PDA

View Full Version : How much will Tebow get to play today?

PAINTERDAVE
12-12-2010, 02:13 PM
How much will Tebow get to play today?

A goal line TD attempt?

A full series?

A full quarter?

The second half?

None?

broncofaninfla
12-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Not sure I just hope we see him. Also want to see Quinn too, I want to see what EVERY player on this team can bring in the last 4 games. It's time to evaluate exactly what talent does exist on this roster and who needs to go.

ogplife
12-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Not sure I just hope we see him. Also want to see Quinn too, I want to see what EVERY player on this team can bring in the last 4 games. It's time to evaluate exactly what talent does exist on this roster and who needs to go.

agreed!!!!!!!!

topscribe
12-12-2010, 02:25 PM
If it's a blowout, Tebow might get considerable 4th quarter action.

If it's a tight game, my money would be on little to none . . .

-----

silkamilkamonico
12-12-2010, 02:51 PM
He should be playing the entire game I don't understand what the problem is. Is he really still "not ready"? Wow.

ogplife
12-12-2010, 02:54 PM
He should be playing the entire game I don't understand what the problem is. Is he really still "not ready"? Wow.

There is nothing wrong with him not being ready. Remember 2-3 years when he was drafted. Just because everybody is tired of Orton, doesn't make Tebow ready. With that said, I don't have a problem with starting him while he is not ready. What do we have to lose.

silkamilkamonico
12-12-2010, 02:57 PM
There is nothing wrong with him not being ready. Remember 2-3 years when he was drafted. Just because everybody is tired of Orton, doesn't make Tebow ready. With that said, I don't have a problem with starting him while he is not ready. What do we have to lose.

If Colt McCoy is "ready", Tebow sure as hell better be. If not, find a way to get Andrew Luck....now.

Just my opinion.

PAINTERDAVE
12-12-2010, 03:04 PM
I would love to know what Bowlen has talked to Stud about concerning Tebow's development in these final games.

I am still amazed Orton has been injury free.

I fully expected this decision to have been dictated by Orton's gimpy ankles by now.

Elevation inc
12-12-2010, 03:06 PM
tebow is ready and he knows it, ortons a chump and his time is near done.....lets hope after his first sack for holding the ball for 8 seconds to long and throwing six consecutive passes to a double and triple teamed lloyd, while players are wide open underneath, Mccoy and studes do the right thing and pull orton for tebow...haha

dogfish
12-12-2010, 03:18 PM
8 plays
2 TDs

:cool:

chazoe60
12-12-2010, 03:20 PM
tebow is ready and he knows it, ortons a chump and his time is near done.....lets hope after his first sack for holding the ball for 8 seconds to long and throwing six consecutive passes to a double and triple teamed lloyd, while players are wide open underneath, Mccoy and studes do the right thing and pull orton for tebow...haha

yep:cool:

ogplife
12-12-2010, 03:25 PM
If Colt McCoy is "ready", Tebow sure as hell better be. If not, find a way to get Andrew Luck....now.

Just my opinion.

One player has nothing to do with the other. Why was it ok draft day saying he needed 2-3 years and not now? By the way Colt Mccoy has one of the best O lines in the league.

ogplife
12-12-2010, 03:28 PM
I would love to know what Bowlen has talked to Stud about concerning Tebow's development in these final games.

I am still amazed Orton has been injury free.

I fully expected this decision to have been dictated by Orton's gimpy ankles by now.

In all honesty, I would be shocked if TT does not start those last 2 games at home. This is a business first and foremost.

silkamilkamonico
12-12-2010, 03:30 PM
One player has nothing to do with the other. Why was it ok draft day saying he needed 2-3 years and not now? By the way Colt Mccoy has one of the best O lines in the league.

2-3 years? That's half his contract. If that's really the case, what a huge mistake drafting him.

Dude needs to play...now. Otherwise we will be going in the next season or 2 with a HUGE question mark at QB.

PAINTERDAVE
12-12-2010, 03:30 PM

I keep hearing this 2-3 year thing...
deal is...
not everybody is the same ...
who is to say the kid can't play NOW that he has had most ofd a season to study and some playing time to get ready?

I just think this off season is CRUCIAL to our future as a team..
and we need to knwo what the kid can do.

Sure he will throw a pick. Sure he wiull get sacked.

But we ned to see what he does in a full series..
get some film on him.

It is time...
if not today...
then certainly the last 3 weeks.

topscribe
12-12-2010, 03:31 PM

Doesn't bode well for him, does it?

-----

BroncoWave
12-12-2010, 03:34 PM

-----

Yes, conjecture by a poster means things aren't boding well for Tebow. Glad to see you give him the same benefit of the doubt you give Orton.

ogplife
12-12-2010, 03:34 PM
2-3 years? That's half his contract. If that's really the case, what a huge mistake drafting him.

Dude needs to play...now. Otherwise we will be going in the next season or 2 with a HUGE question mark at QB.

I would like to play him now, but if he stinks it up, I would not say that TT has no career at qb in the NFL either. Thats all I'm saying. Maybe he surprises and dominates, who knows, but judging a rookie QB on 4 games or 16 games for that matter to determine if he is the future at qb is poor management. Just say you want Andrew Luck (which we wont have a high enough pick for anyway), but TT will do nothing this year that should help you make that decision.

Elevation inc
12-12-2010, 03:35 PM

-----

lol he cant do any worse than kyle's inability to win a game.....

silkamilkamonico
12-12-2010, 03:37 PM
I would like to play him now, but if he stinks it up, I would not say that TT has no career at qb in the NFL either. Thats all I'm saying. Maybe he surprises and dominates, who knows, but judging a rookie QB on 4 games or 16 games for that matter to determine if he is the future at qb is poor management. Just say you want Andrew Luck (which we wont have a high enough pick for anyway), but TT will do nothing this year that should help you make that decision.

I think it's purely a decision move, and more so for the organization. We have holes. ALOT of places. We don't have the luxery to sit on a first round QB like SD did, or GB. We need to find out what we have with him now.

Playing Tebow now and finding out what he's capable of/start grooming him now is more important for the sake of this organization then it is Tebow, and that's the way it should be.

IMHO if Tebow isn't playing because he isn't ready, well then consider QB another "hole" in the meantime. That is NOT a good thing for this organization.

horsepig
12-12-2010, 03:38 PM
If people are worried about "throwin him into the fire"' they need to realize that there aint nothin but fire in the NFL.

topscribe
12-12-2010, 03:46 PM
lol he cant do any worse than kyle's inability to win a game.....

I'm with you . . .

I do wish Kyle was better at tackling, covering receivers, rushing the passer,
pass blocking, and run blocking. He just sucks . . .

-----

chazoe60
12-12-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm with you . . .

-----

I wish Kyle was better at playing QB.

You know, things like 3rd down conversions, avoiding pressure, playing his best in close games....................all the little things good QBs do.

ogplife
12-12-2010, 03:53 PM
I'm with you . . .

-----

It's not all Kyle's fault, but its clear he is not the future. He has three games below 45 percent passing this year. So to me while he is not throwing picks, He has single handedly lost a third of our games this year. He is a legit starting QB, but a horrible fit for a rebuilding team like us. He would be a perfect fit in Minnesota (who should be a run first team). I hope they give us a second round pick, he goes there and loses a championship to us one day.

topscribe
12-12-2010, 03:56 PM
It's not all Kyle's fault, but its clear he is not the future. He has three games below 45 percent passing this year. So to me while he is not throwing picks, He has single handedly lost a third of our games this year. He is a legit starting QB, but a horrible fit for a rebuilding team like us. He would be a perfect fit in Minnesota (who should be a run first team). I hope they give us a second round pick, he goes there and loses a championship to us one day.

It is clear to you, perhaps.

And the Broncos would be nuts to trade Orton until they knew they had a QB besides him . . .

-----

Lancane
12-12-2010, 03:59 PM

-----

That is kind of bothersome, but the fact that all eyes around the league are looking at us, and they are. Not seeing Tebow ready or what he's capable of could be cause for concern when the new regime is in place. Not saying that it's for sure...but sure in the hell doesn't help.

Elevation inc
12-12-2010, 03:59 PM
I'm with you . . .

-----

we had a chance to win or tie the game at JAX, INDY, JETS, SF, KC and orton lost all 5 of those because of his errors and mistakes.....dude cant close games, cant convert third downs and if it wasnt for brandon lloyd being a superfreak, tebow would have been starting weeks ago....

think what you want your entitled, but i like kyle orton now about as much as i liked bradlee van pelt.....basically i dont!!!!

silkamilkamonico
12-12-2010, 04:01 PM
I have been pleased with Orton's play most of the time, but I think you move on from him right now simply because it is evident he is not the future QB1, and Denver has made the choice to move into their next change now, and that includes finding out if their current invested first round pick in Tebow is the answer or not.

ogplife
12-12-2010, 04:05 PM
It is clear to you, perhaps.

And the Broncos would be nuts to trade Orton until they knew they had a QB besides him . . .

-----

Why would it be nuts? If Tebow is a 1-15 qb and Kyle Orton is an 8-8, QB does it change anything. Either way that 2nd rd pick (wishful thinking) could be used on a future asset.

topscribe
12-12-2010, 04:08 PM
we had a chance to win or tie the game at JAX, INDY, JETS, SF, KC and orton lost all 5 of those because of his errors and mistakes.....dude cant close games, cant convert third downs and if it wasnt for brandon lloyd being a superfreak, tebow would have been starting weeks ago....

think what you want your entitled, but i like kyle orton now about as much as i liked bradlee van pelt.....basically i dont!!!!

Okay, I'd have to go back and review your first three games listed. But your
reference to the SF game is a joke. The guy passed for three - that's three (3) -
fourth quarter TDs in a comeback attempt. And then, the individual plays in that
final series has already been analyzed and documented, that the first play was
a sack from behind because Harris whiffed his block, a following play was
dropped by Graham because Orton hit him right in the hands, and during the
final pass attempt, Orton's arm was hit just as he tried to pass. So an
attempt to attribute that comeback failure smacks of pure bashing.

The KC game was simply a bad game by Orton. That is a given. But that is the
first one that I know of where the defense did not have a monumental share
in blame for the Broncos' defeats.

As I said, I would have to go and review the other three games you listed
before I commented on them. But I notice that your comment was just a
blanket list of games without any detail to back it up . . .

-----

topscribe
12-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Why would it be nuts? If Tebow is a 1-15 qb and Kyle Orton is an 8-8, QB does it change anything. Either way that 2nd rd pick (wishful thinking) could be used on a future asset.

I'm glad you're not in charge of personnel . . .

-----

Lancane
12-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Orton is likely to be traded, for more then just one singular reason. He has more value right now, and I'd be surprised if we got more then a 3rd Round Pick for him, but we have needs and a third is better then nothing, then again so is a 4th Round Pick, the only way I don't see him being traded is if the new regime really feels that Tebow is not ready, not the answer or they're looking to draft someone else and Orton is the rookies competition...or they don't like the value being offered.

There are other things to take into consideration though too, how well will the next regime be sold on Tebow? That is huge, Elway pretty much said that in a way it's real important. Because if they're not, they may trade him to a team for a pick this year and next to get some return value...if they feel he's not that franchise-esque player they're looking for, teams could actually be more interested in him then Orton. Also, we could see D.J. Williams traded this off-season, not saying he will be, but there is a possibility that the team will decide since we're rebuilding we need to go this way. A lot of variables...will be interesting to see how it all plays out over the next five months.

ogplife
I'm glad you're not in charge of personnel . . .

-----

Feeling is mutual.

topscribe
That is kind of bothersome, but the fact that all eyes around the league are looking at us, and they are. Not seeing Tebow ready or what he's capable of could be cause for concern when the new regime is in place. Not saying that it's for sure...but sure in the hell doesn't help.

As I mentioned previously, my friend, it is not critical that we, as fans, see
whether Tebow is capable. The ones who need to know number among the
staff . . .

-----

topscribe
12-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Feeling is mutual.

The first position you secure on a team is QB. You must be sure you have a QB
before you do anything else. You don't go off half-cocked and trade off the
proven veteran and leave it to chance that a developmental project is ready to
be a starter in the league. That is just absolutely asinine . . .

ogplife
12-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Orton is likely to be traded, for more then just one singular reason. He has more value right now, and I'd be surprised if we got more then a 3rd Round Pick for him, but we have needs and a third is better then nothing, then again so is a 4th Round Pick, the only way I don't see him being traded is if the new regime really feels that Tebow is not ready, not the answer or they're looking to draft someone else and Orton is the rookies competition...or they don't like the value being offered.

There are other things to take into consideration though too, how well will the next regime be sold on Tebow? That is huge, Elway pretty much said that in a way it's real important. Because if they're not, they may trade him to a team for a pick this year and next to get some return value...if they feel he's not that franchise-esque player they're looking for, teams could actually be more interested in him then Orton. Also, we could see D.J. Williams traded this off-season, not saying he will be, but there is a possibility that the team will decide since we're rebuilding we need to go this way. A lot of variables...will be interesting to see how it all plays out over the next five months.

Im actually for trading DJ. Not for the off field stuff. Because he is the only linebacker on our roster that is not suited for the 3-4. He still plays well just because he is so talented. I think we could find a less talented 3-4 IL that could give equal production because they are a better fit for a lot less money. OP sorry for going off topic of the thread.

Lancane
12-12-2010, 04:16 PM
As I mentioned previously, my friend, it is not critical that we, as fans, see
whether Tebow is capable. The ones who need to know number among the
staff . . .

-----

Not when the staff that will be in charge are not set, I don't believe that the majority of the staff that will be in control are apart of this organization at this time. Xanders will have some pull, but what will the next General Manager, Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator feel about Tebow, what little they see could be a determining factor. They will have to judge on film, what they hear and see in a brief time...some won't even care, look at Cutler. Almost every new head coach will want his guy at quarterback, that is what started the whole debacle regarding Cutler and McDaniels anyways. I'd not be surprised if a new head coach was not sold on any one of those we have at the position.

Elevation inc
12-12-2010, 04:27 PM
sure would be nice to have a Qb step up into the pocket when pressure is around him and run the seven yds for a first down if the Wr's are covered....oh wait we have one of those he just is on the bench...lol

Ravage!!!
12-12-2010, 06:46 PM
4th quarter.

JaxBroncoGirl
12-12-2010, 06:56 PM
4th quarter.

Ravage, pop warner QB could do better than Orton is doing today. I still think Orton should start but, I think it is time to yank him. How embarrassing for the Broncos. Oh my.

silkamilkamonico
12-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Organization is a f'n disgrace to the NFL.

Somebody please get Champ Bailey out of there NOW!

Ravage!!!
12-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Ravage, pop warner QB could do better than Orton is doing today. I still think Orton should start but, I think it is time to yank him. How embarrassing for the Broncos. Oh my.

I don'tthink Orton should start. I didn't want him to start today, and absolutely don't want to watch him finish.

silkamilkamonico
12-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Playing Tim Tebow about 3 quarters ago would have been a small consolation to all that has transpired with this organization the last few weeks. Apparently they haven't figured it out yet.

Rick
12-12-2010, 07:07 PM
4th quarter.

Or not... :(
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

PAINTERDAVE
12-12-2010, 07:07 PM
This points to Tebow STARTING from here on out...

if you ask me.

But hey... Pat has never called me up to ask.

MileHiWildcat
12-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Even though McDoofus is gone - today shows me that the entire organization is a JOKE. They need to give Tebow a chance. Orton has proven time and again that he is not a winner in this league. Broncos have become the laughing stock of the NFL. Hell, the LIONS won today.

BroncoStud
12-12-2010, 07:11 PM
This points to Tebow STARTING from here on out...

if you ask me.

But hey... Pat has never called me up to ask.

The only way Tebow starts is if Orton gets put on IR or if Bowlen goes Jerry Jones and tells his "coach" to play him. That's it and that's all. Kyle Orton disgusts me.

silkamilkamonico
12-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Even though McDoofus is gone - today shows me that the entire organization is a JOKE. They need to give Tebow a chance. Orton has proven time and again that he is not a winner in this league. Broncos have become the laughing stock of the NFL. Hell, the LIONS won today.

Could not agree with you more. The organization doesn't have a f'n clue where it's going, and is showing to be incompetent.

silkamilkamonico
12-12-2010, 07:14 PM
The only way Tebow starts is if Orton gets put on IR or if Bowlen goes Jerry Jones and tells his "coach" to play him. That's it and that's all. Kyle Orton disgusts me.

Shows why Bowlen is a joke. This is his business model. Getting a win today isn't going to sell more tickets. Tim Tebow however is. It is f'n rocket science.

Ravage!!!
12-12-2010, 07:30 PM
You guys need to understand the difference between being in a low patch, and being a JOKE.

Being a joke, is crying like everything is lost purely based on one, 2 or 3 BAD years. We havent' even had 3 bad years in a row. Its a JOKE to hear you lower this organization down with your crying.

MileHiWildcat
12-12-2010, 07:31 PM
You guys need to understand the difference between being in a low patch, and being a JOKE.

Being a joke, is crying like everything is lost purely based on one, 2 or 3 BAD years. We havent' even had 3 bad years in a row. Its a JOKE to hear you lower this organization down with your crying.

Survey Says: BUZZZZZZZZ. Wrong. The Broncos have officially become an NFL joke and Bowlen deserves it.

silkamilkamonico
12-12-2010, 07:37 PM

In the past 3 years, we have done all of the following;

- set an NFL for the only team in history to lose a division after being up 3 games with only 3 games left

- proceeded to have the organization's worst defense ever, and argubaly one of the worst NFL defenses in the history of the NFL.

- gone through 2 head coaches, one in which was an utter failure and couldn't even finish his second season

- traded away virtually every young talent the organization had in investment

- set an NFL record for the only organization in franchise history to start the season 6-0, and not even make the playoffs.

- have gone what, 4-17 now in that span?

- created spygate version 2.0.

- have now been blown out by Arizona, and not even figure out that "hey, we have a first round pick QB we're hoping will be our future, let's NOT play him".

What am I forgetting? Anything?

JaxBroncoGirl
12-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Broncos right now are a non-issue. Sad but true. Still will be here however, I have never seen an organization make so many mistakes. Personnel, game planning and play calling. We are the misfits of the NFL. It is very, very sad. When we look at the Broncos history we would have never thought it could be this bad. Sadly it is. I am not stumping for Tebow, heck put in Quinn. Put someone in that can play and be a leader. Are we afraid? I bet 3/4 of the team personnel would love to play somewhere else. Shameful.

lgenf
12-12-2010, 08:25 PM
the answer ------------> nothing

that is the answer to the thread (at least what I was able to see of the game)

lucky that the game was the last one on - so Redzone had to switch to it for the last 12 mins of the 4th -

so the wife and I hear the commentators say - Tebow warming up on the sidelines - AWESOME!!!! we are going to get like 12 ins of TT time at least when the offense is on the field - Denver recovers a fumble at like the 30 or 35 of Arizona, this is perfect, TT is coming in and 35 yds later we will see what he's got ....wait...what the hell? who is 8, why is Orton back on the field?

Ok we do nothing and get 3 pts, ok now kick off, D'fense holds them and now we get to see timmy!!!

nope, out comes number 8 again, oh this time we do nothing, the next time he throws a pick 6, and after the pick 6 he comes out on the field again.....wow 12 mins, with the game still in reach somewhat with a 22-3 and great field position and we stick with 8.

Then the announcers say when they talked with the coaching staff this week that they weren't even considering TT because Orton has been playing so well all season. That he has carried the offense, been the only bright spark on the team, etc etc, to that I say "AND IT STILL HAS NOT BEEN ENOUGH SO GET YOUR F'NG HEAD OUT OF YOUR ARSE AND TRY SOMETHING ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

OMG this could not have been set up any better 12 mins and nothing to lose, but what that shows me is that they did nothing with TT during the week of practice and will probably have to be told to gameplan for TT at gunpoint.

Stupidsville has just sealed his fate (as if it were not already) but with 4 games left going into this week, he had the chance to shake it up and prove he was not just more of the same, but this game showed that he is, and it will be up to the next coach to do something.

I do hope we get to see TT for the last 3 games, good or bad play won't matter, at least it would be something new instead of the same old same old