PDA

View Full Version : Blow it up!!

TimBuff10
12-14-2010, 04:11 AM
All coaches, ball boys, equipment guys... Get rid of them all.

As for the players, they can just about all go. Keep Clady, Graham, Royal, Lloyd, Dumerville, Bannan, Moreno and Larson... Everyone else needs to go on the trading block and if no one offers anything then cut them loose.

Love Champ but he doesn't want to waste his last couple years of being productive on a rebuilding team and he is probably the most valuable thing we have. Hopefully he can get a ring somewhere soon.

TimTebow15MVP
12-14-2010, 04:59 AM
worst idea ever. the broncos have alot more talent than what you named. if we (blow it up) then the next gm and coach is no better than mcdaniels. who left behind alot of talent. just didnt know how to use it.

Canmore
12-14-2010, 05:06 AM
All coaches, ball boys, equipment guys... Get rid of them all.

As for the players, they can just about all go. Keep Clady, Graham, Royal, Lloyd, Dumerville, Bannan, Moreno and Larson... Everyone else needs to go on the trading block and if no one offers anything then cut them loose.

Love Champ but he doesn't want to waste his last couple years of being productive on a rebuilding team and he is probably the most valuable thing we have. Hopefully he can get a ring somewhere soon.

McDaniels already blew it up, from here to kingdom come. Now we desperately need some one to put the Broncos back together.

sneakers
12-14-2010, 05:31 AM
Keep Brady Quinn too!

Lancane
12-14-2010, 06:45 AM
McDaniels already blew it up, from here to kingdom come. Now we desperately need some one to put the Broncos back together.

That almost sound Humpty-Dumpty-ish Can...:lol:

But you're exactly right, we need someone to come in and organize the talent we have or is developing solidly and go from there. Of course, it would be the right time to separate from those the club wants to disassociate itself with. A lot depends on the offensive and defensive system that will be installed by the new regime.

TimBuff10
12-14-2010, 01:16 PM
worst idea ever. the broncos have alot more talent than what you named. if we (blow it up) then the next gm and coach is no better than mcdaniels. who left behind alot of talent. just didnt know how to use it.

Yes, there is a lot more talent than my list of a half dozen to keep. And those guys that have value and are not on the list is what the next coach will use to build his team.

Teams are about chemistry, and this group has none right now.

shank
12-14-2010, 01:18 PM
graham, bannan, and larsen are our building blocks?

TimBuff10
12-14-2010, 01:18 PM
Keep Brady Quinn too!

Haha, said the Jokester!

Nope, no value and no production... You did see the preseason right?

TimBuff10
12-14-2010, 01:20 PM

One of the best TEs in the game. Great blocker and can catch too. Perfect for a physical power running team.

Larson can play both ways, gotta be a spot for him as a backup FB or LB and ST guy too.

Bannan is about the only guy on the DLine that has shown anything this year.

dogfish
12-14-2010, 01:40 PM

did you notice his name is "tim buff?"

little homerism at work there. . . bannan is at least usable as a rotational guy, but dan graham's been hot garbage this year for what he gets paid. . . still a solid blocker, but he couldn't catch VD in a thai brothel-- dude is mr. drop the ball this year. . . he should be one of the first guys cut-- for what we're paying him, we could sign a real stud TE like marcedes lewis, who can catch and block. . . or we could get a comparable TE for a lot less. . .

shank
12-14-2010, 01:43 PM
One of the best TEs in the game. Great blocker and can catch too. Perfect for a physical power running team.

Larson can play both ways, gotta be a spot for him as a backup FB or LB and ST guy too.

graham could raw dog madonna and not catch anything.

larsen is good, and i love the guy, but he's no difference maker.

kevin vickerson has been much more consistent than bannan this season and is 4 years younger.

dogfish
12-14-2010, 01:45 PM
graham could raw dog madonna and not catch anything.

larsen is good, and i love the guy, but he's no difference maker.

kevin vickerson has been much more consistent than bannan this season and is 4 years younger.

larsen is cool, but he's always hurt. . . we seriously need to bring in somebody to compete for his spot this off-season. . .

TXBRONC
12-14-2010, 01:53 PM
did you notice his name is "tim buff?"

but dan graham's been hot garbage this year for what he gets paid. . . still a solid blocker, but he couldn't catch VD in a thai brothel

This line is pure gold. :rofl:

CoachChaz
12-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Just out of curiosity...what has Royal done? Last year he was out of position...this year he's actually in the slot and getting receptions and still doing nothing. Is it hard to admit that he could be just another in a history of WR's looking good as a rookie and then being nothing in the NFL?

Or are we keeping him because Shanny drafted him and he hasnt been "utilized properly" since then?

hotcarl
12-14-2010, 02:30 PM
This line is pure gold. :rofl:

you should check out some of jeff foxworthy's "you might be a redneck if..." stuff, pure comedy genius :beer:

Lonestar
12-14-2010, 02:39 PM

come on think.

Who did he get rid of in 09 Jay, leach and most of the defense.

The rest was the same. a couple of NE players added.

2010 got rid of BM, TS, hamilton, casey and hillis.

just how is that blowing it up? about 17 players including 8 that are no longer in the NFL.

Sorry I just do not see the end of the world.

turftoad
12-14-2010, 02:53 PM
come on think.

just how is that blowing it up? about 17 players including 8 that are no longer in the NFL.

I think there are a few more names that could be added to that list plus a bunch of draft blunders.

I wonder if McFired thinks it's the end of the world. :shocked:

slim
12-14-2010, 02:57 PM

Good Lord...

G_Money
12-14-2010, 03:04 PM
People get bent about what Josh got rid of and the stupid ways he attempted to rebuild the Broncos.

Clady is not best-suited to our new "blocking scheme" but our OL coach is so horrible, how would we know what he can and can't do?

Our whole OL is basically a giant unknown. 3/5 of it kept Cutler's jersey clean all season and had a good running game to boot, and were all young guys. We have SOME sort of OL talent, it's just miserably coached.

I think we're getting a new RT this year in the draft. Ours is very injury prone and will be a FA, I believe. I don't think we're locking Harris up long-term, so a new one is in order - especially if Tebow is ever gonna play and we don't want to move Clady to cover his blind spot.

But we have some OL pieces, we have a ton of receivers, we have one serviceable running back, we have a 1st round QB and Orton to back him up (or vice versa, I guess)...

The offense isn't a lost cause. There's no need to go postal on it.

Defense is another story. We invested heavily in a lot of aging or aged DBs and DL, and all of that's falling apart. I think we need better LBs, but first and foremost we need that DL help - and to decide whether we're running a 3-4 or a 4-3 next year. I'd rather run a 4-3, but that does mean we need even more DL and it neuters Doom and Ayers. Though Ayers already looks neutered, so it's probably not that big a loss for him.

The defensive overhaul is gonna take WORK. The offensive one? Not nearly as much.

It's basically the same job as 2 years ago, but swapping Tebow with zero games of experience (could we PLEASE let him play??) in for Cutler's 3 years.

That's gonna set us back a bit, but it's not total carnage. At least not yet. If the OL doesn't work out then we can swap out Beadles and Walton later, but they'll work for the first year of the new regime. We've got plenty of guys to catch passes from Tebow, and at least one guy to hand off to.

There's gonna be a metric ton of defensive turnover - again - but we could basically stand pat on offense and rely on better schemes and coaching to make improvements there.

No need to nuke the whole team. Not in this one offseason, at least.

~G

GEM
12-14-2010, 03:35 PM
come on think.

The last number I heard was that 45 out of 53 players were new under McDaniels. If that isn't blowing it up, I don't know what is.

I Eat Staples
12-14-2010, 03:57 PM

Joke post?

BroncoTech
12-14-2010, 04:10 PM
If I was coach I'd make Orton the back up and move Teebow up and cut Quinn. I'd cut Graham for dropping passes and looking lost in the run game. I'd hire Wade as DC and let him run the D.

2 years....SUPERBOWL

BroncoJoe
12-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Good Grief.

Krugan
12-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Im just glad I have logged in for 2 days and up to this point, not found a new thread with someone getting arrested for something.

It has blown up my pride in the character of the team:) (blown up meaning inflate)