PDA

View Full Version : Upset Special of Week 1

Medford Bronco
09-03-2008, 06:59 PM
I have a strong feeling that Chad Pennington is going to outduel
Favre Fins 24 Pack I mean J E T S 21

The Dolphins are finally run by a real GM now and will be much improved this year. They are playing at home on week one and as Broncos fans we all know how hard it can be to win in Miami in September.

The Dolphins are a better team than they were last year by default.

discuss of you like

Northman
09-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Possible but im not quite sure Miami is up to the task just yet. Before Favre landed there it would of been a shoe in for Miami to win it. With Favre, i highly doubt it. Overall Favre is just going to have more weapons at his disposal.

Skinny
09-03-2008, 07:16 PM
Dang it Med! I picked the J E T S to win in the survival league so i hope this is'nt a bad omen or something.

And Chad Pennington outdueling anybody let alone Brett Favre is'nt just an upset special, it's a miracle!

Medford Bronco
09-03-2008, 07:44 PM
I hear you both. I just feel that winning in Miami is always tough in Sep (minus last season of course)

I like to be different and try to find a new wrinkle. It boring picking the favs all the time ;)

bengaaaaals1688
09-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Oakland Raiders 27 Denver Broncos 17.:coffee::D

BroncoJoe
09-03-2008, 07:48 PM
No score, but I believe Houston will beat the Steelers.

Bronco9798
09-03-2008, 07:52 PM
I like the Chiefs over the Patriots in week 14 of 2043.

Northman
09-03-2008, 07:53 PM

I think so too, at least i hope they beat them. Go Matt Schaub.

BroncoJoe
09-03-2008, 07:58 PM
i Like The Chiefs Over The Patriots In Week 14 Of 2043.

Lmao!

Medford Bronco
09-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Oakland Raiders 27 Denver Broncos 17.:coffee::D

how about the Ravens over the as the Bengals. the classic underachieving team ;)

ps I dont believe that btw. the ravens suck too bad to beat the Bengals at least right now.

Medford Bronco
09-03-2008, 10:52 PM
I like the Chiefs over the Patriots in week 14 of 2043.

Bill Bellichecks great grandson Tommy Bellicheck is the coach and gets susupended indefinately stealing infared signals using the NASA station, intercepting the Texans playbook from afar. Tommy will not be reinstated until the 2045 season :lol:

The Chiefs still have not won a playoff game since Joe Montana in 1994 as of 2043 ;) and the Hawaii Cardinals have gone 77 years since their last 10 win season in 1977 while they were in St Louis :laugh:

bengaaaaals1688
09-03-2008, 11:00 PM
how about the Ravens over the as the Bengals. the classic underachieving team ;)

ps I dont believe that btw. the ravens suck too bad to beat the Bengals at least right now.

I don't actually believe the Raiders will beat the Broncos, I just wanted to spark some debate or something with it.

slim
09-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Chad Pennington couldn't out deul the Olson twins.

Medford Bronco
09-04-2008, 12:53 AM
Chad Pennington couldn't out deul the Olson twins.

and Farve, Im retired, not Im not, yes I am

is capable of throwing 5 pics in the game.

Pennington is better than people give him credit for and he was left out to dry by Eric the Rat. I hope Miami kills the Jets for that reason alone.

tboltzcali
09-04-2008, 03:06 AM
I dont see the dolphins beating the jets, but I do see the Bucs upsetting the Saints.

dogfish
09-04-2008, 03:41 AM
quick, name miami's cornerbacks. . . .

yea, no way those stiffs stop coles and cotchery, not with a quarterback throwing to them that doesn't have an arm made of playdough. . .

i'll take houston over pitt also-- mario williams and amobi okoye will make that O-line look like the trash that it is. . . willie parker won't find any daylight, and big ben will feel like he just went off that windshield again. . .

omac
09-04-2008, 06:15 AM
I have a strong feeling that Chad Pennington is going to outduel
Favre Fins 24 Pack I mean J E T S 21

The Dolphins are finally run by a real GM now and will be much improved this year. They are playing at home on week one and as Broncos fans we all know how hard it can be to win in Miami in September.

The Dolphins are a better team than they were last year by default.

discuss of you like

Nice!

I actually looked back at my pick, coz I wasn't sure if I picked the Fins or the Jets. I picked the Jets, but I can definitely see the Fins winning this one.

The Fins are about running the ball, using the clock, and not making mistakes ... when Chad was released by the Jets, I posted that Parcels would be interested, and he was.

It also won't hurt that Chad knows the Jets offense and defense like the back of his hand. He'll know the tendencies of Cotchery and Coles. Favre is the wildcard, but if he tries to play like a hero, that will fall into Parcel's plan.

Dang, now I'm thinking of changing my pick .... :D

omac
09-04-2008, 06:23 AM
Btw, maybe this can be moved to the other teams section, maybe even pinned for weekly upsets and such. :cheers:

dogfish
09-08-2008, 04:00 AM

I think so too, at least i hope they beat them. Go Matt Schaub.

i'll take houston over pitt also-- mario williams and amobi okoye will make that O-line look like the trash that it is. . . willie parker won't find any daylight, and big ben will feel like he just went off that windshield again. . .

well, we all look like geniuses. . . especially me!

:fear:

:laugh:

Northman
09-08-2008, 08:33 AM
well, we all look like geniuses. . . especially me!

:fear:

:laugh:

Yea, that was a beatdown of epic proportions. I feel bad for kubes. Thats not how you want to start a season, especially in that fashion.

BroncoJoe
09-08-2008, 08:37 AM

:couch: