PDA

View Full Version : Does this make sense to you

ogplife
12-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Looking down the road, I had been hoping for R. Rivera, J. Harbough or Rob Ryan, but this candidate came to mind today. Please don't turn this into a Gruden or Cowher thread. I just want to discuss this candidate only for this thread.

Brian Schottenheimer

Young (37), but 5 years older than Mcd when he took the job. Born in Denver (not sure where he was raised). Good rep developing qbs (P.Rivers/Sanchez). Comes from Rex Ryan's defensive principles and 3-4 which I would I think fits our linebackers best. Most importantly he has watched both Rex Ryan/ Eric Mangini as first time head coaches and should have learned the do's and don'ts of building a franchise. This is actually the guy I am hoping for.

honz
12-12-2010, 12:04 PM
I'd rather have Gruden or Cowher. Just my $.o02.

jhildebrand
12-12-2010, 12:07 PM
I have been touting Brian Schottenheimer for MONTHS now! I would love to have him here with his father as GM-with final say on all personnel decisions.

That would be enough for bigger name, older/establised coordinators to come on board i.e. Phillips even Kubiak. They know the AFC W and AFC in general. Schottenheimer knows the Jets and how Rex Ryan works.

Even if we got Schott without the elder I would be stoked. The guy gets it. He knows what it takes in this league to win. He has an innovative offense but isn't afraid to run on the road to close out a game.

If they announced Schott as the coach I would be happier than words could say.

rcsodak
12-12-2010, 12:59 PM
By the sounds of it, Mr B and Co. are looking more towards established HC's. Fisher is on his way out and a very good HC. Kubes could be on his way out after yet another dismal year, and probably makes the most sense of anybody out there for being picked by Mr B. It'd be Elway/Kubes all over again.

spikerman
12-12-2010, 01:01 PM
I don't know. Honestly I'm not that impressed with the Jets' offense. If he's going to hire a coordinator without HC experience I would like him to take a look at Rob Ryan. Only because he's defensive minded and he seems to have a little bit of a nasty attitude. Something that I think is sorely lacking.

GEM
12-12-2010, 01:15 PM
I have been touting Brian Schottenheimer for MONTHS now! I would love to have him here with his father as GM-with final say on all personnel decisions.

That would be enough for bigger name, older/establised coordinators to come on board i.e. Phillips even Kubiak. They know the AFC W and AFC in general. Schottenheimer knows the Jets and how Rex Ryan works.

Even if we got Schott without the elder I would be stoked. The guy gets it. He knows what it takes in this league to win. He has an innovative offense but isn't afraid to run on the road to close out a game.

If they announced Schott as the coach I would be happier than words could say.

Just as a funny sidenote: My dad mentioned the other day that he heard someone bring up bringing Marty in. It was rather funny his reaction....The Denver Broncos were put on this earth to ruin that man's life for a long amount of years. It would be Un-Bronco-tutional for him to come into our facilities for any other purpose that to walk away a beaten man, AGAIN.

I nearly died laughing.

PAINTERDAVE
12-12-2010, 01:33 PM
By the sounds of it, Mr B and Co. are looking more towards established HC's. Fisher is on his way out and a very good HC. Kubes could be on his way out after yet another dismal year, and probably makes the most sense of anybody out there for being picked by Mr B. It'd be Elway/Kubes all over again.

Yeah.. word is...
Elway is in at seasons end...
Xanders is staying as GM.

Kubiak would be a natural fit.

Thnikkaman
12-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Sounds better than Gruden or Cowher.

scott.475
12-12-2010, 04:16 PM
For what it's worth, NFL radio has Marty on in the mornings. I have heard him say a couple times that he has no interest in coming back into football. Not that I'd be all that excited about him coming here anyway, but still, he sure sounded like his time was done.

Den21vsBal19
12-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Just as a funny sidenote: My dad mentioned the other day that he heard someone bring up bringing Marty in. It was rather funny his reaction....The Denver Broncos were put on this earth to ruin that man's life for a long amount of years. It would be Un-Bronco-tutional for him to come into our facilities for any other purpose that to walk away a beaten man, AGAIN.

I nearly died laughing.
I had a similar thought when I saw that somewhere ......................very little good has ever come to Marty when Denver's been involved :lol:

Lancane
12-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Yeah.. word is...
Elway is in at seasons end...
Xanders is staying as GM.

Kubiak would be a natural fit.

I don't think so, there are some things at play right now. He was actually asked about that the other day by Houston media. He actually got quite frustrated according to the Houston Reporters. And, with his name being mentioned so much to the position, it's not tampering but some will contend that it does effect the situation. I think Houston will keep him for one more year and try bringing in a new defensive coordinator first...and I guess I'm hoping for that as well, I really don't want him as the head coach. But his name is atop the list because of his friendship to Elway, but Elway is close to a number of coaching candidates and so...

And the organization Painter has not made a decision on what Xanders capacity with the team will be as of yet. Right now he is the De facto General Manager, but I think he'll be placed in a more executive role or they'll bring in someone to assist him that has better qualifications as far as personnel in concerned.

cuzz4169
12-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Why would you want kubiak!? What has he done but lose?