PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall..Will he Holdout?

Tebow4Ever
09-02-2008, 01:46 PM
I was just curious to know what you all think Bmarsh will do this year when he has become one of the more elite recievers in the league making roughly 400,000 this year? Do you think he will hold out at any point or will he keep on the straight path and playout his current contract? I sure hope he chooses to honor it and let the team come to him about a restructured contract. I had to admit it, But I think if we can keep him a few years. He can become our all time leading reciever. Though He has ALOT of work to do to even consider that. Rod Smith wont be forgotten in Denver any time soon I imagine.Rightfully so...

claymore
09-02-2008, 01:47 PM
I was just curious to know what you all think Bmarsh will do this year when he has become one of the more elite recievers in the league making roughly 400,000 this year? Do you think he will hold out at any point or will he keep on the straight path and playout his current contract? I sure hope he chooses to honor it and let the team come to him about a restructured contract. I had to admit it, But I think if we can keep him a few years. He can become our all time leading reciever. Though He has ALOT of work to do to even consider that. Rod Smith wont be forgotten in Denver any time soon I imagine.Rightfully so...

If he has another season like last year, or better, he wont have to. IMO

Tebow4Ever
09-02-2008, 01:48 PM
If he has another season like last year, or better, he wont have to. IMO

I hope your right..He should easily be able to match last years numbers.

LordTrychon
09-02-2008, 01:51 PM
I hope your right..He should easily be able to match last years numbers.

The only numbers that should be easy to match are his TDs... the rest of them aren't a piece of cake.... there's a reason he's only the 4th receiver ever to catch over 100 in his second year. :salute:

Tebow4Ever
09-02-2008, 01:53 PM
He's also one of only a few that was drafted in the same year with such a great QB...thats in his favor..

underrated29
09-02-2008, 02:02 PM
He was quoted as saying he wanted to catch 140 balls this year. I would trust him over selvin youngs little quote.

But you are right. its no cake walk. Still i think he will do better. The more i see him play the more i have to increase his numbers. maybe like 1500 yards and 17tds. I really feel that he will have close to 19 tds and less yards but i dont care as long we we are winning.

As for the main topic- he might, but i have a feeling he knows that we will take care of him as the jay-marsh combo needs to be around for a l o n g time.

Buff
09-02-2008, 02:05 PM
The thing we have going for us is Shanhan being such a loyal coach. He's gone to bat for Brandon in the media, and Brandon has even said publicly that the organization has been very supportive of him throughout his troubles... Obviously there are no guarantees, but I'd like to think that would weigh into his decision if/when he starts to explore free agency.

claymore
09-02-2008, 02:05 PM
If he comes close to 70 receptions and 750 yards by game 8...... I hope we re sign him then, hopefully he wont cost as much. :laugh:

honz
09-02-2008, 02:23 PM
I'm guessing he gets extended before he is even able to sniff free agency as long as he stays healthy. Cutler to Marshall could be one of the most lethal combos in the NFL for years to come.

DenBronx
09-02-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm guessing he gets extended before he is even able to sniff free agency as long as he stays healthy. Cutler to Marshall could be one of the most lethal combos in the NFL for years to come.

you meant cutler to marshall AND royal could be one of the most lethal combos in the nfl for years to come, right? :D

Crush05
09-02-2008, 04:31 PM
IMO he would not hold out. Rod Smith is guiding him and helping him daily. They are like brothers now. I feel he may become more like Rod!!!!!

girler
09-02-2008, 04:37 PM
IMO he would not hold out. Rod Smith is guiding him and helping him daily. They are like brothers now. I feel he may become more like Rod!!!!!

I hope that is how it happens!!!

DenBronx
09-02-2008, 04:49 PM
can someone please sign my favorite player to a 7 year contract extension already???

dogfish
09-02-2008, 05:57 PM
The thing we have going for us is Shanhan being such a loyal coach. He's gone to bat for Brandon in the media, and Brandon has even said publicly that the organization has been very supportive of him throughout his troubles... Obviously there are no guarantees, but I'd like to think that would weigh into his decision if/when he starts to explore free agency.

i'm sure it will weigh into his decision. . . i fully expect him to choose denver-- as long as we offer as much cash as anyone else. . . i hope that's what you're getting at, because IMO any thought of a hometown discount-- even a small one-- is pure fantasy. . .