PDA

View Full Version : Tebow says Raiders’ ‘Black Hole doesn’t scare me’

TXBRONC
12-13-2010, 09:39 PM
Posted December 13, 2010, 4:46 pm MT Tebow says Raiders’ ‘Black Hole doesn’t scare me’By Lindsay Jones

Let’s say Broncos interim head coach Eric Studesville changes his mind in the next five days and decides that Tim Tebow will start at quarterback — and not Kyle Orton — Sunday against Oakland.

Would the prospect of playing his first NFL game, as a fulltime quarterback that is, in a place as hostile as the Oakland Coliseum, make Tebow wary? No way, he said Monday afternoon.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/12/13/tebow-black-hole-doesnt-scare-me/6129/

He would probably be safer playing in the game rather than standing on the sidelines.

Softskull
12-13-2010, 09:42 PM
That’s easy for him to say. I go there every year. That freak zone terrifies me.

Northman
12-13-2010, 09:45 PM
Bunch of pussycats.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-13-2010, 09:46 PM
That’s easy for him to say. I go there every year. That freak zone terrifies me.

Yeah, but you're not 6'3", 250lbs of concrete cyanide!!!

TXBRONC
12-13-2010, 09:46 PM

Like I said he would be safer on the field rather than on the sideline.

JaxBroncoGirl
12-13-2010, 09:50 PM
Tebow is use to a college home crowd on any given Saturday of about 100k. That is just the swamp.

Tebow has played in so many hostile environments, the dirty playing Raiders are no different and trust me I saw the Raiders against the Jaguars and the Raiders play very dirty. Slaps and hits after the play is dead, 2 or 3 fights and personal fowls 2 or 3 times.

PS. Tebow can run and Orton cannot so I think Tebow would be safer than Orton which seems to have an anchor around his ankle.

BeefStew25
12-13-2010, 09:56 PM
These Gator honks are getting old.

TXBRONC
12-13-2010, 10:15 PM
Tebow is use to a college home crowd on any given Saturday of about 100k. That is just the swamp.

Tebow has played in so many hostile environments, the dirty playing Raiders are no different and trust me I saw the Raiders against the Jaguars and the Raiders play very dirty. Slaps and hits after the play is dead, 2 or 3 fights and personal fowls 2 or 3 times.

PS. Tebow can run and Orton cannot so I think Tebow would be safer than Orton which seems to have an anchor around his ankle.

Playing a professional football team especially a hated rival is not the same as playing a college team.

robert ethan
12-13-2010, 10:32 PM
For starters, Tebow doesn't believe in Black Holes. Or Red Dwarfs, or the Space-Time Continuum. Those things are like the dragons under the bed to you or I.

KCL
12-13-2010, 10:59 PM
Playing a professional football team especially a hated rival is not the same as playing a college team.

Oh you know it...the Raiders D would love to have Tebow on their field.

KCL
12-13-2010, 11:15 PM
Tebow said Monday that those crowds at LSU were the rowdiest (“Especially when they’re all wearing shirts with my cell phone number on it,” he said), though fans were quiet hostile at Tennessee and at Florida State as well.

JaxBroncoGirl
12-14-2010, 12:32 AM

Jeepers, I forgot the NFL it is so much above College. I do not think so. Have you been to the Swamp? I do think there is a difference in College vs NFL, college has no problems selling out the stadium and the NFL well they have been having problems. Oh and the college crowd in the swamp 100k plus. The college game GA/FL every year is 150k per year.

cuzz4169
12-14-2010, 03:30 AM

Yea your right...Playing a hated rival since 1912 isn't the same.

Dirk
12-14-2010, 08:14 AM
All a moot point.

Studs is playing Orton and we will lose again. :tsk:

My hope is that Carolina and Cincy win their games this week. :pray:

Disclaimer: Before anyone says anything about me saying we will lose. It's only my thought and in no way am I selling out or not rooting for the team. I want them to win, but I don't see it happening.

BroncoStud
12-14-2010, 09:59 AM
I think it would be great if Denver ends up with the 1st pick in the draft. It ensures that STUDS and the rest of these clowns would be gone and that Orton would never start another game for this team again.

Plus Denver would own the coveted #1.

TXBRONC
12-14-2010, 10:14 AM
I think it would be great if Denver ends up with the 1st pick in the draft. It ensures that STUDS and the rest of these clowns would be gone and that Orton would never start another game for this team again.

Plus Denver would own the coveted #1.

Even if Studesvilles wins these last three games I don't think it would be enough for him to get the job permanently.

BroncoJoe
12-14-2010, 10:17 AM
The uncertainty of next year is the problem. If no CBA, or a late signing, we may have no choice but to keep him through 2011.

vandammage13
12-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Tebow is used to playing in hostile crowds in the SEC that hover around 100k...There is nothing that the Black Hole crowd would bring that he hasn't seen before.

With that being said, Tebow played for the Gators, which were usually head and shoulders better than their opponent. Playing in the NFL, particularly for this year's version of the Broncos, is where things would be different for him.

The crowd wouldn't affect him at all, but the Raiders defense might.

BroncoWave
12-14-2010, 10:36 AM
The crowd at LSU is WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY more hostile than the Oakland crowd could EVER hope to be. Tebow did just fine playing in Baton Rouge and would have no problem in Oakland. Anyone who thinks ANY NFL crowd is more hostile than some SEC crowds have obviously never been to an SEC game.

vandammage13
12-14-2010, 10:43 AM
The crowd at LSU is WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY more hostile than the Oakland crowd could EVER hope to be. Tebow did just fine playing in Baton Rouge and would have no problem in Oakland. Anyone who thinks ANY NFL crowd is more hostile than some SEC crowds have obviously never been to an SEC game.

Exactly...I have been to NFL games in 4 different stadiums, and I have been to SEC games in 3 different stadiums. There is absolutely no comparison when it comes to the hostility. The SEC crowds are 10x louder than any NFL game I've ever been to.

GEM
12-14-2010, 10:48 AM

She has a point though, TX. It's not like Tebow was in the Mountain West. He was in the SEC where they have more fans show up for games than an NFL team. Many times in a hostile environment. Perhaps not the same kind of hostile as the black hole, but have you seen a Florida guy walk into Bama?

lgenf
12-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Exactly...I have been to NFL games in 4 different stadiums, and I have been to SEC games in 3 different stadiums. There is absolutely no comparison when it comes to the hostility. The SEC crowds are 10x louder than any NFL game I've ever been to.

I would take that to a more general statement

Most top level college stadiums are louder then the NFL stadiums.

Not all, this is not an all encompassing statement, the dome stadiums in the NFL are loud and maybe louder, but outdoor open stadiums pound for pound college is louder - and I would also go so far as to say the passion from the fans is more in college then the NFL as well.

BroncoWave
12-14-2010, 10:52 AM

The rivalries in college football are WAY more intense than in the NFL. The rivalries in the NFL are between fans. Most pro players are friends with each other. And as far as crowd hostility, as I said before, no NFL stadium holds a candle to the SEC.

Dreadnought
12-14-2010, 11:48 AM
These Gator honks are getting old.

I can see that, but I think in the case of jaxgatorgirl3 (unlike, say, some 'Gator honks' that shall remain nameless for the greater good) she made an actual effort to get to know team personnel and to root for Broncos not named Tim Tebow. She never made a secret that she was a noob Bronco fan. Points for integrity. I think you should personally adopt her into the ranks of Bronco fandom. Maybe she will have to be able to recite the names of all Bronco starting QB's in order going back to Frankie Filchock as an initiation.

Krugan
12-14-2010, 12:22 PM
The thought of being in Oakland scares me, not to mention they dont know its not halloween pretty much all year round.

tebow has a large cojones...