

Orton's trade value isn't going change imho. My guess is that if we were to trade him he's worth a 4th round pick.

Disagree.

His salary, and his losing... I just can't see a team actually wasting their valuable season/time with the guy.

He has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is NOT a winner.

Spending a year or two (the way we have) spinning the organizations wheels with a proven LOSER...
I just dont see any other team stupid enough to do do that.

We get a pass since we did not know... but now we have shown the league who the guy is.

If I was a fan of another team.... I'd scream bloody murder if they traded for him.

Remember all the guys who came here from Chicago and warned us?
They were a small minority who knew then what we all know now.

And then there are the perplexing guys who followed him here like groupies...

I mean... what the heck was up with that anyway?

I just do NOT see anyone giving a 4th round pick for him.

Lancane
12-17-2010, 01:19 AM
Disagree.

His salary, and his losing... I just can't see a team actually wastign their valuable time with the guy.

He has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is NOT a winner.

Spending a year or two (the way we have) spinning the organizations wheels with a proven LOSER..

I just dont see any other team stupid enough to do do that.

We get a pass since we did not know... but now we have shown the league who the guy is.

If I was a fan of another team.... I'd scream bloody murder if they traded for him.

Remember all the guy s who came her from Chicago and warned us?
And then there are the perplexing guys who followed him here like groupies...

I mean... what the heck was up with that anyway?

I just do NOT see anyone giving a 4th round pick for him.

Damn, you give him more value then I did, I have us getting a 5th round pick for him! Hell, doesn't have to be a high fifth round pick either!

:lol:

chazoe60
12-17-2010, 09:18 AM
We gave a fifth rounder for him and since then he has done nothing to up that value. He has proven to be injury prone, mistake prone, and loss prone. Who in their right mind would give us more than a fifth for him?

BroncoStud
12-17-2010, 09:36 AM
It's hard for me to see a team trading to get Orton, it really is. He just isn't a QB that I would want anywhere near my offense as anything other than a backup, which he clearly doesn't see himself as.

Hopefully someone's front office will be as stupid as ours has been and try to acquire him.