PDA

View Full Version : If Orton gets injured in Oakland...

PAINTERDAVE
12-14-2010, 12:37 AM
... the sucky thing is that the whole week of preparation will have been wasted on old, lackluster Kyle...

and then young healthy Tebow will be thrown to the wolves with NO EXTRA PREPARATION.

Does this make sense?

I have been major surprised Orton has not already been clocked.

The Raiders just might tee of on Kyle in order to get at Tebow...
an UNPREPARED Tebow.

Ever consider that aspect?

UnderArmour
12-14-2010, 12:38 AM
YES! YOU ARE ONTO SOMETHING! THE PATRIOTS AND THE COLTS NEED TO STOP PRACTICING BRADY AND MANNING CAUSE THEY MIGHT GET INJURED! Gotta take precautions. I wonder why the rest of the NFL hasn't thought of this? Dude you need to be a Head coach somewhere.

Lancane
12-14-2010, 12:39 AM
... the sucky thing is that the whole week of preparation will have been wasted on old Kyle...

and then young healthy Tebow will be thrown to the wolves with NO EXTRA PREPARATION.

Does this make sense?

an UNPREPARED Tebow.

Watch it be Brady Quinn thrown in and not Tebow...:lol:

PAINTERDAVE
12-14-2010, 12:42 AM
YES! YOU ARE ONTO SOMETHING! THE PATRIOTS AND THE COLTS NEED TO STOP PRACTICING BRADY AND MANNING CAUSE THEY MIGHT GET INJURED! Gotta take precautions. I wonder why the rest of the NFL hasn't thought of this? Dude you need to be a Head coach somewhere.

You are actually comparing Brady and Manning to Orton?

Comparing the 2010 colts and 2010 patriots to the 2010 Broncos?

UnderArmour
12-14-2010, 12:43 AM
You are actually comparing Brady and Manning to Orton?

Comparing the 2010 colts and 2010 patriots to the 2010 Broncos?

Nah dude. Just saying what if Manning got hurt and Curtis Painter has to come in? Why doesn't Curtis Painter get all the 1st team reps? Manning could get hurt. All of that time spent with Manning would be wasted.

PAINTERDAVE
12-14-2010, 12:55 AM
Nah dude. Just saying what if Manning got hurt and Curtis Painter has to come in? Why doesn't Curtis Painter get all the 1st team reps? Manning could get hurt. All of that time spent with Manning would be wasted.

Totaly different situations.

I am seriously concerned that Orton, in his lack of confidence,
might not finish this game for whatever reason...
and I would hate to see Tebow go in un-prepared.

UrbanBounca
12-14-2010, 12:57 AM
So, you would rather Tebow get all the practice in preparation for Orton getting injured in the future? Are you God?
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

PAINTERDAVE
12-14-2010, 01:13 AM
So, you would rather Tebow get all the practice in preparation for Orton getting injured in the future? Are you God?
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

No.

I am saying that as CRAPPY as Orton is playing...
with a lack of confidence and with obvious apathy...
the way he stumbles to the ground after he throws his picks...

that I dont think he will finish the Raiders game uninjured and I have a real concern
about throwing Tebow to the wolves.

Northman
12-14-2010, 01:26 AM
No offense PD, but where do you come up with this crazy shit? lmao

PAINTERDAVE
12-14-2010, 01:29 AM
Glad to make you chuckle..... :elefant:

PAINTERDAVE
12-14-2010, 01:31 AM
When I saw Orton get his bruised ribs against the Cards...
when I saw Tebow on the sideline warming up with his helmet on...
I was wondering how much game planning they had done with him for this situation.

So...

what if the Raiders knock Orton out with a concussion...
HOW MUCH GAME PLANNING WILL TEBOW HAVE BEEN GIVEN BY THESE AMATUER COACHES?

Northman
12-14-2010, 01:35 AM
I was wondering how much game planning they had done with him for this situation.

So...

Probably the same that McD gave him. Very little. No backup QB is totally prepared when they go in for a starter. They have a limited knowledge of the playbook with basic plays. Tebow probably has taken a few snaps with the first teamers but he will still be a rookie with a limited grasp of the playbook. Pretty standard for the NFL.

Lonestar
12-14-2010, 01:36 AM

So...

I posted in another thread the Email I get from CBS4.

Lombardi said that they had game planned for Orton all the way with Tebow getting only SCOUT TEAM REPS.

THAT ALL OF THE PLAYS in the game day play book were designed for Orton.

He suggested that they keep tebow and Mc Coy a room together and not come out untill tebow knew this weeks playbook down pat.

PAINTERDAVE
12-14-2010, 01:42 AM
I posted in another thread the Email I get from CBS4.

Lombardi said that they had game planned for Orton all the way with Tebow getting only SCOUT TEAM REPS.

THAT ALL OF THE PLAYS in the game day play book were designed for Orton.

He suggested that they keep tebow and Mc Coy a room together and not come out untill tebow knew this weeks playbook down pat.

I guess my thread is not so crazy after all.......

dogfish
12-14-2010, 02:08 AM
dave, man. . . this is some tinfoil hat type stuff. . .

we know you want tebow. . . hell, i've even come to agree with you-- i was yelling "put him in already" at my TV before halftime. . .

but you seem kinda obssesed with it. . . i'd like to see the kid also, but it's just three games-- the future of the franchise isn't exactly in the balance. . . which i know you know-- just sayin'. . .

tebow's just one guy on the team, you can't expect them to change the whole squad's preparation over "might happen" scenarios. . . the starter gets the first team reps, that's how it works everywhere. . . you plan for your starter to play. . . i wouldn't mind at this point if they wanted to start tim, but if they're not going to, they certainly can't give him a bunch of first team reps-- nobody does that, at least not that i know of. . .

now, if orton is in fact hurt-- which it sure looked like he was last week-- then they should start quinn if they aren't willing or ready to start tebow, for whatever reason. . . i don't know if orton's just mentally beaten, but his arm looks completely spent, which isn't a surprise considering how much we've thrown it this year. . . either way, i didn't feel like they were doing him any favors sending him back out there every series when he was clearly in pain as well as playing like dogshit. . .

stupid, really. . . in any serious rebuilding scenario, the only smart choice is to use orton as your bridge quarterback-- he's already on the roster and doesn't require any further investment, he has chemistry with our receivers, and he's generally a reliable vet who doesn't turn it over that much. . . and his contract is up at the end of the year. . . whether he's the transition starter or the vet mentor and backup, we can afford him for a year, and it's just neater and simpler than looking for another short term vet. . .

our stubborness in keeping him in is NOT helping that plan. . . you're giving the league lots of extra film of his weaknesses, you're probably killing his confidence, and you're making a lot of fans hate the guy unfairly. . . which is bad enough if you have to use him for another year, but what's a lot worse is that you may well be eroding the confidence his teammates have in him. . .

and if you were planning on trading him, you're pretty much killing that also. . . nice work all around. . . those are all reasons that hockey coaches tend to pull their starting goalie if he's having a bad game and getting his ass kicked-- same for baseball managers removing their star pitchers just as early as they would anyone else if the guy doesn't have it and he's getting bombed. . . no reason to leave your top guy out there under those conditions and let the other team take hacks at him. . . doesn't benefit anyone. . .

the whole situation DOES stink, and the worst part is who the **** has any idea who's in charge at doves cry valley? i would love to know what their reasoning is for not letting tim play. . . i doubt it's anything sinister-- i think it's more likely they just don't know WTF they're doing, and whoever is making the calls is grasping at straws at this point. . .

i'm not sure it matters that much, though. . . what happens over the off-season is what's going to be vital. . . whether it's elway coming on in an executive role and then leading the hiring process, or just bowlen directly hiring an executive VP of football ops type of guy who is clearly the final voice on all decisions, someone who has a clue-- and thus by definition is NOT joe ellis, brian xanders, eric studesville or anyone else associated with this year's fiasco-- someone who can provide some clear direction for the organization is needed. . . if that doesn't happen, whether we see tim this year or not won't even make the list of our concerns. . .

BroncoStud
12-14-2010, 10:14 AM

Manning isn't going to lose his job due to performance or being eliminated from contention, Orton may. The young QBs need more snaps at practice. Seems very logical to me.

chazoe60
12-14-2010, 10:23 AM
I think Dave is onto something in the fact that Tebow and Orton are exact opposites as QBs. Orton is a heady pocket passer with little to no mobility. Tebow is a mobile rookie who, even the most faithful such as mysel will agree, is probably going to struggle a little with the mental aspects of the pro game at first.

Tebow would struggle running the gameplan that was tailored for Orton just as much as Orton would struggle with one made for Tebow. But, you still have to give the horse you decide to ride the most practice.

I just hope they choose a different horse soon, the one we've been riding needs to be put out to pasture.

TXBRONC
12-14-2010, 10:26 AM
... the sucky thing is that the whole week of preparation will have been wasted on old, lackluster Kyle...

Does this make sense?

an UNPREPARED Tebow.

I can't where I read it but there is thought part of Orton's slump is because he's been beat to hell by all the sacks.

If Tebow should have to enter the under those condition, the coaching staff has to do the best that they can to help him keep the game manageable. This could also be a advantage for Tebow because the Raiders will not be preparing for mobile quarterback. I'm not saying that would be enough to help us get the win but you never know.

LRtagger
12-14-2010, 10:35 AM
Why is this all of a sudden a concern now? Shouldnt this have been a concern since day 1? Just because Orton has been playing like poo doesn't mean he is more prone to injury. If you want Tebow to get more time in practice because you want him to start or to play a significant role in the gameplan, then say so. But no backup QB in the NFL is ever going to get more reps in practice because the coach has a "hunch" that the starter is going to get injured.