PDA

View Full Version : Whether Tim Tebow plays or not doesn't matter?

Jagsbch
12-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Broncos Mailbag is stuffed with a bunch of crap (http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmailbag/ci_16849005)

Experience matters:cool:

LawDog
12-15-2010, 04:10 PM
"Orton deserves one more week to garner Pro Bowl votes so he can become an alternate to play in the game in case Tom Brady is busy preparing for the Super Bowl or Philip Rivers declines to play." - from the article linked above.

That's the funniest thing I've read all year. The way Orton has been playing lately, giving him one more week will just cement his exclusion FROM the Pro Bowl.

BroncoWave
12-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Orton will probably play in the Pro Bowl if he wants. Manning, Brady, and Rivers will be the 3 to get in but at least 1 if not 2 of them probably won't play in it. I would imagine Orton is 4th among AFC QBs in the Pro Bowl pecking order. I can't think of another QB who has had a better overall season. And you have to remember, they open up Pro Bowl balloting in like week 8 and at that point Orton had a much stronger resume.

Ravage!!!
12-15-2010, 04:44 PM
Matt Cassel,Rothlesburger

BroncoWave
12-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Matt Cassel

That's true, he has been coming on lately. Forgot about him.

BroncoWave
12-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Rothlesburger

No way. His team has been good this year but he isn't putting up pro bowl numbers, and his reputation for his off the field stuff will probably cost him some votes.

Ravage!!!
12-15-2010, 04:49 PM
No way. His team has been good this year but he isn't putting up pro bowl numbers, and his reputation for his off the field stuff will probably cost him some votes.

Maybe. Seems Vick's votes are the highest of any player. I guess his off field rep isn't hurting him.

Denver's record will absolutely hurt Orton. Rothlesburger is a difference maker, and plays on broken feet... and wins.

Everyone that watches football knows that Orton is just.... ugh.

BroncoWave
12-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Maybe. Seems Vick's votes are the highest of any player. I guess his off field rep isn't hurting him.

Denver's record will absolutely hurt Orton. Rothlesburger is a difference maker, and plays on broken feet... and wins.

Everyone that watches football knows that Orton is just.... ugh.

Oh I agree, but alot of the Pro Bowl voting took place before the last 2 weeks when Orton was putting up 300 yards almost every week.

Ravage!!!
12-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Oh I agree, but alot of the Pro Bowl voting took place before the last 2 weeks when Orton was putting up 300 yards almost every week.

yeah.. I guess we'll see. I know there are a TON of fantasy players that purely read the stat sheets to determine if a player is good or not.. that... or they let Madden tell them with the rating in the game. :lol:

I guess we'll see. Personally, I would put Roth wayyyy above Orton in the voting. As far as Cassel, the only advantage he has is he's played well lately and his team has a winning record while ours....... doesn't. Other t han that, I think its a coin flip as to who you rank above the other.

BroncoStud
12-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Cassel is better than Orton by a long shot. He makes more plays and less mistakes and is NOT a statue waiting to be sacked.

Juriga72
12-15-2010, 05:57 PM
LOL..... Kyle Orton Pro bowl....

MAYBE Ty D Bol... but not Pro Bowl

BroncoWave
12-15-2010, 05:59 PM
Before 2 weeks ago, I don't think nearly as many people would have laughed off the notion of him being in the pro bowl. He was leading the NFL in passing 2 weeks ago. I don't think 2 awful weeks should destroy that.

Now let me be clear, I'm not saying he deserves to be in the pro bowl, but I don't think it's a stretch at all to say he deserves to be one of the top few alternates.

SR
12-15-2010, 07:53 PM
This thread is stuffed with a bunch of crap.

Cugel
12-15-2010, 08:48 PM

Let us remember that "off field stuff" means buying a drunk chick drinks and then following her into the women's room and then either raping her or having sex with her right there.

He got lucky he wasn't hit with a serious felony trial. And they're going to send him to the pro-bowl like nothing happened?

And the NFL is worried about it's "image?" :coffee:

T.K.O.
12-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Let us remember that "off field stuff" means buying a drunk chick drinks and then following her into the women's room and then either raping her or having sex with her right there.

He got lucky he wasn't hit with a serious felony trial. And they're going to send him to the pro-bowl like nothing happened?

And the NFL is worried about it's "image?" :coffee:

he was also suspended for 4 games (reduced to) the nfl should not allow players suspended for conduct or roids to play in the probowl....they are supposed to be outstanding players and the best the league has to offer.
but it has become more like a paid vacation for whoever is willing to play.
and that whole debacle of putting it before the superbowl was somebody's retarded idea:confused:

I Eat Staples
12-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Brady isn't having a pro bowl year but he'll get in because of his name, just like last year when he robbed Schaub. It should be:

Phillip Rivers
Peyton Manning
Kyle Orton

With the alternates being Tom Brady, David Garrard, and Matt Schaub.

EMB6903
12-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Tom Brady is having a year Kyle Orton could only dream of.

Lets get real now.

Dirk
12-16-2010, 07:11 AM
Brady and Rivers will get the nod.

Orton may have a chance to be an alternate. Cassel for sure. Peyton will probably get the nod just because, he's Peyton.

SR
12-16-2010, 08:12 AM
Brady isn't having a pro bowl year but he'll get in because of his name, just like last year when he robbed Schaub. It should be:

Phillip Rivers
Peyton Manning
Kyle Orton

No. Orton shouldn't be in the Pro Bowl. IMO, his stats are very deceiving.

Mike
12-16-2010, 08:35 AM

Phillip Rivers
Peyton Manning
Kyle Orton

Are you kidding me about Brady? :confused:

I can't really stand the guy, but Brady is having a better year than any except perhaps Rivers. If he keeps it up, it's hard to see how he doesn't win MVP this year.

And Orton in the pro bowl. :rofl: Give me a freaking break. He has not sustained his initial burst and has gotten worse over the course of the year especially if you consider most of his stats through the last 8 games were garbage time stats (exception being the KC game in Denver).

Medford Bronco
12-16-2010, 09:09 AM
Are you kidding me about Brady? :confused:

I can't really stand the guy, but Brady is having a better year than any except perhaps Rivers. If he keeps it up, it's hard to see how he doesn't win MVP this year.

And Orton in the pro bowl. :rofl: Give me a freaking break. He has not sustained his initial burst and has gotten worse over the course of the year especially if you consider most of his stats through the last 8 games were garbage time stats (exception being the KC game in Denver).

Brady has like 29 Tds and 4 picks and a QB rating of 109.9 and should be the MVP of the league this year. Record is the best in the league as well and the running game he has is average.

They got rid of Moss and got bettter. Who would have thought that.

Orton in in best day (I agree with you) cant carry Bradys jock and never will.

vandammage13
12-16-2010, 09:43 AM

Phillip Rivers
Peyton Manning
Kyle Orton

I think the staples are getting to your brain...Brady is by far the best AFC QB this year (if not, at least second best to Rivers).

Let's see...Brady has led his team to the best record in the NFL thus far.
Brady:
#1 TDs
#1 QB Rating
#1 in TD/INT Ratio
#3 in Com % (Really #2 becasue Romo is on IR)
#6 in Yards (Despite being just #13 in ATT)

Orton:
#12(T) TDs
#17 QB Rating
#13 in TD/INT Ratio
#24 in Com %
#4 in Yards (#3 in ATT)

So the only thing Orton is among the leaders in among the major statistical categories is yardage, which he should be up there because he's had the third most attempts. Every other statistical category he is average or worse.

Take off your orange colored glasses...Orton isn't really having all that great of a year.

BroncoStud
12-16-2010, 10:18 AM

Phillip Rivers
Peyton Manning
Kyle Orton

Brady is utterly dominant right now, there is NO better QB in the game. If he isn't a Pro Bowler then there doesn't need to be a Pro Bowl.

If Orton beats out Brady there are SERIOUS issues with the voters.

I Eat Staples
12-16-2010, 12:22 PM
You guys are going by wins and team success. You guys hate the idea of Orton being a game manager but all year, Tom Brady has been a damn good game manager.

If the Patriots had 3 wins but Brady was playing the exact same way, would anyone think he should be in the pro bowl?

vandammage13
12-16-2010, 12:56 PM
You guys are going by wins and team success. You guys hate the idea of Orton being a game manager but all year, Tom Brady has been a damn good game manager.

If the Patriots had 3 wins but Brady was playing the exact same way, would anyone think he should be in the pro bowl?

Hmmm....I'm pretty sure I cited some numbers that had nothing to do with wins/losses (See Post# 22)....Try again.

Quite puzzling how you can try to put Orton in the same breath as a guy like Brady. Has Brady had any games this year that resemble anything like what we have seen from Orton the last few weeks? Didn't think so.

Lonestar
12-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Hmm whether Tebow plays or not.

Not sure I saw anything about tebow in this thread.

Pergaps the op can change the title to Pro blow for ortion?
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

I Eat Staples
12-16-2010, 01:21 PM
Hmmm....I'm pretty sure I cited some numbers that had nothing to do with wins/losses (See Post# 22)....Try again.

Quite puzzling how you can try to put Orton in the same breath as a guy like Brady. Has Brady had any games this year that resemble anything like what we have seen from Orton the last few weeks? Didn't think so.

I never said Orton was anywhere near as good as Brady. Pro Bowl voting should be based only on individual accomplishments for that year.

Mike
12-16-2010, 01:24 PM
I never said Orton was anywhere near as good as Brady. Pro Bowl voting should be based only on individual accomplishments for that year.

And individually Brady has far outperformed Orton this year.

I can't even believe that the most devout Orton defender or Bronco homer would make this argument.

BroncoWave
12-16-2010, 01:24 PM

Um, what individual accomplishments of Orton's are better than what Brady has done this year? :confused:

BroncoWave
12-16-2010, 01:26 PM
I think the staples are getting to your brain...Brady is by far the best AFC QB this year (if not, at least second best to Rivers).

Let's see...Brady has led his team to the best record in the NFL thus far.
Brady:
#1 TDs
#1 QB Rating
#1 in TD/INT Ratio
#3 in Com % (Really #2 becasue Romo is on IR)
#6 in Yards (Despite being just #13 in ATT)

Orton:
#12(T) TDs
#17 QB Rating
#13 in TD/INT Ratio
#24 in Com %
#4 in Yards (#3 in ATT)

So the only thing Orton is among the leaders in among the major statistical categories is yardage, which he should be up there because he's had the third most attempts. Every other statistical category he is average or worse.

Take off your orange colored glasses...Orton isn't really having all that great of a year.

Staples did you read this post? Brady is dominating Orton is every stat but yards and has led his team to 9 more wins than Orton has.

In what backwards universe is Orton even in the same ballpark as Brady in terms of accomplishments this year?

I Eat Staples
12-16-2010, 01:27 PM
Orton's stats were much better than Brady's until these last two horrible games. If pro bowl voting started now, you could make no argument for Orton. But Orton was at the top of the league in most statistics for the majority of the year while voting was going on.

BroncoWave
12-16-2010, 01:39 PM
Orton's stats were much better than Brady's until these last two horrible games. If pro bowl voting started now, you could make no argument for Orton. But Orton was at the top of the league in most statistics for the majority of the year while voting was going on.

Not true at all.

Here were their stats through games played before the last 2 weeks:

Brady:

66.3% completions
2703 yards
23 TD
4 INT
105.8 rating

Orton:

61.7% completions
3370 yards
20 TD
6 INT
96 rating

Other that yards, Brady still has him everywhere else.

It won't kill you to admit you were wrong on this one Staples. No one is right all the time.

cuzz4169
12-16-2010, 01:41 PM
C'mon guys stop this nonsense about Orton going to the pro bowl...And who ever said Orton is or was having a better year than Brady...hahahahahahaha are you for real!!!??? Orton couldn't have a better year than Brady when Brady sat the whole season bc of injury.

Pro Bowl QB in order
Brady
Rivers
Manning
Replacement order
Cassel 8-5
Flacco 9-4
Garrard 8-5
Shaub 5-8
Orton/Fitzpatrick 3-10

BroncoWave
12-16-2010, 01:42 PM
And also, the difference in yards is deceiving given that he had over 70 more attempts at the time. Their YPA at that time were pretty close, with orton leading 7.8-7.6.

cuzz4169
12-16-2010, 01:43 PM

Orton only was in top of the league in one stat for a week or 2 and that was in yards. Most of his yards are garbage yards....

vandammage13
12-16-2010, 01:44 PM

You said "Brady isn't having a pro bowl year but he'll get in because of his name"

...you lost all credibility there.

cuzz4169
12-16-2010, 01:48 PM

With 29tds and 4int 3,398 yards its very hard to be 3-10...that defense must be worse than the Broncos.

TXBRONC
12-16-2010, 02:03 PM

You're damn right I would put Brady in over Orton because his resume isn't near what Brady's is.

TXBRONC
12-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Not true at all.

Brady:

66.3% completions
2703 yards
23 TD
4 INT
105.8 rating

Orton:

61.7% completions
3370 yards
20 TD
6 INT
96 rating

It won't kill you to admit you were wrong on this one Staples. No one is right all the time.

Top is never wrong, he's just misunderstood. :D

Even though he wont this: I'm just kidding.

vandammage13
12-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Not true at all.

Brady:

66.3% completions
2703 yards
23 TD
4 INT
105.8 rating

Orton:

61.7% completions
3370 yards
20 TD
6 INT
96 rating

Did you hear that?...I think it was the sound of Staple's argument going up in flames.

I Eat Staples
12-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Okay, I didn't pay enough attention to Brady's stats. You guys are right.

Juriga72
12-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Okay, I didn't pay enough attention to Brady's stats. You guys are right.

Brady this year has lit up:
Baltimore's d for 28
Steelers d for 39
Bears D for 36
Jets d for 45......

YEAH... "He's NO Kyle Orton"