PDA

View Full Version : IAOFM - Ten Reasons Not to Play Tebow

itsalloverfatman
12-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Ten Reasons Not to Play Tebow
TJ "The Dude" Johnson Dec 14, 2010 12:00 PM

If you're not with Studesville, the terrorists win.

If you're not with Ellis, you don't bleed orange and blue (gross).

If you're not down with waiting for Godot Tebow, then, well, you're a Raiders fan.

The horror!

Broncos fans, stop your incessant jabbering. You've no right to demand the Broncos play Tim Tebow. Haven't you heard? Phil Rivers and Aaron Rodgers rode the pine for centuries before they hit the field.

So shut your pie holes. Got it? No? Well let me give you some reasons why the Broncos shouldn't start Tebow before Joe Ellis takes off his tie, rolls up his sleeves, and bitch slaps you.

1) Tim Tebow Is Too Fragile

It's clear that Tebow isn't perfectly ready to hit the field: playing him too early could damage his fragile psyche. He's played in front of crowds of hundreds of thousands and millions on television; he's played for national titles; he's signed a contract to model underwear for Jockey; he's even been thrust into a national debate about abortion. Still, Studesville knows the Silver and Black drag queens in The Black Hole are too scary for him. He might throw an interception. He might bloody his nose (already did that, but still). He might pull a groin muscle.

Until Tebow is a perfect practice replica of Drew Brees, you are just going to have to wait. Let's face it, John Elway once tried to take a snap under guard in his rookie season; Peyton Manning threw 28 interceptions and lost 13 games. Where did it get them? It got them...wait, I take that back. Just trust me on this, giving Tebow leadership experience in the huddle at the end of the year will only damage him.

2) Guys Are Playing For Their Very Jobs

Playing Tebow now disrespects guys like Steven Hauschka, who are playing for their very existence on the team. You gonna deprive Hauschka of trying to feed his family? 13 games on tape are not enough for the next coach and GM to evaluate the current crop of Broncos. We need at least 14 games in which the Broncos play all of their starters. Why? Because 14 is more than 13, so there!

3) It Ruins Kyle Orton's Chance At a Pro Bowl

Show some respect to Kyle Orton. Orton makes more money if he gets to the Pro Bowl. By calling for Tebow, you're probably hurting his chances of feeding his family--really well. Frankly, Broncos fans, it disgusts me.

4) It Might Lead to Failure

If the Broncos play Tebow, and he doesn't do well, the Broncos may have to rethink Tebow as a quarterback. And that would be criminal. I believe it was written in the Book of Job, "Thou shalt always playest the same position that thou didst play in college."

Better to not fail and keep the fan base guessing than to fail and have to convert Tebow to an H-Back. Nobody needs a good H-Back in this league. Dallas Clark and Chris Cooley, get out of here.

5) It Could Ruin Studesville's Shot At Being the Broncos' Next Coach

I hate to say it, but by wanting to see Tebow on the field before next year, Broncos fans, you're hurting Eric Studesville's ability to feed his family. He has to play Orton to win games and receive consideration for next year's job. I mean, look, if Joe Ellis says he's got a four-game audition, it's got to be true, right?

Cont'd here... (http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/ten-important-reasons-to-keep-tebow-on-the-bench)

MasterShake
12-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Still, Studesville knows the Silver and Black drag queens in The Black Hole are too scary for him.

:lol:

vandammage13
12-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Ten Reasons Not to Play Tebow
TJ "The Dude" Johnson Dec 14, 2010 12:00 PM

If you're not with Studesville, the terrorists win.

If you're not with Ellis, you don't bleed orange and blue (gross).

If you're not down with waiting for Godot Tebow, then, well, you're a Raiders fan.

The horror!

Broncos fans, stop your incessant jabbering. You've no right to demand the Broncos play Tim Tebow. Haven't you heard? Phil Rivers and Aaron Rodgers rode the pine for centuries before they hit the field.

Yeah, except Rivers was behind Brees and Rodgers was behind Favre...Tebow is behind hapless Orton.

Great post though.....funny.

BroncoSojia
12-14-2010, 01:13 PM
3) It Ruins Kyle Orton's Chance At a Pro Bowl

heh I think that ship has sailed

arapaho2
12-14-2010, 01:36 PM
heh I think that ship has sailed

and sank faster then the titanic