PDA

View Full Version : Wilcots and Shine predict Clady to be the rookie of the year.

DenBronx
09-02-2008, 04:47 PM
I don't know if anyone else was able to listen to the show this morning but Solomon Wilcots and Adam Shine both said on the Sirius NFL show this morning that Ryan Clady is a pure beast and they both expect him to be the rookie of the year. They went on to say that after seeing what Clady did through camp and preseason that Clady is this years Joe Thomas. They both even agreed that he would make a bigger impact than a guy like Johnathan Stewart and Darren McFadden, both players that so many Bronco fans were hoping for. To make a long story short they said Clady is a man among boys and will improve our running and passing game, making us an elite team in years to come with Cutler at the helm.

They also both predicted us to win that wild card spot and to be a sleeper in the AFC. It was a great show. Many Bills, Cowboys, Texans, ect. fans were calling in and disagreeing that the Broncos would even make it to the playoffs. I think one Raider fan said he would be shocked if we went 8-8 and that the Raiders would go 7-9 with the Chiefs going 4-12.

To further comment on the show, they both think Marshall is already one of the elite WR's in the league but did say we will need him to beat San Diego. They also said that the 1st game against the Raiders will not be a cake walk but went on to say that we could easily be a 10-6 team and that our schedule should be an easy one. I don't know about easy but I think if we can pull out 4 wins before the bye then we will be in the playoffs for sure! :salute:

NightTrainLayne
09-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Sounds like I missed a great show.

I definitely agree with your analysis that if we win 4 games before the bye that we'll definitely be in the playoffs.

Right now, I'm still not convinced that we can do that (win 4 before the bye), but if we do, lookout AFC, and Playoffs, here we come!

DenBronx
09-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Sounds like I missed a great show.

I definitely agree with your analysis that if we win 4 games before the bye that we'll definitely be in the playoffs.

Right now, I'm still not convinced that we can do that (win 4 before the bye), but if we do, lookout AFC, and Playoffs, here we come!

anything can happen once your in the playoffs. getting there is another story but i think we have a shot, a good shot at that. we really are not that banged up by serious injuries. torain is out till week 6 but how big of an impact was he going to make early on with selvin as a starter anyway. nalen looks like he will be ready to go and hopefully boss will too. but compared to alot of other team i think were pretty much ready to go.

i think we'll lose to san diego, ne and possibly the jags or saints but not both. no, jags and tampa are all home games. is 10-6 out of reach????

Skinny
09-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Thanks for sharing. It's good to hear someone out there is talking about the Broncos and in a positive light. Don't get much Bronco talk in these parts. Most of the time i'm stuck with listening to Micheal Dean Perry talk about the Panthers and food.

Slick
09-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks for sharing. It's good to hear someone out there is talking about the Broncos and in a positive light. Don't get much Bronco talk in these parts. Most of the time i'm stuck with listening to Micheal Dean Perry talk about the Panthers and food.

Prime Time with Packman?

Skinny
09-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Prime Time with Packman?That's it! I like Packman.

Slick
09-02-2008, 05:41 PM
That's it! I like Packman.

I miss that show. Good sports talk and an overall funny show. The whiner line is classic.

dogfish
09-02-2008, 05:50 PM
clady for ROY, huh? seems like they're not the first ones to predict that. . . .

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19826

:cool: :D

WARHORSE
09-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Well, Clady hasnt won ROY yet, but after watching us play Dallas, see my 'What Im excited about' thread. This Oline is for real, and Denver definitely is a sleeper this year, cause it seems like other than these guys, no one pays attention to whats going on with offensive lines.

Thats not even mentioning POLUMBUS. I noticed his play while rewinding tape trying to watch the Oline in the preseason games. Hes 6'8" and 310 pounds. Just think whats going to happen when this guy starts putting on weight. We may have to move Harris inside, cause you dont want a 6'8" dude along the interior of the line! With Harris at 6'5", it would be a much better feel for J. As Polumbus gets better, its going to be hard to keep him off the field.

BRONCOS OR DIE.:beer:

ktrain
09-02-2008, 07:51 PM
That's it! I like Packman.

goodnight mr. packer!!!!

The Queen City ******* (QCB) and his redneck cowboy fan buddy make that show with their mock John Fox interviews.....LMFAO

PatricktheDookie
09-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Once again, Adam Schein shows his utmost respect for our organization. Right on, Adam! Right on!

HORSEPOWER 56
09-02-2008, 09:40 PM
I love Sirius NFL Radio. Schein, Wilcotts, Kirwan, Ryan, and the Godfather - Gil Brandt are just fantastic at doing what they do best and that's talking football. They are by far the most knowledgeable analysts in the media and really are honest and fair.

Great Stuff. I agree with them wholeheartedly! :2thumbs:

DenBronx
09-03-2008, 12:24 PM
someone on BM said peter king from espn radio said that he thought clady would be an all pro lt. they didnt provide a link because it was a radio show but clady has high hopes from more than just bronco fans. the media seems to really be watching this guy.

topscribe
09-03-2008, 12:52 PM
It's good to hear that about Clady. He seems to have accounted for himself
well so far.

That means, in my mind, that the Broncos have two players for whom the
possibility of ROY exists: The other, of course, being Fast Eddie. The kid has
already torn a starting position away from the others and shown flashes of
stardom.

It's funny that Cowboys fans were calling in as naysayers toward any success
by the Broncos this year, after our first-stringers whipped their first-stringers.
I doubt that all the Cowboys players disrespect the Broncos now . . .

-----

dogfish
09-03-2008, 02:13 PM
I love Sirius NFL Radio. Schein, Wilcotts, Kirwan, Ryan, and the Godfather - Gil Brandt are just fantastic at doing what they do best and that's talking football. They are by far the most knowledgeable analysts in the media and really are honest and fair.

Great Stuff. I agree with them wholeheartedly! :2thumbs:

HP, good to see ya bro!

:beer:

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2008, 02:15 PM
He's too stupid to be ROY, remember? :rolleyes:

topscribe
09-03-2008, 02:23 PM
He's too stupid to be ROY, remember? :rolleyes:

Well, maybe the story will be that he didn't have a chance, but he was too dumb to realize it, so he won? :D

-----

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Well, maybe the story will be that he didn't have a chance, but he was too dumb to realize it, so he won? :D

-----

He didn't see the chance coming. :lol:

Slick
09-03-2008, 02:32 PM
It's good to hear that about Clady. He seems to have accounted for himself
well so far.

That means, in my mind, that the Broncos have two players for whom the
possibility of ROY exists: The other, of course, being Fast Eddie. The kid has
already torn a starting position away from the others and shown flashes of
stardom.

It's funny that Cowboys fans were calling in as naysayers toward any success
by the Broncos this year, after our first-stringers whipped their first-stringers.
I doubt that all the Cowboys players disrespect the Broncos now . . .

-----

Good point top. Clady's success should benefit Royal as well. I loved this draft pick. Both picks actually now that I've seen Royal play.