PDA

View Full Version : Broncos facing 2 former WR's week one/Lelie a Raider

DenBronx
09-01-2008, 04:08 PM
LOL...this is funny to me that Walker and Lelie are now Raiders. Walker is questionable but it is very likely that they will both play in this game.

It is also very likely that they will both get shut down.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/news/

Raiders reach agreement with WR Lelie
Posted: September 1st, 2008 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Ashley Lelie, Oakland Raiders

The Raiders reached agreement with former 49ers WR Ashley Lelie. He will sign today.

Lelie was cut by the 49ers on Saturday. The WR spent his first four seasons in the NFL with the Broncos, who the Raiders face in Week 1.

Raiders WR Javon Walker is now questionable for Monday night’s game against the Broncos, his former team, with a hamstring injury.

ktrain
09-01-2008, 04:32 PM
LOL...this is funny to me that Walker and Lelie are now Raiders. Walker is questionable but it is very likely that they will both play in this game.

It is also very likely that they will both get shut down.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/news/

Raiders reach agreement with WR Lelie
Posted: September 1st, 2008 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Ashley Lelie, Oakland Raiders

The Raiders reached agreement with former 49ers WR Ashley Lelie. He will sign today.

Lelie was cut by the 49ers on Saturday. The WR spent his first four seasons in the NFL with the Broncos, who the Raiders face in Week 1.

Raiders WR Javon Walker is now questionable for Monday night’s game against the Broncos, his former team, with a hamstring injury.

With our pass defense we will probably make the Russel "the love muscle" and lelie look all world. hopefully we can get a pass rush going, cause otherwise, it could get ugly

DenBronx
09-01-2008, 04:49 PM
With our pass defense we will probably make the Russel "the love muscle" and lelie look all world. hopefully we can get a pass rush going, cause otherwise, it could get ugly

Walker and Lelie are friends and one things for sure is they are both bitter at the Broncos. This could end up being a very interesting game. Besides Bailey our Corners are pretty short. Bailey has been giving up the big play recently but I think with JMFW playing the nickle Mcree better at passing plays than Lynch we will do fine. If we can manage to get pressure on QB's then I think our secondary will make some turnovers this year.

LRtagger
09-01-2008, 04:56 PM
cant say they dont deserve each other.

MasterShake
09-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Walker and Lelie both Raiders? All I have say is:http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

MasterShake
09-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Walker and Lelie are friends and one things for sure is they are both bitter at the Broncos. This could end up being a very interesting game. Besides Bailey our Corners are pretty short. Bailey has been giving up the big play recently but I think with JMFW playing the nickle Mcree better at passing plays than Lynch we will do fine. If we can manage to get pressure on QB's then I think our secondary will make some turnovers this year.

No way in hell a rookie QB in Russell is going to carve up the secondary. The Raiders also have a history of making great receivers mediocre. Randy Moss anyone?

Hobe
09-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Walker can't run and Lelie can't catch. If they cut them in half and tape Lelie's leggs on Walker they'd have a complete WR. :uh:

If they taped the other halves together they'd have a tackling dummy. :heh:

dogfish
09-01-2008, 05:09 PM

"it could get ugly?"

jamarcus russell to ashley lelie?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

:hahaha:

good one!

honz
09-01-2008, 05:15 PM
This should be fun.

MasterShake
09-01-2008, 05:18 PM
You know, originally I thought we would win this game 28-14, but now with the duel threat of Lelie AND Walker, I have to change that to 35-6 Denver.

Scarface
09-01-2008, 05:28 PM
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff302/ScarfaceBroncos2007/2818661427_50bafb557b_m.jpg

Rick
09-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Never know in the NFL, but at the moment I just don't have any real faith in Russels ability.

He has a strong arm and if Lelie can get open deep it could be potential big plays much as lelie was here but does Russel have the accuracy to hit him deep.

I still think Walker has great hands, if it were not for the injuries and his head Walker/Marshall would have been deadly here in Denver but Walker just isn't healthy still.

I think we will provide plenty of pressure with some LBer blitzes as we have some very quick LBers. I would prefer to have more sacks from the front 4 and we would be a better defense if it happens but we will find a way to get pressure with the LBers.

What it will come down to is if we are trully better at handeling the run. Pressure is irrelevant if you can't stop the RB as they will keep slamming it down your throat.

I think we will have an average passing game without BMarsh. Royal and DJack have skill and obviously so does Shef and Cutler is greatly improved but I don't see a lights out passing game that day. Hopefully the run takes off.

I think it's possible that Hall takes over after the game. He showed to me more drive during the preseason. Young may be fast but it seemed to me to this point to be more in the line of Tatum Bell, I just haven't seen him translate a good drive inside yet which you need to have to be successful as an every down guy.

I think hall has this, atleast the desire to go inside and seems to possibly have a good consistant ability as well.

I am suspecting not a total wipeout but a Denver win.

In the lines of 20 - 10 maybe.

sneakers
09-01-2008, 05:52 PM
http://images.wikia.com/wikiality/images/d/d1/ICALLEDIT.gif

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=362578&postcount=2

Slick
09-01-2008, 05:55 PM
No way in hell a rookie QB in Russell is going to carve up the secondary. The Raiders also have a history of making great receivers mediocre. Randy Moss anyone?

The Broncos have a history of letting QBs have 7 seconds to survey the field, letting QB's like Mike Vick(400+ yards on us...are you serious) and Josh McCown look like HOFers. Russell could do the same if he's given that kind of time. I remain cautiously optimistic for the Monday nighter.

Timmy!
09-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Lelie doesn't know the Raiders system, not to mention he sucks. So I doubt he sees little (if any) playing time on Monday. Also, Walker is listed as "questionable" with a hamstring injury.

Watchthemiddle
09-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Put CHamp on Walker, and Bump Lelie all day long off the line.

Done!!

:coffee:

topscribe
09-01-2008, 06:31 PM

Why? Because Champ gave away a big play? How many passes did he defend
last year? 500 or so? He gets burned on a play by Jennings with an HOF QB
on the other end, and so he has been giving up the big play?

What people don't understand is that these pros are playing against pros.
When facing the elite of the league, Bailey will get beaten once in a while.
That is why they are elite. Bailey will shut them down the rest of the time
because he is elite.

Anyway, Lelie, and even Lelie + Walker, will not decide the game. A big
factor will be the same as last year: How well will they do against the run,
and how well will they rush the QB. If those things happen, the secondary
will take care of themselves.

-----

dogfish
09-01-2008, 06:34 PM
Why? Because Champ gave away a big play? How many passes did he defend
last year? 500 or so? He gets burned on a play by Jennings with an HOF QB
on the other end, and so he has been giving up the big play?

-----

dre bly got beat on that play, not the champ. . .

SarahKay
09-01-2008, 06:38 PM
This will be exciting to watch and very statisfying! :beer:

topscribe
09-01-2008, 06:38 PM
dre bly got beat on that play, not the champ. . .

Champ and Dre each were burned on a big play by Favre/Jennings during the game in question.

-----

ikillz0mbies
09-01-2008, 07:12 PM
Wasn't Lelie unhappy when the Broncos got Walker? Now he's on the same team as him. I guess signing former unhappy Broncos is a way to get back at them. Oh well, Raiders go 0-1 heading to week 2.

smith49
09-01-2008, 07:20 PM
i gotta say that i laughed when i read the story on yahoo. about monday night, ashley has been hurt, in fact i believe they sight that as one of the deciding factors of his reliese. so i don't think we will see much of him unless he is just a jake and pretended to be hurt all pre-season. as far as walker i just don't see reason for concern there. my concern is the running game. if our defensive line gets dominated up front like they did all year last year we are going to be in trouble. i know that goes without saying, and i know its a new year, with new everything, but i for one am a bit worried. hopefully they are solid and the broncs can stifle the run, then i think its all down hill from there.

omac
09-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Wasn't Javon the reason Lelie left the Broncos? Because he wanted to be the #1, and they were bringing in Javon to be the #1.

So now he enters the Raiders, about to be at best #2 to Javon. After these years, the irony. :D

MasterShake
09-01-2008, 07:55 PM
The Broncos have a history of letting QBs have 7 seconds to survey the field, letting QB's like Mike Vick(400+ yards on us...are you serious) and Josh McCown look like HOFers. Russell could do the same if he's given that kind of time. I remain cautiously optimistic for the Monday nighter.

Not me. I remain blindsided by loyalty and stupidity. GO BRONCOS!

Slick
09-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Not me. I remain blindsided by loyalty and stupidity. GO BRONCOS!

I'll be cheering just as loud as you Shake, it's just that damn cynical side coming out every once in a while.

MasterShake
09-01-2008, 09:48 PM
I'll be cheering just as loud as you Shake, it's just that damn cynical side coming out every once in a while.

Just make sure you take your rebreather out first!:salute:

BroncoTech
09-02-2008, 02:24 AM
The word in the bay area is they are going to run McFadden because they already know they can't pass against anyone. Javon is questionable and Lelie has hamstring issues too. Give either of those guys reason to be unproductive and we'll see what happens Monday night.

WARHORSE
09-02-2008, 02:35 AM
For the same reasons I said that Lelie would have been valuable for us, he will be for them. The problem with having Javon and Lelie on the bus, is Jarmarcus has a cannon even bigger than Cutlers. A little time, with some safeties letting go of their man once the routes go real deep.............bam. TD.

Lelie and Javon have to be muscled at the line.

HARD.

G_Money
09-02-2008, 03:49 AM
If we can't stop the Raiders from going over the top we can't stop anyone. Ashley Lelie couldn't make the NINERS roster. Think about that for a minute. A guy who WANTS to be pass-happy in Mike Martz could not find a good use for Lelie. On a team that isn't exactly choking on talent.

Javon's still useless.

Their other weapons in the passing game are either inconsistent or pissing off their head coach.

And have I mentioned that while JaMarcus throws a really pretty ball his decision-making is still decidedly slow most of the time?

If we absolutely cannot stop Fargas, DMC and Bush from ramming the ball down our throats and have to commit a safety or three to the box and Champ and Bly fall down a lot, maybe.

But if we lose this game to JaMarcus and his mad throwing skillz to his l33t targets and not our own ineptitude I'll be really, really, REALLY surprised.

~G

dogfish
09-02-2008, 04:50 AM
If we can't stop the Raiders from going over the top we can't stop anyone. Ashley Lelie couldn't make the NINERS roster. Think about that for a minute. A guy who WANTS to be pass-happy in Mike Martz could not find a good use for Lelie. On a team that isn't exactly choking on talent.

Javon's still useless.

Their other weapons in the passing game are either inconsistent or pissing off their head coach.

And have I mentioned that while JaMarcus throws a really pretty ball his decision-making is still decidedly slow most of the time?

If we absolutely cannot stop Fargas, DMC and Bush from ramming the ball down our throats and have to commit a safety or three to the box and Champ and Bly fall down a lot, maybe.

But if we lose this game to JaMarcus and his mad throwing skillz to his l33t targets and not our own ineptitude I'll be really, really, REALLY surprised.

~G

damn straight! anyone's that's nervous about jamarcus russell and his 36 NFL completions and 55 passer rating might wanna seriously consider not watching this year. . . if our highly-touted corners can't contain that division II passing game they should give their game checks back! walker has no legs, and lily has no heart. . . our run efense is what worries me. . .

broncofaninfla
09-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Walker and Lelie both Raiders? All I have say is:http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

LOL! Love it!

There shouldn't be much of a passing game with who they are fielding. Our D should dominate.

What is the spread for this game?

Northman
09-02-2008, 11:05 AM

:lol:

This is what im thinking too. Especially if they are able to run all day on us again. Get ready for Lelie to look like Kennison if we didnt improve our pass rush and run stop.

WARHORSE
09-02-2008, 11:57 AM

Javon's still useless.

~G

From the moment the 9ers signed Martz, I said Lelie would be cut. Simply because Lelie is a one trick pony. He will not be rounding routes off over the middle of the field for Martz. Game over.

But he very well fits what Jamarcus brings to the table, and for every play that breaks down, and JRuss buys time, Lelie will continue to run downfield, where most men cant throw, and the safeties think the man cant throw......only to be fried to a chrisp.

We will see it this year. Guaranteed.

topscribe
09-02-2008, 12:28 PM
From the moment the 9ers signed Martz, I said Lelie would be cut. Simply because Lelie is a one trick pony. He will not be rounding routes off over the middle of the field for Martz. Game over.

But he very well fits what Jamarcus brings to the table, and for every play that breaks down, and JRuss buys time, Lelie will continue to run downfield, where most men cant throw, and the safeties think the man cant throw......only to be fried to a chrisp.

G, do you think our safeties have never heard of Russell before, but you have?
They play pro ball. They see film. They know what he can do. Trust me.

And why should a WR who has failed to make at least three different teams
strike fear into the hearts of one of the best secondaries in football? The
CBs are Pro Bowlers for some reason, aren't they?

The thing is, the Broncos ought to be able to pressure Russell because of
the Raiders' pathetic line. If they can, then Russell, the rookie, won't have
a chance.

Truth is, the Raiders should be quaking in fear of the Broncos' offense,
Marshall or no Marshall. The Broncos still have D-Jack, Fast Eddie, Jackson,
and Scheffler . . . and Cutler.

Our boys whipped the Cowboys, Packers, and Cards in preseason. Do you
not think they can whip the lowly Raiders now?

-----

omac
09-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Kiffin is like a Shanny Jr. The first thing he did when he got to Oakland was install a zone blocking scheme, and he really establishes the run every game, and that sets up the pass. They'll probably heavily use and rotate their 3 RBs to keep them fresh, or maybe keep 2 in at the same time.

They've already shown in the preaseason that they have very weak pass protection (24-0), so they'll probably do what the Broncos did to cover it up ... play action, roll outs, etc. That will also help keep JaMarcus' decisions to a minimum.

We've seen the Houston Broncos, the Jacksonville Broncos ... last season, we've seen a little of the Oakland Broncos, but they'll probably look like our '04-'06 offense even more. Hopefully, their rush defense stays the same as it was last season.

That rushing offense should be difficult to stop, but so should ours.

dogfish
09-02-2008, 01:07 PM

c'mon war, you really think that tub of goo moves well enough to buy any extra time?

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/7696/78881486lj8sp3.png (http://imageshack.us)

as for his arm. . . . kyle boller had enough arm to throw it seventy yards while he was on his knees-- how many pro secondaries has he torched?

Lonestar
09-02-2008, 01:09 PM
c'mon war, you really think that tub of goo moves well enough to buy any extra time?

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/7696/78881486lj8sp3.png (http://imageshack.us)

as for his arm. . . . kyle boller had enough arm to throw it seventy yards while he was on his knees-- how many pro secondaries has he torched?

that is one huge dude.. I can rememebr seeing a picture of him before..

MOtorboat
09-02-2008, 01:21 PM
I love photoshop.

dogfish
09-02-2008, 01:29 PM
I love photoshop.

and jamarcus loves pretty much anything that's cooked in lard. . . . :lol:

WARHORSE
09-02-2008, 02:04 PM

Lol.............

Im not predicting success for the Fade.........that will never happen my man.:salute:

You must be intelligent in order to take advantage of the skillset of all players on your team...................that intelligent part kinda kicks the faders right in the teeth dont it? lol...............

WARHORSE
09-02-2008, 02:05 PM
that is one huge dude.. I can rememebr seeing a picture of him before..

lol.......

Northman
09-02-2008, 02:28 PM

Dr. Raymond Stantz:
It can't be!
Dr. Peter Venkman:
What is it?!
Dr. Raymond Stantz:
It can't be!
Dr. Peter Venkman:
What did you do, Ray?!
Winston Zeddemore:
Oh, sh**!
Dr. Raymond Stantz:
It's the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man.

underrated29
09-02-2008, 03:17 PM
and jamarcus loves pretty much anything that's cooked in lard. . . . :lol:

You just got me in trouble at work for that one. I just spit pepsi all over my keyboard, files and a picture of a dinosaur that another employees daughter drew me.

dogfish
09-02-2008, 03:47 PM
You just got me in trouble at work for that one. I just spit pepsi all over my keyboard, files and a picture of a dinosaur that another employees daughter drew me.

oops. . . sorry, bro. . .

underrated29
09-02-2008, 04:00 PM
oops. . . sorry, bro. . .

Its ok- it was worth it.lol.

Crush05
09-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Bailey and Bly better be on thier best game!!!!!!