PDA

View Full Version : Broncos should sign Jon Ryan

dunk7
09-02-2008, 09:17 AM
I cannot believe he was released by the Packers. Ryan is a great punter and in Denver, I put money on the fact that he'd school Kern.

WARHORSE
09-02-2008, 11:32 AM
We wont be signing another punter. We wont give up the roster spot. Maybe they'll bring him to the practice squad...but I doubt it. Kern has earned his place.

Buff
09-02-2008, 11:55 AM
Kern's earned the right to start in week 1. If he pulls a Paul Ernster, we've already got a #2 lined up assuming Paulescu doesn't get picked up by someone else.

omac
09-02-2008, 01:01 PM
The 2 punters we had this preseason greatly outperformed expectations. The sportscasters mentioned that one of them led the preseason in average yardage, while the other was 4th. Those same sportscasters were certain that though only one would be a Bronco, both would start in the NFL this season.

I think we'll be good at punter.

dunk7
09-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Well, Kern put up good numbers in Denver but in that last game at Arizona, he didn't exactly light it up...40 yrd avg on 3 punts...not exactly stellar. Those are Enster numbers

G_Money
09-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Kern punted from our 49 and our 39 in that game. He's not trying to boom it 60 yards, he's trying to down it inside the 20 so it's better than booting it through the end zone. Neither of those punts was returned, IIRC. That's doing his job.

I'm willing to see if he can do his job in the regular season too.

~G

Mike
09-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Well, Kern put up good numbers in Denver but in that last game at Arizona, he didn't exactly light it up...40 yrd avg on 3 punts...not exactly stellar. Those are Enster numbers

It isn't about distance all the time. It is about nailing the other team as close to their goal-line as possible...which is what he did against AZ.

slim
09-02-2008, 07:14 PM
I cannot believe he was released by the Packers. Ryan is a great punter and in Denver, I put money on the fact that he'd school Kern.

Is your name Jon Ryan? Just curious.

Simple Jaded
09-02-2008, 08:22 PM
According to Reggie Rivers, Denver had two of the 5 best punters in the league during the pre-season, I'm going to assume that Denver kept one of them......

smith49
09-02-2008, 09:10 PM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

seriously, did you even whatch that game? Kern punted the ball just fine. i know one of his punts he punted out of bounds at about the ten yrd line and the others i think were both similar. anyways, kern will do just fine, maybe he will even do pretty damn good as he has alllll pre-season. even in the arizona game.

Broncos Mtnman
09-02-2008, 09:54 PM
UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.... ................

....... NO. :coffee:

Kaylore
09-03-2008, 10:37 AM

Kern was the number one punter in preseason.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Kern is awesome. Our MAC guys rule.

NameUsedBefore
09-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Both the punters were excellent. I'd have to think Paulescue would get picked up by someone.

(I hope the Packers :lol: )

gobroncsnv
09-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Did we keep the one who can run in the ZBS? Wasn't Kern the one who ran the blocked punt for 20 or so?

Simple Jaded
09-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Did we keep the one who can run in the ZBS? Wasn't Kern the one who ran the blocked punt for 20 or so?

Yeah, but he runs with a high pad level, he's going to take a pounding, so durability might be an issue...:D...