PDA

View Full Version : Coaching possiblity

PAINTERDAVE
12-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Just throwing this out...
because it is one of the myriad of possiblities...

I have no major opinion about it...

but what if we end up with

Front Office -
Ellis
Elway
Xanders

GM -
John Beake

HC -
Kubiak

OC-
Dennison

DC
Wade Phillips

QB-
Tebow

stranger things have happened.

just sayin'...

silkamilkamonico
12-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Hell no to Kubiack. He's a poor man's Mike Shanahan. Terrible defense and considerably undisciplined teams.

IMHO we need a HC who is more concerned with building a well rounded team rather than focusing on one of the three areas.

Lancane
12-12-2010, 11:54 PM
Just throwing this out...
because it is one of the myriad of possiblities...

I have no major opinion about it...

but what if we end up with

Front Office -
Ellis
Elway
Xanders

GM -
John Beake

HC -
Kubiak

OC-
Dennison

DC
Wade Phillips

QB-
Tebow

stranger things have happened.

just sayin'...

Can we fire the staff before the draft? Just sayin'...:laugh:

I would like the addition of Beake, but I don't want Kubiak as a coach unless as the offensive coordinator, I'd rather have Fassell as the head coach to tell you the truth, and I'd be fine with Phillips as defensive coordinator...I don't see it happening, after all, he was fired from the head coach position here without reason and to make way for Shanahan...I think he'd go elsewhere to be honest.

PAINTERDAVE
12-12-2010, 11:56 PM
I like the idea of Fassell better than Kubiak as well...

jhildebrand
12-12-2010, 11:59 PM
I don't agree with Silk often but I do this time. The league has past that Shanahan system by. Furthermore, Kubiak needs to be a OC for a while again and learn something new to reinvent himself and his own system! I have seen at least 3 games where Kubiak cost his team.

Furthermore, I cringe at the idea of going back to full time ZBS with midget O linemen.

This team just needs to buck up and get honest about truly rebuilding. I think the idea scares Bowlen. I know I would be more supportive of the team if I saw us actually building through youth and playing our players. If it means some lean seasons but we show promise I will be all for it.

However, if it means a revolving door at DC and throwing away picks and relying on FA's at multiple key positions, then count me out. I will continue to watch the games from home and root for the team but keep a lock on the wallet.

Lancane
12-13-2010, 12:01 AM
I like the idea of Fassell better than Kubiak as well...

Jim Fassell was a solid head coach in New York, but he made a lot of first time mistakes, he always had the Giants playing good solid football in December...something we have for so long lacked here.

Plus we have to remember that Sean Payton was Fassell's protege, and look how he's done since then!

If I could choose the coach, I would go with Joe Lombardi, but I'd take Fassell over Kubiak hands down.

dunk7
12-13-2010, 12:02 AM
I think we give a defensive head coach a chance...I'd like to see Leslie Frazier but I think Minny keeps him. Bring back Nolan?

Ravage!!!
12-13-2010, 12:04 AM
Please not Nolan...

Lancane
12-13-2010, 12:05 AM
I think we give a defensive head coach a chance...I'd like to see Leslie Frazier but I think Minny keeps him. Bring back Nolan?

I wouldn't mind Ron Rivera as the head coach, I've said that for some time now...but we have to remember how Nolan handled being a head coach in San Francisco, and after what happened during the off-season...I don't see him hurrying to meet with Bowlen for the position either.

dunk7
12-13-2010, 12:09 AM
I wouldn't mind Ron Rivera as the head coach, I've said that for some time now...but we have to remember how Nolan handled being a head coach in San Francisco, and after what happened during the off-season...I don't see him hurrying to meet with Bowlen for the position either.

Good point, I'll jump on the Ron Rivera bandwagon :beer:

UnderArmour
12-13-2010, 12:10 AM

I think it should be Ron Rivera or Leslie Frazier, both guys are former 85 Bears and come from defensive backgrounds. I like what Rivera has been able to do largely without a real nose tackle in San Diego. If Rivera got the job, I would definitely be excited for next year.

Lancane
12-13-2010, 12:21 AM
I'm already on the Bandwagon...

My first choice is Joe Lombardi, talk about a student of the game, he's coached both offense and defense, he's the protege of Sean Peyton in New Orleans and a graduate of the Air Force Academy here in the Springs. Ron Rivera is my second favorite for the position followed by Jason Garrett and Jim Fassel.

:D

Magnificent Seven
12-13-2010, 01:12 AM
Mike Singletary for Defensive Coordinator; if he got fired from the 49ers Organization.

Bosco
12-13-2010, 01:37 AM
I don't agree with Silk often but I do this time. The league has past that Shanahan system by. Furthermore, Kubiak needs to be a OC for a while again and learn something new to reinvent himself and his own system! I have seen at least 3 games where Kubiak cost his team.

Furthermore, I cringe at the idea of going back to full time ZBS with midget O linemen.

This team just needs to buck up and get honest about truly rebuilding. I think the idea scares Bowlen. I know I would be more supportive of the team if I saw us actually building through youth and playing our players. If it means some lean seasons but we show promise I will be all for it.

However, if it means a revolving door at DC and throwing away picks and relying on FA's at multiple key positions, then count me out. I will continue to watch the games from home and root for the team but keep a lock on the wallet.

A-freaking-men my friend.

Jim Fassell was a solid head coach in New York, but he made a lot of first time mistakes, he always had the Giants playing good solid football in December...something we have for so long lacked here.

Plus we have to remember that Sean Payton was Fassell's protege, and look how he's done since then!

If I could choose the coach, I would go with Joe Lombardi, but I'd take Fassell over Kubiak hands down. My thoughts on this.

- Your font color sucks. Get something more manly. :D

- John Elway always credited Fassel (not Shanahan) with developing him as a quarterback

- Tebow needs a very good QB coach, especially in the likelihood that Mike McCoy and Ben McDaniels are dismissed with the rest of the coaching staff.

- I haven't paid much attention to what Fassel has done in the UFL, but like you mentioned, Payton is a protege of his. Payton's offense is very similar to Josh's spread system. Bringing in Fassel could probably prevent a full scale destruction of the current system.

- Eric DeCosta is rumored to be in the running for our GM spot.

- DeCosta would want to hire someone he knows.

- DeCosta knows Fassel from when they were both in Baltimore.

- Fassel desperately wants back in the NFL.

Conclusion? Fassel is a very real possibility that wouldn't send Bosco into fits of rage by bringing back the WCO or zone blocking schemes. :cool:

Lancane
12-13-2010, 01:51 AM
A-freaking-men my friend.

My thoughts on this.

- Your font color sucks. Get something more manly. :D

- John Elway always credited Fassel (not Shanahan) with developing him as a quarterback

- Tebow needs a very good QB coach, especially in the likelihood that Mike McCoy and Ben McDaniels are dismissed with the rest of the coaching staff.

- I haven't paid much attention to what Fassel has done in the UFL, but like you mentioned, Payton is a protege of his. Payton's offense is very similar to Josh's spread system. Bringing in Fassel could probably prevent a full scale destruction of the current system.

- Eric DeCosta is rumored to be in the running for our GM spot.

- DeCosta would want to hire someone he knows.

- DeCosta knows Fassel from when they were both in Baltimore.

- Fassel desperately wants back in the NFL.

Conclusion? Fassel is a very real possibility that wouldn't send Bosco into fits of rage by bringing back the WCO or zone blocking schemes. :cool:

What you doing picking on my font color for? :lol:

Also, I've mentioned Joe Lombardi, Fassel could target him for the Offensive Coordinator position, and that would be huge in my opinion, get the protege of the protege? And doesn't Sean Payton use a pistol and spread variant?

By the way, where did you hear the DeCosta rumor? Because we've been hearing that Brian Xanders would remain the General Manager, but I'm all for DeCosta as you know.

Bosco
12-13-2010, 02:35 AM
Also, I've mentioned Joe Lombardi, Fassel could target him for the Offensive Coordinator position, and that would be huge in my opinion, get the protege of the protege? And doesn't Sean Payton use a pistol and spread variant? Lombardi would be an interesting option. I've never seen Payton use the pistol offense but it's definitely a spread based offense that is very similar to Josh's in it's rules and applications. I think the nomenclature is pretty different though and closer to the WCO style.

By the way, where did you hear the DeCosta rumor? Because we've been hearing that Brian Xanders would remain the General Manager, but I'm all for DeCosta as you know. I forget where it originated from, but I know someone was calling a DeCosta/Harbaugh tandem the Bronco's "Dream Team" or some such thing.

jhildebrand
12-13-2010, 02:39 AM
I forget where it originated from, but I know someone was calling a DeCosta/Harbaugh tandem the Bronco's "Dream Team" or some such thing.

I would cry. I would cry on youtube like that one special ed Bronco fan and I would even post it for all here to see :eek:

Lancane
12-13-2010, 02:44 AM
Lombardi would be an interesting option. I've never seen Payton use the pistol offense but it's definitely a spread based offense that is very similar to Josh's in it's rules and applications. I think the nomenclature is pretty different though and closer to the WCO style.

I forget where it originated from, but I know someone was calling a DeCosta/Harbaugh tandem the Bronco's "Dream Team" or some such thing.

Heard that rumor, that was started by Albert Breer of NFL.com via Twitter and then was re-mentioned I believe by the Baltimore Sun. It was groundless unfortunately because he was saying it off-hand, 'If I'm Denver, dream scenario has Ravens director of player personnel Eric DeCosta as GM, Stanford's Jim Harbaugh as head coach.'

I wish, but we're likely not to hear anything solid for three more weeks, give a clarification of John Elway's position with the team and what the team decides to do with Brian Xanders.

Bosco
12-13-2010, 02:44 AM
I would cry. I would cry on youtube like that one special ed Bronco fan and I would even post it for all here to see :eek:

I would certainly be a fan of that tandem.

Bosco
12-13-2010, 02:45 AM
Heard that rumor, that was started by Albert Breer of NFL.com via Twitter and then was re-mentioned I believe by the Baltimore Sun. It was groundless unfortunately because he was saying it off-hand, 'If I'm Denver, dream scenario has Ravens director of player personnel Eric DeCosta as GM, Stanford's Jim Harbaugh as head coach.'

I wish, but we're likely not to hear anything solid for three more weeks, give a clarification of John Elway's position with the team and what the team decides to do with Brian Xanders.

True, but DeCosta is a hot GM prospect. If the team is serious about getting one, I can't imagine they don't at least kick the tires.