PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Lloyd on Radio today...

PAINTERDAVE
12-14-2010, 07:15 PM
... when asked about Tebow in practice...

said...

(Paraphrase - I was driving)

"Tebow looks good in practice. I think he is ready to play if we need him.
He can play.
We just want to win these games with the guys we have been playing with all year.
If Tebow is called on to go in? He is ready."

Coach Stud said the same type of thing in his presser today as well.

Can we please stop with the rumours that the team and coaches
see that Tebow is worthless and dont want to let on?

You Ortonites need to listen to the coach and the players, now...
and stop spreading your deceitful rumors.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-14-2010, 07:21 PM

said...

He can play.
We just want to win these games with the guys we have been playing with all year.

First of all, you actually have to win the games for that to hold any water, Brandon. Second, yeah I expect him to say this because he doesn't think Tebow will target him like Orton does. It's all about Lloyd now that we're 3-10. That's the most selfish statement I've heard by any Bronco player this season. We don't want anyone else to play but the same losers who've brought us to this 3-10 record... WTF?

We WILL NOT beat Oakland this week with Orton (spoken: the same guys we've been playing all year). I guarantee it. If Tebow starts, all bets are off.

BroncoWave
12-14-2010, 07:25 PM
I don't blame Lloyd for it being all about him these last 3 games to be honest. The season is over and he's playing for another contract just like everyone else. If I were him, I would want the QB in there who targets me the most as well. Can't blame him one bit.

TXBRONC
12-14-2010, 07:28 PM
First of all, you actually have to win the games for that to hold any water, Brandon. Second, yeah I expect him to say this because he doesn't think Tebow will target him like Orton does. It's all about Lloyd now that we're 3-10. That's the most selfish statement I've heard by any Bronco player this season. We don't want anyone else to play but the same losers who've brought us to this 3-10 record... WTF?

We WILL NOT beat Oakland this week with Orton (spoken: the same guys we've been playing all year). I guarantee it. If Tebow starts, all bets are off.

Tebow would certainly bring a demension that we don't have with Orton for sure if he did start.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-14-2010, 07:30 PM
I don't blame Lloyd for it being all about him these last 3 games to be honest. The season is over and he's playing for another contract just like everyone else. If I were him, I would want the QB in there who targets me the most as well. Can't blame him one bit.

If only he'd just be honest about it instead of this on again off again "Tebow's not ready and shouldn't play, yes he really is", crap.

BroncoWave
12-14-2010, 07:32 PM
If only he'd just be honest about it instead of this on again off again "Tebow's not ready and shouldn't play, yes he really is", crap.

I think he answered it the most PC way possible. He said it in a way that doesn't throw either QB under the bus. Yeah I would like athletes to be honest too but it's naive to expect that.

Northman
12-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Everybody has great points in this thread. Hi five to you all. :)

BroncoWave
12-14-2010, 07:39 PM
Everybody has great points in this thread. Hi five to you all. :)

Group hug!

Lancane
12-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Lloyd for years has been mediocre, but he's always been an intelligent, politically cautious individual.

Not until this year has the spotlight been more focused on him, he knows very well in the mix of the turmoil that he could be a casualty, the coach that believed in him is gone. I really don't think he's making a 'me' statement as much as he's selling himself for future opportunities, because let's be serious...he saw what McDaniels did with a Pro-Bowl Wide Receiver, a Pro-Bowl Quarterback and a soon to be Pro-Bowl Running Back! He's selling himself, after all...wouldn't you be doing the same in light of the sorry ass season this teams produced? The Head Coach, his man...was toasted last week, given the boot. Half the players on the roster are wondering if they're headed for unemployment just like the guy who brought them in and wouldn't be surprised if the new regime cleaned house, nothing is speaks more volume then Tim Tebow going to Joe Ellis asking him if he had to worry!

He's doing what Champ Bailey has long been a master of, good public relations.

jhildebrand
12-14-2010, 08:30 PM

Kuper's post game comments seemed to indicate Tebow isn't ready. Studesville's comments as well.

Studesville after being asked for Tebow a 11 or 12 times finally says:

We are going to go with the guys that give us the best chance to win....--or something to that effect.

Now it isn't a stretch or a leap of any kind to look at that statement and realize the guy making it has been around Tebow all year. Was around him all week as HC and still thinks KO is our best chance to win??? Despite a 27.1 rating? That is less than glowing of tebow.

rocks
12-14-2010, 08:45 PM
The problem is YOUR NOT GOING TO WIN WITH ORTON!!!!

Lloyd had two back to back 30 yard games. How is that going to help him?

horsepig
12-14-2010, 08:53 PM
Color me confused. Tell me again why Orton gives us the "best chance to win"?

Give me a ******* break. Are these people this ******* stupid?

claymore
12-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Tebow might be the lone bright spot of the past 2 years. I dotn want to see him get killed under this cast of retard coaches that McD brought in. Its not about winning at this point. Its about limping into the offseason with as much pride as an organization can muster after McD pooped all over us.

Lancane
12-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Color me confused. Tell me again why Orton gives us the "best chance to win"?

Give me a ******* break. Are these people this ******* stupid?

Let me take a guess....hmmm...not stupid, but F'n lack the fundamental intelligence and understanding of the game.

jhildebrand
12-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Studesville's direct quote on Tebow:

"We have a responsibility to the integrity of the game and to Mr. Bowlen and to our players as well as our fans to do everything we can to put the best team on the field."

Not a leap to realize that there is no confidence for Tebow right now. It would be one thing if that comment came out first but this was one of the last questions Studesville faced about Tebow and seemed to have the least amount of coachspeak. It seems apparent to me that those closest to the situation aren't too confident in Tebow.

He will get a chance against Houston.

PAINTERDAVE
12-14-2010, 09:22 PM
Today, Stud said...

I paraphrase again...

"Tebow is prepared. He is ready. If he goes in he is ready."

Those of you who read the tea leaves, read between the lines,
and interpret things to prove that TEBOW IS NOT READY...

You are plain WRONG.

No one on the Broncos is covering up for Tebow being incompetant or not ready.

The Head Coach today said if Tebow needs to go in... HE IS READY.

Brandon Lloyd said the same thing. Said Tebow has LOOKED VERY GOOD in practice.

You guys who keep saying that the coaches and players see something wrong with the kid....
you are making crap up. Plain and simple.

The fact that they are going with the season long starter...
that does not mean Tebow is no good.

There are all the other reasons they are holding him back...

NOT because he is a fraud... like you want to pretend he is.

jhildebrand
12-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Today, Stud said...

I paraphrase again...

"Tebow is prepared. He is ready. If he goes in he is ready."

Those of you who read the tea leaves, read between the lines,
and interpret things to prove that TEBOW IS NOT READY...

You are plain WRONG.

No one on the Broncos is covering up for Tebow being incompetant or not ready.

The Head Coach today said if Tebow needs to go in... HE IS READY.

Brandon Lloyd said the same thing. Said Tebow has LOOKED VERY GOOD in practice.

You guys who keep saying that the coaches and players see something wrong with the kid....
you are making crap up. Plain and simple.

The fact that they are going with the season long starter...
that does not mean Tebow is no good.

There are all the other reasons they are holding him back...

NOT because he is a fraud... like you want to pretend he is.

So if he is so ready, what is so hard about having him replace a terrible KO against AZ or SD? :confused:

jhildebrand
12-14-2010, 10:10 PM
I am not an Ortonite, PD. I have been wanting to see Tebow for some time now because I feel Orton has shown us his ceiling.

However, when it comes to Tebow, it has been double talk about the kid from day 1. One minute McDaniels proclaimed him to HOF bound. Another is he isnt ready. Another was the famous: "The only thing he doesn't know about our playbook is what we havent told him."

So forgive me if I am skeptical! I am skeptical by nature. Again forgive me if I don't taker the coach's words at face value. As is said so many times around here "what is he going to say?" :confused: It isn't like he is going to come out and say the kid sucks.

The bottom line is this team is going nowhere with Orton. Orton couldn't have been less of a professional than he was these past two games. He should have been benched for that alone.

I also don't want to hear Tebow is too fragile to start in the black hole! There are places that are equally daunting and larger capacity in the SEC!

cardoso
12-14-2010, 10:16 PM

probably is we had a wr 50x's better than Lloyd and we mcidiot shipped him out of town. If you would have said that same statement about Marshall people/retards would be talking about how selfish Marshall is and how he's a cancer.

I personally hate Lloyd! He's a bum! he's been in this league for how many years now? He's been cut 3 times by 3 different teams. There's a reason for that! He is just like Orton, nothing more than a journeymen benefiting from a pass happy offense. I hope he gets cut after this year! He is shit in any other system and the tapes on him will prove it! Lloyd's selfish comments make me sick! I hope he's gone next year.

BroncoWave
12-14-2010, 10:19 PM
probably is we had a wr 50x's better than Lloyd and we mcidiot shipped him out of town. If you would have said that same statement about Marshall people/retards would be talking about how selfish Marshall is and how he's a cancer.

I personally hate Lloyd! He's a bum! he's been in this league for how many years now? He's been cut 3 times by 3 different teams. There's a reason for that! He is just like Orton, nothing more than a journeymen benefiting from a pass happy offense. I hope he gets cut after this year! He is shit in any other system and the tapes on him will prove it! Lloyd's selfish comments make me sick! I hope he's gone next year.

Have you actually watched Lloyd play this year? He has made some of the sickest catches in the NFL. Some players blossom late. To say Lloyd's season has been a "product of the system" makes it painfully obvious that you haven't watched him play much if at all this year.

cardoso
12-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Have you actually watched Lloyd play this year? He has made some of the sickest catches in the NFL. Some players blossom late. To say Lloyd's season has been a "product of the system" makes it painfully obvious that you haven't watched him play much if at all this year.

nice comment. I mean we all come here to chat m-s then come sunday just refuse to watch the game on sunday.

A better statement would be you obviously haven't seen much of lloyd besides this year. Lloyd is WEAK! tape doesn't lie! you're going to put all of lloyds career on one season. :lol: yea because in the nfl one year wonders don't happen often at all. Lloyd will be cut when the new squad comes in! Royal, D. Thomas, an Decker are all better than lloyd. The nfl is full of very smart people. And NO GOOD PLAYER ever gets cut 3 different times by 3 different teams. Him and Orton are nothing but system guys. NOTHING MORE!

PAINTERDAVE
12-14-2010, 11:05 PM
I am not an Ortonite, PD. I have been wanting to see Tebow for some time now because I feel Orton has shown us his ceiling.

However, when it comes to Tebow, it has been double talk about the kid from day 1. One minute McDaniels proclaimed him to HOF bound. Another is he isnt ready. Another was the famous: "The only thing he doesn't know about our playbook is what we havent told him."

So forgive me if I am skeptical! I am skeptical by nature. Again forgive me if I don't taker the coach's words at face value. As is said so many times around here "what is he going to say?" :confused: It isn't like he is going to come out and say the kid sucks.

The bottom line is this team is going nowhere with Orton. Orton couldn't have been less of a professional than he was these past two games. He should have been benched for that alone.

I also don't want to hear Tebow is too fragile to start in the black hole! There are places that are equally daunting and larger capacity in the SEC!

I'm with you...

Start the Man.

He's ready.. wants to play... and aint afraid of the Horde.

It's every one around him holding back.

The Amatuer Coach...
the reluctant nervous owner..
the stat loving wideout ( with circus catches, but looking out for himself now)

It's time...

Elevation inc
12-15-2010, 03:33 AM

i think tebow needs to play but the way you all are attacking lloyd is sad, when its not even close to the truth.....if it wasnt for him, Champ Bailey, and maybe moreno...we might have equaled the lions 0-16 year this year

get a grip people attack the satff for not putting in orton. Not the players who have worked there ass of this year for the team.....

Elevation inc
12-15-2010, 03:36 AM

he doesnt realize the so called system was orton clsoing his eyes while chucking the ball downfield and praying lloyd would circus catch it.....but yeah it all the sytem cardos...get a grip and open your eyes.....:coffee:

HORSEPOWER 56
12-15-2010, 09:17 AM
i think tebow needs to play but the way you all are attacking lloyd is sad, when its not even close to the truth.....if it wasnt for him, Champ Bailey, and maybe moreno...we might have equaled the lions 0-16 year this year

get a grip people attack the satff for not putting in orton. Not the players who have worked there ass of this year for the team.....

I'm just very weary of Lloyd and always have been. He's been a "me", "show me the money", underperforming, uninspired hack his whole career. We are is 4th team. The fact that he's done as well as he has this year means only 2 things, IMO.

1) the system feeds him the ball so his stats are up

or

2) for the first time in his miserable NFL career, he's actually trying.

Now, he wants to try to paint the picture that for the last 3 weeks of the season, we're better off playing the same group of guys who are 3-10 because they give us the best chance to win??? Why should we reward the current, underperforming, overpaid starters with playing time? If this was high school or college, would you, or would you give the younger guys a chance to play to see if you really do have a diamond in the rough somewhere?

I think the fans and ownership will stomach losses a hell of a lot easier watching Tebow, Ball, Decker, Squid, McBath, etc than just watching Orton fall down and earn a 27 QBR while Lloyd catches 2 passes for 30 yards and does his "you can't see me" BS as we lose to the Raiders 35-10.

If it's me, I'm playing as many backups and guys I think might actually be on the roster next year as possible. Tebow at QB, Ball at RB, starting Decker and Thomas (if healthy) at WR, starting Cox, Vaughn, and Squid at CB and McBath and Bruton at Safety.

This isn't just about Tebow anymore. It's about seeing what the Broncos really are depth wise and getting some much needed scouting before the draft. We are in a unique position to do this because our season is already over. Lloyd wants to play and wants his buddy Kyle to play to get his stats up so he can pressure contract renegotiation. That's all this is about. I'm hoping to get a glimpse of the FUTURE of the Broncos, not a PAST season I'd like to forget. Thanks for your input, Brandon, but no thanks...

TXBRONC
12-15-2010, 09:58 AM
I'm just very weary of Lloyd and always have been. He's been a "me", "show me the money", underperforming, uninspired hack his whole career. We are is 4th team. The fact that he's done as well as he has this year means only 2 things, IMO.

or

Now, he wants to try to paint the picture that for the last 3 weeks of the season, we're better off playing the same group of guys who are 3-10 because they give us the best chance to win??? Why should we reward the current, underperforming, overpaid starters with playing time? If this was high school or college, would you, or would you give the younger guys a chance to play to see if you really do have a diamond in the rough somewhere?

I think the fans and ownership will stomach losses a hell of a lot easier watching Tebow, Ball, Decker, Squid, McBath, etc than just watching Orton fall down and earn a 27 QBR while Lloyd catches 2 passes for 30 yards and does his "you can't see me" BS as we lose to the Raiders 35-10.

If it's me, I'm playing as many backups and guys I think might actually be on the roster next year as possible. Tebow at QB, Ball at RB, starting Decker and Thomas (if healthy) at WR, starting Cox, Vaughn, and Squid at CB and McBath and Bruton at Safety.

This isn't just about Tebow anymore. It's about seeing what the Broncos really are depth wise and getting some much needed scouting before the draft. We are in a unique position to do this because our season is already over. Lloyd wants to play and wants his buddy Kyle to play to get his stats up so he can pressure contract renegotiation. That's all this is about. I'm hoping to get a glimpse of the FUTURE of the Broncos, not a PAST season I'd like to forget. Thanks for your input, Brandon, but no thanks...

I think you're being just little to stern with Lloyd HP. Sure part of what he's saying is more than likely a little self serving but that also doesn't mean that he doesn't really believe what he's saying. While Lloyd may truly believe that the current starters give them the best chance to win (I don't include Royal in this indictment) reality is at 3-10 no you don't give us the best chance win.

jhildebrand
12-15-2010, 11:46 AM
I'm with you...

Start the Man.

He's ready.. wants to play... and aint afraid of the Horde.

It's every one around him holding back.

The Amatuer Coach...
the reluctant nervous owner..
the stat loving wideout ( with circus catches, but looking out for himself now)

It's time...

The more I think about it the more I think Studesville has absolutely no say in when Tebow starts. I think ownership i.e. Bowlen and Ellis are making the call. I think it will be the Houston game and SD and that is it.

LordTrychon
12-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Of course... it wouldn't be awkward at all if Lloyd were to say the team is ready for Tebow to play, and then Orton played.

He's a WR backing the current starting QB. Not a shock here.

After the season, we'll probably get more candid and open quotes. We'll see.

Ravage!!!
12-15-2010, 11:49 AM

said...

He can play.

Wait. I'm allllllllll in favor of starting Tebow, and have been since game one of the season, but this doesn't prove a damn thing.

What would you expect him to say about one of his teammates? Seriously. Would you wANT a guy on the team that would say anything else other than this? This is EXACTLY what I would expect, both the coaches and the players, to say to the press and anyone else that asked.... about this question.

Just as coaches are known for moving their lips and lying, players are known for backing up their teammates no matter what. I don't see how this comment by Lloyd should quench any questions about Tebow, whatsoever.

Ravage!!!
12-15-2010, 11:53 AM
I would bet money, that if Lloyd was asked the same question about Brady Quinn, he would give almost the EXACT same answer.

arapaho2
12-15-2010, 12:28 PM
when a Hc states he will play the people that gives him the best chance to win....and plays orton:lol:

that tells me volumes about tebow

just because he can attest that tebow is "ready to play" if we need him...dont mean shit

orton is ready to play...doesnt mean he is capable of excecuting a game plan or not fainting at the hint of a pass rush

just because tebow knows the play book....is physicaly capable...dont mean he is capable of actually being the best shot at winning right now

but...i think its a mistake not to play him...there is nothing to play for in this season... keeping a failing qb playing instead of a 1st rnd rookie is stupid at best....orton may not even be here next year...tebow will

Krugan
12-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Tuesday on the fan with mike and scott, LLoyd hinted towards the pressure that would be placed on Tebow if he were to start now.

With the large part of the bronco fan base wanting to see tebow, that only magnifies the pressure that would be put onto tebow.

I dont honestly see it as pressure packed when your most like 3-11 and 2 games left at home, but I can also be open minded enough to understand the reasoning.

If he plays lights out, great. But if he comes in and struggles and falls on his face beyond where Orton has, then a new can of worms opens up. that pretty much means tebow has to come in and play above the player he is replacing. Alot to put on this kids shoulders in meaningless games.

I want to see the product, but fully understand, in thsi situation, why it might be thought of as realy not the proper time to threw him out there.

Its iffy all the way around, tough call from the leadership of this orginization.

Elevation inc
12-15-2010, 02:43 PM

or

people change period and nothing he has done this year shows any of that past behavior, so cut the guy some slack untill he shows that crap again is all im saying, people are making his very level headed and respectful comments out to be way more than they are...the dude is just towing the line being super professional this year...nothing he has done this year points to selfishness, if he was that selfish would he really have signed a vet minum after being inactive 14 games last year, no dude got a wake-up call and is doing the best with it.

if people wanna be cautious by all means, he does have a history of selfishness, but untill he shows that this year I see no reason to slam him liek is being done...and his comments yesterday on the fan were so far from unprofessional and selfish

heck champs i hope i get to play with tebow before I'm done comment is more selfsih than what brandon said all year.....

powderaddict
12-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Tuesday on the fan with mike and scott, LLoyd hinted towards the pressure that would be placed on Tebow if he were to start now.

With the large part of the bronco fan base wanting to see tebow, that only magnifies the pressure that would be put onto tebow.

I dont honestly see it as pressure packed when your most like 3-11 and 2 games left at home, but I can also be open minded enough to understand the reasoning.

If he plays lights out, great. But if he comes in and struggles and falls on his face beyond where Orton has, then a new can of worms opens up. that pretty much means tebow has to come in and play above the player he is replacing. Alot to put on this kids shoulders in meaningless games.

I want to see the product, but fully understand, in thsi situation, why it might be thought of as realy not the proper time to threw him out there.

Its iffy all the way around, tough call from the leadership of this orginization.

If the FO feels the fans would turn on Tebow for looking like a raw rookies in a hostile environment, then the FO would be mistaken.

I'd rather watch Tebow come out and play terrible but look lime he wants to be there than watch Orton slouch himself to the huddleand only play poorly.

In other words, I'd rather lose by more with someone who is excited to play, and exciting to watch, than lose by less with someone who exudes depression whenever they are on the field.

I don't care at this point if Orton is a better QB. Don't tell me Tebow can't lose to Arizona by 30 just as well as Orton can. At least I'll have something/someone interesting to watch.

rcsodak
12-15-2010, 03:09 PM

Exactly! Some of these posters would throw their own mother under the bus if it would make them feel better. :rolleyes:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
12-15-2010, 03:10 PM
he doesnt realize the so called system was orton clsoing his eyes while chucking the ball downfield and praying lloyd would circus catch it.....but yeah it all the sytem cardos...get a grip and open your eyes.....:coffee:

:hi5:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

LordTrychon
12-15-2010, 04:01 PM
If the FO feels the fans would turn on Tebow for looking like a raw rookies in a hostile environment, then the FO would be mistaken.

I'd rather watch Tebow come out and play terrible but look lime he wants to be there than watch Orton slouch himself to the huddleand only play poorly.

In other words, I'd rather lose by more with someone who is excited to play, and exciting to watch, than lose by less with someone who exudes depression whenever they are on the field.

I don't care at this point if Orton is a better QB. Don't tell me Tebow can't lose to Arizona by 30 just as well as Orton can. At least I'll have something/someone interesting to watch.

Of course, if the FO expected every one of our fans to be as levelheaded as Powderaddict... they would also be mistaken.

:laugh:

honz
12-16-2010, 12:35 PM
I guess we gotta bash somebody now that McD is gone and bashing Orton is getting old...

dogfish
12-16-2010, 12:43 PM
I guess we gotta bash somebody now that McD is gone and bashing Orton is getting old...

damn right!

and i'd say you make a pretty good candidate. . . thanks for volunteering. . .

Northman
12-16-2010, 12:53 PM
i'm just very weary of lloyd and always have been. He's been a "me", "show me the money", underperforming, uninspired hack his whole career. We are is 4th team. The fact that he's done as well as he has this year means only 2 things, imo.

or

2) for the first time in his miserable nfl career, he's actually trying.

I think the fans and ownership will stomach losses a hell of a lot easier watching tebow, ball, decker, squid, mcbath, etc than just watching orton fall down and earn a 27 qbr while lloyd catches 2 passes for 30 yards and does his "you can't see me" bs as we lose to the raiders 35-10.

If it's me, i'm playing as many backups and guys i think might actually be on the roster next year as possible. Tebow at qb, ball at rb, starting decker and thomas (if healthy) at wr, starting cox, vaughn, and squid at cb and mcbath and bruton at safety.

This isn't just about tebow anymore. It's about seeing what the broncos really are depth wise and getting some much needed scouting before the draft. We are in a unique position to do this because our season is already over. Lloyd wants to play and wants his buddy kyle to play to get his stats up so he can pressure contract renegotiation. That's all this is about. I'm hoping to get a glimpse of the future of the broncos, not a past season i'd like to forget. Thanks for your input, brandon, but no thanks...

qft

honz
12-16-2010, 01:39 PM
damn right!

and i'd say you make a pretty good candidate. . . thanks for volunteering. . .
Better me than Lloyd. I am far more deserving.

TXBRONC
12-16-2010, 02:36 PM
Better me than Lloyd. I am far more deserving.

You'll get no argument from me. ;)