PDA

View Full Version : Should Cam Newton keep the Heisman?

UrbanBounca
12-12-2010, 02:47 AM
After his father reportedly accepted a bribe that Cam Newton "knew nothing about" (which is another entire thread in itself), should he have (a) even received the Heisman and (b) should he keep it?

Northman
12-12-2010, 03:23 AM
To be honest, i dont even care. After the Reggie Bush thing it doesnt really even matter all that much.

atwater27
12-12-2010, 03:33 AM
He can have the Heiz. Luck is gonna be 100 X better in the pros.

red98
12-12-2010, 08:53 AM
After his father reportedly accepted a bribe that Cam Newton "knew nothing about" (which is another entire thread in itself), should he have (a) even received the Heisman and (b) should he keep it?

Well he solicited a bribe, he didn't get it. If he had, he wouldn't be playing for Auburn.(nit-picking)

They ruled him eligible so unless something else comes out, ala Reggie Bush, he will be keeping it.

I don't think he should have been eligible. It seems they don't apply the rules equally to everyone. Since they did rule him eligible I say he keeps it.

Ravage!!!
12-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Should he have been eligible to get it, and keep it are completely separate situations.

So far, there hasn't been any "proof" that he was in knowledge about the solicitation. Now I personally don't believe he didn't know anything about it. But we are discussing on a message board that tried to defend coaches about picking up phones, because we weren't there. So, all I can say is, I wasn't there.

Should he keep it??? Hell yes, he should keep it! It the MOST prestigious award given to an individual in ALL of sports! No matter what, unless he wins the MVP of the Super Bowl (and even then), he'll always be knows as "Heisman trophy winner" Cam Newton.

He's the best player in college, EASILY. He deserves the award.

OrangeHoof
12-12-2010, 11:42 AM
I still say the best proof as to whether Newton knew is whether he is going around campus with a sporty ride and a lot of bling. Most kids his age aren't savvy enough to hide their riches if they got some. If he still looks and acts like a poor Juco transfer, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But, like others have said, I wasn't there.

Until there's proof of his involvement, I think the NCAA made the right call, although the SEC guidelines seem clear cut that if Daddy knew, then he's disqualified.

Until he murders a wife and a boyfriend, he won't be the Heisman's biggest embarrassment.