PDA

View Full Version : Champ is ready for Tebow

HORSEPOWER 56
12-12-2010, 09:37 PM
12-12-2010 08:53 PM

BroncoTalk: RT @VicLombardi: Asked Champ if he'd like to see Tebow: "not my decision to make, but I'd sure like to play with him before I'm done"

View on Twitter.com...

You said it, Champ!

Juriga72
12-12-2010, 09:38 PM
So much for Orton being LOVED by his teammates

lgenf
12-12-2010, 09:39 PM

BroncoTalk: RT @VicLombardi: Asked Champ if he'd like to see Tebow: "not my decision to make, but I'd sure like to play with him before I'm done"

View on Twitter.com...

You said it, Champ!

TRANSLATION-------I would like to win a F'ng game before I die!

PAINTERDAVE
12-12-2010, 09:40 PM
It will happen soon...
am announcement...
Tebow to start.

It is only common sense

HORSEPOWER 56
12-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Makes it sound like Champ isn't too confident he'll be here next year, either...

lgenf
12-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Makes it sound like Champ isn't too confident he'll be here next year, either...

what's his contract situation?

JONtheBRONCO

From Lindsay Jones per Twitter..

Champ Bailey on Tim Tebow: "Not my decision to make. I just hope, at some point, I can play with him."

That sounds a little different.

BroncoWave
Studesville also wasn't committed to Orton in his presser. Said he'd evaluate things.

Medford Bronco
12-12-2010, 09:42 PM
It will happen soon...
am announcement...
Tebow to start.

It is only common sense

Like this team has had a lot the last 2 years :laugh:

TXBRONC
12-12-2010, 09:42 PM

Yep that's what I get out his tweet as well.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-12-2010, 09:44 PM
what's his contract situation?

This is Champ's last year in Denver. the Broncos already pulled out of contract talks with him earlier this season because they were worried about the upcoming labor dispute. More than likely, he won't be re-signed.

BroncoBJ
12-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Studesville also wasn't committed to Orton in his presser. Said he'd evaluate things.

Usually when a coach says that, it usually ends up in being a qb change the next day. If he thought Orton was our QB, he'd just say " Orton is still our QB"

Who knows though. I'd like to see some Tebow this season. :elefant:

Rick
12-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Whats the worst that can happen?

Tebow shows he isn't ready by throwing 28 of 69 (41%), 283 total yards, 0 TD 3 INT over a couple game stretch?

Northman
12-12-2010, 09:47 PM

Thats what i took from it too.

lgenf
12-12-2010, 09:48 PM

Tebow shows he isn't ready by throwing 28 of 69 (41%), 283 total yards, 0 TD 3 INT over a couple game stretch?

well he will have a few yds rushing in there, I know you true Broncos fans haven't thought about that since old number 7 was at QB, but 15 can run the ball when it gets hairy back there in the pocket.

Juriga72
12-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Usually when a coach says that, it usually ends up in being a qb change the next day. If he thought Orton was our QB, he'd just say " Orton is still our QB"
Who knows though. I'd like to see some Tebow this season. :elefant:

Hell..... Even Lovie Smith knew this

Rick
12-12-2010, 09:50 PM
well he will have a few yds rushing in there, I know you true Broncos fans haven't thought about that since old number 7 was at QB, but 15 can run the ball when it gets hairy back there in the pocket.

:listen: I was being sarcastic, go look at Orton's stats... :)

Ziggy
12-12-2010, 09:51 PM

Or go 7-36 on 3rd downs over a 3 game stretch?

Medford Bronco
12-12-2010, 09:52 PM

You mean getting 1 offensive TD in two games. oh wait..........

what is said is as patetic as we are, the Panthers will get the #1.
Cincy has 2 and we are tied with Buffalo and Det

I want a pure impact player for next season. a stud defensive player that can rush the passer or a stud (Barry Pederson like) RB or maybe a franchise QB. Not sold on Tebow being that but we never see him to find out due to the incompetency of the coaching staff prior and now

Northman
12-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Saddest thing is we even had a semblance of a running game the last two weeks. The running game must be Orton's kryponite.

horsepig
12-12-2010, 09:56 PM
You mean he won't just fall down? Did anyone catch Orton's agressive move to tackle the interceptor on one of them. He jogged over to the left a few steps and just toppled over like a flounder. You could just see him in the bottom left of the screen. We replayed it about 500 times until everybody quit laughing at it.

Ziggy
12-12-2010, 09:58 PM
i want a pure impact player for next season. A stud defensive player that can rush the passer or a stud (barry pederson like) rb or maybe a franchise qb. Not sold on tebow being that but we never see him to find out due to the incompetency of the coaching staff prior and now

Nick Fairley

horsepig
12-12-2010, 10:00 PM
This is Champ's last year in Denver. the Broncos already pulled out of contract talks with him earlier this season because they were worried about the upcoming labor dispute. More than likely, he won't be re-signed.

So sad, but, probably true.

Northman
12-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Lombardi

Funny scene on the team charter: I was voicing my game story - which wasn't exactly glowing of Kyle Orton - and Brian Griese threw a bottle

jhildebrand
12-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Sandy Clough was talking about how before McD was fired there were players saying this is the kind of game it would be if he was still around. We still got this kind of performance. It was clear plenty of players half assed it and weren't out there to compete.

Even Clough took Orton to task calling it a terrible and UNPROFESSIONAL game. He said it appeared Orton was playing bad and continued to as if he knew the staff wouldn't remove him from the game. :eek:

TEBOW TIME for sure

TXBRONC
12-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Saddest thing is we even had a semblance of a running game the last two weeks. The running game must be Orton's kryponite.

It leaves me scratching my head. We couldn't win with Orton putting up huge numbers with no running game and now that the running game has been coming around we can't win with it.

Lancane
12-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Worst thing that could happen is that we learn Tebow is not the future, we move him to Tight End/Back-Up Quarterback, proving Mel Kiper right (That would suck) and we end up using a draft pick on another quarterback!

We either have our future quarterback or future tight end!

Either way, we win!

Denver27og
12-12-2010, 10:06 PM
were going to be feeling the effects of mcd for a draft or 2... unless he gave away more picks thatn i know of

PAINTERDAVE
12-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Get in a good coach...

have a good draft heavy on the d-line..
and a stud TE...

Tebow starts from NOW ON...

this team does a QUICK turnaround next season.

My Broncos will be back.. guns blazing...

it is always darkest before the dawn.

Rick
12-12-2010, 10:13 PM
You mean he won't just fall down? Did anyone catch Orton's agressive move to tackle the interceptor on one of them. He jogged over to the left a few steps and just toppled over like a flounder. You could just see him in the bottom left of the screen. We replayed it about 500 times until everybody quit laughing at it.

Gem posted this awhile back.

v/we9_CdNPuJg

TXBRONC
12-12-2010, 11:07 PM
:listen: I was being sarcastic, go look at Orton's stats... :)

No thanks, they smell bad enough from where I'm sitting right now.

TimTebow15MVP
12-12-2010, 11:50 PM
sooooo champ notices the warrior in tebow already? mhmmm you dont hear too many veterans begging for a rookie to play unless that veteran knows that rookie would take the team to the next level. WHICH HE WOULD.

champ probably wont even wanna stay here if tebow is not the guy. tebow is contagious in the locker room. sooner or later the guys cant help but to notice his work ethic and his passion and how hes a student of the game. how he practices. champ must like what he sees.

if tebow is not starting then wow.

Ravage!!!
12-12-2010, 11:55 PM

Thats what I got out of it, as well.

Ravage!!!
12-12-2010, 11:56 PM
sooooo champ notices the warrior in tebow already? mhmmm you dont hear too many veterans begging for a rookie to play unless that veteran knows that rookie would take the team to the next level. WHICH HE WOULD.

champ probably wont even wanna stay here if tebow is not the guy. tebow is contagious in the locker room. sooner or later the guys cant help but to notice his work ethic and his passion and how hes a student of the game. how he practices. champ must like what he sees.

if tebow is not starting then wow.

I get the feeling that you haven't watched much NFL if you havent' seen veterans say that they are excited to see a young kid play. Happens nearly every week of the season.

Plus... I didn't see much begging. I saw a "wouldn't mind it".. thats not begging.

TimTebow15MVP
12-13-2010, 12:01 AM
champ was saying two things. he wants to play with tebow,

and that if he doesnt play with tebow he will walk........

let tebow go out there and inspire the team. like he does

Rick
12-13-2010, 12:10 AM
I don't think Tebow has anything to do about if Champ walks, he was ready to sign an extension with orton as the clear man.

Money will decide if Champ walks.

Lancane
12-13-2010, 12:22 AM
I don't think Tebow has anything to do about if Champ walks, he was ready to sign an extension with orton as the clear man.

And who all is part of the next regime as well! ;)

CrazyHorse
12-13-2010, 01:07 AM
Slap the franchise tag on Champ Bailey.

PAINTERDAVE
12-13-2010, 02:00 AM

Ummm... no.. I saw the interview..
Champ said what he said.

No more...
no less.

Elevation inc
12-13-2010, 05:16 AM

View on Twitter.com...

You said it, Champ!

whats more telling is the tone about champ being done......seems to me champ wants out and will walk unless we franchise tag him....

vandammage13
12-13-2010, 09:34 AM

Exactly...This is just another reason for the Broncos to play Tebow. The organization need to show that Tebow can be the next QB and show Champ what the future might look like.

We need to give Champ a reason to stay here, and keeping Orton in stinking up the joint is going to do nothing to help us in that respect. Its way overdue already...We need to start him not just to evaluate Tim and give him some experience, and appease the fans, but we need him to start to give Champ a reason to stay.

vandammage13
12-13-2010, 09:40 AM

I disagree...Champ was ready to sign the extension, but Orton was never the "clear man." Champ is now seeing the ineptitude of this organization, and its stubborness. Things have changed in the last several weeks. Losses mounting, Coach fired, Orton stinking it up and still in there with the season tanked.

This organization needs to give Champ a reason to stay. He's the one of the only players still playing well on this team, and it will just be a shame if we let him walk.

BroncoStud
12-13-2010, 09:41 AM
Champ is the man. He is still elite and he needs to retire a Bronco. If you can give that bum Kyle Orton $8 million next year pony up and pay Champ. He's brought it here in Denver for years.

pnbronco
12-13-2010, 09:54 AM
Ummm... no.. I saw the interview..
Champ said what he said.

No more...
no less.

I watched it last night as well. IMO he was saying given that he doesn't have a extension he has 3 weeks left on this contract. He also understands that his extension was pulled because of the CBA. No one knows what will happen next season or if there will be one.

GEM
12-13-2010, 10:49 AM

With the way AZ was rushing the passer yesterday, all I kept saying was good Lord, Orton is a statue...this is where Tebow could really shine.

GEM
12-13-2010, 10:55 AM

Whoa...where in what Champ said did you get that if he doesn't play with him, he'll walk. You're just making shit up now. :lol:

Dzone
12-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Champ is playing like he deserves a new contract...Orton is playing like he wants to get a ticket out of town...
Its hard times in denver sports. Carmelo goes to new york and rubs Denvers face in it. Carmelo is acting worse than lebron james

Dzone
12-13-2010, 11:26 AM
27.1 QB rating. 3 interceptions and a crappy handoff leading to a fumble. that would normally get a qb yanked...but there is nothing normal about this team anymore...

BroncoNut
12-13-2010, 12:08 PM

I'm sure Champ wants a ring.

BroncoNut
12-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Champ is playing like he deserves a new contract...Orton is playing like he wants to get a ticket out of town...
Its hard times in denver sports. Carmelo goes to new york and rubs Denvers face in it. Carmelo is acting worse than lebron james

many if today's pro-athletes associated with Denver franchises seem to hate the city of Denver. I would think if I was drafted by the Rockies, Nuggets, Broncos, whatever, I'd be excited to be in Denver. seems like there's so much to do there in the offseason :shrugs: