PDA

View Full Version : Mmqb 12/13/10

blamkin86
12-13-2010, 01:05 PM
(Mods if I've misplaced this thread, please move and thanks!)

"If we have to pay eight coaches, too bad for us.''
-- Denver chief operating officer Joe Ellis, on the specter of paying two coaches no longer with the team, Mike Shanahan and Josh McDaniels, as well as a new shiny head coach and staff in 2011.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/12/13/week-14-mmqb/2.html

BigDaddyBronco
12-13-2010, 01:10 PM
Eff you Ellis, if you have to pay 8 coaches then the Broncos become the Detriot Lions of the NFL. Hopefully Bowlen would sell the team before that happens.

Grover
12-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Ellis appears to be incompetent. I can't imagine making a strategic decision (firing you Head Coach) and admitting you don't have a plan in place in the news conference afterwards. It just boggles the mind.

Even if you don't have a plan in place, you don't go in front of cameras and SAY it. Holy Cow!

I will happily serve as the Broncos next interim head coach. I mean, I don't know crap about football and could barely muddle through a press conference when asked. But that's also true of Joe Ellis, and he's still on salary.

I'd be willing to do all that just for the severance check. Call me Pat, my phone number is BR-549.

slim
12-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Ellis reminds me of Joe Biden.

Dzone
12-13-2010, 03:43 PM
Ellis is a clown

Denver Native (Carol)
12-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Heard a few weeks ago on some local sports talk show (can't remember which one), when they were discussing the possibility of Elway joining the Broncos, that Bowlen's kids want him to get rid of Ellis. Of course, don't know if that is true or not.

slim
12-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Heard a few weeks ago on some local sports talk show (can't remember which one), when they were discussing the possibility of Elway joining the Broncos, that Bowlen's kids want him to get rid of Ellis. Of course, don't know if that is true or not.

I hope so. I think it is obvious to everyone (except maybe Pat) that Ellis needs to go. Maybe John can make it happen.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-13-2010, 04:13 PM
I hope so. I think it is obvious to everyone (except maybe Pat) that Ellis needs to go. Maybe John can make it happen.

When Ellis gave the press conference after Josh was fired, he said something like, he took full responsibility for putting too much on Josh's plate (not exact words he used), and I thought at that time - dang - it sounds like Ellis is the one running the show - not Bowlen :tsk: