PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Lloyd on the fan... good listen

HORSEPOWER 56
12-13-2010, 11:02 PM
Lloyd talks about Tebow, why we suck so bad, and how our offense was figured out by week 4...

http://www.1043thefan.com/podcasts/Episodes.aspx?PID=1623

He's against starting Tebow because he thinks Orton still gives us the "best chance to win" (I think he's just sticking up for his best buddy who loves to throw him the ball) but he does address some good points. Big Al gets medieval on the coaching staff...

If you've got a couple of hours, hour 1 and 2 are very good (specifically the 2nd half of hour one and first half of hour 2).

MileHiWildcat
12-13-2010, 11:07 PM
Lloyd talks about Tebow, why we suck so bad, and how our offense was figured out by week 4...

http://www.1043thefan.com/podcasts/Episodes.aspx?PID=1623

He's against starting Tebow because he thinks Orton still gives us the "best chance to win" (I think he's just sticking up for his best buddy who loves to throw him the ball) but he does address some good points. Big Al gets medieval on the coaching staff...

If you've got a couple of hours, hour 1 and 2 are very good (specifically the 2nd half of hour one and first half of hour 2).

Lloyd just knows that with Tebow at QB, they will run more, and hey - I don't know - win more ? The guy sounds like he's all about his personal stats.

honz
12-13-2010, 11:09 PM
Lloyd just knows that with Tebow at QB, they will run more, and hey - I don't know - win more ? The guy sounds like he's all about his personal stats.

Lloyd has been all class this season and maybe the best story of the Broncos' season.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Lloyd has been all class this season and maybe the best story of the Broncos' season.

I actually have to agree with him, honz. The way he sticks up for Orton even with how bad he's been playing shows me that he's more about what's best for Brandon and Kyle and not the Broncos. Lloyd has always been a "me first" guy. I find it incredibly hard to believe he's changed much. Is he playing great? Yep. Is he playing on a low ball-short term deal? Yep. You think that plays a factor? Of course.

Krugan
12-13-2010, 11:15 PM

Without the insults...

He has been a very stand up guy all year. He is on with mike and scott every week and has been very proffesional throughout all this.

From his own mouth, he says he is happy he is having a good year, but would much rather have wins than stats.

PAINTERDAVE
12-13-2010, 11:15 PM
I think a lot of these players just want to get out of this season in one piece.

A great guy like Lloyd... well...
not faulting him...
but you do have to wonder about EVERY players motivation at this point.

But Lloyd is a good guy... not faulting him for wanting to continue with what has worked for HIM this year.

Northman
12-13-2010, 11:16 PM
I actually have to agree with him, honz. The way he sticks up for Orton even with how bad he's been playing shows me that he's more about what's best for Brandon and Kyle and not the Broncos. Lloyd has always been a "me first" guy. I find it incredibly hard to believe he's changed much. Is he playing great? Yep. Is he playing on a low ball-short term deal? Yep. You think that plays a factor? Of course.

Same. Im happy the guy has had a great year but "best chance to win?" At this point its about more than winning and he needs to understand that. The season is lost and im not worried about him making the pro bowl.

silkamilkamonico
12-13-2010, 11:19 PM
I'm starting to wonder if there's some truth to this "Tebow just isn't ready". If that's the case, especially in a season like this, wow.

TXBRONC
12-13-2010, 11:25 PM
It's understandable that Lloyd is sticking up for Orton because to this point they are both having a career year. Orton has really come back the last couple few weeks and the same is true for Lloyd as well. I know Orton has been off target but at the same time Lloyd isn't the way he did earlier in the year. As much I understand why Lloyd thinks that Orton gives them the best chance win the bottom line is when you're 3-10 that's hard sell to make.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-13-2010, 11:27 PM
I'm starting to wonder if there's some truth to this "Tebow just isn't ready". If that's the case, especially in a season like this, wow.

Lloyd freely admits that Tebow is ready. He just repeats that Orton is our "best chance to win" without elaborating what that actually means. he even talks about alternating Orton and Tebow by quarter like preseason or something which I found odd which makes it pretty obvious that he wants Orton throwing the ball because he throws it to him.

D-mac and Big Al press him a little and at one point they turn of the video tape for him to answer questions and I know he has to be very careful about what he says, but personally, I think he's scared of Tebow because of how it will affect him personally (spoken: his stats). I'm sure there are some incentives that lloyd wants to meet so he can get paid and that's what this part of the season is all about when you're 3-10...

honz
12-13-2010, 11:30 PM
I guess no one here sticks by their friends and teammates even when the going gets tough. I can't believe people actually want our players to start throwing our QB under the bus in the media.

Northman
12-13-2010, 11:34 PM
I guess no one here sticks by their friends and teammates even when the going gets tough. I can't believe people actually want our players to start throwing our QB under the bus in the media.

Who said that?

honz
12-13-2010, 11:40 PM
People want Lloyd to say Tebow should play. Lloyd has gone to the playoffs with Orton. Orton has a couple atrocious games and now Lloyd is gonna say Orton should lose his job he worked his butt off for. Personally, I would lie before doing that to a teammate and friend of mine. Whether Lloyd is being honest, I don't know.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-13-2010, 11:41 PM

Nobody said that and a simple "no comment" would suffice for Lloyd if he wanted to diplomatic. Or a "Kyle Orton is our QB until the coaches say otherwise" I could accept, but you'll never convince me that Kyle Orton is more to him at this point than a friend who likes to get him the ball. Shit, I'd respect him more if he just said "I like Kyle because he throws the ball to me a lot", at least that's honest. Don't tell me a QB who has like a 40 QBR with 3 ints, multiple fumbles and sacks and ZERO TDs in the past two weeks gives you the "best chance to win" when you're already 3-10. That's just BS and everyone knows it.

This ain't a Jake/Jay scenario with potential playoffs on the line and the starting QB stinking it up. This is garbage time of the season where at best we're playing for pride and maybe to be a spoiler and at worst we're playing for player evaluation in preps for next season. If all of our rookies and backups aren't getting ample time right now, we're doing ourselves a HUGE disservice as far as our scouting and determining what our real needs are next year.

TXBRONC
12-13-2010, 11:43 PM

I don't see that in the way I'm reading these posts Honz. Like I said I understand why Lloyd is sticking up for Orton and I don't fault him for it. But even though I would expect Lloyd to say that Orton gives us the best chance to win it's not believable when the team record is 3-10.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-13-2010, 11:45 PM
People want Lloyd to say Tebow should play. Lloyd has gone to the playoffs with Orton. Orton has a couple atrocious games and now Lloyd is gonna say Orton should lose his job he worked his butt off for. Personally, I would lie before doing that to a teammate and friend of mine. Whether Lloyd is being honest, I don't know.

Umm, Lloyd and Orton only played together in 2008 on the Bears' squad and they did not make the playoffs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Chicago_Bears_season

TXBRONC
12-13-2010, 11:47 PM

Actually Honz they didn't go to the playoffs the one year that Lloyd spent with the Bears.

Northman
12-13-2010, 11:53 PM

Well, i just need to correct an error on your part. Orton has never played in playoff game. He's led the Bears to the playoffs but never actually played in one. I dont think its a great crime for a player to say "you know, we drafted this guy to be the future and the season is a wash so why not play him". And personally, Orton has been through the ringer before so i highly doubt he would be that phased by being benched.

JaxBroncoGirl
12-13-2010, 11:54 PM

I did not hear this interview but, if he starts our every sentence with "I" then that gives us a clue. He wants more playing time and HE wants to be the star. I am sure he has quality, I just question his motives. Orton is a joke at this point. Orton has had a bad streak which shows all of his weaknesses and shows why he is with the Broncos. I really do not think he would be a starter on any team right now. Yet, Lloyd loves him.........Hmmmmm. Well I would not put too much stock into what Lloyd says at this point.

TXBRONC
12-14-2010, 12:08 AM
I did not hear this interview but, if he starts our every sentence with "I" then that gives us a clue. He wants more playing time and HE wants to be the star. I am sure he has quality, I just question his motives. Orton is a joke at this point. Orton has had a bad streak which shows all of his weaknesses and shows why he is with the Broncos. I really do not think he would be a starter on any team right now. Yet, Lloyd loves him.........Hmmmmm. Well I would not put too much stock into what Lloyd says at this point.

Jax maybe you should count how many times you used the word "I" in your post. :D

JaxBroncoGirl
12-14-2010, 12:26 AM
Jax maybe you should count how many times you used the word "I" in your post. :D

Does it bother you? Generally when you post, it is your perspective. How about the word WE. How about WE agree with Brandon, How about WE continue to play Orton, How about WE continue to see this entire team hit rock bottom. How about WE go with the flow and see where that gets US. How about We love 3-17 record.

How about WE get a trophy for the most improved team and coaching and feel great about it.

"I" did not think so.......

GEM
12-14-2010, 10:44 AM
Does it bother you? Generally when you post, it is your perspective. How about the word WE. How about WE agree with Brandon, How about WE continue to play Orton, How about WE continue to see this entire team hit rock bottom. How about WE go with the flow and see where that gets US. How about We love 3-17 record.

How about WE get a trophy for the most improved team and coaching and feel great about it.

"I" think TX was being a smartass....girl, ya need to lower your sarcasm radar. :D

TXBRONC
12-14-2010, 11:02 AM

There is little bit irony in what you posted. You used the word "I" five times to describe how we shouldn't trust Lloyd for using the word "I" to give his opinion. It was kind of funny to me so I ribbed you a little bit, but it wasn't intended to be cruel or to bait you into a argument. :angel:

arapaho2
12-14-2010, 11:04 AM
seems to me people are gushinbg over the wrong issue

of course he wants orton to play...he is expirienced and they have a report

of course personal stats mean something to him...big stats mean big bucks

But

the reall issue is how one of the star offensive players is confirming that the offensive geniouses offesne was way to predictable

when all the mcd apologists proclaimed "excecution"...the rest of us seen predictablity...now confirmed

Elevation inc
12-14-2010, 11:39 AM
people have lloyd all wrong here, sounds to me like he is being a straight up professional.....I dont think he could have been anymore respectful than he was in those interviews....