PDA

View Full Version : New Broncos slogan: Let's suck for Luck

dunk7
12-12-2010, 11:58 PM
IMHO, it looked like the Broncs were throwing this game. They looked about as genuine as Oakland did giving up the last TD to MJD to get the ball back. I'm not complaining though, I think it is a smart move. I say, quit the complaining and let's embrace the "Let's suck for Luck" bandwagon!!!

dunk7
12-13-2010, 12:10 AM
And if its not luck, #3 and getting Nick Fairley would be huge!

PAINTERDAVE
12-13-2010, 12:13 AM
Tebow

Rick
12-13-2010, 12:16 AM
How about we hope to hell Tebow is the man so we didn't waste all those picks on him.

Lancane
12-13-2010, 12:17 AM
How about we hope to hell Tebow is the man so we didn't waste all those picks on him.

Because he'd become our white Shannon Sharpe! :D

PAINTERDAVE
12-13-2010, 12:22 AM
Why would Tebow choose to throw away his whole QB career...
which he has prepared for all his life...
and become a TE?

I mean... you are just gonna tell Tim...

"You are now a TE."

You gonna wave a magic wand when you tell him?

And he is gonna happily do it for the WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE?

You've been "waving the wand" once too often.

Lancane
12-13-2010, 12:25 AM
Why would Tebow choose to throw away his whole QB career...
which he has prepared for all his life...
and become a TE?

I mean... you are just gonna tell Tim...

"You are now a TE."

You gonna wave a magic wand when you tell him?

And he is gonna happily do it for the WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE?

You've been "waving the wand" once too often.

But my wand is big and magical...:lol:

He doesn't have a choice, he can request a trade, he can retire or do what he is indeed told.

BroncoBJ
12-13-2010, 12:31 AM
How about " Lets win with Quinn" :elefant:

Northman
12-13-2010, 12:31 AM
Nick Fairly.

sneakers
12-13-2010, 12:34 AM
IMHO, it looked like the Broncs were throwing this game. They looked about as genuine as Oakland did giving up the last TD to MJD to get the ball back. I'm not complaining though, I think it is a smart move. I say, quit the complaining and let's embrace the "Let's suck for Luck" bandwagon!!!

Yay! More Quarterbacks!!!

red98
12-13-2010, 01:09 AM

He doesn't have a choice, he can request a trade, he can retire or do what he is indeed told.

All he has to do is refuse to return Bowlen's calls and he's gone. ;)

cuzz4169
12-13-2010, 01:11 AM
some of you fans have lost touch with reality...Denver in no way gonna draft luck!!! We have to much invested in Tebow...plus the kid hasn't even had a shot yet.

BroncoJoe
12-13-2010, 01:12 AM
No thanks.

BroncoSojia
12-13-2010, 01:28 AM
What about Patrick Peterson?

People are comparing him to Champ Bailey. He can return punts as well.

Lancane
12-13-2010, 01:53 AM
What about Patrick Peterson?

People are comparing him to Champ Bailey. He can return punts as well.

You need the ability to rush the passer before you start worrying about cornerbacks...I'd rather take Smith in the second if we need to go corner early.

PAINTERDAVE
12-13-2010, 01:54 AM

Great.

You have not had enough of alienating and cutting and trading off our talent...

now you want to get rid of Tebow?

Lancane
12-13-2010, 02:03 AM
Great.

You have not had enough of alienating and cutting and trading off our talent...

now you want to get rid of Tebow?

I never said that, I want to see what the kid can do Dave, like the rest of the fanbase, but if he's not the answer...then they need to figure it the hell out now. Because I'm sure there are many who agree with me that we don't want to wait another six seasons to do figure out we have the wrong guy behind center.

Slick
12-13-2010, 07:44 AM
Eff Luck. The entire draft should be dedicated to the front 7. Every pick. We don't have the luxury to draft skill players. We aren't good enough.

Lancane
12-13-2010, 07:48 AM
Eff Luck. The entire draft should be dedicated to the front 7. Every pick. We don't have the luxury to draft skill players. We aren't good enough.

Usually I'd agree with you, but if Tebow is not the future that pick would be best used on someone who is.

Slick
12-13-2010, 07:53 AM
Usually I'd agree with you, but if Tebow is not the future that pick would be best used on someone who is.

I'm saying we don't have the luxury to draft any QB whether Tebow is the future or not. We need a front 7 more than we need a new QB,WR,RB,TE etc.

If we're going to rebuild the team, lets do it right.

Juriga72
12-13-2010, 08:21 AM
Did you see what Suh did to the Packers yesterday?

DRAFT D-line!!! Draft speed rushers...... Draft a guy SO big he swallows guards.

Draft Defense......Which is why we will draft Cam Newton.......

Dirk
12-13-2010, 09:33 AM

DRAFT D-line!!! Draft speed rushers...... Draft a guy SO big he swallows guards.

Draft Defense......Which is why we will draft Cam Newton.......

OMG I hope not. If we were able to get Luck I would be able to say I understand. But if we draft overhyped Cam I will be sick to my stomach.

SOCALORADO.
12-13-2010, 09:46 AM
Jim Harbaugh apparently just signed a big extension to stay in STAN, so getting him is slim to none now. Which makes getting Luck even less likely.
I doubt even if DEN started TT for the rest of the season, that they just dump him. Or try to trade him. Even with the 1st pick.
Denvers defense needs a new paint job and a shit load of screen doors. Not a QB.

However, if (BIG IF!) DEN could somehow get a trade with BUF for their 2nd and say a 5th for TT, and DEN had the 1st pick in the draft, they could swing something and chalk up the lost TT picks from that last draft to bad decision making on Josh McDaniels.

Its a big stretch and it would rely heavily on BUF being......well, BUF being BUF but it could happen. But DEN would miss out on some serious defensive talent.
I think DEN is gonna stay right where they are and go defense.

rocks
12-13-2010, 09:50 AM
You guys are morons for wanting ANOTHER QB. QB's have the highest failure rate in the first round.

Andrew Luck is a great QB but that DOES NOT translate into NFL success. We've seen how many first round QB's fail in the past 5 years?

Denver needs to draft on defense. Going to another QB before seeing what Tebow can do is stupid.

If Champ Bailey says he's ready, then there isn't a bigger endorsement...

dunk7
12-13-2010, 10:21 AM
You guys are morons for wanting ANOTHER QB. QB's have the highest failure rate in the first round.

Andrew Luck is a great QB but that DOES NOT translate into NFL success. We've seen how many first round QB's fail in the past 5 years?

Denver needs to draft on defense. Going to another QB before seeing what Tebow can do is stupid.

If Champ Bailey says he's ready, then there isn't a bigger endorsement...

I guess what we saw on the field yesterday makes me a moron for wanting a capable QB :tsk:

IMHO, we throw Tebow out there for the rest of the season, either to see what he's got or to increase trade value. I don't disagree that an impact defensive line player is key but I think a QB we can build the franchise around is an even bigger need. If Tebow is the guy, then great we get Fairley (or even Peterson) but I just see Timmay as a "McDaniels" experiment...

On second thought, give him 2 games at QB and one at TE... :laugh:

dunk7
12-13-2010, 10:25 AM
I guess the other thing to consider is that maybe they aren't playing Tebow because they don't want his trade value to fall.

BroncoStud
12-13-2010, 10:41 AM
You don't spend 4 draft picks on a guy and trade him before you see if he can play or not, that's pretty much the dumbest outcome for this situation. The only person destroying his trade value is Kyle Orton. I think of all our QBs that Brady Quinn probably has the most open-market value, but we don't know what he can do either because our staff refuses to bench Orton.

Dirk
12-13-2010, 10:41 AM
I think the point a lot of us are trying to make is that there is an unknown. At least as far as the fans are concerned.

Maybe the team knows exactly what they have. Good or bad in Tebow.

If good, then I see them going after a stud defensive lineman. If bad they better go after a QB because we don't have one if Tebow is not it.

I guess that makes me a moron. :noidea:

BroncoStud
12-13-2010, 10:51 AM
I don't see how Luck will save this franchise. He's a good college QB but I guess I don't see the awe-inspiring ability that most on here seem to.

Dirk
12-13-2010, 10:55 AM
I don't see how Luck will save this franchise. He's a good college QB but I guess I don't see the awe-inspiring ability that most on here seem to.

Best college prospect since Elway.

What I am saying is that if Tebow isn't the answer, you better go get a QB to build upon.

rocks
12-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Best college prospect since Elway.

What I am saying is that if Tebow isn't the answer, you better go get a QB to build upon.

Keyword there.. "PROSPECT".

You DO NOT RISK paying someone $50 million dollars when there are GLARING needs on defense when you have a first round QB who hasn't seen the field yet.

You just don't...

BTW, the best QB "Prospect" is in the last 10 years is not Luck.

rocks
12-13-2010, 11:01 AM
I guess the other thing to consider is that maybe they aren't playing Tebow because they don't want his trade value to fall.
How could it fall? He's a rookie QB who no one has seen?

Orton already wasted his trade value. Denver will be lucky to get an UDFA out of him.

CoachChaz
12-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Just out of curiosity...when was the last time a rookie QB has proven his ability over 3 games in a lost season? In any season?

rocks
12-13-2010, 11:07 AM
Just out of curiosity...when was the last time a rookie QB has proven his ability over 3 games in a lost season? In any season?

Good question... But it will be more entertaining than the product on the field now.

red98
12-13-2010, 11:11 AM

Never.

You can't "prove" anything in 3 games. Anyone here looking for proving is off their rocker.

What I want to see is what we have in Tebow. Leadership, how he handles the huddle, poise.

You can definitely get an idea of those traits in 3 meaningless games. Nobody is expecting Tebow to play lights out or even get us a win, so there's no pressure in that regard.

BroncoTech
12-13-2010, 11:11 AM
Is Luck even coming out this year, i thought he had another year at the farm.

Northman
12-13-2010, 11:17 AM

Not sure if its strictly about whether or not he is a bust vs HOF but you can get a glimpse of what he has to offer. I think after 5 games this year Cleveland feels pretty good about Colt McCoy. Having Tebow play 3 games would at least give the team an idea what they have in him.

rocks
12-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Is Luck even coming out this year, i thought he had another year at the farm.

I could see him staying another year now that Harbaugh is staying. He might want that PAC-10 championship...

Then again... 50 million is hard to turn down.

BORDERLINE
12-13-2010, 11:39 AM

we have jayson williams.....
oh wait that guy is just a fat waste of space, casy weigman one of the smallest centers in the nfl held up againts him all game. this guy has trouble with average centers and the opposing offense doesn't even double team him at times.

we need big/tuff/high motor guys in the d-line and a couple of solid LB DJ williams is no loger a top LB

dunk7
12-13-2010, 11:51 AM

I'd say players are usually given a shorter leash than 3 games...Simms got what 2 games and he was run out of town, I'm assuming that goes for Brady Quinn as well. Don't hear too many calls for him to be the starter!

While I do agree that 3 games won't completely demonstrate his potential worth, I still think it can give us a good idea as to which direction we should take.

dunk7
12-13-2010, 11:53 AM
we have jayson williams.....
oh wait that guy is just a fat waste of space, casy weigman one of the smallest centers in the nfl held up againts him all game. this guy has trouble with average centers and the opposing offense doesn't even double team him at times.

we need big/tuff/high motor guys in the d-line and a couple of solid LB DJ williams is no loger a top LB

ummm Jayson Williams? I thought his name was Jamal?

arapaho2
12-13-2010, 01:28 PM
i guess what sucks for us is...if not playing tebow is a indication that despite how terribly sucky orton plays he gives us the best shot at winning...leads me to believe we wasted alot of picks on tebow

this season is far past lost...there is no reason not to play tebow in games that have no pressure...its not like we are in the playoff hunt

if he fails...its no differant than what we are seeing with orton
plus we get a better draft slot...and can consider the possiblity of a potential franchise qb in the draft

if he shows promise...we can go after the best defensive player available

BORDERLINE
12-13-2010, 01:52 PM
ummm Jayson Williams? I thought his name was Jamal?

whatever:tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:
does it matter you know who we talkin bout:listen:

MileHighCrew
12-13-2010, 01:53 PM
I agree with Dirk. I know we need Defence and I want defence but Luck looks like one of those once in a generation QB's and you don't pass on them. It is like taking Sam Bowie because he has more size then Jordan.
If we can get Luck and turn Tebow into some Defence picks I am very happy with that.

dunk7
12-14-2010, 04:42 PM
whatever:tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:
does it matter you know who we talkin bout:listen:

Yup, it does...if you don't know the names of the players, it takes away from your cred.