PDA

View Full Version : NOW can we get Tebow in as the Starter for the final games?

PAINTERDAVE
12-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Orton looked worse than a high school QB in his first college scrimage.

Is it TEBOW TIME yet?

Game plan for his skill set and turn him loose.

The final 3 games are Tebow's.

BroncoBJ
12-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Yea, that'd be nice but don't count on it. These last 2 games have been a disgrace. Cant believe I actually got excited to watch this shit today. What a joke.

Wish we'd just play Tebow. But we won't.

BroncoStud
12-12-2010, 07:41 PM
It isn't going to happen. Hopefully the Raiders will knock Orton out for the season. I've never wished injury on a player but Orton needs to go and that appears to be the only way to get him out.

nevcraw
12-12-2010, 07:41 PM
nah bro.. they are going to wait until the the torches are touching the stadium and then they will start... Quinn.

JaxBroncoGirl
12-12-2010, 07:59 PM
I just do not get this team's coaching. I am seriously thinking that it is all political or plain stupidity to not play Tebow or Quinn. I think someone is trying to make a statement as to Orton playing the entire season. Something is so very wrong. This is very, very sad.

broncofaninfla
12-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Tebow, Quinn I don't a rats azz if they start Hoch at QB as long as it isn't Orton. WTF is Orton still doing starting or even playing?

EMB6903
12-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Im very confident Tebow starts next week.

horsepig
12-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Why?

horsepig
12-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Why do they even dress him? Couldn't that roster spot be used for somebody better than Perrish (sic) Cox?

camdisco24
12-12-2010, 08:13 PM
I think we'll see much more Tebow next week... but then again I thought the same thing today...

Rick
12-12-2010, 08:14 PM
I am just getting sick of every single game same excuse. Don't want to put Tebow in for a situation where team is getting blown out. Then turn around orton starts again, team gets blown out and it's don't want to put tebow in for that situation...again.

When do you just cut to the chase and just put the kid in as starter and see what happens, get the damn reps.

Cugel
12-12-2010, 08:16 PM
I just do not get this team's coaching. I am seriously thinking that it is all political or plain stupidity to not play Tebow or Quinn. I think someone is trying to make a statement as to Orton playing the entire season. Something is so very wrong. This is very, very sad.

Political, eh? There's a homeless guy outside Investco who wants his tinfoil hat back. :coffee:

Cugel
12-12-2010, 08:21 PM
I am just getting sick of every single game same excuse. Don't want to put Tebow in for a situation where team is getting blown out. Then turn around orton starts again, team gets blown out and it's don't want to put tebow in for that situation...again.

When do you just cut to the chase and just put the kid in as starter and see what happens, get the damn reps.

How could it be MORE clear? Tebow simply is NOT ready. At this point, they should probably throw him in and let him get eaten up by the wolves in Oakland just to quiet the idiot fans.

But, for his sake I hope they don't do it. Whatever hope he might have of developing into a starter depends on not sending him in and getting him destroyed.

Ain't ready = Ain't Ready! The coaches said in interviews this week that they're not even considering it. However bad Orton is (pretty bad in this game) Tebow is worse.

That's the coaches opinion.

I would like to see Tebow but we simply have to face the prospect that he was a "long-term project" of Josh McDaniels who may simply not be showing the coaches any reason to put him in. :coffee:

MileHiWildcat
12-12-2010, 08:31 PM
How could it be MORE clear? Tebow simply is NOT ready. At this point, they should probably throw him in and let him get eaten up by the wolves in Oakland just to quiet the idiot fans.

But, for his sake I hope they don't do it. Whatever hope he might have of developing into a starter depends on not sending him in and getting him destroyed.

Ain't ready = Ain't Ready! The coaches said in interviews this week that they're not even considering it. However bad Orton is (pretty bad in this game) Tebow is worse.

I would like to see Tebow but we simply have to face the prospect that he was a "long-term project" of Josh McDaniels who may simply not be showing the coaches any reason to put him in. :coffee:

This notion that Tebow is not ready is COMPLETE and UTTER HORSECRAP. Get out of my fanbase.

Rick
12-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Guess I will have to bow to your genius and rate myself in there as one of the idiot fans.

By the way calling fans idiots because they want to see a change, to try different things to get some hope for the future does not make you look smarter...just makes you look like an ass.

Maybe you didn't mean it as such....but bad approach.

I don't think the way this staff has managed the team this year that I will take their opinion on anything that pertains to who is talented or ready. i simply don't think the staff has a ******* clue.

Tebow gets some reps during the week in back up duty only, he doesn't get first team reps as a starter does. is he better than orton right now? i have no idea.

The future of this team may be Tebow though and only way to know is to announce him starter, let him get first team reps, game plan for him, toss him in and see what he can do.

TXBRONC
12-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Orton looked worse than a high school QB in his first college scrimage.

Is it TEBOW TIME yet?

Game plan for his skill set and turn him loose.

The final 3 games are Tebow's.

He's being evaluated as we speak. :sad:

Dirk
12-12-2010, 08:37 PM

Actually, the coaches were all saying that Tebow is a winner. All of them say it. They say that they never consider it because of how good Orton was doing early on in the season.

After these last 2 games, hopefully they are considering it.

If Tebow isn't ready or if he isn't the answer then they better get a friggin' QB that they can build the franchise around and start from scratch. Orton is NOT the answer and we all know that.

lgenf
12-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Actually, the coaches were all saying that Tebow is a winner. All of them say it. They say that they never consider it because of how good Orton was doing early on in the season.

After these last 2 games, hopefully they are considering it.

If Tebow isn't ready or if he isn't the answer then they better get a friggin' QB that they can build the franchise around and start from scratch. Orton is NOT the answer and we all know that.

exactly, that is what the announcers where saying at the end of the game when everyone expected TT in. That they weren't considering it b/c Orton had played so well this season w/o a running game

oh and for the post that said Ain't ready = Ain't ready, he's ready if you plan for it, but if you stick with the gameplan for Orton then your right, that gameplan and practice all week is not going to work for TT.

Oh and another thing, as a rookie with limited NFL PRO practice in the preseason, TT didn't look too lost to me that I wouldn't think he's got something now that it's almost a full season later. I do realize that it was preseason, but guess what it was preseason for him too. that was the last time anyone ANYONE of us saw any kind of series from TT so how do you have any clue as to what he would look like now? You don't so calling us TT fans out, or even just fans of the Broncos who want to see what else is an option, is just a jerk of a move.

If your mom was a Broncos fan and she said, boy I would like to see that Tebow get a chance, would you call her an idiot?

PAINTERDAVE
12-12-2010, 08:51 PM

I heard the coaches say in interviews... that they were not considering Tebow...
BECAUSE OF THE TURMOIL OF THE WEEK ( McD Fired, Cox, Prater etc)
not because Tebow is no good.

They have all said he is nothing but a winner...

Not sure why the insistance that Tebow is "not ready" or that
"the coaches see something bad that we dont know about"... (Cue scary music)

Some people just seem personaly invested in Tebow's failure...
to the point that they dont want to see him even get a chance to succeed.

Rick
12-12-2010, 09:02 PM
The only reason to keep status quo at this point is for pride and to say we are not giving up. Putting in a new QB could say that to the team, that the rest of the season doesn't matter.

Long run is more important though. Orton is an ok stop gap but he is in no way a franchise QB. We need one.

Is it Tebow? A kid we will draft? Someone we will have to trade for?

No idea.

Only way to see just what Tebow has is to prepare him as a starter and let him play, evaluate in real game scenarios what he is doing good at and what sucks.

We need to play him to see if there is a point to thinking of him as the future or not.

Its not about him being the best chance of winning right now its about what's he got.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Juriga72
12-12-2010, 09:36 PM
I bet the stands are empty at halftime in two weeks if this team plays like this again.

Just give the kid a chance, ortman had his and he puked on his shoes

Bosco
12-13-2010, 01:38 AM
No.

PAINTERDAVE
12-13-2010, 01:47 AM
Dang... looking at that pic of McD being refused a handshake...
that seems like so long ago....

Lancane
12-13-2010, 02:00 AM
Dang... looking at that pic of McD being refused a handshake...
that seems like so long ago....

Like remembering Reeves in his old-school white v-neck Broncos' sweater...;)

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f229/lancane/Bronco%20Banners/81443332.jpg

PAINTERDAVE
12-13-2010, 02:06 AM
Good Lord!

Look at those two antiques!

Can you just imagine the two of them meeting Josh McDaniels in a dark alley...

Reeves upset because of Josh' gutting the broncos like a fish...
and Landry for simply for desecrating an NFL franchise so badly.

Those two tough guys would pummel little Josh.