PDA

View Full Version : At Oakland will be Orton's final game starting for Broncos

vandammage13
12-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Starting Tebow is about 3 weeks overdue, but I doubt they make his first start on the road in that hostile environment.

Orton will most likely start the game, stink it up again, and then Tim will start the final 2 home games.

We will probably lose again next week, but at least we can take solace in knowing that this will probably be the last time we see Orton and his noodle arm. It will be like watching a train wreck, which everyone can't take their eyes off of unless it involves one of your own. But in this case, I don't care how bad Orton plays because I know it will be his last for us.

I wish Tebow would start this week, but it ain't happening in that environment. Just bend over and take it for one more week, fans....and just remember that it's the last time we'll have to sit through an Orton debacle.

Dzone
12-13-2010, 10:15 AM
How can we even predict anything when it comes to this team? they are getting ready to interview mike leach on 877...Hes the first victim of the mcd regime

camdisco24
12-13-2010, 10:16 AM
I would agree with that.
I don't think there is any chance Tebow starts in "The Black Hole"
That being said, if Orton looks as bad as he did yesterday, I'd hope we yank him at half...
Tebow can handle the RayDUH fans, but I'd hate that to be his first start...

rocks
12-13-2010, 10:18 AM
I don't see the harm in starting him? Something is obviously wrong with Orton so why send him into the fire?

Dzone
12-13-2010, 10:20 AM
Orton has to know now that he is playing himself out of a JOB. When he is finally benched, he has no reason to bitch about it. He is a very bad quarterback and he has to know it by now

vandammage13
12-13-2010, 10:30 AM
I would agree with that.
I don't think there is any chance Tebow starts in "The Black Hole"
That being said, if Orton looks as bad as he did yesterday, I'd hope we yank him at half...
Tebow can handle the RayDUH fans, but I'd hate that to be his first start...

Logically, I would agree that Orton wouldn't finish the game if he sucks (again) in the first half, but that would go against the MO of this organization so far this year.

I think Tebow isn't going to play next week, barring injury, and they aren't going to put him in unless he gets all the first team reps leading up to the game, which should happen against the Texans.

This is all purely speculative on my part, and Orton could (gulp) end up playing out the entire season, as everything the Broncos have done thus far goes beyond logic.

Rick
12-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Bah, throw him in the black hole. He needs to learn to properly hate the raiders anyway :)

Mike
12-13-2010, 10:34 AM
After yesterday, I will put nothing past this idiotic organization.

BroncoStud
12-13-2010, 10:37 AM
I'm almost to the point of not giving a shit anymore. What this franchise has put it's fan through in the past 2 seasons makes me question why I support it, support Bowlen.

I don't think us fans need an apology, what we need is a reason for HOPE. Everytime STUDS marched Orton back onto the field yesterday ALL oif us Denver fans new there was NO hope.

It's a slap in the face of a loyal fanbase to put us through this nonsense. We WANT to see Tebow play, we deserve to see Tebow play. Tebow deserves to play. Orton quit on this team, he has done that several times this season. To hell with him, he can't get out of town soon enough. I'm as disgusted as I have EVER been watching this team.

vandammage13
12-13-2010, 10:43 AM
I'm almost to the point of not giving a shit anymore. What this franchise has put it's fan through in the past 2 seasons makes me question why I support it, support Bowlen.

I don't think us fans need an apology, what we need is a reason for HOPE. Everytime STUDS marched Orton back onto the field yesterday ALL oif us Denver fans new there was NO hope.

It's a slap in the face of a loyal fanbase to put us through this nonsense. We WANT to see Tebow play, we deserve to see Tebow play. Tebow deserves to play. Orton quit on this team, he has done that several times this season. To hell with him, he can't get out of town soon enough. I'm as disgusted as I have EVER been watching this team.

You are right...This organization is taking this fanbases' loyalty for granted. We are the ones who this team makes money off of, and while I am not stupid enough to think that fan opinion should dictate personnel decisions, at some point you can't keep putting crap on the field and keep expecting us to spend our hard earned $$ on it.

BroncoStud
12-13-2010, 10:47 AM
You are right...This organization is taking this fanbases' loyalty for granted. We are the ones who this team makes money off of, and while I am not stupid enough to think that fan opinion should dictate personnel decisions, at some point you can't keep putting crap on the field and keep expecting us to spend our hard earned $$ on it.

Ya man, I wish we would all boycott Invesco for the rest of this season. I know for as long as Kyle Orton is the starter for this team I will not waste another 3 hours watching them play.

The Raiders are going to BEAT DENVER'S ASS on Sunday. McFadden might run for 250 yards. Orton quit against the Cardinals, you know he will hang it up in the 1st quarter down 14-0 in the Black Hole.

We might as well go find Eddie Kennison and put him in there with Orton.

Dirk
12-13-2010, 10:47 AM

Maybe Jags is right? Maybe the sponsers of the Broncos said, "You put that religious kid in the game and we are going to pull our sponsorships". :lol: :rofl: :lol:

dunk7
12-13-2010, 11:00 AM
If we really want to see if the kid deserves all the hype, why not put him into a less then ideal situation and see how he handles it.

BroncoJoe
12-13-2010, 11:05 AM
Come on now. I'm pretty sure Tebow has played in hostile environments while in College.

The kid can handle it - that much I'm sure.

Dirk
12-13-2010, 11:11 AM
I agree. Put him in there with the Raiders. Let Seymour slap him in the head and see if Tebow knocks him out for it.

Chris90210
12-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Bah, throw him in the black hole. He needs to learn to properly hate the raiders anyway :)
school of hard knocks:beer: and weird looking fans and owner

BORDERLINE
12-13-2010, 11:18 AM
the black hole a hostile enviorment....
like the fans are gonna get in Tebow head????

Tebow has the largest amount of football people wanting him to fail...
the ray-duhhs are 6-7 they are not the Pats or Falcons...
start his ass Studs, use his mobility. Run Moreno through the middle when there defense tries to keep contain.

3 games left, let's make the best of them. I'm tired of Orton

chazoe60
12-13-2010, 11:43 AM
I think I know part of the problem. When making an offensive gameplan you have to take into account the QB's strengths and weaknesses. You wouldn't make the same gameplan for Vick that you would for Brady. Now, maybe the biggest problem the Denver Broncos have right now as far as our QB situation is concerned is the fact that Tebow and Orton are almost polar opposites. Think about it, is there a starter/backup combo in the entire league as different as these two cats.

Tebow is a mobile rookie who comes from a system that didn't force him to make a bunch of reads.

Orton is supposedly a smart accurate pocket passer who moves like an eighty year old with a broken hip. I actually would argue that Orton stares down his first read too much to be considered terribly "smart" as a QB and he throws way too many balls in the dirt to be considered accurate, but those are different debates altogether. In terms of gameplan that is the mold Orton falls into

Maybe the plays designed to utilize Tebow's strengths are buried deep in the playbook and that is why he's not playing. Maybe it isn't so much that Tebow isn't ready to start, maybe the Broncos are not ready for Tebow.

BroncoStud
12-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Could be. I know one thing, our coaching staff SUCKS. How in the world do these guys get jobs at the highest level of their professions? Someone else said it best I think, "maybe McDaniels did everything because his coaches suck..."

Could be. All I know is that McCoy was underwhelming as was STUDS (and that's being kind).

I tought for the most part Wink did ok. The Broncos played well enough on defense to win the game with NO help from the offense.

STUDS looks as lost as Wade Phillips, but at least Phillips had decent assistants.

vandammage13
12-13-2010, 12:05 PM
I think I know part of the problem. When making an offensive gameplan you have to take into account the QB's strengths and weaknesses. You wouldn't make the same gameplan for Vick that you would for Brady. Now, maybe the biggest problem the Denver Broncos have right now as far as our QB situation is concerned is the fact that Tebow and Orton are almost polar opposites. Think about it, is there a starter/backup combo in the entire league as different as these two cats.

Tebow is a mobile rookie who comes from a system that didn't force him to make a bunch of reads.

Orton is supposedly a smart accurate pocket passer who moves like an eighty year old with a broken hip. I actually would argue that Orton stares down his first read too much to be considered terribly "smart" as a QB and he throws way too many balls in the dirt to be considered accurate, but those are different debates altogether. In terms of gameplan that is the mold Orton falls into

Maybe the plays designed to utilize Tebow's strengths are buried deep in the playbook and that is why he's not playing. Maybe it isn't so much that Tebow isn't ready to start, maybe the Broncos are not ready for Tebow.

I think you are probably right (although I disagree that Tebow didn't have to make reads in college. He did, at least pre-snap reads)...They probably are going to need an entire week to insert a totally different gameplan that suit Tim's strengths for Tim to run it.

Obviously, the current gameplan with Orton doesn't work, so I'm not sure what is stopping them from letting Tebow take the first team reps and taylor the gameplan to his strengths at this point, other than them not wanting him to make his first start in a hostile environment.

Personally, I think Tebow would be up to the challenge of starting in OAK, but I'm not sure if the FO has the same confidence that I do, or else Tebow probably would have started 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Regardless of how they feel though, time is running out to see what he can do this year. The season is almost over and we have no idea what Tim can or cannot do (although I think he's gonna suprise people), and I just hope we don't continue to waste an already wasted season. I really think he needs to start now, regardless of the environment, because waiting until the Texans game only gives us a 2 game sample to evaluate him, and I don't think that's enough. I don't think 3 games is enough either, but its better than 2, so lets not compound the problem just because we made mistakes in the past. The FO needs to move forward now and see what we have, and stop stubbornly sticking to their guns.

Juriga72
12-13-2010, 12:22 PM
How do you gameplan when your Qb sucks?

"Lets have him throw short passes"...yea

"Lets try and have him move in the pocket"..lol

"Lets see if he can sustain drives"....LMAO

"Well... he CAN hand the ball off right??"

vandammage13
12-13-2010, 12:28 PM
How do you gameplan when your Qb sucks?

"Lets have him throw short passes"...yea

"Lets try and have him move in the pocket"..lol

"Lets see if he can sustain drives"....LMAO

"Well... he CAN hand the ball off right??"

I know his INT total (on paper) isn't down right atrocious, mostly due to Orton repeatedly checking down, but does anyone know how many fumbles he's accounted for? I don't know the number, but it seems like a lot.

BORDERLINE
12-13-2010, 01:59 PM
Studs just said Orton will start againts the Rayduhs....

I swear I don't expect a win with him under centter no more.

here's to moreno having the game of his life and helping us win

ground balls and overthrows all day...Gaffney diving for every catch

we better have prater back also that kicker yesterday is garbage