PDA

View Full Version : This team is NOT going to be a loser next season

PAINTERDAVE
12-14-2010, 02:52 AM
I think we are not that bad off.

A good GM... (Please, Pat)
a new defensive minded HC...
a good draft...
Heck if we get the top 3 pick in each round that is HUGE...
and we have the extra pick in round 2 from the Marshal trade.

We DO have some talent on this roster.

The good, young guys are probably pretty excited about the future...
having a chance to be on a new, better team.

We need to sign Champ.
Dude has gas in the tank and is an incredible leader.
He can move to safety and be a BIG part of the NEW BRONCOS.
Champ can help shape ouir new defense... Big Time.

Prater and Colquit are great.

Doom is gonna be back. Ayers looks promising. Sydquan looks good.
We get some big stud D-lineman with our first 3 picks. Bannon is good for another season or two.
Williams can probably hold up for another year. Joe Mays will be back.
Bruton might come around.

Decker, Thomas, Lloyd, Royal, Moreno, Beadles, Harris, Clady, Walton, Tebow.
Spencer larsen will be back.

We need to draft a stud TE.

This team is NOT a perrenial loser... we just need to recover from the chaos of McD.

cuzz4169
12-14-2010, 02:56 AM
There is only 2 guys you named Doom and Clady that dont have any ? marks about them...Champs is...will he resign...and the rest are on their talent not one of them is a proven stud including Mr. Overrated DJ Williams....

PAINTERDAVE
12-14-2010, 03:02 AM
So you are a "glass is half full kinda guy"?

Just tryin got look at the bright side while we deal with ...

-amatuer hour in the coaching staff...
-a dis-spirited lackluster starter at QB
-etc etc etc

Just trying to see a silver lining...

but you just gotta come in and piss in my cornflakes?

UrbanBounca
12-14-2010, 03:09 AM
I'll start looking at the bright side when Denver actually starts winning.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

cuzz4169
12-14-2010, 03:10 AM
So you are a "glass is half full kinda guy"?

Just tryin got look at the bright side while we deal with ...

-amatuer hour in the coaching staff...
-a dis-spirited lackluster starter at QB
-etc etc etc

Just trying to see a silver lining...

but you just gotta come in and piss in my cornflakes?

hahaha sorry bro lol...ill leave lol

Dzone
12-14-2010, 03:16 AM
Hope youre right. It always feels better to try to find hope in this currently dreadful scenario. Things have to get better.

PAINTERDAVE
12-14-2010, 10:13 AM
They might still get a bit worse...
what with 3 games to "endure" under these amatuer coaches..
it seems every week is a new debacle.

Still...

I think we are not so bad off next year...
with some of the talent we have moving forward.

BroncoStud
12-14-2010, 10:16 AM
I have no faith in this front office to make sound football decisions. I think this has exposed Bowlen for the joke of an owner he has really been. He conceded almost all his power to Shanahan, who thankfully was a damn good football coach. Bowlen had Elway to bail him out all those years...

Now that he made the SAME mistake with McDaniels, only worse because he was so young and inexperienced, the front office is finally recognizing the need for institutional organization? It took THIS to teach them that lesson?

I have no faith in Bowlen but I hope he surprises me.

BroncoJoe
12-14-2010, 10:20 AM
One mistake in 25 years as an owner hardly makes him a "joke of an owner."

Jesus people. Get a grip.

Mike
12-14-2010, 10:28 AM
To be honest it is a little difficult to be optimistic at this point.

The Broncos have some bright spots, but if we don't get the right people in the FO and coaching positions it is easy to see us becoming the next Detroit Lions.

I hope Bowlen learns from the past and decides to bring in a qualified GM who can hire his coach and assemble a quality coaching staff. I am tired of our FO being a cluster.

BroncoJoe
12-14-2010, 11:16 AM
To be honest it is a little difficult to be optimistic at this point. The Broncos have some bright spots, but if we don't get the right people in the FO and coaching positions it is easy to see us becoming the next Detroit Lions.

I hope Bowlen learns from the past and decides to bring in a qualified GM who can hire his coach and assemble a quality coaching staff. I am tired of our FO being a cluster.

As a fan base, we've been very spoiled over the past 30 years. I don't remember where I've seen it, but we have one of the top W/L records during that span in the NFL.

Everything is cyclical. We may be down, but not out. I have full confidence in Bowlen. He's earned it over the years.

vandammage13
12-14-2010, 11:24 AM
I agree with the OP...as long as Orton is gone, or at least deep on the bench.

hotcarl
12-14-2010, 11:35 AM
dont forget that there will probably not be a full season next year or at least no OTA and training camp for the new coach.

heres how your theory might shake out:
1. no season - you would be correct, we will not be a loser
2. partial season - you are incorrect,they will lose most if not all of their games
3. full season - you are incorrect,they will lose most if not all of their games and most games will be blacked out for local audiences and the team will be sold at the end of the season and moved to L.A.

Lonestar
12-14-2010, 11:49 AM
I think we are not that bad off.

A good GM... (Please, Pat)
a new defensive minded HC...
a good draft...
Heck if we get the top 3 pick in each round that is HUGE...
and we have the extra pick in round 2 from the Marshal trade.

We DO have some talent on this roster.

The good, young guys are probably pretty excited about the future...
having a chance to be on a new, better team.

We need to sign Champ.
Dude has gas in the tank and is an incredible leader.
He can move to safety and be a BIG part of the NEW BRONCOS.
Champ can help shape ouir new defense... Big Time.

Prater and Colquit are great.

Doom is gonna be back. Ayers looks promising. Sydquan looks good.
We get some big stud D-lineman with our first 3 picks. Bannon is good for another season or two.
Williams can probably hold up for another year. Joe Mays will be back.
Bruton might come around.

Decker, Thomas, Lloyd, Royal, Moreno, Beadles, Harris, Clady, Walton, Tebow.
Spencer larsen will be back.

We need to draft a stud TE.

This team is NOT a perrenial loser... we just need to recover from the chaos of McD.

I'm not a fan of harris. Who seems the be getting beat like a drum in pass protect. Plus his lack of actual playing time over the past 4 years. About 30 games total out of 61 to date.

I have faith that Tebow will be the Franchise QB. And that quinn will be the backup after Orton is gone.

Not so sure a stud TE is all that necessary depending on the next scheme.

As for a defensive minded HC could care less if the new GM is any good. That will take care of itself.

If we do not get a good gm then we are screwed one way or the other. IMO

We have an incredibly young team once you get past the 8 or so that are on defense.

All of the rest are under 7 years in the league and of them few have played more than 60% of the time.

I feel we are a couple of starting DLINE guys away from being a winner. And maybe 8-10(mostly depth) total from consistent playoff team.

I believe we need to get beefier on both sides of the LOS. Not all that much on the oline but a bit. But the dline needs heft especailly at NT where a 315 backup is not going to make it in a 3-4 for very long. Think 330 is the absolute minimum weight for a NT and 310 or so for DE.

As to that with the passing games in the NFL getting stronger I'll hope that we will stay with 3-4. We are a long term DE,NT, thumper MLB and atwater type safety away from being a mean flexible defense. IMHO

I had wanted a GM hired first last time. So let's hope they do it the right way this time.

The Glue Factory
12-14-2010, 03:38 PM
I had wanted a GM hired first last time. So let's hope they do it the right way this time.

If I recall it started out that way but ended up with the Goodman's out and Xanders in. I wonder how things would have turned out if McD was told that the Goodman's were in charge of player acquisitions when he wanted a different GM.

All we can hope for is that Bowlen wises up (please Mr. Elway help with this!) and focuses on hiring a good GM first.

I Eat Staples
12-14-2010, 03:51 PM
Even after all this, people are still optimistic about us. :lol:

But, we can certainly have hope for the future now that McDumbass is gone.

BORDERLINE
12-14-2010, 04:42 PM
I believe if we pick good D-Linemen in the draft add a LB or two and a draft a solid T.E,

we can improve our defense big time.

jamal williams: out or back-up at best.
Bannan: will have to do for now
Vickerson: (i happen to like him, he's built like a tank) but needs to be more consistant.

Dawk: out he is out of gas
Bailey: sing his azz keep him here
DJ: lost a step but i still think he stays
Mays: solid back-up unless he has a great offseason and TC
J.Hunter: should be gone
Haggan: should start

it all starts with the defense...the offense just needs to find a scheme that works for them. Tebow will do fine

sneakers
12-15-2010, 06:30 AM
Even after all this, people are still optimistic about us. :lol:

But, we can certainly have hope for the future now that McDumbass is gone.

You see teams go from 4-12 or 5-11 to 12-4 or 11-5 EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Sorry accidentally hit caps lock button and didnt feel like erasing that and retyping.

BroncoStud
12-15-2010, 10:25 AM
There needs to be a LOT of turnover in this roster, especially on defense. Most importantly is finding a good QB and building up the defense. Thanks to McD we lost a lot of talent. Getting Elvis back will help next season.

Juriga72
12-15-2010, 11:04 AM
I think we will do much better NEXT year. We will have one of the weakest scheds, Elvis back, Kyle thrown in the trash...and oh yeah.... That azzclown McDummy is gone.

I'd say EASY we go 10-6

PAINTERDAVE
12-15-2010, 11:24 AM
There needs to be a LOT of turnover in this roster, especially on defense. Most importantly is finding a good QB and building up the defense. Thanks to McD we lost a lot of talent. Getting Elvis back will help next season.

Tebow

Cugel
12-15-2010, 11:56 AM
The Grim Meathook Reality is that this team is rated by NFL personnel people as being about 27th or worse in the league in terms of talent on their roster.

They have a few aging veterans like Champ and Dawkins, virtually NO good young players outside Lloyd, Dumervil, and Clady, and the rest are players who would either be on the bench or else cut from most other teams. Or else they're busted draft picks who might make a decent backup on other teams but who would probably be considered overpriced as a starter (Ayers might be an example).

That's NOT a prescription for a quick turnaround. :coffee:

The Broncos probably need about 15 new starters including finding a franchise QB (and few NFL GMs think Tebow will be the answer).

Even if Tebow IS the answer it will take him about 3 years: i.e. 2013 before he's really ready to lead the Broncos anywhere. That means TWO MORE LOSING SEASONS or at best 8-8.

Poet
12-15-2010, 12:06 PM
To become Detroit Lions or 90's Bengals bad, you have to really do a lot more damage to their team.

You need to sign about three top five draft pick busts in a span of three to five years.

Then you need a string of bad head coaches. When I mean bad, I mean as bad as what you just experienced. Yes, there are a lot of coaches that are as bad as McDaniels.

Then, you need a lot of bad luck. You need to have a lot of your good players' contracts come up so they can leave the burning ship. After that the good players that you draft all need to get banged up or get season/career ending injuries.

On top of that, the icing on the cake would be for your division to be incredibly good, minus you of course.

Juriga72
12-15-2010, 12:56 PM
To become Detroit Lions or 90's Bengals bad, you have to really do a lot more damage to their team.

You need to sign about three top five draft pick busts in a span of three to five years.

Then you need a string of bad head coaches. When I mean bad, I mean as bad as what you just experienced. Yes, there are a lot of coaches that are as bad as McDaniels.

Then, you need a lot of bad luck. You need to have a lot of your good players' contracts come up so they can leave the burning ship. After that the good players that you draft all need to get banged up or get season/career ending injuries.

On top of that, the icing on the cake would be for your division to be incredibly good, minus you of course.

Well..... THIS last coach just chased away MOST if not ALL the talent on the offense. Young talent that is, the kind that CAN take a struggling team right to the top.

But... I still feel, getting any new coach...ANY new starting qb who can throw a 4 yard pass on 3rd and 4....... and the easy sched next year

we can get 10 wins. IF we have a bit of luck

Ravage!!!
12-15-2010, 01:37 PM
yeah.. we did have the young talent on this team, offensively, to build around and rise through the division/conference. Unbelievable how this coach came in and wiped us clean.

Lonestar
12-15-2010, 03:53 PM
The Grim Meathook Reality is that this team is rated by NFL personnel people as being about 27th or worse in the league in terms of talent on their roster.

They have a few aging veterans like Champ and Dawkins, virtually NO good young players outside Lloyd, Dumervil, and Clady, and the rest are players who would either be on the bench or else cut from most other teams. Or else they're busted draft picks who might make a decent backup on other teams but who would probably be considered overpriced as a starter (Ayers might be an example).

That's NOT a prescription for a quick turnaround. :coffee:

The Broncos probably need about 15 new starters including finding a franchise QB (and few NFL GMs think Tebow will be the answer).

Even if Tebow IS the answer it will take him about 3 years: i.e. 2013 before he's really ready to lead the Broncos anywhere. That means TWO MORE LOSING SEASONS or at best 8-8.

that is an awfully broad statement, so which players as starters have to be replaced.

Poet
12-15-2010, 03:55 PM
You're still a long ways off of being that bad. For starters, you still have too many good/great players left.

Dumervil will be counted as a good player because he's coming off an injury, has yet to have back-to-back stud years.

Clady is still an elite LT.

Eddie Royal is a good number two WR.

Lloyd is doing better than he should, but he's a pretty good WR.

Your quarterback is solid.

On defense, DJ is versatile, I've mentioned Doom, Champ is still pretty good and who knows if he will or will not come back.

When you look at some of the historically terrible teams, you're double up on them in terms of proven talent and even talent that is unproven.

I think a lot of you haven't experienced a truly terrible team for a long time, and are exaggerating.

Lonestar
12-15-2010, 03:58 PM
If I recall it started out that way but ended up with the Goodman's out and Xanders in. I wonder how things would have turned out if McD was told that the Goodman's were in charge of player acquisitions when he wanted a different GM.

All we can hope for is that Bowlen wises up (please Mr. Elway help with this!) and focuses on hiring a good GM first.

IIRC goodmans are nothing but scouts. I do not know what they are doing today, but I doubt it is as a GM.

When I said a real GM that means someone with actual experience in the past.

Who ever they get I hope it is GM first and then build teh stafff around him and his ideas. If they do not then we just add a few more years to the misery index.

Lonestar
12-15-2010, 04:00 PM
You're still a long ways off of being that bad. For starters, you still have too many good/great players left.

Dumervil will be counted as a good player because he's coming off an injury, has yet to have back-to-back stud years.

On defense, DJ is versatile, I've mentioned Doom, Champ is still pretty good and who knows if he will or will not come back.

When you look at some of the historically terrible teams, you're double up on them in terms of proven talent and even talent that is unproven.

I think a lot of you haven't experienced a truly terrible team for a long time, and are exaggerating.

Good post :salute::salute:
Some believe that you need pro blow talent at each and every spot in order to win games.

Ravage!!!
12-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Every position.

We have a #2 WR, and not even sure Lloyd is here next year.. and I'm betting he never puts up the performance he did this season. A RB that has finally shown something at the end of this season, and a QB that probably wont be here. A top LT.

We have Champ, DJ, Dawkins and Doom on defense. Some would say Ayers. I'm thinking Champ and Dawkins both, are gone. That leaves Doom, Ayers and DJ. Only ONE of those three have proved to be dynamic. One is an unknown, and DJ is about as solid as you can get, but nothing great.

Top Talent: LT, Doom, and CB (Champ) who probably will be gone.

Above average talent: DJ Williams, Knowshon Moreno, Brandon Lloyd (maybe), and Eddie Royal (maybe).

Unknowns: Tebow, Ayers, Walton

Summery.

Defense: 2 top players, 1 above average LB, and an unknown in Ayers.

Offense: Top LT, above average RB, and an unknown at WRs and QB.

Poet
12-15-2010, 04:18 PM
And you're still miles ahead of the truly terrible teams. I'm not predicting that you guys win a SB, but it's not like you're void of realistic hope.

Last year the Chiefs had a questionable QB, a WR that could play when he wanted to, an average offensive line, unproven high draft picks on the defensive line, no secondary save one corner and some solid RB's.

Ravage, I'm here for you man. We can get through this together. Later on I'll tell you the story about Akili Smith safetying himself or the Carl Pickens clause. It's ok big man, we got this.

Ravage!!!
12-15-2010, 04:19 PM
And you're still miles ahead of the truly terrible teams. I'm not predicting that you guys win a SB, but it's not like you're void of realistic hope.

Last year the Chiefs had a questionable QB, a WR that could play when he wanted to, an average offensive line, unproven high draft picks on the defensive line, no secondary save one corner and some solid RB's.

Ravage, I'm here for you man. We can get through this together. Later on I'll tell you the story about Akili Smith safetying himself or the Carl Pickens clause. It's ok big man, we got this.

:lol: :lol: Thanks bro....:beer:

TXBRONC
12-15-2010, 05:26 PM

I appreciate the complements but King when a team is 3-10 with three games left to play you're truely bad. Yes we do have some good players but on the whole we are good football team right now.

I would say our quarterback was solid up about three weeks ago. Something just not right with him.