PDA

View Full Version : Broncos will get offers for all three of their QBs

robert ethan
12-16-2010, 01:05 AM
...during the off season. Who goes and who stays will depend a lot on the new administration, obviously, but also on the depth of other team's interest in each of the three guys. If someone out there really likes Tebow, they may get such a good offer they stick with Orton and/or Quinn, and draft another prospect.

If a team wants to win now, but is lacking at the position like Minnesota, they may be willing to pay top price for Orton. Or possibly Orton and Lloyd as a package. In that case the club could go with Tebow and Quinn and maybe pick up a waiver wire vet to back them up.

I just think as much depends on the market for the guys as anything else. Also their respective attitudes toward remaining in Denver. I doubt all three of them are happy here. It may be a case of the team keeping the least unhappy camper by default.

Buff
12-16-2010, 01:13 AM
Whether we like it or not, Orton doesn't hold much trade value. Even Lloyd won't fetch a whole lot on the open market. GM's aren't going to look at Lloyd and Orton's one year of solid production out of their 7-8 year careers and give up high draft picks for them. They will be looked at as benefitiaries of McD's pass happy offense.

Best case scenario: Orton fetches us a 3rd rounder - and that's probably being optimistic. I'd rather keep him around as a backup than get a Day 3 draft pick out of him.

UrbanBounca
12-16-2010, 01:17 AM
MN is going to go for Kevin Kolb. I don't really know of anyone really willing to pay top dollar for Orton. He hasn't proven anything, except how to lead the league in garbage yardage.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

dogfish
12-16-2010, 03:27 AM
Whether we like it or not, Orton doesn't hold much trade value. Even Lloyd won't fetch a whole lot on the open market. GM's aren't going to look at Lloyd and Orton's one year of solid production out of their 7-8 year careers and give up high draft picks for them. They will be looked at as benefitiaries of McD's pass happy offense.

Best case scenario: Orton fetches us a 3rd rounder - and that's probably being optimistic. I'd rather keep him around as a backup than get a Day 3 draft pick out of him.

that seems fair. . .

make it a third for lloyd instead, and call it a day. . .

we have too many good receivers to get them all on the field, and lloyd's contract is up at the end of the season. . . why pay a guy his age when we have two cheap, promising young draft picks under contract along with matt willis for basically nothing? we need to move one of those receivers and get some damn D-linemen and safeties in here, pronto-- and preferrably a right tackle and a real speed back to pair with knowshon. . .

no signing WRs to deals. . . we need to target the likes of cullen jenkins, paul soliai, aubrayo franklin, david harris or possibly marcedes lewis if any of them hits the market. . .

draft some legitimate beef for the DL and start that developmental project now. . . as long as we re-sign harris or draft a competent ORT, we've got enough on offense for a solid coaching staff to get by with for a year. . . those DLs DO take time to develop, though-- they need to learn from the mistakes of the previous two regimes and get a jump start on that process, IMO. . . i hate to be a broken record about it, but it's what i believe. . . can't speak for anyone else, but i know i'll be more patient with the next regime through a bad year or two if they're at least building a good foundation. . .

in regards to the QB situation, i'd trade qiunn for anything we can get or cut him and sign some other scrub if we have to, and move on-- let orton and tebow compete in camp for an unbiased coaching staff, and then we can make a more permanent decision at the end of the year, after the new staff gets to evaluate both QBs as well as getting a good idea of the rest of the team needs. . .

Tned
12-16-2010, 03:32 AM
I'm not sure what's worse, a 3-9 Broncos season, or a serve crash and database errors...

Ok, I'll go with 3-9 as being worse.

Any chance Cleveland will offer us Hillis and two 6th's for Quinn?

Lancane
12-16-2010, 03:42 AM
If someone wants a veteran backup who can start while grooming a prospect, then Orton has some value to that team, but they're not going to give a fairly high or valuable pick for someone who looks burnt out. If he'd not have been horrid the last two games and continued to put up fair numbers then he could have had much better value...but that's not the case.

Just a guesstimation, but Denver trades Orton to Minnesota for a 5th round pick in the 2011 NFL draft and conditional pick in the 2012 draft.

Tim has the most value of all the quarterbacks on our roster, he's an unknown and I'm sure McDaniels wasn't the only one interested in drafting him. And, depending on where McDaniels lands, especially if as an offensive coordinator, he could possibly get his new team to make an offer for Tebow, especially if it could save them from using a first round pick on a quarterback prospect and that could be a factor for anyone interested.

If Denver doesn't feel that he's the future and put word out there that they're willing to listen to offers, then I could see Cincinnati giving up their second round pick in the 2011 NFL draft along with a conditional in 2012 depending on his play that will either be worth a 2nd or a 4th round pick.

Quinn...could end up being the one who doesn't have much worth and could remain on the roster by default.

silkamilkamonico
12-16-2010, 04:03 AM
Quinn and Orton...who cares. Take what you can get for them.

Lloyd. You re-sign him. I don't care if it is only 1 year, the dude made some crazy plays this year and has turned into a very good WR.

Outside of Lloyd we have

Royal....meh
DThomas..lots of potential, lots of problems staying on the field.
Gaffney...out
Willis/Decker who I don't think much of either.

IMHO find a way to keep Lloyd.

sneakers
12-16-2010, 05:08 AM
MN is going to go for Kevin Kolb. I don't really know of anyone really willing to pay top dollar for Orton. He hasn't proven anything, except how to lead the league in garbage yardage.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

And historically, the Vikings have liked these kinds of players!!!

NameUsedBefore
12-16-2010, 06:02 AM
Trade Tim Tebow back to the Philippines for Manny Pacquiao.

Clipworthy
12-16-2010, 07:19 AM
If they can get a 3rd for Orton....it would be a miracle. Getting a current player might be more realistic.

SOCALORADO.
12-16-2010, 09:15 AM
Quinn and Orton...who cares. Take what you can get for them.

Lloyd. You re-sign him. I don't care if it is only 1 year, the dude made some crazy plays this year and has turned into a very good WR.

Outside of Lloyd we have

Royal....meh
DThomas..lots of potential, lots of problems staying on the field.
Gaffney...out
Willis/Decker who I don't think much of either.

IMHO find a way to keep Lloyd.

Package Orton/Quinn and get a defensive player. Anyone who can start. I dont care.
Keep Lloyd. Hes proven himself, and seems really excited about playing in DEN, and thats a good thing. He has done everything right all year, and has only impressed. Solid, go-to WR's are a highly sought after commodity in the league. I agree. Keep him.
If anything, i would actually be open to DEN listening to offers for Royal.
Now, theres a player who could fetch a serious pick or player in a deal to the right team.
Gaffney, yeah, see ya.
Willis/Decker i think both have really big potential. Keep em, and lets see what we got.
Steve Breaston is a FA in the offseason too. Could be a guy DEN could look at if they lost a couple WR's.

BroncoStud
12-16-2010, 09:59 AM
If someone wants a veteran backup who can start while grooming a prospect, then Orton has some value to that team, but they're not going to give a fairly high or valuable pick for someone who looks burnt out. If he'd not have been horrid the last two games and continued to put up fair numbers then he could have had much better value...but that's not the case.

Just a guesstimation, but Denver trades Orton to Minnesota for a 5th round pick in the 2011 NFL draft and conditional pick in the 2012 draft.

Tim has the most value of all the quarterbacks on our roster, he's an unknown and I'm sure McDaniels wasn't the only one interested in drafting him. And, depending on where McDaniels lands, especially if as an offensive coordinator, he could possibly get his new team to make an offer for Tebow, especially if it could save them from using a first round pick on a quarterback prospect and that could be a factor for anyone interested.

If Denver doesn't feel that he's the future and put word out there that they're willing to listen to offers, then I could see Cincinnati giving up their second round pick in the 2011 NFL draft along with a conditional in 2012 depending on his play that will either be worth a 2nd or a 4th round pick.

Quinn...could end up being the one who doesn't have much worth and could remain on the roster by default.

That theory falls as Orton appears that he isn't interested in mentoring any young QB during the grooming phase. We essentially have a backup (Orton), a 3rd stringer (Quinn) and an unknown (Tebow) on the roster. Orton has the most value because he had a statistically good season, he MIGHT warrant a 4th rounder, maybe.

Juriga72
12-16-2010, 10:19 AM
We could trade Kyle to the JETS.... For maybe their "Strength and Conditioning coach" ..... Did you see that tackle he made? Dude is a beast...

Ravage!!!
12-16-2010, 11:34 AM
Traditionally, starting QBs have fetched a second in the open market. If a team is willing to trade for Orton, and for him to be the starter (such as a situation in Minnesota or AZ...but more Minnesota because their window is closing) then I would expect a 2nd or third, despite Orton not being top caliber.

That being said, I've NEVER seen a trade that involves a QB-WR combo. So that certainly won't happen.

But I wouldn't mind trading away lloyd, IF we are able to since his contract is expired at the end of the season. Llod hasn't shown much for 7 years, and has a nice season. But he's looking to get paid, and he admitted that his problems in the past were due to lack of effort. Whats it going to be like when he can lean back and enjoy the bigger pay check?

If he has value, use it and trade him away now. It's not like we are a team that is just soooo close that we should keep the aged vets. We are young, and we are dumb. Might as well have them all grow up in the NFL together (seems I was VERY excited about this after the 06-07-08 draft).

NO ONE wanted Quinn when teams were basically offering him for free in Cleveland.... so I don't know how we expect to get a single offer to trade for him, when he didn't have value before and has done absolutely nothing to improve upon that.

TXBRONC
12-16-2010, 11:54 AM
I think the new coaching staff will keep him around even if Tebow is the starter because it's important to have a servicable back up quarterback. Right now what other servicable quarterbacks will be out there that could back up Tebow if the event that he does become the starter next season? I think only way trade Orton is if an offer is made that is to good to pass up.

broncohead
12-16-2010, 12:27 PM
I think we'll be fine with Thomas, Decker, and Royal. Lloyd had some good catches but we have more pressing needs then to dish out a contract to someone that had one decent season. I'd jump all over a 3rd for Orton and Lloyd.

Cugel
12-16-2010, 12:31 PM

It makes NO sense to trade Orton. His trade value is negligible as you note, and he's a good veteran QB who can start. He's just not a franchise QB to build for the future with.

If you surround him with talent: a good, solid OL that can run and pass block, RBs who can move the pile (like, alas, Hillis and Torain), WRs who can get open in traffic and are experienced enough to break off routes when the QB is in trouble, then he will succeed.

Just don't expect him to carry a team when there's ZERO defense and NO running game. When he has to constantly score on every series just to keep the team in the game and constantly come back. That's just too tough on Orton.

I think he just wore down from all the pressure, and all the hits and the endless discouraging failure that this team presented. He looks shell-shocked out there.

But, get some more talent on defense so the offense won't be under such pressure all the time and he can do well enough until Tebow or a rookie is ready. Or he can back up Tebow and step in if Tebow falters (which is about 50% likely).

Tebow's value is probably a lot less than fans hope. He should probably have been a high 2nd round pick. Now he's probably at best worth a 3rd rounder.

My estimate would be that Orton is worth a 4th rounder maybe and Tebow perhaps a 3rd or 4th. Once you drive a new car off the lot its value declines by 1/3. Why? It's the same car it was 5 minutes before. Answer: That's just the way it is.

Same thing with draft choices. Once you draft them the guy is simply not worth the same pick to some other team. Don't argue with me. That's just reality in the NFL. :coffee:

That's rather a lot. They are more likely to consider how they can land Luck. That would be easier than spending time on Tebow, when he's not considered that great a prospect.

NFL GMs have to wonder -- if Tebow's so great why didn't McDaniels put him into the game even when he was about to lose his job? Why is Denver trading him now?

If he's a franchise QB then why are they giving up on him? And if not then why would we want him? :coffee:

Quinn is the kind of QB you can always pick up at an NFL garage sale. He has ZERO value because if you are willing to put up with Brady Quinn, then you can find any number of other failed franchise QBs out there. Hell! Kyle Boller is still floating around somewhere, to name just one example -- if you want a guy who just never lived up to his potential. Or how about David Carr? Matt Leinart & Vince Young could be available! Or, how about JaMarcus Russell, Alex Smith & Jason Campbell? J.P. Losman anybody (just as soon as Seattle cuts him again)? :coffee:

If that hideous parade of the damned isn't enough for you, there are plenty more former 1st round picks and failed franchise QBs you could probably disinter from whatever mausoleum they currently haunt, who can then come in and lead your team . . . nowhere!

Byron Leftwich & Rex Grossman -- Come On Down! :coffee:

Cugel
12-16-2010, 12:39 PM
I think we'll be fine with Thomas, Decker, and Royal. Lloyd had some good catches but we have more pressing needs then to dish out a contract to someone that had one decent season. I'd jump all over a 3rd for Orton and Lloyd.

Lloyd and Ryan Clady are the ONLY players on the entire offense worth keeping! And you want to trade him? :tsk:

The defense has even fewer! Bailey and Dawkins may not be back. That leaves D.J. and Elvis as the SOLE defensive starters who could land starting jobs on any other teams in this league!

That's 4 starters out of 22 if you're counting!

The ONE thing they can't do is give up what little talent they have remaining. That fatal practice is exactly what got Josh McDaniels FIRED!

See talent in Hillis, Torain, Marshall & Cutler -- get rid of it. Bring in a bunch of failures and scrubs! Now we've got guys who fit into "the system." Whoo! Hoo! :coffee:

It just occurred to me that if Shanny had left McDaniels a bunch of talent on defense too, McDaniels would probably have driven THEM off as well! :coffee:

Now the new coach and GM have to replace virtually the entire team. They have to keep SOME players and it damn well better be the few who have real talent!

broncohead
12-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Lloyd and Ryan Clady are the ONLY players on the entire offense worth keeping! And you want to trade him? :tsk:

The defense has even fewer! Bailey and Dawkins may not be back. That leaves D.J. and Elvis as the SOLE defensive starters who could land starting jobs on any other teams in this league!

That's 4 starters out of 22 if you're counting!

The ONE thing they can't do is give up what little talent they have remaining. That fatal practice is exactly what got Josh McDaniels FIRED!

See talent in Hillis, Torain, Marshall & Cutler -- get rid of it. Bring in a bunch of failures and scrubs! Now we've got guys who fit into "the system." Whoo! Hoo! :coffee:

It just occurred to me that if Shanny had left McDaniels a bunch of talent on defense too, McDaniels would probably have driven THEM off as well! :coffee:

Now the new coach and GM have to replace virtually the entire team. They have to keep SOME players and it damn well better be the few who have real talent!

He made a couple good catches but when your the only target (see Marshall) that your QB will throw to it's not hard to put up numbers. What has he done in the previous years in the league? Royal had a good rookie season until McD blew up the team. He's a better WR imo

silkamilkamonico
12-16-2010, 01:42 PM
He made a couple good catches but when your the only target (see Marshall) that your QB will throw to it's not hard to put up numbers. What has he done in the previous years in the league? Royal had a good rookie season until McD blew up the team. He's a better WR imo

He made great plays throughout the entire year. He was hardly the entire target all year, there were some games he didn't get looked at until the second half. Who cares what he's done in previous years, he's arrived right now. Royal is about as one dimensional of a WR as we have on this team. I like him but IMHO he is certainly not a better WR than Lloyd.

broncohead
12-16-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm just not sold on him as a starter and was more of a product of the system just like Orton. Royal has a good rookie season then disapears when McD comes just like most of Shannys guys

silkamilkamonico
12-16-2010, 01:53 PM
I'm just not sold on him as a starter and was more of a product of the system just like Orton. Royal has a good rookie season then disapears when McD comes just like most of Shannys guys

I think Royal was simply a product of Shanny's system just like you think Lloyd was a product of McDaniels system. I'm now thinking we should possibly just trade them both. I bet we could get great value for Royal from Washington as i think he's simply a system WR as well and only in that system.

robert ethan
12-16-2010, 01:57 PM
Orton has value. He may not be a franchise QB, but those players don't get traded in any case. Kyle is the best of what might be available on the QB market this spring. Just being the best of what's available enhances your value considerably. That happens all the time in the draft. If you're regarded as the best QB available you probably go first overall. Some other QB squeezes by you a tiny fraction and you drop into the second round. As I said, true franchise QBs don't get traded, and Kyle has shown that he can carry a team for stretches of time, be a good teammate as a backup if necessary, and isn't going to embarass you off the field. Unless he grows the neck beard again.

TXBRONC
12-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Orton has value. He may not be a franchise QB, but those players don't get traded in any case. Kyle is the best of what might be available on the QB market this spring. Just being the best of what's available enhances your value considerably. That happens all the time in the draft. If you're regarded as the best QB available you probably go first overall. Some other QB squeezes by you a tiny fraction and you drop into the second round. As I said, true franchise QBs don't get traded, and Kyle has shown that he can carry a team for stretches of time, be a good teammate as a backup if necessary, and isn't going to embarass you off the field. Unless he grows the neck beard again.

I don't agree that Orton has shown that he can carry a team for stretches of time. He has shown the opposite. A quarterback carrying a football team is one that gets you wins everything isn't in working order. Since becoming our starting quarterback Denver has had four 4 game losing streaks dating back to the midway point of last year. Orton started 15 of those 16 loses. I don't think that qualifies for carrying a team.

Lancane
12-16-2010, 03:13 PM
It makes NO sense to trade Orton. His trade value is negligible as you note, and he's a good veteran QB who can start. He's just not a franchise QB to build for the future with.

Actually Cugel, it makes a lot of sense to trade Orton, especially with the money he'll be owed this coming season. Tebow as a first round pick is due the equivalent of 6.6 million over a five year span, and even though his contract is team friendly, when you calculate skill-set to production, Orton isn't worth half of what he'll be owed by the team and to alleviate that burden fiscally, sometimes you take the best trade offered.

Tebow's value is probably a lot less than fans hope. He should probably have been a high 2nd round pick. Now he's probably at best worth a 3rd rounder.

My estimate would be that Orton is worth a 4th rounder maybe and Tebow perhaps a 3rd or 4th. Once you drive a new car off the lot its value declines by 1/3. Why? It's the same car it was 5 minutes before. Answer: That's just the way it is.

A new regime, a new quarterback...that's become the trend in the NFL as has proven quarterbacks as backups to the starters. I don't really feel that Denver is going to put feelers out mentioning that he's available...but I wouldn't be surprised if teams would be interested in him, especially if they can save themselves from spending a first round pick on the position. Look at Miami with Marshall, they could have gone with Bryant but instead gave up two second round picks. And I have to disagree with the car comparison, because if that's the case...then some teams will look at the car (Tebow) as a new model, barely driven, fully detailed and upgraded from the basic car it was when it left the lot.

I understand what you're trying to get at...but teams have proven that if they like a quarterback for whatever reason, they're willing to give up some value to get him, all you have to do is look at Seattle, Chicago and Houston to understand that. Plus, you're not buying just the upgraded, coached Tim Tebow, you're buying the image he brings to an organization, his infectious personality and qualities along with his marketed value which is huge, look at jersey sales alone. You're trading for much more then a quarterback when you trade for Tebow, all in all...yeah, he's rather valuable...and especially to an organization having issues with turnouts and low fan ratings or even need a new image.

dogfish
12-16-2010, 03:22 PM
I understand what you're trying to get at...but teams have proven that if they like a quarterback for whatever reason, they're willing to give up some value to get him, all you have to do is look at Seattle, Chicago and Houston to understand that.

that is a good point. . . if charlie freakin' whitehurst had value, orton certainly still has some. . .

I Eat Staples
12-16-2010, 03:46 PM
If we can get a 3rd for Lloyd, by all means take it. Lloyd isn't a star, he's just proof that you don't need great WRs to be a successful passing team. Gaffney should be gone and I really hope DT is healthy enough to get on the field next year early and often.

Also, Quinn probably has no value at this point. His value was incredibly low when we acquired him, and after spending a year as the 3rd string QB no one will trade for him.

Lancane
12-16-2010, 05:03 PM
If we can get a 3rd for Lloyd, by all means take it. Lloyd isn't a star, he's just proof that you don't need great WRs to be a successful passing team. Gaffney should be gone and I really hope DT is healthy enough to get on the field next year early and often.

Also, Quinn probably has no value at this point. His value was incredibly low when we acquired him, and after spending a year as the 3rd string QB no one will trade for him.

Lloyd is not going anywhere, the team would look foolish and though I don't buy that Brandon Lloyd is as good as he has been this year, you don't trade your best overall wideout when you have questions at the position. We have no clue if Thomas is going to translate to the NFL, and he's already looking to be injury prone. Royal's numbers are mundane, Decker is looking promising and Gaffney is rather non-existent unless Lloyd is hapless.

Now if someone offers you a second round pick for Lloyd, then you have to consider it. But he's had such an iffy career that I don't see someone offering that much...but then again, you never know. Royal is the receiver I feel is expendable, he hasn't helped in special teams and that was where a lot of his value had come from when we drafted him, but he proved he could play at the receiver position, and if he has a fairly good season...I could see Denver giving him up for a third round pick.

I'll say this, no one should feel secure give most of the offensive line. This team is rather expendable from a management and even a coaching standpoint. In the same sense they can not deplete the roster, purging themselves of talent or they lack the ability to improve, let alone win.

broncohead
12-16-2010, 05:04 PM

But look at his stats!!

lol jk haha

BroncoStud
12-16-2010, 05:04 PM
Royal is a good WR, Orton focuses on Lloyd, I promise you Royal would have more catches if Orton wasn't locked onto Lloyd.

Decker looks promising, Willis had a great Preseason, DThomas looks good WHEN healthy... I don't think I would make any changes to the WR corps other than letting Gaffney walk.

robert ethan
12-16-2010, 06:57 PM
Half of them are there with a quarterback they traded for. Someone else's second stringer or outcast...including Brees, Schaub, Cassell, Cutler, Garrard and Vick. I think Orton's production compares with most of them at the point they were traded. Quinn's too, for that matter.

TXBRONC
12-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Half of them are there with a quarterback they traded for. Someone else's second stringer or outcast...including Brees, Schaub, Cassell, Cutler, Garrard and Vick. I think Orton's production compares with most of them at the point they were traded. Quinn's too, for that matter.

Orton's stats do compare Bees' stats however, the win totals do not. Brees two years before he was traded not only had pro bowl season he also had division title under his belt.

robert ethan
12-16-2010, 07:19 PM
Still, Orton's situation is a bit similar to Brees in that he had a decent season his first year in Denver and his team still felt compelled to use a first round draft pick on a QB. I'm sure teams are aware that success can be had with an acquired vet at the QB position, and not just by going through the slow, tortuous, process of developing your own prospect.

As for Quinn, I'm sure that evaluators are going to look at the Browns and see that their quarterbacking isn't any better than it was a year ago despite bringing in three new players and developing a strong running game. Obviously Brady wasn't the problem there.

Tebow has shown no reason that he WON'T succeed as an NFL QB. From his college record, to his Combine performance, to his work with veteran NFL coachs on his passing mechanics, to his demonstrated work ethic, to his preseason performance, to his regular season performance so far. He had better passing numbers than Bradford in the preseason in roughly the same amount of snaps. Better than McCoy, Clausen, and pretty much all the other rookie QBs as well.

Dzone
12-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Its crazy what teams will give up for a quarterback. Sometimes they will give up way more than the qb is worth, just to get someone who is an improvement on what they have. Look what Mcdaniels gave away for Quinn, who played horrific last year. He was thought to be an improvement over Orton

TXBRONC
12-16-2010, 07:37 PM
Still, Orton's situation is a bit similar to Brees in that he had a decent season his first year in Denver and his team still felt compelled to use a first round draft pick on a QB. I'm sure teams are aware that success can be had with an acquired vet at the QB position, and not just by going through the slow, tortuous, process of developing your own prospect.

As for Quinn, I'm sure that evaluators are going to look at the Browns and see that their quarterbacking isn't any better than it was a year ago despite bringing in three new players and developing a strong running game. Obviously Brady wasn't the problem there.

Tebow has shown no reason that he WON'T succeed as an NFL QB. From his college record, to his Combine performance, to his work with veteran NFL coachs on his passing mechanics, to his demonstrated work ethic, to his preseason performance, to his regular season performance so far. He had better passing numbers than Bradford in the preseason in roughly the same amount of snaps. Better than McCoy, Clausen, and pretty much all the other rookie QBs as well.

Brees had a sub par 2003 season, the Chargers then drafted Manning and ultimately traded for Rivers in the 2004 draft. Brees remained starter for 2004 partly because Rivers had protracted hold out that was enough break for Brees that he took off. As I said to small degree Brees' season and Orton's first year are similar it comes down wins and loses. The Chargers with Brees at the helm had winning record in both '04 and '05. That's not the case with Orton and that's why I don't think he would garner more than mid round pick.

claymore
12-16-2010, 08:10 PM
Orton melting down into retard pee pants mode when the game is on the line wont bring the callers a calling.

BroncoWave
12-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Orton melting down into retard pee pants mode when the game is on the line wont bring the callers a calling.

Yeah, I think Orton peaked at his 72 yard pass in high school.

Krugan
12-16-2010, 08:22 PM
Its crazy what teams will give up for a quarterback. Sometimes they will give up way more than the qb is worth, just to get someone who is an improvement on what they have. Look what Mcdaniels gave away for Quinn, who played horrific last year. He was thought to be an improvement over Orton

I dont think it was to improve over Orton, but to improve over whatever junk we had behind him.

But that is just my thought.