PDA

View Full Version : Next Sunday

Juriga72
12-12-2010, 09:53 PM
I am going to clean out the garage the wife has been yelling at me for years to do.

I am then going for a long walk, maybe hit some golf balls indoors.

I might even take a nice long nap starting @ 2 pm

Northman
12-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Have fun.

I Eat Staples
12-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Sounds like a good day. I'll be watching the Broncos lose.

PAINTERDAVE
12-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Not me.

I plan to watch Tim Tebow's debut as the starting QB for the Denver Broncos.

It will be one of those historic games I will never forget.

Go ahead on and clean dust bunnies for your wife, dude.

TXBRONC
12-12-2010, 09:59 PM
I'm still going to watch the game. I might not be able do it right away but I still plan to watch. :beer:

Juriga72
12-12-2010, 10:03 PM
I'm still going to watch the game. I might not be able do it right away but I still plan to watch. :beer:

Oh... I'l TIVO it. I just dont really want to have my blood pressure go up and down like today many more times in real time.

SR
12-13-2010, 06:53 AM
Your blood pressure will be fine. Here's what I do:

Expect the Broncos to lose, that way nothing they do will surprise you or make you made, it'll just make you say to yourself "I called it. I knew they were gonna lose". If anything, your blood pressure will go down.

Dirk
12-13-2010, 07:01 AM

Expect the Broncos to lose, that way nothing they do will surprise you or make you made, it'll just make you say to yourself "I called it. I knew they were gonna lose". If anything, your blood pressure will go down.

There is actually something to that.

I told my wife before the game with the Cardinals that if they lose it's just a better draft pick for us. I said, making the playoffs is not even possible so if they lose, they lose. If they win, I will be happy as hell, but if they lose, I will be looking ahead to draft day.

It was the first game this season where I wasn't stressed.

Nomad
12-13-2010, 07:04 AM
I hope they show the game here on CBS and if so, I'll be watching the BRONCOS beat the Raiders!!

If the game isn't on then we'll take the kids to go watch Narnia!!

EDIT: WOW!! Just checked the local listings to see which game is on and Bismarck/Minot is in the BRONCOS regional coverage area but they've decided to play the Jets/Steelers game instead:tsk:...I guess it's Narnia then! Hopefully they change this before Sunday!

Juriga72
12-13-2010, 08:15 AM

Yeah... That I think is the whole idea of doing ANYTHING but thinking they are going to win. Even tho I eat antacids like candy these last few weeks.... It still kills me to watch this travesty.

How sad is it that now the best plan is to "Think defeat to survive"......

Thanks McDummy

SR
12-13-2010, 09:23 AM
Yeah... That I think is the whole idea of doing ANYTHING but thinking they are going to win. Even tho I eat antacids like candy these last few weeks.... It still kills me to watch this travesty.

How sad is it that now the best plan is to "Think defeat to survive"......

Thanks McDummy

Not saying you don't, but I have far more important things in my life to worry about than football, so win or lose it doesn't really affect me at all for more than the three hours a week it takes to unfold.

Besides that, the Avalanche are playing pretty well, so that helps me.