PDA

View Full Version : Darrent Williams...

McKeough
09-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Was just skimming through my favorites, and came across one of the D-Will tributes I had saved... this one is very well done.

Darrent would have been going into his 4th season this year, and it still makes me emotional thinking about it.

He was a very talented football player, but above that he was an even better father, husband, son, friend, and person. He did so much for the community.

I just thought that with another season upon us, we shouldn't forget the Bronco that won't be with us.

The Javon interview makes me feel terrible for him. I really hope he finishes his career healthy, and with success. Going through that really takes a mental toll on you.

Rest in peace, Darrent... you will never be forgotten! :salute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObB6A8ivnSk

If you can afford 8 minutes out of your day, it's worth the watch.

studbucket
09-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Thanks! I really appreciate this.

pnbronco
09-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Thanks for taking the time. I think I will always tear up thinking Darrent, I will always miss that kid.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2008, 11:25 PM
Thanks so much McKeough :salute:

Rest in peace Darrent - We miss you - God Bless You :salute:

Magnificent Seven
09-03-2008, 01:09 AM
Woooo. I got goosebumps.

Retired_Member_001
09-03-2008, 03:33 AM
Thanks for the post.

:salute:

GEM
09-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Wow! Just wow! Ya forget just how special someone is when they've been gone for awhile. D always played with something that we don't see a whole lot of these days, Heart. Kid had a heart the size of a giant. Small in stature, but he made up for it. I would imagine that in his younger days, people told him to forget it because of his size. He had the wow factor.

Darrent, where ever you are up there, there's a city down here that loved ya. Thanks for the memories.

Ugh...that brought tears.

Magnificent Seven
09-03-2008, 12:56 PM
I don't know which Bronco player deserve his jersey # 27. Steve Atwater or Darrent Williams

GEM
09-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Here is what I always want to remember of D.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/nicole0702/dw27.jpg

The smile...that smile lit up the locker room. I think a big part of the locker room left that day he died. Not so much the play, but the heart. I remember yelling at D sometimes because he would miss a tackle, and 5 min later jumping up yelling because he nabbed an INT. He really was a joy to watch. In watching that tribute, one huge thing you see, D had a great vision on the field. He could see lanes and hit them. He looked like the smallest guy on the field and at times played like the biggest. Here is what seperates a cb like DWill from a guy like foxy, awareness. Just aware of where that ball is at all times, aware of where the WR is. He really was turning out to be something special.

Always going to remember the smile.

Bronco4ever
09-03-2008, 02:39 PM
I don't think I'll have enough time to watch the video before I run off to class, but I'll be sure to tonight. I have been wanting to watch a D-will tribute video for quite some time now, but in an odd way it has been hard to because I feel like I'm watching a video of a deceased family member. I never really thought a death of an athlete could arouse these type of feelings, but the love of all things orange and blue have made it hard to forget what a tragedy it all is. Out of all my time as a Bronco faithful, Darrent's murder was the hardest to over come. We lost much more than a football player on Jan 1st, 2007. Hopefully his legacy as a football star and a person will not soon be forgotten.

SarahKay
09-03-2008, 04:33 PM
That is so sad...

He would have no doubt been one of the best if not the best corner in the league!!! I miss him!

Italianmobstr7
09-03-2008, 05:23 PM
As much as I hate the way that Javon left this team, you can't help but feel terrible for him. I really hope that he can recover mentally and get over this eventually. Tough video to watch, but a good one. It's really too bad that we'll never get to see such a fun young player ever play again. Great tribute vid.

Skinny
09-03-2008, 05:33 PM
Great video Mc, thanks for sharing.

The thing that suprised and stood out to me about Darrent was his strength. Incredibably strong for a guy his size. If DWill got ahold of you, you were'nt going to be taken down, you were going to be thrown down.