PDA

View Full Version : Alfred Williams says "Orton had the worst performance of a quarterback in a long time"

Lancane
12-13-2010, 12:47 AM
Alfred Williams on Overtime on Channel 9, just said that 'Orton's performance today was one of the worst quarterback performances he's witnessed in a long time'. - Ouch!

Northman
12-13-2010, 01:33 AM
Must be his ankle.

jhildebrand
12-13-2010, 02:41 AM
Sandy Clough went at great lengths to describe Orton's game and keep it professional. Orton wasn't in it and it was clear from the start. He couldn't have looked less interested!

BroncoStud
12-13-2010, 02:44 AM
Can what Orton did today even be classified as a "performance" or was it more like a stand-up routine?

If Orton starts another game, if Tebow or Quinn doesn't see the field against Oakland I WISH, and I REALLY WISH that the Broncos fans had the nuts to boycott the Houston game at Denver. I can't wait until we get real coaches, Elway back in the organization, and all that, but what's happening in Denver right now seems to be highly political.

For some insane reason Kyle Orton is being allowed to hold the team back and I'm not sure why... When a QB is having the day he has the past 2 weeks, most coaches worth anything would do the right thing and pull him.

It is OBVIOUS that he does not give this team the best chance to win and he is getting paid millions to simply suck and torture this fanbase with his suckage. It's time to get on with things, admit mistakes, and fix them, and trading Cutler for Kyle Orton was a mistake, but we as fans shouldn't have to pay that price.

Pat Bowlen needs to tell his interim coach to play the young guys, quit being a stubborn douche and play the young guys. He has 3 more games to coach then likely we won't hear from this moron again, but we fans will be here next season. PLAY THE YOUNG GUYS! This coaching staff sucks, this season sucks, it's hard to watch, it's hard to accept, the past two years have been a nightmare dismantling of a great franchise, do the FANS a favor, play the young guys, give us a reason to watch this garbage.

Lancane
12-13-2010, 02:47 AM
Can what Orton did today even be classified as a "performance" or was it more like a stand-up routine?

If Orton starts another game, if Tebow or Quinn doesn't see the field against Oakland I WISH, and I REALLY WISH that the Broncos fans had the nuts to boycott the Houston game at Denver. I can't wait until we get real coaches, Elway back in the organization, and all that, but what's happening in Denver right now seems to be highly political.

For some insane reason Kyle Orton is being allowed to hold the team back and I'm not sure why... When a QB is having the day he has the past 2 weeks, most coaches worth anything would do the right thing and pull him.

It is OBVIOUS that he does not give this team the best chance to win and he is getting paid millions to simply suck and torture this fanbase with his suckage. It's time to get on with things, admit mistakes, and fix them, and trading Cutler for Kyle Orton was a mistake, but we as fans shouldn't have to pay that price.

Pat Bowlen needs to tell his interim coach to play the young guys, quit being a stubborn douche and play the young guys. He has 3 more games to coach then likely we won't hear from this moron again, but we fans will be here next season. PLAY THE YOUNG GUYS! This coaching staff sucks, this season sucks, it's hard to watch, it's hard to accept, the past two years have been a nightmare dismantling of a great franchise, do the FANS a favor, play the young guys, give us a reason to watch this garbage.

Maybe Pat Bowlen wants the highest draft pick he can get? Not probable, but it's something to ponder as we continue to get our butts whooped.

:laugh:

silkamilkamonico
12-13-2010, 03:21 AM
I didn't watch the game today. IMHO, I have a hard time believing it was worse than last week? Was it really.....?

Lancane
12-13-2010, 03:28 AM
I didn't watch the game today. IMHO, I have a hard time believing it was worse than last week? Was it really.....?

Very close in my honest opinion...

silkamilkamonico
12-13-2010, 03:33 AM
Very close in my honest opinion...

Tha is bad. Last week he was 8 for 25 at one point, and missing his targets terribly. He threw the ball out of bounds on alot of sideline routes, where he was sadly trying to throw to a target. I'm not an Orton "fan", but I have acknowledged his solid playing at times IMHO, but last week it was like wtf, get this guy off the field. He wasn't giving Denver a chance at all, IMHO.

Lancane
12-13-2010, 03:49 AM
Tha is bad. Last week he was 8 for 25 at one point, and missing his targets terribly. He threw the ball out of bounds on alot of sideline routes, where he was sadly trying to throw to a target. I'm not an Orton "fan", but I have acknowledged his solid playing at times IMHO, but last week it was like wtf, get this guy off the field. He wasn't giving Denver a chance at all, IMHO.

19 of 41, 166 yards and three interceptions...

He seemed to like throwing it to the guys with the red jerseys more then his own teammates, he could have been picked off about four to five more times to be honest. It wasn't until the 4th quarter that there was any real rhythm, but it was horrid effort all the way around.

Brightest spots of this game was Champ Bailey, Eric Decker and almost having a couple fist fights break out!

Juriga72
12-13-2010, 08:18 AM
Funny how quite the Orton mafia is now.......

wonder why?
I wonder WHY Chicago added him as a afterthought with TWO first rounders for Jay.
I wonder WHY Chicago went to a Super Bowl when he didnt play ONE snap the same year.
I wonder why where the "Kyle for MVP" talk went.

Tned
12-13-2010, 08:22 AM
19 of 41, 166 yards and three interceptions...

He seemed to like throwing it to the guys with the red jerseys more then his own teammates, he could have been picked off about four to five more times to be honest. It wasn't until the 4th quarter that there was any real rhythm, but it was horrid effort all the way around.

Brightest spots of this game was Champ Bailey, Eric Decker and almost having a couple fist fights break out!

And about another three dropped INTs. It was a horrible day, made worse by a handful of drops by his receviers, but this was mostly on Orton.

TXBRONC
12-13-2010, 08:43 AM

Yes it was that bad. Orton didn't "throw the game" like was suggested but he didn't look like he was interested in playing.

vandammage13
12-13-2010, 09:23 AM
Its too bad that Orton is playing this horridly. If the Broncos were banking on him continuing to inflate his stats to increase his trade value, it massively backfired.

I originally didn't think there was any way we would see Orton back next year, but with the way he's been playing as of late, I don't see the Broncos getting much for him in a trade considering how much he's slated to make next year after signing his new extension.

Please, for the love of God, bench him before he tarnishes his trade value any more, and hope that we can at least get SOMETHING for him. It was time to start evaluating Tebow 3 weeks ago...What the heck are we waiting on, because there is no way in hell he could possibly do any worse.

TXBRONC
12-13-2010, 09:32 AM
Its too bad that Orton is playing this horridly. If the Broncos were banking on him continuing to inflate his stats to increase his trade value, it massively backfired.

I originally didn't think there was any way we would see Orton back next year, but with the way he's been playing as of late, I don't see the Broncos getting much for him in a trade considering how much he's slated to make next year after signing his new extension.

Please, for the love of God, bench him before he tarnishes his trade value any more, and hope that we can at least get SOMETHING for him. It was time to start evaluating Tebow 3 weeks ago...What the heck are we waiting on, because there is no way in hell he could possibly do any worse.

I don't think they were banking on Orton's trade value increasing. I doubt that even if Orton finishes the season strong that he would net more than a 4th round pick. Right it's hard say if Orton will be here or gone next season but I were bet the farm I would say Orton isn't going anywhere.

BroncoStud
12-13-2010, 09:38 AM

Orton was WORSE yesterday than at Arrowhead, and the Cardinals absolutely suck. He got handily outplayed by a rookie QB from Fordham making his first NFL start. Williams is right, Orton played as bad yesterday as a QB has in a long, long time.

He gave Denver a 0% chance to win.

chazoe60
12-13-2010, 09:43 AM
I don't think they were banking on Orton's trade value increasing. I doubt that even if Orton finishes the season strong that he would net more than a 4th round pick. Right it's hard say if Orton will be here or gone next season but I were bet the farm I would say Orton isn't going anywhere.
If he's our starter next year I will be pissed. He is almost unwatchable. If we can't trade him I say cut his lethargic ass. Get him the Hell off the team I love.

TXBRONC
12-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Two questions come to mind for me.

1.) Was the game plan to basic?

2.) Was McCoy asking Orton to make throws that he normally doesn't attempt?

TXBRONC
12-13-2010, 09:45 AM
If he's our starter next year I will be pissed. He is almost unwatchable. If we can't trade him I say cut his lethargic ass. Get him the Hell off the team I love.

I wouldn't mind keeping Orton around as a back up.

slim
12-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Way to go out on a limb Alfred.

Mike
12-13-2010, 11:45 AM
Two questions come to mind for me.

1.) Was the game plan to basic?

2.) Was McCoy asking Orton to make throws that he normally doesn't attempt?

Game plan looked solid enough. Nothing out of the ordinary except they seemed to want to run more.

Orton was under pressure at times, but he couldn't complete simple passes yesterday. Way off target the whole game. Comparable to Simms last year. Embarassingly bad coupled with embarassingly bad decision to keep playing him.

BroncoStud
12-13-2010, 11:55 AM
Orton had that look like "please someone get me out of this stadium" yesterday. He quit on us. He's not a leader at all.

slim
12-13-2010, 12:00 PM
Orton had that look like "please someone get me out of this stadium" yesterday. He quit on us. He's not a leader at all.

He looked like a guy pining for a night on Mill Avenue. I bet he banged some skanks after the game.

Poet
12-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Alfred Williams on Overtime on Channel 9, just said that 'Orton's performance today was one of the worst quarterback performances he's witnessed in a long time'. - Ouch!
He must not have watched Carson "Pick Six Palmer play yesterday.

BroncoStud
12-13-2010, 12:03 PM
He looked like a guy pining for a night on Mill Avenue. I bet he banged some skanks after the game.

Would be nice if he hurt his pecker and had to miss this week's game.

BroncoStud
12-13-2010, 12:03 PM
He must not have watched Carson "Pick Six Palmer play yesterday.

Palmer was facing the Steelers, Orton was facing the Cards. BIG difference, but yes, Palmer sucked too. Hasselbeck might have been the worst of all.

G_Money
12-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Orton:

a)is mentally weak, as his coach being in trouble and Tebow's name being mentioned caused him to have the worst performances of his Broncos career back-to-back.

b) fell off the wagon into an inflatable swimming pool loaded to the brim with Jack Daniels and was still hungover/drunk when gametime rolled around.

c) is the nicest guy to ever put on a Broncos uniform, as now no one can say, "But Orton gives us the best chance to win" or "what if Tebow turns the ball over?" He was just taking one for the team before moving on to his next gig because he cares about us Broncos fan, and now he deserves a parade.

d) has a gambling habit he needed to pay off, and when he saw the line against the Broncos and all the varied possibilities to bet on (the spread, over/under on points, turnovers, et al) he paid off his Vegas markers in one fell swoop rather than needing to spread out the game throwing over the whole season. Quite a coup.

Take your pick, I guess. :rolleyes:

~G

Poet
12-13-2010, 12:06 PM
Palmer was facing the Steelers, Orton was facing the Cards. BIG difference, but yes, Palmer sucked too. Hasselbeck might have been the worst of all.

Palmer plays against the Steelers twice a year and both INT's were just god awful especially the second one. It was terrible for both teams how bad their QBs played.

slim
12-13-2010, 12:06 PM
Palmer plays against the Steelers twice a year and both INT's were just god awful especially the second one. It was terrible for both teams how bad their QBs played.

Our crappy quarterback could beat up your crappy quarterback.

BroncoWave
12-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Top has conveniently disappeared. I wonder what his defense for Orton is now?

BroncoStud
12-13-2010, 12:08 PM

I've thought Palmer was overrated for a long time now. He doesn't seem to be the same QB he was early in his career. He doesn't look deep as often and I think in large part coaching is to blame.

Lewis wanted a smash-mouth running game and for a few years we've seen run, run, pass. If the Bengals opened up the offense I think Palmer might be a better QB. Just a guess though, obviously.

Poet
12-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Our crappy quarterback could beat up your crappy quarterback.

There's no way. Palmer is too fast to get hit by Orton. Palmer is smart enough to scream "I'm a pass rusher." Orton has no chance. I concede the fact that your safeties would beat ours up.

slim
12-13-2010, 12:11 PM

He got outplayed by a JUCO QB making his first NFL start.

I am pretty sure not even Top could spin that.

Poet
12-13-2010, 12:12 PM
I've thought Palmer was overrated for a long time now. He doesn't seem to be the same QB he was early in his career. He doesn't look deep as often and I think in large part coaching is to blame.

Lewis wanted a smash-mouth running game and for a few years we've seen run, run, pass. If the Bengals opened up the offense I think Palmer might be a better QB. Just a guess though, obviously.

He was a beast for two years and then a bad offensive line and injuries ran him into the ground.

Lewis is an awful head coach. The Bengals' philosophy has changed every year since 06. Our OC and QB coaches are awful. Palmer's mechanics have suffered ever since our BACK QB left. Jon Kitna should NOT be the best quarterback coach Palmer's had in the NFL.

I want us to go another direction. Honestly I hope Palmer goes somewhere else and tears it up. He is as classy as any person in the NFL and deserves better. We lamed a guy who could have been a Hall of Famer.

BroncoWave
12-13-2010, 12:12 PM

I wouldn't underestimate Top's spinning abilities. I bet Skelton never threw a 72 yard pass in high school.

BORDERLINE
12-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Orton was WORSE yesterday than at Arrowhead, and the Cardinals absolutely suck. He got handily outplayed by a rookie QB from Fordham making his first NFL start. Williams is right, Orton played as bad yesterday as a QB has in a long, long time.

He gave Denver a 0% chance to win.

that's exactly what i think.

everytime he came out with the offense i just knew we where gonna get one first down then 3 and out...no hope with this guy

even if he wins the next three games as a broncos fan i do not want him back next year. he can follow McD to where ever he ends up.

I Eat Staples
12-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Brodie Croyle had a worse performance yesterday.

BroncoStud
12-13-2010, 12:18 PM
He was a beast for two years and then a bad offensive line and injuries ran him into the ground.

Lewis is an awful head coach. The Bengals' philosophy has changed every year since 06. Our OC and QB coaches are awful. Palmer's mechanics have suffered ever since our BACK QB left. Jon Kitna should NOT be the best quarterback coach Palmer's had in the NFL.

I want us to go another direction. Honestly I hope Palmer goes somewhere else and tears it up. He is as classy as any person in the NFL and deserves better. We lamed a guy who could have been a Hall of Famer.

Agree 100%. I love Kitna by the way, he's the man. Look at Romo's development while Kitna has been there too.

vandammage13
12-13-2010, 12:20 PM

HAHAHA....Where is Top? I haven't seen too much of him since the real Orton has appeared.

At least the excuses have finally ceased, and most people have finally accepted how mediocre Orton really is. Actually, calling him "mediocre" is probably an injustice to other mediocre QBs. Mediocre implies average, and Orton is anything but....He's just downright awful.

Poet
12-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Agree 100%. I love Kitna by the way, he's the man. Look at Romo's development while Kitna has been there too.

Kitna is a guy that could become a very good coach or GM in the future. There's a lot of guys that fall into that category, but he's a guy I respect. He owns up to everything that he does. When he couldn't take the Lions to the playoffs, despite being close on year, he put it on himself.

I can't help but be jaded over Cincinnati not making a run at him when he was a FA. STUPID!

Juriga72
12-13-2010, 12:25 PM
HAHAHA....Where is Top? I haven't seen too much of him since the real Orton has appeared.

At least the excuses have finally ceased, and most people have finally accepted how mediocre Orton really is. Actually, calling him "mediocre" is probably an injustice to other mediocre QBs. Mediocre implies average, and Orton is anything but....He's just downright awful.

Hey now..... "He just wins"... "Look at his winning %.. THATS how you judge a qb".....

Of course now that he is losing its everyone elses fault. I still love the "He was traded for Cutler" bit.....yea and TWO first round picks.

TXBRONC
12-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Game plan looked solid enough. Nothing out of the ordinary except they seemed to want to run more.

Orton was under pressure at times, but he couldn't complete simple passes yesterday. Way off target the whole game. Comparable to Simms last year. Embarassingly bad coupled with embarassingly bad decision to keep playing him.

I agree, I didn't think the game plan oversmiplified or that they were asking Orton to do things that he normally doesn't do.

Orton looked who was focused on playing the game.

BigDaddyBronco
12-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Orton's accuracy for the last few games has been really bad. Who knows why? Is it an injury, no confidence, bad play calling, what?

I don't think he is a great QB, but he has been serviceable several times throughout his career so something must be wrong.

At this point playing Tebow or Quinn has to be done to show everyone in the organization that there is a minimum expectation on their play no matter what is happening with the coaching staff.

TXBRONC
12-13-2010, 12:34 PM

Maybe he's just taking a little extra time to prepare? :whoknows:

vandammage13
12-13-2010, 12:35 PM
Hey now..... "He just wins"... "Look at his winning %.. THATS how you judge a qb".....

Of course now that he is losing its everyone elses fault. I still love the "He was traded for Cutler" bit.....yea and TWO first round picks.

I'm just waiting for the "sprained ankles" excuse of last year to morph into "bruised rib" excuses...Shouldn't be too long until we hear that one.

BroncoStud
12-13-2010, 12:35 PM
Maybe he's just taking a little extra time to prepare? :whoknows:

He's studying gamefilm from Purdue to analyze what Kyle's issues might be... Haha, I sure hope not.

tomjonesrocks
12-13-2010, 12:36 PM

Eh. He must not watch a lot of other teams then. There's 5-6 QBs a season that have performances on par. If he'd said "worst performance by an EXPERIENCED QB he'd seen in a long time" I'd have to give it more thought.

Rusty Smith's performance in his one game with the Titans was certainly as bad.

Not that I'm defending Orton.

Dreadnought
Orton's accuracy for the last few games has been really bad. Who knows why? Is it an injury, no confidence, bad play calling, what?

I don't think he is a great QB, but he has been serviceable several times throughout his career so something must be wrong.

At this point playing Tebow or Quinn has to be done to show everyone in the organization that there is a minimum expectation on their play no matter what is happening with the coaching staff.

Agreed. Orton has had two heinously bad games, and ought to be sat down as of now, but I think some of the criticism is bordering on outlandish based on what he's done over the course of the Year. I don't really want him back at this point, but he hasn't sucked all year long. He sucked dead donkeys v. KC and the Cards - thereby merely matching the performance of most of the rest of this team.

horsepig

I'd like to here from Jr too. Where is he? Is he OK?

BigDaddyBronco
12-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Agreed. Orton has had two heinously bad games, and ought to be sat down as of now, but I think some of the criticism is bordering on outlandish based on what he's done over the course of the Year. I don't really want him back at this point, but he hasn't sucked all year long. He sucked dead donkeys v. KC and the Cards - thereby merely matching the performance of most of the rest of this team.

If you discount his performance the rest of the year and say the rest of them carried him, or his recievers just made the plays, then you have to say they were to blame yesterday and Orton is blameless. He can be good, he just doesn't handle adversity very well.

Juriga72
12-13-2010, 12:43 PM

Well.... He has played "Better" in some games. yes.

Of course there are always the pick six and fumble during the Raiders game, the continued 3 and outs for the Chargers game, and please lets not forget the game ending picks for BOTH Jacksonville and San Fran games.

Yes he has played a few good games, but looking back now almost two full years they are far between the bad games

horsepig
12-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Orton:

a)is mentally weak, as his coach being in trouble and Tebow's name being mentioned caused him to have the worst performances of his Broncos career back-to-back.

b) fell off the wagon into an inflatable swimming pool loaded to the brim with Jack Daniels and was still hungover/drunk when gametime rolled around.

c) is the nicest guy to ever put on a Broncos uniform, as now no one can say, "But Orton gives us the best chance to win" or "what if Tebow turns the ball over?" He was just taking one for the team before moving on to his next gig because he cares about us Broncos fan, and now he deserves a parade.

d) has a gambling habit he needed to pay off, and when he saw the line against the Broncos and all the varied possibilities to bet on (the spread, over/under on points, turnovers, et al) he paid off his Vegas markers in one fell swoop rather than needing to spread out the game throwing over the whole season. Quite a coup.

Take your pick, I guess. :rolleyes:

~G

LMAO. I'll go with (c). Good ole Kyle takes one for the fans!

TXBRONC
12-13-2010, 12:48 PM
He's studying gamefilm from Purdue to analyze what Kyle's issues might be... Haha, I sure hope not.

I was actually being kind of serious. I think he'll try and find something that he can hang his hat on. How much water it holds is a completely different matter.

GEM
12-13-2010, 12:49 PM
And about another three dropped INTs. It was a horrible day, made worse by a handful of drops by his receviers, but this was mostly on Orton.

Yea...the Royal pass that was thrown at Royal's feet, somehow Royal made the catch, but the refs called in INC. Then the over the head tosses. Over Lloyd's head in the end zone. Behind the receivers. Orton was just overall pathetic. if he could catch just one receiver in stride I'd probably fall over like the fainting goat.

Holy shit...he put it right in the bread basket.....*plunk*

GEM
12-13-2010, 12:54 PM

Your team was destroyed the day they inked TO to a contract. He's a team killer. Saw on tv last night...he tossed another QB under the bus....at what point does he look at the situation and say....maybe it's not the QB, maybe it's just me. I suck and I have killed every team I have been a part of.

Mike
12-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Yea...the Royal pass that was thrown at Royal's feet, somehow Royal made the catch, but the refs called in INC. Then the over the head tosses. Over Lloyd's head in the end zone. Behind the receivers. Orton was just overall pathetic. if he could catch just one receiver in stride I'd probably fall over like the fainting goat.

Holy shit...he put it right in the bread basket.....*plunk*

He did that...they were just to the guys wearing red jerseys.

Dzone
12-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Top got kinda ticked off yesterday during the game thread, saying the thread was becoming too much of a Tebow thread, so he logged off...Too much Tebowmania

GEM
12-13-2010, 01:04 PM
Top got kinda ticked off yesterday during the game thread, saying the thread was becoming too much of a Tebow thread, so he logged off...Too much Tebowmania

I am a fan of the Broncos, not an individual player. If a player has a chance of helping the Broncos more than another player, put him on the field. Do we know if Tebow will be better? No, but that's why he needs to get on the field.

We need to put Tebow on the field so that we know all that Tebow can do. ~Nancy Pelosi.

:lol:

Poet
12-13-2010, 01:17 PM
Your team was destroyed the day they inked TO to a contract. He's a team killer. Saw on tv last night...he tossed another QB under the bus....at what point does he look at the situation and say....maybe it's not the QB, maybe it's just me. I suck and I have killed every team I have been a part of.

I hate T.O., more than anyone here I can promise you that, but he's just a part of the problem. He's not the QB throwing pick sixes, he's not the corners who are on IR, he's not bad offensive line or the crappy defensive ends.

He's not the terrible head coach, OC or QB coach either.

He's a part of the problem, but not THE problem.

vandammage13
12-13-2010, 01:19 PM
I am a fan of the Broncos, not an individual player. If a player has a chance of helping the Broncos more than another player, put him on the field. Do we know if Tebow will be better? No, but that's why he needs to get on the field.

We need to put Tebow on the field so that we know all that Tebow can do. ~Nancy Pelosi.
:lol:

:lol: putting coaches on the unemployment line gives you the biggest bang for your buck. ~Nancy Pelosi

BroncoWave
12-13-2010, 01:20 PM

I somewhat disagree. If not for TO, the Bengals may not even have 2 wins this year. He has been their best offensive weapon from what I've seen.

BroncoStud
12-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Palmer was heading downhill long before T.O. got there. It's a combination of horrible coaching and injuries. He's just not the player he should be at this point.

Poet
12-13-2010, 01:31 PM
I somewhat disagree. If not for TO, the Bengals may not even have 2 wins this year. He has been their best offensive weapon from what I've seen.

He did nothing against the Ravens or the Panthers. His addition has helped, but when he goes off the QB, offensive line or defense finds a way to FUBAR everything.

Such a bad year.

dogfish
12-13-2010, 01:43 PM

i'm assuming he must be on a massive, epic three-week bender. . . being shitfaced is pretty much the only believable explanation for the way he's played the past two games. . .

:drinking:

dogfish
12-13-2010, 01:45 PM
I'm just waiting for the "sprained ankles" excuse of last year to morph into "bruised rib" excuses...Shouldn't be too long until we hear that one.

so, you just joined last month but you're familiar with top's excuses from last year?

dupe account, heeey-o!

BigDaddyBronco
12-13-2010, 01:48 PM
i'm assuming he must be on a massive, epic three-week bender. . . being shitfaced is pretty much the only believable explanation for the way he's played the past two games. . .

That is true. Being a drunk might mess with your accuracy. I think he has just had a total shattering of self confidence. He had convinced himself that he was a pretty good QB, then a combination of things just shattered him, and now he is just trying to not get killed out there.

vandammage13
12-13-2010, 02:01 PM
so, you just joined last month but you're familiar with top's excuses from last year?

dupe account, heeey-o!

I know Top from another message board that shall remain nameless...He went on the same rants and personal attacks toward people who don't agree with him on there that he does on here...

tomjonesrocks
12-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Palmer was heading downhill long before T.O. got there. It's a combination of horrible coaching and injuries. He's just not the player he should be at this point.

I'd take Palmer in a New York minute if I had the opportunity right at this moment.

Orton and a 4th rounder to Cinci for Palmer? Works for me... :elefant:

frenchfan
12-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Maybe Pat Bowlen wants the highest draft pick he can get? Not probable, but it's something to ponder as we continue to get our butts whooped.

:laugh:Why??? Does he feel we'll get Luck? :laugh:

GEM
12-13-2010, 02:56 PM

Yet, each time he puts on a different uni...the team implodes.

TXBRONC
12-13-2010, 03:03 PM

IIRC a few weeks ago Orton took a big hit in the game against the Chargers and seems from that point forward his play has deteriorated.

tomjonesrocks
12-13-2010, 03:16 PM
The fact that the team brought Orton back in after suffering a rib injury is very strange considering the day he was having.

Would have been the perfect way to save some face and go with Tebow or even Quinn.

Ravage!!!
12-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Must be his ankle.

:lol: Omg! I haven't heard that excuse in a while!! :lol: :beer:

Juriga72
12-13-2010, 04:40 PM
:lol: Omg! I haven't heard that excuse in a while!! :lol: :beer:

I hope the Raiders knock him unconcious... Let Studes TRY and put him back in then