PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Broncos to hire John Elway

Denver Native (Carol)
12-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Hall of Fame quarterback John Elway is expected to become a lead executive in the Denver Broncos' front office by the end of this season, according to league sources.

"I'd be very surprised if it didn’t happen," a person with direct knowledge of the situation said.

Elway is likely to join the front office in a position with broad personnel powers, working closely with COO Joe Ellis as team owner Pat Bowlen’s two most trusted men.

The Broncos first approached Elway about a front office role last week, before Denver fired its former head coach Josh McDaniels. Both sides recognize it is more important to get the deal done right than to get it done fast.

They now are trying to determine Elway's exact job title, his job responsibilities and a fair salary. But Elway wants to work in Denver’s front office the way his father Jack once did, and the Broncos are interesting in having him help restore this franchise’s credibility and respectability.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5911711

By Adam Schefter
ESPN

Shazam!
12-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Yeeeesssss!

PAINTERDAVE
12-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Kind of disapointing that Xanders will stay on...
we need a clean sweep.

BeefStew25
12-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Kind of disapointing that Xanders will stay on...
we need a clean sweep.

I tend to agree. But I think his passiveness (the same reason McD rolled him) is why he stays on. He is good adding and subtracting and running a matrix. And I bet he knows it. And he looks stupid in a suit.