PDA

View Full Version : Tatum Bell Stole Rudi Johnson's Bags

studbucket
09-02-2008, 08:24 PM
So, according to PFT, this is one reason why Tatum was cut.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/02/rudis-crazy-day-in-detroit/

A strange thing happened to running back Rudi Johnson when he visited with the Detroit Lions on Monday.

Someone stole his stuff.

Seriously.

Specifically, and as we’re told by a reliable source (i.e., not the person who told Mort that Joey Harrington had agreed to terms with the Ravens on Monday, or the person who told John Clayton that Todd Bouman had agreed to terms with the Ravens on Tuesday), Johnson left his bags outside CEO Matt Millen’s office while he met with team officials and, ultimately, worked out a deal with the team.

So when Johnson came back to get his bags, they were nowhere to be found. Johnson and Millen were stumped.

Enter the eye in the sky.

The team checked the videotapes generated by the team’s in-house surveillance system, and they quickly identified the culprit.

So who might it have been? None other than Tatum Bell, who lost his gig with the Lions after Rudi arrived.

Per the source, Bell took the bags to the house of a female acquaintance. When confronted on the matter, Bell offered up some cockamamie story that he thought the bags belonged to someone he knew. The girl, however, said that she hadn’t seen Bell in several months and he showed up out of the blue and asked her to keep the bags for a while.

Johnson has retrieved the bags, and it’s our understanding that charges won’t be pressed.

Tatum apparently didn’t know that he was being monitored.

Fortunately, the displaced running back wasn’t Najeh Davenport

Take it for what it's worth, but it is funny if true.

claymore
09-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Lmmfao!

Lonestar
09-02-2008, 08:35 PM
So, according to PFT, this is one reason why Tatum was cut.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/02/rudis-crazy-day-in-detroit/

Take it for what it's worth, but it is funny if true.

anyone else need any more proof he is a moron..

Wonder how much the bags were worth? tater might be doing hard time..

frauschieze
09-02-2008, 08:36 PM
anyone else need any more proof he is a moron..

Wonder how much the bags were worth? tater might be doing hard time..

Said charges weren't being pressed.

MOtorboat
09-02-2008, 08:38 PM
:pound:

Steal my job, I steal your shit. Tit for tat beotch!

dogfish
09-02-2008, 08:45 PM
i was just getting ready to post this. . . . LMFAO!!

:rofl:

guess he couldn't hold onto the bags any better than he held onto the ball. . . .

Lonestar
09-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Said charges weren't being pressed.

still have to wonder who would hire the clown after this??

WTE
09-02-2008, 09:04 PM
This is worse than cheating. This is Grand Larceny!!

dogfish
09-02-2008, 09:07 PM
somebody posted this comment:

Once again, the Lions had to check the tape to see how their defense let a guy through untouched.

:rofl::hahaha:

Dreadnought
09-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Words fail me...

NightTrainLayne
09-03-2008, 10:34 AM
After supporting Tatum all these years because of his Oklahoma State connection, I now feel compelled to point out that he is actually from Texas. :D

LordTrychon
09-03-2008, 10:34 AM
somebody posted this comment:

:rofl::hahaha:

:rofl:

Tatum's quick... if you let him buy you... he could take it to some random girls house!

Lonestar
09-03-2008, 10:35 AM
After supporting Tatum all these years because of his Oklahoma State connection, I now feel compelled to point out that he is actually from Texas. :D

East Texas, the other side.. Those from West Texas have more class.

Dreadnought
09-03-2008, 10:37 AM

Is there a difference between Texas and OK? Aren't they both just dusty flyover places?

NightTrainLayne
09-03-2008, 10:39 AM
Is there a difference between Texas and OK? Aren't they both just dusty flyover places?

Not so dusty right now. . .Gustav is dumping some serious rain in these here parts.

Lonestar
09-03-2008, 10:46 AM

West Texas is dusty starting about Abilene and East awfully green and nice..

Parts of OK maybe but from what I have seen remind me of SYR..

CoachChaz
09-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Tatum is from the Dallas metroplex (DeSoto HS). Can't really be specified as East or West Texas as both of those regions tend to produce your "less than classy" prodigy's. Patrick Crayton of the Cowboys is from the same high school.

BigDaddyBronco
09-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Stay classy Tatum, stay classy. :tsk:

Dreadnought
09-03-2008, 01:36 PM
I apologize to my Texan and Oklahoman friends here. I was being a wise-ass. It still happens to me on occassion after all these years.

dogfish
09-03-2008, 01:52 PM
I apologize to my Texan and Oklahoman friends here. I was being a wise-ass. It still happens to me on occassion after all these years.

several times daily is "on occasion?"

:confused:

topscribe
09-03-2008, 02:13 PM
This is worse than cheating. This is Grand Larceny!!

Grand?

Well, depends on what was in the bags, I guess.

I know, I know . . . you were being facetious . . . :D

-----

turftoad
09-03-2008, 03:13 PM
RUDI SPEAKS ABOUT BELLHOP INCIDENT
Posted by Mike Florio on September 3, 2008, 2:54 p.m.
The Detroit Lions won’t address the reported luggage heist by former Lions running back Tatum Bell, committed against new Lions running back Rudi Johnson. Per Mlive.com, the team released the following statement: “We are aware of the media reports regarding former player Tatum Bell. Our sole focus continues to be on our regular season opener in Atlanta. We will not have any further comment on the media reports involving Tatum Bell.”

But this statement apparently doesn’t apply to, for example, Rudi Johnson.

Also per Mlive.com, Johnson confirms that Bell took two duffel bags from the team’s locker room on Monday, and that when he got the bags back on Tuesday, items were missing.

“Underwear, socks, credit cards and money. He left my money clip with no money in it,” said Johnson. “He should’ve taken the clip, too. It’s quite stupid if you ask me.”

Johnson also said that he saw Bell take his bags on surveillance tapes at the team’s facility.

“All of this happened after he got released and came in and got some stuff out of his locker,” Johnson said. “That’s when he scooped the bags up, some real shyster, conniving stuff.”

Johnson confirmed that he won’t press charges. “I’m not going to the police for this one,” he said. “I don’t need anybody else, I can handle it.

“He tried to make up some excuse, he tried to blame it on somebody else so I didn’t try to entertain something that didn’t make any sense. He tried to make up an excuse. He said some girl had got it and took it to somebody’s house. The story didn’t make any sense so I didn’t pay it any attention.

“He knows how I feel about it, trust me. He knows how I feel about it and it’s nothing positive. He said it was a mixup. It is what it is.”

Bell could be signing with the Texans. Coincidentally, the Texans host the Lions on October 19.

We have a feeling that, if Tatum is on the team, Rudi will be bringing only a toothbrush. And a crate of whoop-ass.

turftoad
09-03-2008, 03:14 PM
BELL SAYS “I AIN’T NO THIEF”
Posted by Mike Florio on September 3, 2008, 3:53 p.m.
Former Lions running back Tatum Bell denies that he stole anything from new Lions running back Rudi Johnson.

“I ain’t no thief,” Bell told the Detroit Free Press in a phone interview regarding Johnson’s contention that Bell stole two bags while Johnson visited the team facility on Monday. “I ain’t never been one, and I ain’t never going to be one.” (Doesn’t that technically mean he is a thief, he has been one, and he will be one again?)

Bell claims that he thought Johnson’s two Gucci bags belonged to former teammate Victor DeGrate, whom the Lions had released on Saturday. Bell says DeGrate had asked Bell to retrieve his backpack.

“I didn’t have a clue,” Bell said. “I wasn’t thinking or nothing at the time. I just grabbed the backpack and grabbed the other bag. It wasn’t in nobody’s locker or nothing like that. It was just sitting right there by the computers. . . . So I grabbed them and put them in the car.”

Bell claims he took the bags to a friend of DeGrate’s. He later was contacted by the team, and learned there was video of him taking Rudi’s bags.

“I said, ‘If you look on film, I wasn’t in no hurry or nothing. I was just going about my day,’ ” Bell said. “I tried to talk to Rudi yesterday, but he was pretty upset, so I let it go. So now it’s that I’m being a thief. I come to found out that the bags weren’t whose I thought they was. It was just an honest mistake, man.”

So how did the bags come back without the stuff in them?

“I didn’t go in the bags,” Bell said. “I didn’t open up no bags. I don’t have his stuff.”

Johnson maintains otherwise, and he claims that he doesn’t accept Bell’s explanation. “If anybody’s got some Perry Ellis boxers for sale,” Johnson said on Wednesday, “you know where they came from.”

So, apparently, they’ve agreed to disagree.

“I asked [Johnson]. I said, ‘What do I need to do to clear my name?’” Bell said. “I asked the organization, ‘What do I need to do to clear my name? What do I need to do to reimburse Rudi? What can I do to help?’

“But ain’t nobody saying nothing to me. They’re just stuck on the fact that I’m a thief. I’m like, ‘You all know me better than that.’ I ain’t never been in no trouble. You know what I’m saying? I ain’t never, ever, ever been in no situation like this. I’m just trying to clear my name.”

Tatum, the chances of you clearing your name are about the same as you getting another job in the NFL.

OB
09-03-2008, 03:35 PM
GD - if he says aint one more time im gonna freakin scream - if they are quoting him - he AINT no scholar - damn -

Whats happening to pro sports :confused:

broncobryce
09-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Who would want him? Well, Denver Jr. of course!

slim
09-03-2008, 09:06 PM
This can't be true...no way Tatum could make it all the way to his car without fumbling the bags.

scott.475
09-03-2008, 09:48 PM
Being discussed in the "Other" forum already. Pretty funny stuff.

scott.475
09-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Okay, I understand these guys go to college only as an avenue to the NFL, but seriously...after 4 or 5 years, taking even the most rudimentary college schedule, shouldn't you at least be able to talk???

Northman
09-03-2008, 09:51 PM
What dumbass, went from a somewhat adequate RB to a wannabe MoClarett. lmao

EastCoastBronco
09-04-2008, 08:55 AM
still have to wonder who would hire the clown after this??

Jerry Jones.

pnbronco
09-04-2008, 10:57 AM
I was at a total loss for words when I first read the article but I think Tatum said it best: “I didn’t have a clue,” Bell said. :laugh:

I hope he reads this article and maybe start taking a few night classes on grammar. Or given the situation he put himself in he can probably take them in the day....:tsk:

hamrob
09-04-2008, 11:40 AM
I think it was an honest mistake. Give me a break. The guy has millions...why steal someones undies?

If it really was an honest mistake...then Rudi Johnson is the real pri**!

BigDaddyBronco
09-04-2008, 12:13 PM
I like how Rudi isn't going to press charges, what is he gonna go gangsta on his ass? Oh, that's mature.

Oh, and Tatum, it's called "Hooked on Phonics", go buy it.

NameUsedBefore
09-04-2008, 01:03 PM
I think it was an honest mistake. Give me a break. The guy has millions...why steal someones undies?

No dude.

Remember "Tank"? Guy has millions, why the **** would he be stashing AK-47s?

Some people just don't get it whether they're dirt poor or have more money than they know what to do with.

BroncoWave
09-04-2008, 01:14 PM

Well there is motive: IE, Rudi taking Tatum's job.

dogfish
09-04-2008, 03:50 PM
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/6744/tbpa9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Lonestar
09-04-2008, 04:54 PM
heard on sirus 124 today He got back every thing BUT, there is still couple hunderd bucks missing along with ID cards and charge cards..

True or NOT I do not know..

hamrob
09-04-2008, 06:20 PM
No dude.

Remember "Tank"? Guy has millions, why the **** would he be stashing AK-47s?

Some people just don't get it whether they're dirt poor or have more money than they know what to do with.Maybe so.

hamrob
09-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Well there is motive: IE, Rudi taking Tatum's job.Perhaps...but the whole thing sounds too unreal to me. This thing has been blown out of proportion. You'd think if the media was going to make such a big deal out this...that at least they'd check out TB's story...that he was picking up the luggage of one of his friends...why hasn't the media spoken with the "So-called" friend to see if he actually asked TB to pick up his bags for him? It seems to me that's relevent information.