PDA

View Full Version : How about Eric Decker?

robert ethan
12-13-2010, 06:37 PM
Everyone is clamoring for Tebow, but I think that Decker deserves a longer look. The guy has averaged over 20 yards per pass caught and over 30 yards per kick return. Not bad for a "slow possession type receiver".

Northman
12-13-2010, 06:38 PM
He will get his time once they cut gaffney.

shank
12-13-2010, 07:18 PM
decker is the future

silkamilkamonico
12-13-2010, 07:20 PM
With Thomas, Lloyd, and Royal, I don't see much use for Decker really. He might be good, but those 3 in front of him already are. JMHO.

D1g1tal j1m
12-13-2010, 08:01 PM
With Thomas, Lloyd, and Royal, I don't see much use for Decker really. He might be good, but those 3 in front of him already are. JMHO.

Thomas can't stay healthy, Lloyd is starting to loaf around and royal can't hold on to the ball. Decker will get his shot and soon...

The Glue Factory
12-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Thomas can't stay healthy, Lloyd is starting to loaf around and royal can't hold on to the ball. Decker will get his shot and soon...

And how many times has Royal fumbled since 2008 versus Moreno last year alone? Everyone fumbles the ball from time to time and shouldn't be consideration for trade/release. Decker should be kept if for no other reason than he is the best returner we've seen in a very, VERY long time.

silkamilkamonico
12-13-2010, 08:15 PM

Man I hope not, or our offense is in an even more dire situation than I thought. Is our WR unit now a question mark, along with our QB/RB/TE/oline/dline/MLB/CB/and S?

Wow. not good for this organization.

The Glue Factory
12-13-2010, 08:20 PM
Man I hope not, or our offense is in an even more dire situation than I thought. Is our WR unit now a question mark, along with our QB/RB/TE/oline/dline/MLB/CB/and S?

Wow. not good for this organization.

WR is the brightest spot on the team currently.

silkamilkamonico
12-13-2010, 08:49 PM
WR is the brightest spot on the team currently.

I would assume that too, which is why I don't understand why someone would say Decker will soon get a shot because the other 3 have some kind of "issues".

Northman
12-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Actually, Thomas has put the ball on the ground a lot too this year.

Thing is, Thomas has shown potential and as a 1st rounder you expect him to get some looks more often than Decker. But its not a given that Thomas will succeed especially with an injury history. Royal is very good but also inconsistent right now Lloyd had a great year but benefitted greatly by McD's system so im not sold that Lloyd can be a longterm answer there. So really, Decker has just as good a chance as any of these guys right now.

hotcarl
12-13-2010, 09:09 PM
eric decker? more like barometric pecker, this atmospheric phallic symbol needs to stop "making rain" at strip clubs and get down to earth

MileHiWildcat
12-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Maybe Decker can throw the ball to himself. Orton is a train wreck.

jhildebrand
12-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Our WR's next year should be Royal, Lloyd (pending contract), DT, Decker, and Willis.

We are set at WR for a while.

PAINTERDAVE
12-14-2010, 01:37 AM
I like Decker. He is the future. Plenty of room for him on the roster of 2011 and beyond.

PAINTERDAVE
12-14-2010, 01:37 AM
eric decker? more like barometric pecker, this atmospheric phallic symbol needs to stop "making rain" at strip clubs and get down to earth

??????????????????????????
Back it up or shut it down...

SmilinAssasSin27
12-14-2010, 02:04 AM
2010 Lloyd is an aboration. It won't happen again. Gaffney is a system guy, specifically New England's system. That's leaving town w/ McD. Decker is an incredible athelete. Anyone who watched him at Minnesota can see that. He'll be great for us.

sneakers
12-14-2010, 02:08 AM
Tell Decker to return every kick for a touchdown and we wont have to worry about a quarterback on the field.

cardoso
12-14-2010, 02:14 AM
Our WR's next year should be Royal, Lloyd (pending contract), DT, Decker, and Willis.

We are set at WR for a while.

jerry rice, randy moss, and reggie wayne can be on this team and Orton would still fail.

robert ethan
12-14-2010, 02:19 AM
If you go back to the time of the draft, I think that Decker was expected to play before Tebow or Thomas. He was considered more NFL ready. The injury took longer than expected to heal, but he looks like he is capable of starting as a wide receiver at this point. I hope he gets to do it soon, kick returning is kamikaze work. But the potential seems to be huge between he and Thomas. The combination of size and after the catch yardage ability is top end. The team needs a young stud tight end to complement the two of them. I think they should target Kyle Rudolph in the upcoming draft. I think Josh would have done that if he was still here, not sure about the new regime. Whoever that may be.

GEM
12-14-2010, 10:37 AM

Thomas can't stay on the field. The one I'm looking to see is Willis. He looked great in preseason. The only thing that worries me about our WR's is injury, a few of them seem prone.

The Glue Factory
12-14-2010, 11:50 AM
??????????????????????????
Back it up or shut it down...

Settle down Painter. He's just a Honz wannabe. :tsk:

honz
12-14-2010, 06:09 PM
Settle down Painter. He's just a Honz wannabe. :tsk:
That is false. Hotcarl is a great troll!