PDA

View Full Version : Orton has "Sore" Arm

WARHORSE
12-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Apparently his arm is sore.

They are resting him.

Tebow getting more reps?

Kiyle said his arm isnt sore, he was throwin 70 yds in practice.

(must have been a blustery day, eh Kyle?)

Read more: Broncos' Orton has 'sore' arm, doesn't throw in practice - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16866092#ixzz18DXhAZXW
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Ravage!!!
12-15-2010, 04:18 PM
heh.. sounds like the coaches are saying " Hey, uhmm... Kyle. Don't you have a sore arm? You do,right? It's sore? I mean, if you say its too sore to throw, then we can work Tebow in with the first unit without people coming up with speculation about you being replaced. Its sore, right?"

WARHORSE
12-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Thats the impression I get...........and good.

I hope Tebowski plays the whole game.

Northman
12-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Breaking out the pack of Tebowlicious.

Dreadnought
12-15-2010, 04:27 PM
heh.. sounds like the coaches are saying " Hey, uhmm... Kyle. Don't you have a sore arm? You do,right? It's sore? I mean, if you say its too sore to throw, then we can work Tebow in with the first unit without people coming up with speculation about you being replaced. Its sore, right?"

Well, a pattern of passes burying their noses in the turf short of the intended receiver is circumstantial evidence as well :D

Seriously? He threw tolerably well for much of the year. It makes sense his arm is screwed up somehow given his recent dismal results

WARHORSE
12-15-2010, 04:27 PM
PFT just posted that Tebow and Quinn split the first team reps.

Orton says hes fine, nothing wrong with his arm.

Studsville says Ortons the starter.

Me thinks Tebow will see some playing time. Hoorayippeehaw......er....Im glad.:coffee:

HORSEPOWER 56
12-15-2010, 04:31 PM
If Kyle needs any help, I can make sure his arm is nice and sore...:secruity:

Bring in Tebow!

SoCalImport
12-15-2010, 04:36 PM
I like Kyle....BUT...He's come crashing back down to earth. Dude's a quality back-up in this league.
The future is now. It's time to see what Tebow can do. He may (probably will) suck these last couple of games of the season but it's valuable experience and I'm sure that's how he'll approach i too.

red98
12-15-2010, 04:45 PM
It's amazing how even the hint of playing Tebow this week has changed my attitude toward this weeks game from glum resignation to hopeful anticipation.

BroncoWave
12-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Sore arm huh? Clay can relate.

Ravage!!!
12-15-2010, 04:47 PM
If Kyle is saying his arm is fine, and the coaches have said that Kyle is the starter this week... this may be getting Tebow some practice time with the 1st unit, but I still expect Orton to start.

WARHORSE
12-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Kyle got the payday he needed and he deserved it.

But last week was an indictment against him he will never overcome.

Tebow will not come in and light it up.....but he will avoid the pass rush better than the statuesque Orton.

Orton has no more mobility than Brady, but Brady knows how to move in the pocket to avoid pressure while keeping his eyes downfield.

Tebow will have his ugly moments.

But I also think he will make some plays, and thats what we need right now.

Tebow plays this week. I guarantee it if Orton struggles at all.

But I wouldnt even be surprised if Tebow started.

Ravage!!!
12-15-2010, 05:04 PM
I'm not really sold tht Orton deserved that pay raise... especially for next year. I guess it keeps him here long enough to trade away.

slim
12-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Well, a pattern of passes burying their noses in the turf short of the intended receiver is circumstantial evidence as well :D

Seriously? He threw tolerably well for much of the year. It makes sense his arm is screwed up somehow given his recent dismal results

Exactly.

You don't go from an average (or maybe above average QB) to complete garbage in the span of two weeks. He is obviously hurt. At least that is the only explanation that makes sense.

TXBRONC
12-15-2010, 05:16 PM

I think irratic throwing goes back to the game against the Chargers. IIRC he took a particularly hard hit and he look like he was hurting and from that point forward his passes seemed to be off target the rest of the night.

Dzone
12-15-2010, 05:17 PM
whoever said Orton looks like Brett Favre on his Phantom sack he gave to Strahan was right. As soon as Orton sees an oncoming defensive player, he starts looking for a soft spot to lie down. Pitiful.

BroncoStud
12-15-2010, 05:30 PM
whoever said Orton looks like Brett Favre on his Phantom sack he gave to Strahan was right. As soon as Orton sees an oncoming defensive player, he starts looking for a soft spot to lie down. Pitiful.

:lol::lol::lol::laugh::laugh::laugh:

BroncoStud
12-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Sure sounds like Orton is going to hold on to that starting spot as long as he possibly can... Regardless of how much it holds the team back. He'll stink it up again this week because he doesn't have "sore" arm, he has DEAD arm. Looks like the same thing that happened to Delhomme last season, just couldn't make the throws. Hasselback seems to get it late in the year also, starts throwing a lot of passes short and inaccurate.

Lonestar
12-15-2010, 05:38 PM

Might have something to do with that shot to the rib cage also.

Which BTW is the reason he is not practicing so far this week. if anyone took the time to read the article

Kyle Orton says his arm is fine, that he's just "sore" after 13 games of a troubled season, but the Broncos appear to be treading lightly with their starter.

Orton, who exited the loss in Arizona with sore ribs that almost caused him to leave the game, did not throw a pass during the open period of today's practice. Rookie Tim Tebow appeared poised to take more of the work in practice.

Orton also did little during the team's stretching period, beyond some light jogging. Orton was receiving treatment on his ribs today.

Just before going out to practice Orton acknowledged being "sore," but would not specify his injuries. The Broncos will not release an injury report until later this afternoon, after they complete their workout.

Read more: Broncos' Orton has 'sore' arm, doesn't throw in practice - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16866092#ixzz18Dry6Jve
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

food for thought.

Lonestar
12-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Sure sounds like Orton is going to hold on to that starting spot as long as he possibly can... Regardless of how much it holds the team back. He'll stink it up again this week because he doesn't have "sore" arm, he has DEAD arm. Looks like the same thing that happened to Delhomme last season, just couldn't make the throws. Hasselback seems to get it late in the year also, starts throwing a lot of passes short and inaccurate.

Asked if he had a tired arm at this point in the season, Orton said, "I was throwing the ball 70 yards in practice last week. I don't have a dead arm."

Read more: Broncos' Orton has 'sore' arm, doesn't throw in practice - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16866092#ixzz18DsdmJfC

I think this defeats your premise.

Juriga72
12-15-2010, 05:46 PM
I think irratic throwing goes back to the game against the Chargers. IIRC he took a particularly hard hit and he look like he was hurting and from that point forward his passes seemed to be off target the rest of the night.

How dumb do you have to be to make the team suffer for a injury?

Seems then this injury would HAVE to be listed upon the NFL injury report. Has anyone seen Kyle listed on it?

Juriga72
12-15-2010, 05:49 PM

Yeah but he threw 7 balls 10 yards each.....

BroncoStud
12-15-2010, 05:53 PM

He can't throw a ball 50 yards in a game but he can throw it 70 yards in practice, when the Sunday before he short-hopping 7 yard curls? :elefant:

Yep, I'm going to take the word of a guy fighting to remain starter against all logic...

Tune in Sunday, observe a "dead arm" in action. :salute:

Lonestar
12-15-2010, 05:55 PM
How dumb do you have to be to make the team suffer for a injury?

Seems then this injury would HAVE to be listed upon the NFL injury report. Has anyone seen Kyle listed on it?

injury report is offical on FRIDAY.

Are you bitter about something other than Orton. Not sure about you but I've tried breathing with banged up ribs that was hard enough to do let alone throw a football.

Just maybe you should give the guy a tad of credit for not crying into the locker room.

Lonestar
12-15-2010, 05:58 PM
He can't throw a ball 50 yards in a game but he can throw it 70 yards in practice, when the Sunday before he short-hopping 7 yard curls? :elefant:

Yep, I'm going to take the word of a guy fighting to remain starter against all logic...

Tune in Sunday, observe a "dead arm" in action. :salute:

Hey I hope IF he is hurt they will play quin or Tebow whom ever is ready.

I just think you should give the guys some credit for having the guts to play in pain. He is a gamer. Not going to come out of the game unless he is yanked from the game.

That is the kind of player I want on my team. Sorry if you want a wuss to hide in the corner because he got hit, that is IF you do.

dogfish
12-15-2010, 06:03 PM

Exactly.

You don't go from an average (or maybe above average QB) to complete garbage in the span of two weeks. He is obviously hurt. At least that is the only explanation that makes sense.

seems like the only explanation to me. . . i just have a hard time believing that going in the tank mentally can change a guy's accuracy that much in two weeks time. . . i think broncostud (dude, gotta change that name, i can't type it with a straight face :lol: ) is right-- dude has a seriously dead arm right now. . . he isn't putting anything on it, the ball is sailing on him horribly. . .

shouldn't be a surprise-- his 498 passes are third in the league, and he's on pace for the most throws in a season in his career, by a wide margin. . .

it looked pretty clearly like he was hurt last week, when they were looking at his ribs on the sideline and tebow started warming up. . . orton was grimacing pretty badly-- he looked like he was in some serious pain. . . i'm guessing that he did some type of damage to his ribs, and whether either his ribs or arm is hurt, they're concealing it-- which of course you're not supposed to do, but it's very prevalent across the culture of pro sports. . . players conceal injuries for a number of reasons. . . looks to me like just another aspect of our awkward handling of this whole tebow situation. . .

someone in the FO structure apparently perceives that they have some vested interest in managing when tim gets on the field. . . the whole thing is silly and amateurish. . .

T.K.O.
12-15-2010, 06:04 PM
i thought you said "SNORE ARM ";)

Juriga72
12-15-2010, 06:05 PM
injury report is offical on FRIDAY.

Are you bitter about something other than Orton. Not sure about you but I've tried breathing with banged up ribs that was hard enough to do let alone throw a football.

Just maybe you should give the guy a tad of credit for not crying into the locker room.

Uh then last friday they would have to report a injury right? See.... LAST week after the KC game when he short hopped the ball to 2nd base.... Oh wait.

THEN this week he short hops a ton of balls also. YES.. I too have had 3 cracked ribs and guess what... I KNEW I would hurt my team so I said... "Coach...sorry I can't go."

Dragging your entire team down with you is NOT a leadership exercise. Its very much akin to Brett Farve this year complaining his elbow hurt when he made bad passes, yet .... his elbow seemed ok when the passes were good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_wy8ebqKbA

Excuses are like....... everyone has one. IF Kyle was hurt he should have told the team this. IF the team knew they have to by NFL law report ANY injury. Which is why a injury report comes out.

Dzone
12-15-2010, 06:06 PM
Orton just plain stinks, thats all there is to it. He is going down the same road Delhomme went last year. That is, he is getting worse each and every game...so we can expect him to play even worse against Oakland than he played in Arizona. He will stay in the game, no matter how crappy he plays. Oakland will pummel the Orton statuary on every pass play. Its going to be ugly.

Kenny
12-15-2010, 06:07 PM
P_wy8ebqKbA

slim
12-15-2010, 06:09 PM
Did somebody step on a duck?

TXBRONC
12-15-2010, 06:11 PM

I guess that detail didn't get reported. :lol:

Dzone
12-15-2010, 06:16 PM
Maybe it is good that Orton goes down so easy when someone as much as breaths on him because every time he tries to break a tackle, he fumbles.
He got shown up by a rookie qb from Fordham on sunday. Thats just plain pathetic. Im so sick and tired of Orton. No wonder Chicago fans were so happy to get rid of him

Superchop 7
12-15-2010, 06:19 PM
At the point that you have 8 losses, it is prudent to play the youngster for the future of the franchise. It also creates interest during a poor season for fan enthusiasm and also produces some leaguewide buzz. (Think Sunday night/ Monday night schedule for next year)

BroncoStud
12-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Hey I hope IF he is hurt they will play quin or Tebow whom ever is ready.

I just think you should give the guys some credit for having the guts to play in pain. He is a gamer. Not going to come out of the game unless he is yanked from the game.

That is the kind of player I want on my team. Sorry if you want a wuss to hide in the corner because he got hit, that is IF you do.

I want a guy that won't put himself above the team. If Orton is too hurt to effectively throw the football and lead the offense, he needs to have enough character to say so.

chazoe60
12-15-2010, 06:23 PM
The title is wrong. It should say Kyle Orton has a "POOR" arm.

Dzone
12-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Its great if Quinn and Tebow are getting some reps in practice. Problem is, we will see scrawny #8 on the field sunday. After every change of possession, we will all be hoping to see #15, but it will be #8. Just like it was against AZ...so lets not get our hopes up. We are stuck with Orton

Kenny
12-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Its great if Quinn and Tebow are getting some reps in practice. Problem is, we will see scrawny #8 on the field sunday. After every change of possession, we will all be hoping to see #15, but it will be #8. Just like it was against AZ...so lets not get our hopes up. We are stuck with Orton

It's like you're reading my thoughts.

claymore
12-15-2010, 06:35 PM

Ive seen him back dat ass up a couple times. Me thinks he is trying to get sacked. (He is a homosexual)

chazoe60
12-15-2010, 06:36 PM
I hope you're both wrong

dogfish
12-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Ive seen him back dat ass up a couple times. Me thinks he is trying to get sacked. (He is a homosexual)

top hates you for this post. . .

Ravage!!!
12-15-2010, 06:39 PM

top hates you for this post. . .

:lol: I thought we would see Top respond to this one, first

BroncoWave
12-15-2010, 06:45 PM
:lol: I thought we would see Top respond to this one, first

Top has been AWOL since Sunday.

slim
12-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Top was no further off in his evaluation of Orton than all the assclowns here that were/are calling Orton a noodle arm or a scrub.

As with most things, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Dzone
12-15-2010, 07:00 PM

Kyle Orton (now) has the arm of an old woman

Dzone
12-15-2010, 07:03 PM
I think he said he was gettin tired of all the PRO TEBOW talk on the game day thread...Saying something like it was becoming a Tim Tebow thread
:salute:

TXBRONC
12-15-2010, 07:09 PM

Maybe he has sore arm. :bolt:

J/K

BroncoStud
12-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Top was no further off in his evaluation of Orton than all the assclowns here that were/are calling Orton a noodle arm or a scrub.

Orton does have a noodle arm... I think that's pretty obvious when you watch him play.

PAINTERDAVE
12-15-2010, 07:23 PM
Rib cartilige is what I am hearing...
ever since the San Fran Game...

aggravated last week.

BroncoStud
12-15-2010, 07:30 PM

aggravated last week.

Yet he still wouldn't let them take him out of the game... Nonsense. Guy can't complete a 10 yard hitch but he won't let the backups come in and do their jobs.

Adios Kyle, I hope you don't play another down here in Denver.

weazel
12-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Thats the impression I get...........and good.

I hope Tebowski plays the whole game.

Tebow's a turd

this whole team stinks so he isn't really out of place

gobroncsnv
12-15-2010, 07:45 PM
This might explain why he's been great on the first drive of the past few games, then kinda goes south after that.... arm feels good enough to start, and he plays like it, but then the pain kicks back in, and the short throws commence. As far as him not being able to throw when he's healthy, that's the biggest load of crap I've seen posted.

Dzone
12-15-2010, 07:48 PM
Tebow's a turd

Then why are you wasting your time on this board?

pnbronco
12-15-2010, 07:57 PM

aggravated last week.

That's what they just said on the news. That both Quinn and Tebow got more reps in practice today.

chazoe60
12-15-2010, 08:01 PM
Tebow's a turd

It's funny how your sig is poking fun at what a tool Mel Kiper is yet, your post makes it sound like you drank his kool-aide as far as Tebow is concerned.

Cugel
12-15-2010, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by slim View Post

Orton DOES have a noodle arm! He's generally accurate out to about 15 yards and then he needs a running start and a heave to get it down field. He's not even been accurate at all the last few games, which means he's been basically horrible.

I'd say injuries have taken their toll. It's tough when you have to go out there week after week and get pummeled KNOWING that the defense is going to give up 45 or 50 points and that you have NO running game so the entire game comes down to you making a pass with 11 defenders breathing fire down your neck and trying to drive you into the ground on every play.

You get sore ribs? That's an understatement to what he's been going through.

Would I let Tebow play? Hell, yes! But, I wouldn't expect him to do anything. He's not ready.

I'd let him start one game and then after he gets pummeled and throws 3 or 4 INTs, say "We gave it a try and he's not ready." That would at least shut up all the fans and sportswriters until next season! :coffee:

And it would give Orton a rest to heal up so he can complete the season without the firestorm of nonsense.

PAINTERDAVE
12-15-2010, 08:05 PM
It's funny how your sig is poking fun at what a tool Mel Kiper is yet, your post makes it sound like you drank his kool-aide as far as Tebow is concerned.

LOL.. Good one Chaz

Krugan
12-15-2010, 08:32 PM
I dont buy the rib thing, i think its tennis elbow from angry masterbation...

One must work out frustration however possible.

Lonestar
12-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Just finished page two.

So much hate, so little time.

As for Orton he is a gamer will have to be carried off the field.

So plaese spare me the I'd do this or I'd do that as some of you do not have a clue on the dynamics on/in the field/ locker room.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Juriga72
12-15-2010, 08:35 PM
Just finished page two.

So plaese spare me the I'd do this or I'd do that as some of you do not have a clue on the dynamics on/in the field/ locker room.

You are so right... It is better to throw incomplete pass after incomplete pass. Going 3 and out is so much better than say..... letting someone else MAYBE win a game for your team.

Yeah... Kyle is a "Gamer" as long as that game is "Lets lose with Kyle"

chazoe60
12-15-2010, 08:38 PM
As far as Orton not coming out of the game:

To be fair to Orton I will never fault a guy for being competitive. I have been there, obviously not at that level, but I have hidden injuries or pretended to be healthier than I was so I could get back in the game.

While frustrated that a change wasn't made I was also proud that Orton would be a gamer in that way. I am much more upset at the coaching staff for not using that as an opportunity to get Orton out of the game without wounding his pride.

Juriga72
12-15-2010, 08:45 PM

To be fair to Orton I will never fault a guy for being competitive. I have been there, obviously not at that level, but I have hidden injuries or pretended to be healthier than I was so I could get back in the game.

While frustrated that a change wasn't made I was also proud that Orton would be a gamer in that way. I am much more upset at the coaching staff for not using that as an opportunity to get Orton out of the game without wounding his pride.

How about frustrated that the coaching staff could not figure out he was hurt. I mean..... all of a sudden he's missing throws this badly? And as a coach they could not figure this out as to maybe WHY he was so bad?

I coached at the club, high school and college levels and you damn well know when a kid is looking hurt. You spend as much time with a athlete you know why they are struggling.

I blame Kyle for not being truthful to the coaching staff, but I also will place blame upon this same coaching staff that they are too stupid to see the truth.

chazoe60
12-15-2010, 08:50 PM
How about frustrated that the coaching staff could not figure out he was hurt. I mean..... all of a sudden he's missing throws this badly? And as a coach they could not figure this out as to maybe WHY he was so bad?

I coached at the club, high school and college levels and you damn well know when a kid is looking hurt. You spend as much time with a athlete you know why they are struggling.

I blame Kyle for not being truthful to the coaching staff, but I also will place blame upon this same coaching staff that they are too stupid to see the truth.

I think this coaching staff is terrified of being the group of guys who put Tebow in. If Tebow looks bad, which he is going to look shaky at times no doubt, people will say "Who is this Studesville character that put Tebow in too early?"

It's all about the orders they are getting from the top in my opinion. They will play Tebow when they are told to. Just what I think is going on.

Lonestar
12-15-2010, 08:51 PM
I want a guy that won't put himself above the team. If Orton is too hurt to effectively throw the football and lead the offense, he needs to have enough character to say so.

Did you ever stop to think it was/is not just Orton making the decision.

Just maybe studes or mc Coy asked him to gut it out because they were not ready to put either Quinn or Tebow in being both of them were virgins last week.

When YOU know for sure it was Orton only get back to me.

Juriga72
12-15-2010, 08:57 PM

Just maybe studes or mc Coy asked him to gut it out because they were not ready to put either Quinn or Tebow in being both of them were virgins last week.

Seriously... after watching pass after pass after pass after pass bounce into the waiting arms of the relay at second base.......

Or maybe Studes is smart enough to let Kyle crap all over himself so bad that Pat madates tebow playing time.

get back to me on that, cause we are in for yet another craptastic fest as Oakland throws up 70 on us this week. But kyle is a "gamer"....."We'd rather lose with Kyle" game

HORSEPOWER 56
12-15-2010, 09:00 PM

So, now you think it was the coaches that when Orton said "I'm hurt" told him to gut it out and risk further injury because they didn't want to play a backup QB in a meaningless game???

I've seen reaches before, but C'mon man.

Or, it is more likely that Orton was getting his ribs looked at and they told Tebow to warm up and instead, Orton convinced them he was good-to-go then went back out and finished his worst statistical game (0 TDs, 3 Ints, 27 QBR) when he probably shouldn't have?

Dzone
12-15-2010, 09:11 PM
There are some players who dont have the strength and endurance to last a full 16 game season. It appears Orton has hit the wall. Physically he just doesnt seem to have it anymore. His body seems to be breaking down. 16 games is a long time. And they want to go to 18. That is going to be brutal. Not sure what the stats are but there does seem to be a lot of players going on IR this time of year. The human body does have its limits. I like Orton ok. I dont hate the guy, but I think he might be all used up at this time of the season.
Carmelo Anthony has kicked the Broncos off the top of the local sports news and talk shows. Screw Melo. I hope he goes to NJ and we get a ton of draft choices and their forward

Juriga72
12-15-2010, 09:11 PM
So, now you think it was the coaches that when Orton said "I'm hurt" told him to gut it out and risk further injury because they didn't want to play a backup QB in a meaningless game???

Or, it is more likely that Orton was getting his ribs looked at and they told Tebow to warm up and instead, Orton convinced them he was good-to-go then went back out and finished his worst statistical game (0 TDs, 3 Ints, 27 QBR) when he probably shouldn't have?

Well...
LAST year it was his ankle that kept Kyle down.... You know like all those Cherry Creek white kids listening to rap..."The MAN is holding him down"

What man...who knows. Just as long as Kyle has yet another excuse to be bad

Did you happen to see Big Ben get his scnoze busted on the first series of the game last week? ALL he did was play with a broken nose, getting hit in the face on almost every pass.... YET somehow he seemed to shrug off the effects and beat a pretty damn good team.

Heck.... Try Stafford last year. Gets knocked out of a game with less than a minute to go with a seperated shoulder, runs back on and wins throwing the game winning td pass. "But Kyle is a WARRIOR!!!!!!!!! those bounce passes dont throw themselfs!!!!"
Cry me a river Ortonites about "how bad he's hurt....."

Lonestar
12-15-2010, 09:24 PM

Good post..

But think in this manner would you want Tebow or Quinn in there WAITING on the play being called in by Mc Coy Hell it was bad enough that Orton had to listen to it.

Indecision getting the play in most likely cost us also, maybe even the wrong plys for a guven situation,.

lets hope that part improves this week also

Lonestar
12-15-2010, 09:28 PM

Just which coach has spent that much time with him.?

Hey might have been the guy that got fired last week.

But what the hell lets blame everyone.

Dzone
12-15-2010, 09:32 PM
The youth of the offensive line is probably a plus right now as players are fatiguing late in the season. They are playing better as a unit. Getting Moreno some dayilight.
How will the team respond to Tebow in the huddle? Thats something that isnt always seen in practice. A game brings out the best in people.
This Sundays game is full of high drama. Ya gotta love it. Like him or not, the whole Tebow topic is making a dreadful season at least interesting. Just think how bad it would be with nothing to look forward to?

Lonestar
12-15-2010, 09:44 PM
Seriously... after watching pass after pass after pass after pass bounce into the waiting arms of the relay at second base.......

Or maybe Studes is smart enough to let Kyle crap all over himself so bad that Pat madates tebow playing time.

get back to me on that, cause we are in for yet another craptastic fest as Oakland throws up 70 on us this week. But kyle is a "gamer"....."We'd rather lose with Kyle" game

Where does it say we have to win? Is that in the mission statement or something.

If Oak puts up 70 or a 120, I'm going to be a fan on Monday.

If we win all the better, but I'm not going to whine like a little boy who got punched in the gut.

If y'all think your hate and vitriol is going to change anything that happens on Sunday or next month when it is GM and HC picking season then I suspect you are in for a HUGE disappointment.

Lots of folks will be happy some will hate from the minute that changes are made JUST like last time.

Y'all will bitch and moan because Pat made a choice that you did not like.

If Y'all want a vote put some money up and buy a piece of the team, till then either enjoy the team or become a Bear, fin, dolt, brown fan.. add skins to the list.

I have received email from members that are not posting much anymore they pop in from time to time to see if it has clammed down, but then do not post because of the hate and nonsense, that is sometimes posted here.

One of the reason I have cut back in reading or posting here.

If that is how Y'all want it enjoy your selves, but some where down the line all of the opposing views will be gone. and how much fun will it be to have everyone agree with your every post.

Food for thought folks..

Oh BTW I here there is a few coaching spots open in Dove Valley I'm sure they would love to have a man with your knowledge and coaching experience.

Night night going to go something I enjoy.

dogfish
12-15-2010, 10:20 PM

actually, i think that's quite possible. . . did you see orton on the sideline? obviously i'm just guessing, but he didn't look to me like he wanted to go back in AT ALL-- JMO, but dude was slumping big time. . . it certainly wouldn't be the first time an athlete has been told to suck it up. . .

"hey kyle, we're paying you 8 million next year, and we need you to go back out there and cover for us". . . i can see that. . . to me, it makes at least as much sense as sending him back out when he clearly wasn't right. . . i don't want to get into any conspiracy theories or anything, but it sure does seem like someone has put a restriction on tebow playing-- whether it's the coaching staff or the FO. . .

but really, if he convinced them that he was "good to go," they're freakin' blind as well as dumb. . . i'm having a hard time believing it. . besides which, it's their job to see when a guy's ineffective and get him out-- athletes ARE going to lie about it, it's just part of the culture. . . they're trained to be tough, and their jobs are on the line as well as their pride. . . it's the coaching staff's responsibility to make proper determinations regardless. . .

spikerman
12-15-2010, 10:28 PM

Well, if Orton truly was hurt initially against the 49ers then the guy who spent a lot of time with him and got fired last week kept sending him out there too.

spikerman
12-15-2010, 10:38 PM
Where does it say we have to win? Is that in the mission statement or something. Actually yes. This is professional football, not little league. There are no prizes for participation. These guys are paid to win so I guess it kind of is in the mission statement.

If Oak puts up 70 or a 120, I'm going to be a fan on Monday.

If we win all the better, but I'm not going to whine like a little boy who got punched in the gut.

If y'all think your hate and vitriol is going to change anything that happens on Sunday or next month when it is GM and HC picking season then I suspect you are in for a HUGE disappointment.

Lots of folks will be happy some will hate from the minute that changes are made JUST like last time. What you call hate, many of us call disappointment. Along with that comes optimism that it would be difficult for the Broncos braintrust to make a worse choice this time than they did last time.

Y'all will bitch and moan because Pat made a choice that you did not like.
And those of us who didn't like the last choice have been totally vindicated.

If Y'all want a vote put some money up and buy a piece of the team, till then either enjoy the team or become a Bear, fin, dolt, brown fan.. add skins to the list.
We the fans vote with our pocketbook.

I have received email from members that are not posting much anymore they pop in from time to time to see if it has clammed down, but then do not post because of the hate and nonsense, that is sometimes posted here.

If that is how Y'all want it enjoy your selves, but some where down the line all of the opposing views will be gone. and how much fun will it be to have everyone agree with your every post. Um, are you sure this is an argument that you, in particular, want to make? When Shanahan was the coach you did nothing complain and criticize EVERY move he made or did not make, but suddenly you seem to find it intensly distasteful and unbelievable that anybody would criticize a coach of the Broncos. :confused: I'm no lawyer, but I believe the legal precedent was set for instances like this in the case of Pot v. Kettle.

Food for thought folks..

Oh BTW I here there is a few coaching spots open in Dove Valley I'm sure they would love to have a man with your knowledge and coaching experience.

Night night going to go something I enjoy. I'm game. I would bet there is NO way I could screw it up any worse than the guy who was just shown the door.

Rick
12-15-2010, 10:49 PM

He knows once he comes out he won't be going back in.

Juriga72
12-15-2010, 11:33 PM

Well...lets see who would work with Kyle Orton each and every week....:

Offensive coordinator- He WORKS with Kyle each week, watching tape with Kyle game planning plays and gosh darn HE still is there right?

The guy called "The Quarterback coach"-He works with Kyle as the position coach. He would work with Kyle helping out footwork, drills and video break down of his foot work. So when he sees Kyle throw a 7 yard grounder... he would say.."Kyle ...dont do that"

Strength and Conditioning coach- He would know "Hey lookee here...last week Kyle could bench 175 and this week he only could bench 100 pounds"

Wide recievers coach- He would take HIS group ( you know the best group of NFL wideouts) break down as to "Why did they catch so few passes" and go to HIS boss the OC and say "Look...MY guys ran the correct routes...Kyle threw them grounders"

So .... NOW you are telling me that 4 PAID NFL coaches dont notice that "Kyle is toughing it out".

Sinthor
12-15-2010, 11:53 PM
I didn't like McDaniels much, although I was hoping he'd be successful (and therefore the team). However, my biggest fear since the video taping scandal seems to be coming true. What was that fear?

That with all the turmoil, a new head coach and GM, etc. Tebow will be jettisoned without even having a chance. After all, he's very polarizing. People "in the know" either think he'll be ok or that he has no business even being in the league. Can you imagine the irony of Tebow being the one GREAT decision that McDaniels ever made?

What if the Broncos dump him and he goes somewhere else where he is successful. Maybe even in our division? How tragic and ironic would it be if he went somewhere else and lit it up, only to return occasionally or maybe even twice a year to just TRASH the team that didn't even give him a shot? I really fear that.

Now certainly, we don't know if he'll make it or not. He looked pretty good for a rookie in pre-season though and with this guy's history I wouldn't bet against him. That's why I'm almost desperate for him to play THIS year. Hopefully he would show very well, well enough for a new regime to keep him and give him the start he deserves next year. In my mind the team needs to focus on defense first. Period. Tebow needs to start for at least a season unless he ends up playing like Jamarcus Russell consistently. I just don't see how a team could/would pass on a #1 or #2 overall draft pick QB if one's available though and there's no guarantee that Luck will make it in the NFL either or even that he'd be as good as Tebow! The Broncos could end up ditching Tebow and taking a super high paid rookie QB that busts. THEN how bad would it be if Tebow worked out somewhere else? We need to WIN these last three games or at least two so we can focus on defense without the temptation of another QB. Heck, with a good defense even Kyle has proven he can win a lot of games.

Anyway, that's what I'm afraid of, and we seem to keep drifting ever closer to that reality with this weird refusal of the Broncos to play Tebow even in blowout wins/losses or in situations where due to QB play, many other teams have already switched QB's- some more than once! The CARDINALS already yanked Derek Anderson for playing not as badly as Orton has and HE has MADE it to the pro bowl already once!

Another thing hit me just Sunday, watching the game. Usually when you have a young up and coming QB on a team and a veteran starter, you read all about what a great mentor the veteran is, see them all huddling on the sidelines looking at photos and talking, etc. I realized I don't think I've see that this year and I haven't read anything to that effect either.

Is something wrong? These guys don't get along or is Orton maybe of the attitude "I'm not going to help these guys (Tebow and/or Quinn) take my job!" ?? Or have I just missed this?

frauschieze
12-16-2010, 12:13 AM

If that is how Y'all want it enjoy your selves, but some where down the line all of the opposing views will be gone. and how much fun will it be to have everyone agree with your every post.

Food for thought folks..

Night night going to go something I enjoy.

Goody for them. Don't care. There will ALWAYS be people who are pissed about the status quo on a message board and don't post for some reason or another. Not even worth giving a second thought to. Can't please everyone all of the time.

That said, I'm tired of hearing about it. Think maybe you can quit telling us how awful we all are for having opinions that aren't sunshine and rainbows all the time? In case you haven't noticed, our team is in what can be graciously described as disarray and/or a status of being "not very good". If you don't like what people have to say here, go somewhere else. The preaching gets old.

sneakers
12-16-2010, 12:23 AM
Isn't this what pitchers get in August?

Lonestar
12-16-2010, 12:34 AM

Since neither of us know for sure I'd guess we may never know.

Who know what went down over there.

They could have said can you deal with this cause you know the kid is not ready except for a few plays. It os not the asth quarter so if we pull you and put Quinn in both of you are out the rest of the game.

Like I said NO ONE knows what has went down for sure.

frauschieze
12-16-2010, 12:54 AM
I'm no lawyer, but I believe the legal precedent was set for instances like this in the case of Pot v. Kettle.

Love it! :laugh:

Can I use it in my sig?

horsepig
12-16-2010, 01:22 AM
Kyle got the payday he needed and he deserved it.

But last week was an indictment against him he will never overcome.

Tebow will not come in and light it up.....but he will avoid the pass rush better than the statuesque Orton.

Orton has no more mobility than Brady, but Brady knows how to move in the pocket to avoid pressure while keeping his eyes downfield.

Tebow will have his ugly moments.

But I also think he will make some plays, and thats what we need right now.

Tebow plays this week. I guarantee it if Orton struggles at all.

But I wouldnt even be surprised if Tebow started.

We've seen plenty of ugly moments War. What we need, desparately, is some plays made. TT will do that, I guarantee it. Wait, no, I don't guarantee anything, I've been around long enough to know that's ****** bullshit in a tincan.

But, I do think he will be fun to watch. I don't think he will wait around for shit to happen, he will make it happen. For good or bad. Wahoo!

Clipworthy
12-16-2010, 07:38 AM
when they played the cards on Sunday...watching tebow warm up only to see orton "tough it out" and plop back onto the field was one of the worst moments in nfl history. Torture, pure unnecessary torture

Juriga72
12-16-2010, 08:15 AM
Dear Ortonites,

Can you please explain to me how ONLY "Kyle is wearing down for the beating he has taken all year".

Is Kyle the only quarterback who runs down each year? Are you saying that only Kyle gets hit/sacked in a NFL game?

Because going back to week 5 only the KC game does "Kyle look like "Peyton" otherwise in each game "Kyle looks like.... well Kyle"

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory on back to back weeks because he is not full speed is what kind of leadership you want from your qb?

really........

BroncoStud
12-16-2010, 09:36 AM

If that's the case then whatever idiot coach thinks it's a good idea to lose games needs to be fired on the spot. Either way there is no defending this. It's killing the offense. 40% completions in 2 weeks? 16% 3rd down coversions for the month? This is bullshit.

BroncoStud
12-16-2010, 09:54 AM
Another thing hit me just Sunday, watching the game. Usually when you have a young up and coming QB on a team and a veteran starter, you read all about what a great mentor the veteran is, see them all huddling on the sidelines looking at photos and talking, etc. I realized I don't think I've see that this year and I haven't read anything to that effect either.

Is something wrong? These guys don't get along or is Orton maybe of the attitude "I'm not going to help these guys (Tebow and/or Quinn) take my job!" ?? Or have I just missed this?

That's the impression I get. Favre had that approach to Aaron Rodgers... "I'm not here to teach him anything, I'm here to win football games" or something like that is what he quoted the AP Rodger's rookie season.

It doesn't look like Orton really appears interested in Tebow or Quinn. I'm sure there is resentment for them being traded for and drafted. That doesn't make it ok. Orton needs to learn his role in the NFL, as a really good BACKUP QB. Jon Kitna (who Kyle resembles most) embraced his role as a mentor for both Carson Palmer and Tony Romo, and look at how well he helped develop both of them.

Orton doesn't appear to be going that route.

vandammage13
12-16-2010, 10:11 AM
I'm not buying all of this "Orton is a warrior" business....I will give him a little credit for staying in there to fight for his job, but that's all it is, nothing more. He isn't going in to battle it out for the win like some gladiator. He knows that as soon as he stops playing and lets Tebow in the game that it will be the end for him.

Orton wants to keep his job, and I can't fault him for that, but let's not make him into some kind of hero....Its self preservation, nothing more. Orton knows his days are numbered and he probably thinks as long as he can keep Tebow on the sidelines the rest of the year that he might have a puncher's chance of being the starter next year. Orton knows that if Tebow gets in there this year, that it's going to be over for him and he will be nothing more than a backup again next year like in Chicago.

Juriga72
12-16-2010, 10:12 AM
Of course Orton was mentor'd by Griese.

Brian-"Ok.. Kyle when things are going really bad, blame ANY injury on your dog. Say you were tripped going down a flight of stairs by the dog..they LOVE that"

Kyle-" What dog? Why would a dog trip me? I have a hard enough time walking on a football field, you have seen me get tripped by the line markers right?"

chazoe60
12-16-2010, 10:13 AM
That's the impression I get. Favre had that approach to Aaron Rodgers... "I'm not here to teach him anything, I'm here to win football games" or something like that is what he quoted the AP Rodger's rookie season.

It doesn't look like Orton really appears interested in Tebow or Quinn. I'm sure there is resentment for them being traded for and drafted. That doesn't make it ok. Orton needs to learn his role in the NFL, as a really good BACKUP QB. Jon Kitna (who Kyle resembles most) embraced his role as a mentor for both Carson Palmer and Tony Romo, and look at how well he helped develop both of them.

Orton doesn't appear to be going that route.

In all honesty I think youre right, Orton really is best suited to be a bcakup. He is not really starter material, but I don't expect him to admit that. He, as a professional athlete has to think he should be the guy or he might as well retire.

Juriga72
12-16-2010, 10:17 AM
In all honesty I think youre right, Orton really is best suited to be a bcakup. He is not really starter material, but I don't expect him to admit that. He, as a professional athlete has to think he should be the guy or he might as well retire.

Of course that year he sat out in Chicago WAS pretty sweet......

Kyle's 2006 check list:

Not having to get up early game day-check

Not having large angry men sit on my head-Check

Flying first class, only having to carry Rex's bags-Check

Cashing that "Game check" while having no game-check

Being able to say to girls "Yeah ... I am a pro football player...kinda"- Check

Edit- I forgot this one too..... Being able to sell my Super Bowl tickets to Mike Tice- priceless

spikerman
12-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Love it! :laugh:

Can I use it in my sig?

Thank you ma'am and please do!

Dzone
12-16-2010, 06:27 PM
What do you all think of Ortons demeanor in interviews this week?

Dzone
12-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Goody for them. Don't care. There will ALWAYS be people who are pissed about the status quo on a message board and don't post for some reason or another. Not even worth giving a second thought to. Can't please everyone all of the time.

That said, I'm tired of hearing about it. Think maybe you can quit telling us how awful we all are for having opinions that aren't sunshine and rainbows all the time? In case you haven't noticed, our team is in what can be graciously described as disarray and/or a status of being "not very good". If you don't like what people have to say here, go somewhere else. The preaching gets old.

:first::2thumbs::2thumbs:Excellent post! Couldnt agree with you more. Ridiculous how some people take this stuff personally and get offended, then they become obnoxious. Maybe they should go start their own board...LOL

TXBRONC
12-16-2010, 06:39 PM
What do you all think of Ortons demeanor in interviews this week?

From what I've heard he seemed to handle everything pretty well considering the criticism he's received and knowing that there is a lot clamoring for Tebow to start. I can only image that he's a frustrated but on the whole he's still has handled him with class.

GEM
12-16-2010, 06:49 PM
Just finished page two.

I'll spare you that if you'll spare me the whole this place sucks, I cut back my time, I have had friends email me, etc, etc, etc....shit.

WARHORSE
12-16-2010, 07:00 PM
We've seen plenty of ugly moments War. What we need, desparately, is some plays made. TT will do that, I guarantee it. Wait, no, I don't guarantee anything, I've been around long enough to know that's ****** bullshit in a tincan.

But, I do think he will be fun to watch. I don't think he will wait around for shit to happen, he will make it happen. For good or bad. Wahoo!

Its easy to agree.

Tim can run, and run hard.

Hes strong enough to break tackles.....like Ben.

He will make mistakes, but he will also bring a dimension Kyle simply cannot, and if he can do it enough to win, then more power to him.

No matter what.......he will get reps. And that simply cannot be simulated in a film room or a practice where you wear a red jersey.

Go Broncos:salute:

Lonestar
12-16-2010, 07:00 PM
I'll spare you that if you'll spare me the whole this place sucks, I cut back my time, I have had friends email me, etc, etc, etc....shit.

Not sure I said this place sucks though, just lots of hate and disrepect.

But then YOU can read it that way if you want, I have zero control over that.

As I said before I thought Y'all might want to know. Do with it what you want.

GEM
12-16-2010, 07:02 PM
Not sure I said this place sucks though, just lots of hate and disrepect.

But then YOU can read it that way if you want, I have zero control over that.

As I said before I thought Y'all might want to know. Do with it what you want.

I think we got it the first 20 times you said it. We all know. Move on from posting about the bads of this place (or what you perceive as the bads) and stick to the topic of the thread.

Lonestar
12-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Its easy to agree.

Tim can run, and run hard.

Hes strong enough to break tackles.....like Ben.

He will make mistakes, but he will also bring a dimension Kyle simply cannot, and if he can do it enough to win, then more power to him.

No matter what.......he will get reps. And that simply cannot be simulated in a film room or a practice where you wear a red jersey.

Go Broncos:salute:

Your absolutely correct he can't learn how much it hurts when you get sandwiched by. Or more defenders.

But seeing it happen on tape to someone else can be benificial also.