PDA

View Full Version : Good to be a broncos fan again

Denver27og
12-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Well... finally mcdick is gone... i can support the whole team again...

too bad we cant get Hillis, Marshall, Cutler, alphosno smith back...

this guy was a spy billicheck sent because during the pats dynasty we were one of the few teams that could always beat them... beat them with plummer..

but yea glad hes gone...

where are all the mcdaniel lovers now??

Ziggy
12-10-2010, 09:56 PM
So what you're saying is that the weather is fair in your world again?

Denver27og
12-10-2010, 10:04 PM
So what you're saying is that the weather is fair in your world again?

say what u wish ziggy... i wasnt supporting him during that 6-0 run... and never was... hes a patriot guy... dont get me wrong... i still supported our players and team... i just wanted that guy gone...

when i was in middle school i used to beat kids up that said john elway sucked.. u ever spilled blood the broncos?? haha prolly not...

fair weather fan?? bro... we are one of the worste teams in the league right now... we got set back prolly at least 4 drafts because of this guy

Italianmobstr7
12-10-2010, 10:14 PM
I'm a McDaniels fan, and guess what? I supported the team the whole time and still do. Because that's what a real fan does. Basically what you're saying is the only coach you'll be happy with is Gary Kubiak? Jon Gruden was a Raider & Buc, Fishers a Titan, Cowher's a Steeler, Meyers a gator, Calhoun is a Falcon, Etc.. Just because McD was from the Patriots does not make him any less of a coach or any less of a Bronco. The sooner Broncos fans stop pining for the past and look forward to the future the better. The '98 team isn't coming back. Not the coaches or the players. Time to support a new regime no matter who it may be or where they come from. Some people never gave Josh a chance. I'll tell you this: I'm a true Broncos fan. I'll support whoever our coach is, whoever our players are as long as they're the Denver Broncos. I think some people need to learn how to be true fans. Damn fair weather fans piss me off.

topscribe
12-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Since September 1960, I can't begin to guess how many HCs, GMs, and QBs the
Broncos have had, not to mention several owners. I have had no use for some
of them in each category, but I have never seen the day I did not support and
root for the Broncos. I will not ever allow a bandwagon in my back yard . . .

-----

Lancane
12-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Deek’s Bakery

Great news: deeks delicious bakery products are now available to make it easier for you to improve your immune health. See the website www.deeks.com.au. or phone Deeks Bakery and Cafe on 026 2869 444

deeks products are not normal bakery products. The talented expermental bakers at deeks have been attempting to make them look, smell and taste like normal bakery products and it has not been easy. If you can be a little patient with the ongoing experimental development of the products, and offer helpful advice, they would be most thankful..

Don't you want a Deek in your mouth too?

:laugh:

'NighTrain...you ruined the punchline by editing the other posts!'

Lancane
12-10-2010, 10:29 PM

-----

So if the Charlie Daniel's Band was playing on a wagon, you wouldn't let them play in your backyard? That's discrimination Tops, why I never...

:lol:

;)

broncophan
12-10-2010, 10:31 PM

this guy was a spy billicheck sent because during the pats dynasty we were one of the few teams that could always beat them... beat them with plummer..

but yea glad hes gone...

just curious....do you have a plan in place if we lose again this Sunday?

topscribe
12-10-2010, 10:33 PM
So if the Charlie Daniel's Band was playing on a wagon, you wouldn't let them play in your backyard? That's discrimination Tops, why I never...

;)

That's different. Charlie won the devil's fiddle and called him an S.O.B.

Dude has grit . . . :D

-----

Lonestar
12-10-2010, 10:34 PM

but yea glad hes gone...

Right where we all were supporting OUR Head Coach come hell or high water.

Was not angry when mike got cut,

Was not mad that he came from NE.

Was happy that he decided that our LOS players were not cutting the mustard.

Was sad to see jay go as he could have been special here but was to immature to deal with LIFE. happy he got to go to his childhood fav team.

Sad to see hillis go but frankly I would have made that trade any day KNOWING what we knew at the time.
A. we needed a back up QB, a prior 1st round pick that has potential.
B. a little if ever used FB # 7 pick IIRC in trade.
C. no one wanted to see simms here another year.
D. NO ONE knew that Orton would blossom into the QB he did.

glad to see marshal go to a team and area of the country he wanted to get back to. He was a mental midget here after Dwil died. He wanted way more money than a WR is worth.

really enjoyed last years Draft never knowing what Josh would do was really looking forward to this years. HE got some really good picks last year mostly without costing us draft choice IIRC started with 7 picks and got 9 including to potential Franchise player in the first. And hey those two starting OLINE rookies are looking pretty damned good now.

Perhaps he could have gotten some DLine guys last year or frankly the year before that. But His DCS seemed to have gotten the players they wanted.

Glad TS is gone to a place he wanted to be DET near his home town.. Looks like he will not have far to go when he is cut.

I think it was sad that Pat made the decision to fire him, for the following reasons.

He is putting that newbie coach into a really bad spot .

He did not allow him to finish what he started.

He bowed to the fans, who were whipped into a frenzy by the press that never got onto his band wagon.

By putting that newbie coach into a really bad spot,

If there is a lockout:

No OTAs to get the new scheme installed before training camp.

Players will not have access to our trainers or dove valley.

He will be working with a scouting department that has been looking for Joshes type of players, not that it would not be a Good thing to continue with.

Can he trust the existing coaching staff to have there ideas on players. or will he fire them all because they are Joshes guys.

if he fires them all he will have to only have film of the existing players to make decisions by cut down day.

So I've been gone for awhile and have not been able to express my thoughts here now I have .. read and discuss.

topscribe
12-10-2010, 10:34 PM

I would say most of them are still here, still supporting the Broncos.

If you get my drift . . .

-----

Northman
12-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Yea, i didnt care for McDaniels, but i never left or gave up being a Bronco fan because of him.

tomjonesrocks
12-10-2010, 10:54 PM
I am actually with the OP. My enthusiasm for the team with McD on board had dipped to never-reached lows. With him out--I felt like yes, the team may continue losing--but there's no longer that double thought of this despised figure in my head whenever I think of the team. It's just the team I've loved since a kid that happens to be awful on the field and that's it.

If I wore my Broncos jersey out (I live in SD) people would assume I supported McD and I'd get roped into these really annoying conversations. I started to regret it every time I did it and stopped doing it. I have a neighbor on my street here that I don't really know or talk to (as we really have nothing but the team in common) but still can't wait to get seen in the jersey walking around so we can talk about how great it is that McD is fired.

How you lose and who you're losing with actually matter. Sports are superficial things our lives--appreciated distractions--and though really I don't think it spells that well for me as a person I am in a better mindset than I was a week ago because someone I will never meet in person was fired.

For now--at least until they probably get their asses whipped again on Sunday--it is good to be a Broncos fan again.

-----

[ edit ]

Well, OK--*except* for this shit going down with Cox. Sexual assault? What a ******* pus$y...maybe I will hold off a bit on the whole jersey thing...

Denver Native (Carol)
12-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Well, OK--*except* for this shit going down with Cox. Sexual assault? What a ******* pus$y...maybe I will hold off a bit on the whole jersey thing...

WOW - you already have him guilty

Denver27og
12-10-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm a McDaniels fan, and guess what? I supported the team the whole time and still do. Because that's what a real fan does. Basically what you're saying is the only coach you'll be happy with is Gary Kubiak? Jon Gruden was a Raider & Buc, Fishers a Titan, Cowher's a Steeler, Meyers a gator, Calhoun is a Falcon, Etc.. Just because McD was from the Patriots does not make him any less of a coach or any less of a Bronco. The sooner Broncos fans stop pining for the past and look forward to the future the better. The '98 team isn't coming back. Not the coaches or the players. Time to support a new regime no matter who it may be or where they come from. Some people never gave Josh a chance. I'll tell you this: I'm a true Broncos fan. I'll support whoever our coach is, whoever our players are as long as they're the Denver Broncos. I think some people need to learn how to be true fans. Damn fair weather fans piss me off.

damm italian mobster... its good to see u bashing me again... hahah been a while... why must u guys accuse me of being a fair weather fan?? i dont get it i been following the bronocs since days of greg kragen shane dronnet glyn milburn... bet half u guys dont even kno who they are.... look guys stop bashin me and bash a raiders fan or something.... geeeze still the same ol broncos forum......

go ahead and keep supporting mcd dude all the power to u

I HONESTLY THINK IF U WERE A REAL BRONCOS FAN U WOULDNT OF LIKED MCDANIELS ANYWAYS

yea im so glad hes gone.... to better days

Denver27og
12-10-2010, 11:43 PM
Yea, i didnt care for McDaniels, but i never left or gave up being a Bronco fan because of him.

i never stopped suppporting our players... i just left this forum... cuz anytime i complained about mcdaniels... people would tell me to ****... what the hell happened?? i always thought broncos fans were cool stuck together...

i remember back in the days of broncosfreak... we shared opinions argued but now...

yea so i didnt leave being a broncos fan...if yall just knew...

Northman
12-11-2010, 12:18 AM
i never stopped suppporting our players... i just left this forum... cuz anytime i complained about mcdaniels... people would tell me to ****... what the hell happened?? i always thought broncos fans were cool stuck together...

Well, no offense but guys like Ziggy, Mobster, Jrwiz, Top, Carol, etc all took their share of lumps and attacks. Nobody is perfect when it comes to lashing out in the wrong way on any forum. Its a tough time for Bronco fans as a whole and sometimes emotions can run high. If taking a break from the forums is what you needed than great, no one will you blame you. But, the way you listed your thread makes it sound like you just stopped being a fan. Now you come in with this post attacking people you think wronged you in someway. Sometimes, its just best to let things roll off of you instead of holding grudges. I fight with just about everyone on here but when i leave the forum i dont hold grudges and i dont think about it any longer. Its just fans talking out their asses about their favorite team right, wrong, or indifferent.

dogfish
12-11-2010, 12:45 AM
when i was in middle school i used to beat kids up that said john elway sucked.. u ever spilled blood the broncos?? haha prolly not...

have you ever killed for the broncos? just exactly how hardcore are you??

Tned
12-11-2010, 12:56 AM

-----

While I have not been a fan anywhere near as long as you (or been alive that along), I have said many times that players and coaches, and even owners, comes and go, but passion for the Broncos will outlast all of them.

Tned
12-11-2010, 12:58 AM
Well, no offense but guys like Ziggy, Mobster, Jrwiz, Top, Carol, etc all took their share of lumps and attacks. Nobody is perfect when it comes to lashing out in the wrong way on any forum. Its a tough time for Bronco fans as a whole and sometimes emotions can run high. If taking a break from the forums is what you needed than great, no one will you blame you. But, the way you listed your thread makes it sound like you just stopped being a fan. Now you come in with this post attacking people you think wronged you in someway. Sometimes, its just best to let things roll off of you instead of holding grudges. I fight with just about everyone on here but when i leave the forum i dont hold grudges and i dont think about it any longer. Its just fans talking out their asses about their favorite team right, wrong, or indifferent.

That's all true, but the fan police (that at one time you were a part of) were pretty brutal. It kept me from posting on the site for a while, and only checking in for 'official' business type stuff.

Northman
12-11-2010, 01:08 AM
That's all true, but the fan police (that at one time you were a part of) were pretty brutal. It kept me from posting on the site for a while, and only checking in for 'official' business type stuff.

Like i said, EVERYONE on this board has taken shots at people. Well, maybe a couple who havent but most of them have members, mods, and admins. Everyone is human. Im just as guilty as the next guy.

Tned
12-11-2010, 01:25 AM
Like i said, EVERYONE on this board has taken shots at people. Well, maybe a couple who havent but most of them have members, mods, and admins. Everyone is human. Im just as guilty as the next guy.

Yep, but some of YOU were wrong!!! LOL ;LOL: :lol:

BeefStew25
12-11-2010, 01:29 AM
Guys I was born in 1645, and even back then with Outhouse Johnson under center and Full Moon Jorgenson running the ball, I never gave up hope.

Well, gotta run. Me and Top are getting fitted for new colostomy bags!

Tned
12-11-2010, 01:58 AM
Guys I was born in 1645, and even back then with Outhouse Johnson under center and Full Moon Jorgenson running the ball, I never gave up hope.

Well, gotta run. Me and Top are getting fitted for new colostomy bags!

Yea, but even in 1645, Hillis would be a 1,000 / 15 TD running back.

topscribe
12-11-2010, 02:28 AM
say what u wish ziggy... i wasnt supporting him during that 6-0 run... and never was... hes a patriot guy... dont get me wrong... i still supported our players and team... i just wanted that guy gone...

fair weather fan?? bro... we are one of the worste teams in the league right now... we got set back prolly at least 4 drafts because of this guy

i remember back in the days of broncosfreak... we shared opinions argued but now...

yea so i didnt leave being a broncos fan... if yall just knew...

Well, I'm glad you clarified your position as a Broncos fan.

But your apparent propensity for violence is not an answer, either . . .

-----

chazoe60
12-11-2010, 02:58 AM

Gotta love the Internet tough guy.

:laugh::laugh:

Shazam!
12-11-2010, 03:17 AM
What a silly thread.

Bosco
12-11-2010, 03:19 AM
This thread exceeded even my expectations.

Timmy!
12-11-2010, 06:33 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_86-X5Fn-0UA/TJ2aSnPmBoI/AAAAAAAAFYg/L61h9zVTRsM/s1600/not_this_shit_again.jpeg

BroncoNut
12-11-2010, 08:59 AM
Please don't beat me up Denver27, but this thread sucks

Dzone
12-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Gotta love the Internet tough guy.

:laugh::laugh:

:laugh:LOL...Im going to beat the $#@& outta anyone online who doesnt like Tebow:salute:

claymore
12-11-2010, 09:33 AM
I dont know if I will ever love the Broncos like I did before Mcd. Its silly to love a sports team that much. But I feel alot better since he has left. I reallyllly didnt like that guy. I hated everything he brought to the table. His offense, his personality...

BigDaddyBronco
12-11-2010, 09:52 AM
I dont know if I will ever love the Broncos like I did before Mcd. Its silly to love a sports team that much. But I feel alot better since he has left. I reallyllly didnt like that guy. I hated everything he brought to the table. His offense, his personality...
That kind of hatred is unhealthy.

BroncoJoe
12-11-2010, 10:02 AM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I was indifferent on McDaniels. Certainly didn't necessarily like the dude, but didn't allow his mistakes to change how I viewed the Broncos as a whole.

Sorry, but I don't get some of the comments in here.

Dzone
12-11-2010, 10:30 AM
You never stop being a fan, its just that sometimes being a fan is more painful. Sometimes loving a team sucks...sometimes I wish it didnt effect me so much, at least emotionally. Just cant help it. Thats the way sports are. Its emotional. Thats why Mondays always feel better after a Broncos win. Whether that is good or bad, its a fact. Losing sucks the big one. When your team is crushing everyone on its way to the playoffs, it just feels good. You know?

claymore
12-11-2010, 10:31 AM
That kind of hatred is unhealthy.
That it is. But, Im all in when I do something. :D

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I was indifferent on McDaniels. Certainly didn't necessarily like the dude, but didn't allow his mistakes to change how I viewed the Broncos as a whole.

Sorry, but I don't get some of the comments in here.

For me, I knew he wasnt going to work out. I felt from the very beginning that he was going to be the worst coach this team, maybe the NFL has ever seen. So knowing that, in my heart of hearts... It was kinda hard to root for the players, and coaches at that time.

I rooted for what was best for the organization, if that meant it was a loss, then thats what it means. Same now... I like to win, and I dont mind winning out the rest of the season, but I dotn think that does this organization much good because there are only a handful of people on this team (to include coaches) that are worth a shit.

claymore
12-11-2010, 10:32 AM
You never stop being a fan, its just that sometimes being a fan is more painful. Sometimes loving a team sucks...sometimes I wish it didnt effect me so much, at least emotionally. Just cant help it. Thats the way sports are. Its emotional. Thats why Mondays always feel better after a Broncos win. Whether that is good or bad, its a fact. Losing sucks the big one. When your team is crushing everyone on its way to the playoffs, it just feels good. You know?

Id probably be dead if I let a McDaniels team affect me the way a reeves or Shanahan team did.

Denver27og
12-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Please don't beat me up Denver27, but this thread sucks

what u talking about this is the best thread ever

Denver27og
12-11-2010, 10:44 AM
have you ever killed for the broncos? just exactly how hardcore are you??

i was in middle school beyotch... no i never killed anyone...

Denver27og
12-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Id probably be dead if I let a McDaniels team affect me the way a reeves or Shanahan team did.

reeves was agonizing

GEM
12-11-2010, 11:33 AM
damm italian mobster... its good to see u bashing me again... hahah been a while... why must u guys accuse me of being a fair weather fan?? i dont get it i been following the bronocs since days of greg kragen shane dronnet glyn milburn... bet half u guys dont even kno who they are.... look guys stop bashin me and bash a raiders fan or something.... geeeze still the same ol broncos forum......

go ahead and keep supporting mcd dude all the power to u

I HONESTLY THINK IF U WERE A REAL BRONCOS FAN U WOULDNT OF LIKED MCDANIELS ANYWAYS

yea im so glad hes gone.... to better days

You came in here with your first post back and called out posters by name calling them suckas, fools, etc....maybe if you had come back and said something along the lines of....Haha, I was right. He's gone and I'm happy to cheer for my Broncos again...instead of attacking other members, you wouldn't have had people jumping your shit.

You don't say shit like that and not expect a reaction and then get the reaction and say oh poor me, quit attacking me.

DUH.

claymore
12-11-2010, 11:35 AM
reeves was agonizing

Loved reeves. Still do.

GEM
12-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Loved reeves. Still do.

One of the radio stations had Reeves on and were asking him about coming in as a GM...he sounded interested. Now that one, I wouldn't mind at all. I love listening to Reeves. He has a calming voice and he knows his freaking shit.

Could you imagine though, Elway in the front office consulting and Reeves as the GM...I wonder if they would get along all these years later.

Ravage!!!
12-11-2010, 11:53 AM
I know I have a bigger spring in my step. I wouldn't have disliked McD if I didn't care for the Broncos so much, obviously. But never liked him. His erogance from day 1, was just too much. Much like Billick.

I know that I've been able to lean back in my chair, and just enjoy the last of this pitiful season without having flames come out of my eyes every time I watch,or hear, the Broncos. Its going to feel good to watch the game without clenching my jaws in distaste every time they show a shot of the coach staring blankly at his charts on the sidelines.

I was in a crowded sportsbar, watching MnF when I saw the announcement of his firing on the big screen. I jumped up with both arms, and pumped, yelling YES YES YES.... as if there had been a HUGE play going on, and the game wasn't even playing.

When I left, I rolled down my windows and screamed Whheeeeeeee Wheeeeeee allllll the way home!

GEM
12-11-2010, 11:56 AM
I know I have a bigger spring in my step. I wouldn't have disliked McD if I didn't care for the Broncos so much, obviously. But never liked him. His erogance from day 1, was just too much. Much like Billick.

I know that I've been able to lean back in my chair, and just enjoy the last of this pitiful season without having flames come out of my eyes every time I watch,or hear, the Broncos. Its going to feel good to watch the game without clenching my jaws in distaste every time they show a shot of the coach staring blankly at his charts on the sidelines.

I was in a crowded sportsbar, watching MnF when I saw the announcement of his firing on the big screen. I jumped up with both arms, and pumped, yelling YES YES YES.... as if there had been a HUGE play going on, and the game wasn't even playing.

When I left, I rolled down my windows and screamed Whheeeeeeee Wheeeeeee allllll the way home!

Now I have that stupid insurance commercial with the pig screaming wheeeeeee out the window in my head. :laugh: Thanks Rav!

BroncoNut
12-11-2010, 11:56 AM

Ravage, that is pretty funny.

claymore
12-11-2010, 11:57 AM

Hell yeah. I made a habit of flipping him off every time they showed him on tv.

It was Jubilation in my house when the word came out. High fives and a very happy night.

BroncoJoe
12-11-2010, 11:59 AM
IMO, the problem with your post has to do with the thread title:

"Good to be a broncos fan again"

You incriminated yourself with that.

Northman
12-11-2010, 12:02 PM

Totally how i feel. I feel like such a weight has been lifted from me.

GEM
12-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Hell yeah. I made a habit of flipping him off every time they showed him on tv.

It was Jubilation in my house when the word came out. High fives and a very happy night.

I was in my office, which is right next to my boss's office, when the word came out. I yelled WOOOOHOOOO and I heard my boss jump in the next room. :lol: He asked me wth I was yelling at. Told him and he started laughing and called me a dork. :D

Dzone
12-11-2010, 12:17 PM
LMAO..wheeeee wheeeee wheeee

Northman
12-11-2010, 12:19 PM
I was in my office, which is right next to my boss's office, when the word came out. I yelled WOOOOHOOOO and I heard my boss jump in the next room. :lol: He asked me wth I was yelling at. Told him and he started laughing and called me a dork. :D

Yea, i remember Missy and i were getting ready to head out somewhere. She was talking to me about something and all of a sudden i started laughing and clapping. She asked me what was up, i told her that McD had gotten canned and she started screaming and pumping her "Yes, Thank god!"

I never expected her to outdo me in the celebration. lmao

Ravage!!!
12-11-2010, 12:22 PM
LMAO..wheeeee wheeeee wheeee

Hah! ITs true!.. I was trying to outdo the Geiko pig!! :laugh:

Ravage!!!
12-11-2010, 12:22 PM
I never expected her to outdo me in the celebration. lmao

Thats just because she was tired of your gumpy ass! :lol:

Northman
12-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Thats just because she was tired of your gumpy ass! :lol:

Im telling you, i was kind of numb through the whole thing. She was more angry about it all than i was. But then again she never had to go through all the previous SB losses and such. :lol:

Dzone
12-11-2010, 12:39 PM
it is going to be one of those moments we never forget. Where were you when you found out about Mcdaniels being fired? I was at my office when my mom called, she said "I have some good news for you. Josh Mcdaniels was fired. I just saw it scroll across the bottom of the TV"..I said " You have to be kidding me! Really? Oh thats great!!!!"..Then I started telling everyone I could. It was definitely a great feeling. weee weee weee

BeefStew25
12-11-2010, 12:47 PM
My wife and I were in the bedroom when I got the text. She mounted me while instated the McD Gine thread. My keyboard had KY all over it.

BroncoJoe
12-11-2010, 12:53 PM
My wife and I were in the bedroom when I got the text. She mounted me while instated the McD Gine thread. My keyboard had KY all over it.

Looks like it still does...

WTF is instated and Gine?

rationalfan
12-11-2010, 12:55 PM

no offense, personally, to you, but this reads like it was written by a kid trying to be cool.

Ravage!!!
12-11-2010, 12:55 PM

:lol: :lol:

Northman
12-11-2010, 01:16 PM
no offense, personally, to you, but this reads like it was written by a kid trying to be cool.

Hey now RF, dont mock the coolness that is Beef. ;)

Dzone
12-11-2010, 01:44 PM

Nawww come on, lighten up, beef is funny

Dzone
12-11-2010, 01:45 PM

LOL...instated and Gine...hahahahahaaaa:lol:

Lonestar
12-11-2010, 01:58 PM
One of the radio stations had Reeves on and were asking him about coming in as a GM...he sounded interested. Now that one, I wouldn't mind at all. I love listening to Reeves. He has a calming voice and he knows his freaking shit.

Could you imagine though, Elway in the front office consulting and Reeves as the GM...I wonder if they would get along all these years later.

Not a chance in heel unless he is ONLY hired to handle personnel his ideas on offense sucked and probably cost John most of the passing records that marino had before manning and farve came along.

as for him and John working together I doubt it I'd rather have the Duke and his input.

Cugel
12-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Not a chance in heel unless he is ONLY hired to handle personnel his ideas on offense sucked and probably cost John most of the passing records that marino had before manning and farve came along.

as for him and John working together I doubt it I'd rather have the Duke and his input.

Reeves is ridiculously OLD at this point and washed up. They need a TOP ELITE Talent evaluator like Jim Goodman was. (Unfortunately, they got rid of Goodman's son once they promoted Brian Xanders and he didn't want to stay with the organization). He also probably didn't want to work for McDaniels who undoubtedly impressed him as one serious A******.

But there are other guys you could hire who have proven themselves as talent evaluators.

The New GM doesn't have to RUN the organization. They have Xanders and Ellis for that. What they desperately need is a TOP talent guy to make the ultimate player personnel decisions and work with the coach to develop the plan.

That guy is decidedly NOT Brian Xanders, who is more of a numbers guy, nor is it Ellis -- who's a total bean-counter, not talent evaluator.

That's why the personnel decisions fell to McDaniels by default the other remaining guys just couldn't do the job.

rationalfan
12-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Hey now RF, dont mock the coolness that is Beef. ;)

cool is subjective.

Cugel
12-11-2010, 02:12 PM

Doesn't look to me like Elway is coming in. What would his role be? He isn't qualified to be GM and he says so in his last interview on the Elway Show. He isn't going to run the business side of the organization so long as they have both Ellis and Xanders. Perhaps they could bring in a GM who would serve as the key player personnel guy and fire Xanders.

But, I don't see that happening. That would leave Ellis as the cap-ologist and I'm not sure he does that.

All in all there doesn't seem to be any room for Elway.

Lonestar
12-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Reeves is ridiculously OLD at this point and washed up. They need a TOP ELITE Talent evaluator like Jim Goodman was. (Unfortunately, they got rid of Goodman's son once they promoted Brian Xanders and he didn't want to stay with the organization). He also probably didn't want to work for McDaniels who undoubtedly impressed him as one serious A******.

But there are other guys you could hire who have proven themselves as talent evaluators.

The New GM doesn't have to RUN the organization. They have Xanders and Ellis for that. What they desperately need is a TOP talent guy to make the ultimate player personnel decisions and work with the coach to develop the plan.

That guy is decidedly NOT Brian Xanders, who is more of a numbers guy, nor is it Ellis -- who's a total bean-counter, not talent evaluator.

That's why the personnel decisions fell to McDaniels by default the other remaining guys just couldn't do the job.

On this point we can agree to agree.

I'm old school I believe the GM should be right under the owner or board . Should have pretty much control of everything. that does not mean he has to do it all and keeping Xman would be good as I do not think he the scouting department and Josh were that far off in finding talent for this past draft.

BUT the GM does have to be able to see eye to eye on what the coaches want in talent. Can't be like the guy in KC a few years ago that drafted LJ when Priest was running wild. a total waste of a round 1 choice.

I do not agree that goodman was all that special. While they did well finding talent in the Southeast which is pretty much like shooting fish in a barrel.

Lonestar
12-11-2010, 02:29 PM
Doesn't look to me like Elway is coming in. What would his role be? He isn't qualified to be GM and he says so in his last interview on the Elway Show. He isn't going to run the business side of the organization so long as they have both Ellis and Xanders. Perhaps they could bring in a GM who would serve as the key player personnel guy and fire Xanders.

But, I don't see that happening. That would leave Ellis as the cap-ologist and I'm not sure he does that.

All in all there doesn't seem to be any room for Elway.

Everything I have heard about John is he wants to have a role , he knows he is not qualified to be a GM, Nothing set but would love to mentor the offensive side including QBs and motivate the guys. the kiddies listen to him.

Not even sure he wants a salary if I were him, I'd take stock in lieu of money for the income. what a prefect way to get around the selling of stock to him issue.

dogfish
12-11-2010, 02:34 PM
i was in middle school beyotch... no i never killed anyone...

too bad, guess u must b soft. . .

Cugel
12-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Everything I have heard about John is he wants to have a role , he knows he is not qualified to be a GM, Nothing set but would love to mentor the offensive side including QBs and motivate the guys. the kiddies listen to him.

Not even sure he wants a salary if I were him, I'd take stock in lieu of money for the income. what a prefect way to get around the selling of stock to him issue.

Well, it doesn't look like Bowlen is going to fire his closest confidant in Ellis, so that leaves Xanders. If the Broncos fired Xanders that might make some room for Elway. But I don't know if Elway either wants or CAN do Xander's job and so far there's been no move to get rid of Xanders.

What we KNOW and John agrees is that he's not qualified to serve as GM and make the final player personnel decisions.

John might like to come back but there has to be some room for him.

Lonestar
12-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Well, it doesn't look like Bowlen is going to fire his closest confidant in Ellis, so that leaves Xanders. If the Broncos fired Xanders that might make some room for Elway. But I don't know if Elway either wants or CAN do Xander's job and so far there's been no move to get rid of Xanders.

What we KNOW and John agrees is that he's not qualified to serve as GM and make the final player personnel decisions.

John might like to come back but there has to be some room for him.

I do not think there has to be an existing spot to take . something like Executive VP in charge of player morale. Everyone knows he is there to be another set of eye and ears for Pat. Xman and Ellis do their jobs and the NEW GM (I Pray) handles assembling coaches evaluates players and works on the draft. All listening to the Duke as well as Pat.

BroncoNut
12-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Now I have that stupid insurance commercial with the pig screaming wheeeeeee out the window in my head. :laugh: Thanks Rav!

that's what came into my mind too

Denver27og
12-11-2010, 03:24 PM
IMO, the problem with your post has to do with the thread title:

"Good to be a broncos fan again"

You incriminated yourself with that.

yea.. it sucked to be a denver fan with mcdick in control... no???

am i wrong??

and now its good to be a broncos fan again....

like yea it sucked being a chiefs fan

but this year its prolly good to be a chiefs fan...

but in my case it wasnt about wins or losses.. it was about that guy that trashed our team... didnt he?? no?go ahead come up withsomething clever to say and get your lil high fives

Denver27og
12-11-2010, 03:26 PM
yea so anyways i made this thread cuz it felt soooooooo dammmmm good to see that mcdick was fired...

didnt intend for all you guys to start callin me a fairweather fan or bandwagon?? bandwagon?? are we good all of a sudden?? isnt bandwagon riding when u only like the good teams??

Denver27og
12-11-2010, 03:27 PM
too bad, guess u must b soft. . .

pretty funny man... very good one

Tned
12-11-2010, 04:51 PM
I do not think there has to be an existing spot to take . something like Executive VP in charge of player morale. Everyone knows he is there to be another set of eye and ears for Pat. Xman and Ellis do their jobs and the NEW GM (I Pray) handles assembling coaches evaluates players and works on the draft. All listening to the Duke as well as Pat.

I think you now see that you were wrong about Xanders role in player moves. McDaniels had full control, authority and final say.

I Eat Staples
12-11-2010, 05:11 PM
I think some of you jump on other posters too quickly. The way I read it, he wasn't saying he stopped being a Broncos fan, he just lost enthusiasm for the team and it is now better to be a Broncos fan now that McD is gone.

Assuming I interpreted correctly, I feel the exact same way. I've always supported the Broncos and I watched every single game McDaniels unfortunately coached, but it is now a much better feeling knowing that no matter what happens we won't have a coach worse than McD.

turftoad
12-11-2010, 05:31 PM
I never stopped being a Broncos fan. McD? Not so much. I'm on Clays side.

Denver27og
12-11-2010, 05:33 PM
I think some of you jump on other posters too quickly. The way I read it, he wasn't saying he stopped being a Broncos fan, he just lost enthusiasm for the team and it is now better to be a Broncos fan now that McD is gone.

Assuming I interpreted correctly, I feel the exact same way. I've always supported the Broncos and I watched every single game McDaniels unfortunately coached, but it is now a much better feeling knowing that no matter what happens we won't have a coach worse than McD.

Thanks bro... yea when i got news that mcd was fired... oh man..... i was a happy guy... thought ide come back to the forum to get some feedback... but everyones like ****... hahah good riddance!!!!!!!!!

poor pat bowlen... he got scammed by mcd...

mcd ruined our franchise...

Denver27og
12-11-2010, 05:36 PM

sounds like your pretty upset that hes gone...

but honestly i think your still mad at me cuz i beat u in madden by 40 points like 4 years ago... get over it buddy...

I Eat Staples
12-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Some people never gave Josh a chance.

And we were right. Not sure how he fooled anyone into thinking he could be anything but a terrible coach.

Northman
12-11-2010, 06:02 PM

Although im sure he has cleared up his stance when you post "Its good to be Broncos fan AGAIN" it would leave one to assume he left in the first place. I dont mind his reasons that he has recently explained. Im just talking about how he initially laid it out. To say you are a Broncos fan again would mean you left in the first place. Just poor wording on his part.

Lonestar
12-11-2010, 06:17 PM
I think you now see that you were wrong about Xanders role in player moves. McDaniels had full control, authority and final say.

I do not think I've ever stated theat Josh was not involved ..

believe my stance was Xman was the GM making sure the scouts are doing their jobs, the contracts get done.

I also ccommneted that going to the combine and the requirting trip jsut before the draft he was spare eyes and ears.

I do not believe I ever said he was the sole authority there and decision maker.

but then I could be wrong also on that.

topscribe
12-11-2010, 06:21 PM

believe my stance was Xman was the GM making sure the scouts are doing their jobs, the contracts get done.

I also ccommneted that going to the combine and the requirting trip jsut before the draft he was spare eyes and ears.

I do not believe I ever said he was the sole authority there and decision maker.

That's the way I remember it . . .

-----

frauschieze
12-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Although im sure he has cleared up his stance when you post "Its good to be Broncos fan AGAIN" it would leave one to assume he left in the first place. I dont mind his reasons that he has recently explained. Im just talking about how he initially laid it out. To say you are a Broncos fan again would mean you left in the first place. Just poor wording on his part.

Not exactly. It's one of those phrases which has a completely different meaning depending on where the inflections are placed when speaking them.

It's good to be a Broncos fan again can mean:

1. A person was a Broncos fan before, was not a fan for a time, then was a fan again.

or

2. It was not easy (bad) being a Broncos fan for a time, and now it is good again.

It is this second meaning that he was intending; in speech the emphasis would have been placed on the word "good", where the first it would be on "fan".

Just another occasion where the internet makes people's intentions harder to interpret.

Tned
12-11-2010, 06:33 PM

That's the way I remember it . . .

-----

I'm sure it isn't selective memory, just the trauma of this season effecting your memories.

You routinely refused to accept the fact that the McDaniels setup was basically the same as the Shanahan power setup, with McDaniels deciding all player decisions. Instead, you stated that McDaniels had 'input', but that Xman (as you call him) was in charge of player acquisitions and functioned as a real GM.

Lonestar
12-11-2010, 06:45 PM
I'm sure it isn't selective memory, just the trauma of this season effecting your memories.

You routinely refused to accept the fact that the McDaniels setup was basically the same as the Shanahan power setup, with McDaniels deciding all player decisions. Instead, you stated that McDaniels had 'input', but that Xman (as you call him) was in charge of player acquisitions and functioned as a real GM.

If you say so, it is not that much to argue about when there are so many other things,

Is my mobile site working yet?:D

Ravage!!!
12-11-2010, 06:46 PM

I think its a pretty common mistake in english language. Just poor grammar.

It should have read, "Its good, again, to be a Bronco's fan".. or "Once more, its good to be a Bronco's fan." Either way.

It wasn't so good to be a Broncos fan for the last two years.

I ALSO (as you well know, north) don't buy into the concept that it makes you a TRUE Broncos fan purely because you "support" any coach that holds the title. I think any fan has the right and SHOULD express their displeasure. Thats a FAN. It doesn't make you any more of a "fan" to simply accept everything that is put in front of you. That just makes you a lemming.

Tned
12-11-2010, 07:01 PM
If you say so, it is not that much to argue about when there are so many other things,

Is my mobile site working yet?:D

Maybe you're imagining a problem with the mobile site, like you dream up all these make believe scenarios to support your opinions of Cutler, McDaniels, etc... ;)

topscribe
12-11-2010, 07:03 PM

Hmmm . . . I'm not sure how much of that you meant for me, but there
certainly was not enough trauma to affect my memory or anything else. It's
just a game to me.

Now, I have sorted through a massive amount of information over that period,
actually more from beyond the game than from within it, so I could be
mistaken in what I recall. But no "trauma" of any sort has ever affected my
memory . . .

-----

BeefStew25
12-11-2010, 09:56 PM

I am sorry you are bitter. I wish I could give you a hug.

atwater27
12-12-2010, 01:02 AM

He bowed to the fans, who were whipped into a frenzy by the press that never got onto his band wagon.

LMAO!!!! Haven't missed a beat in a month. You are still dead wrong about McDaniels.

Ravage!!!
12-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Good god, can you imagine what this team would be like if McD was allowed to "finish what he started?" Wow. Maybe he would dig a giant hole in the stadium field, and just fill it with dung. Would be a faster route to the "finish" line that he was headed to take us.

topscribe
12-12-2010, 11:38 AM
LMAO!!!! Haven't missed a beat in a month. You are still dead wrong about McDaniels.

Actually, a lot of people still agree with Lonestar, at least on his first point,
including people who are in football . . .

-----

Tned
12-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Actually, a lot of people still agree with Lonestar, at least on his first point,
including people who are in football . . .

-----

Where? Peewee football? :confused:

There weren't too many people out there saying "McDaniels needs to be allowed to complete his rebuilding of the Broncos."

Tned
12-12-2010, 01:02 PM

Gary Miller just tweeted this:

RT @thegarymiller: Looks like Brian Xanders will stay in teams restructured front office. We hear McDaniels made some trades without consulting him at all.

topscribe
12-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Where? Peewee football? :confused:

There weren't too many people out there saying "McDaniels needs to be allowed to complete his rebuilding of the Broncos."

I personally heard the same in a couple recent interviews. Don't ask me which:
I don't recall specifically off the top. (I didn't think I would have the need to
reproduce it.) But I did hear it.

In fact, IIRC, Elway suggested something to that effect on 87.7 The Ticket,
although he understandably remained politically careful about how he worded it.

P.S. You could have refrained from the "Pee Wee Football" remark. Simply asking
where I heard it would have connoted more respect. Over my years of posting,
I believe I have demonstrated I don't dream things up and then post them as
fact . . .

-----

Tned
12-12-2010, 01:25 PM
I personally heard the same in a couple recent interviews. Don't ask me which:
I don't recall specifically off the top. (I didn't think I would have the need to
reproduce it.) But I did hear it.

In fact, IIRC, Elway suggested something to that effect on 87.7 The Ticket,
although he understandably remained politically careful about how he worded it.

P.S. You could have refrained from the "Pee Wee Football" remark. Simply asking
where I heard it would have connoted more respect. Over my years of posting,
I believe I have demonstrated I don't dream things up and then post them as
fact . . .

-----

Let's not play the "you could have refrained" game, as my list would be longer than yours ;)

On the other, in defense of your friend's incessant defense of McDaniels, you posted something that makes it sound like there is wide spread belief that McDaniels should have been given more time (yes, I realize you will now parse your last post and point out I have reading comprehension problems).

I am one of the people that said that if McDaniels was working a rebuilding plan ENDORSED and believed in by Mr. Bowlen and Ellis, then he should be given time to complete it.

However, those of us voicing that view were in the minority.

frauschieze
12-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Meh. Mike Lombardi is the only big name pundit who stated McD should have stayed. So yeah, I guess that's a big name in football, but for the most part, he's on an island by himself.

topscribe
12-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Let's not play the "you could have refrained" game, as my list would be longer than yours ;)

On the other, in defense of your friend's incessant defense of McDaniels, you posted something that makes it sound like there is wide spread belief that McDaniels should have been given more time (yes, I realize you will now parse your last post and point out I have reading comprehension problems).

I am one of the people that said that if McDaniels was working a rebuilding plan ENDORSED and believed in by Mr. Bowlen and Ellis, then he should be given time to complete it.

However, those of us voicing that view were in the minority.

If you want to start this juvenile "you're wronger than I am" crap, do it by
yourself. I'm not playing. Your attempt to drag up the past is not relevant
here. The fact is, you could have refrained from that remark.

I was not aware I was defending a friend. I was simply repeating what I
thought I heard. Your use of "incessant" demonstrates your your propensity
for hyperbole since I have made a mere handful of posts to this effect.

I don't care what your position was. I was only repeating what I have heard.
And I said "a lot." I did not say "widespread." If you wanted clarification on
what I meant, I would have provided it. That would have been superior to
your reading into my words, as you did by inferring that I alluded to your
reading comprehension skills. I have my own thoughts on that, but I implied
nothing of the sort in my post, only what you apparently imagined.

Now, just take what I post at face value. And, again, if you need clarification,
ask. I will be very accommodating . . .

-----

Tned
12-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Meh. Mike Lombardi is the only big name pundit who stated McD should have stayed. So yeah, I guess that's a big name in football, but for the most part, he's on an island by himself.

Lombardi worked for Bill Belichick in Cleveland and reportedly is a big fan of his, and the Patriots as a result. Many seem to think that is the reason for his big support of McDaniels and the "Patriot way" he was trying to introduce in Denver.

Denver27og
12-12-2010, 01:44 PM
I think its a pretty common mistake in english language. Just poor grammar.

It should have read, "Its good, again, to be a Bronco's fan".. or "Once more, its good to be a Bronco's fan." Either way.

It wasn't so good to be a Broncos fan for the last two years.

I ALSO (as you well know, north) don't buy into the concept that it makes you a TRUE Broncos fan purely because you "support" any coach that holds the title. I think any fan has the right and SHOULD express their displeasure. Thats a FAN. It doesn't make you any more of a "fan" to simply accept everything that is put in front of you. That just makes you a lemming.

well said my friend... thank you for clarifying...

Denver27og
12-12-2010, 01:56 PM

undercover pats fan it seems like..... and yes cutler was right about mcd... and looks like alot of u guys are wrong about my boy... cutler say what u want about him... but he played all out for us...

Tned
12-12-2010, 02:05 PM
EDITED

Trying reading the rules if you are confused about what is or isn't acceptable words to post. You will also find a section on publicly complaining about moderator actions.

Not knowing the rules is not an excuse, so I encourage you STRONGLY to review them. http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1514

Denver27og
12-12-2010, 02:06 PM
EDITED by Tned: Continued violation of forum rules.

Tned
12-12-2010, 02:07 PM
EDITED

Check your PMs and DO NOT continue this line of discussion in this thread. This is a violation of the rules and will result in your posts getting deleted, and possibly further action against you.

Tned
12-12-2010, 02:33 PM
wow tned... cannot believe u edited those last posts....

____ you and _____ this forum... im out... no need to ban cuz i wont be coming back...

He dick head, I edited ONE of your posts, the one where you continued to violate forum rules, even after warned to not do so. In addition, I will be editing the above for circumventing the filter.

Don't let the door hit you on the ass. Clearly, you can't handle being subjected to the same rules the rest of us have to follow, so clealry BroncosForums is not for you.

Tned
12-12-2010, 02:42 PM
P.S. Damn that son of a Raider for making me moderate posts today, which I hate doing!!! May Al Davis have his way with him...

chazoe60
12-12-2010, 02:53 PM
P.S. Damn that son of a Raider for making me moderate posts today, which I hate doing!!! May Al Davis have his way with him...

Careful Tned, remember how tough that guy is. He's probably practicing his Karate as we speak, prepping for his final duel with you. Don't forget, he has spilled blood for this team, what have you done?

Tned
12-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Careful Tned, remember how tough that guy is. He's probably practicing his Karate as we speak, prepping for his final duel with you. Don't forget, he has spilled blood for this team, what have you done?

What have I done? I have sent out 12 Broncos related Tweets already today!!! If that doesn't make you quake in your slippers, you my friend, are a man's man! ;) :lol:

Elevation inc
12-12-2010, 03:01 PM
to the OP...good for you, many of us never left though so I have no clue what your talking about

silkamilkamonico
12-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Happy to be a Denver fan again until they took the field against the garbage Cardinals and got their ass kicked.

This organization is a f'n embarrasment.

Just when things couldn't seem to get any worse with a failed new HC that just gets fired, Denver isn't even smart enough to find a way to get Tim Tebow on the field in a meaningless week 13 game where Kyle Orton sucks.

Sell the team Bowlen. You've completely lost "it" and are now in over your head.

Tned
12-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Happy to be a Denver fan again until they took the field against the garbage Cardinals and got their ass kicked.

This organization is a f'n embarrasment.

Just when things couldn't seem to get any worse with a failed new HC that just gets fired, Denver isn't even smart enough to find a way to get Tim Tebow on the field in a meaningless week 13 game where Kyle Orton sucks.

Sell the team Bowlen. You've completely lost "it" and are now in over your head.

Are you back to being an ex-fan again? So hard to keep track.

silkamilkamonico
12-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Are you back to being an ex-fan again? So hard to keep track.

Doe it really matter? Really hard to be sane, and a continued fan of an organization that gives you no hope of being a fan.

And to think I actually made fun of the Detroit Lion fanbase all these years.

Ravage!!!
12-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Well.. it was fun for a day.

But at least at the end of this Sunday, I can look in the mirror after getting up in the morning, smile as I rub my chin, and scream "MCDANIELS IS STILL GONE!!!!"

Thats one consolation.

Ravage!!!
Doe it really matter? Really hard to be sane, and a continued fan of an organization that gives you no hope of being a fan.

Its EASY to be a fan when things are going well.

Jagsbch
Good to be a broncos fan again :D:D

silkamilkamonico
12-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Its EASY to be a fan when things are going well.

It's easy to be a fan hen an organization isn't an embarassment and actually has a legitimate plan.

Just when I didn't think it could get any worse than McDaniels, we go and get our ass kicked by the Arizona Cardinals and some guy named John Skeleton.

KCL
12-12-2010, 08:14 PM

Oh good lord..then go be a fan of the Pats then...if you're going to be a Broncos fan then be one..bitch and complain when they're losing but don't write shit like this.

MileHiWildcat
12-12-2010, 08:39 PM
He dick head, I edited ONE of your posts, the one where you continued to violate forum rules, even after warned to not do so. In addition, I will be editing the above for circumventing the filter.

Don't let the door hit you on the ass. Clearly, you can't handle being subjected to the same rules the rest of us have to follow, so clealry BroncosForums is not for you.

Nice language from a "MOD" perhaps you should read the rules as well. Must be nice to pretend you are Big Brother.

KCL
12-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Nice language from a "MOD" perhaps you should read the rules as well. Must be nice to pretend you are Big Brother.

Meh...he deserved it from the git go.

BeefStew25
12-12-2010, 08:54 PM
I just drank a Crown and KY. Not bad.

Tned
12-12-2010, 09:05 PM

Sorry for my typo, that should have read "Hey dick head".

P.S. I'm not a mod, I'm an admin. There's a difference.

Tned
12-12-2010, 09:06 PM
I just drank a Crown and KY. Not bad.

Original KY or the warming stuff?

Denver27og
12-12-2010, 10:03 PM

tned... u should edit your own post... calling someone a dick head?? sounds like a personal attack to me... what an ass

Northman
12-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Sorry for my typo, that should have read "Hey dick head".

P.S. I'm not a mod, I'm an admin. There's a difference.

Yea, quit being a forum Nazi T. :lol:

Tned
12-12-2010, 10:06 PM
tned... u should edit your own post... calling someone a dick head?? sounds like a personal attack to me... what an ass

Didn't you say this forum sucks and you were never coming back? Wow, that lasted what, four hours?

Northman
12-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Didn't you say this forum sucks and you were never coming back? Wow, that lasted what, four hours?

He cant resist us.

Tned
12-12-2010, 10:10 PM
He cant resist us.

Yep, and he's about to respond in here again. Sheesh. Stay or leave, but don't whine about BF sucking and then stay.

Denver27og
12-12-2010, 10:10 PM

what a joke u are... head admin?? enough with the power trippin bro.. how do i block you?

Denver27og
12-12-2010, 10:11 PM
He cant resist us.

thin line between love and hate...

Dreadnought
12-12-2010, 10:13 PM
what a joke u are... head admin?? enough with the power trippin bro.. how do i block you?

You don't. You post in keeping with the CofC, to include following Mod/Admin directions, or you shuffle off elsewhere

Tned
12-12-2010, 10:14 PM
i had to come back after we got smashed by the cardinals...

had to see how my fellow bronco fans were thinking...

and then i noticed your posts...

hahah your a funny a guy...

is there anyway i can just block anything that your posting??

No, you didn't HAVE to come back, you chose to. Just like you chose to attack one of the mods because she edited ONE of your posts, which resulted in you throwing a temper tantrum. You got your panties further in a wad when I tried to explain how that was against the rules.

As to blocking me, you can block me by leaving or getting banned. Otherwise, you get to read my posts, just like unfortunately, I have to read your posts, as I can't put anyone on ignore.

Juriga72
12-12-2010, 10:15 PM
I wish I could quit you

I saw this in a movie once.....

silkamilkamonico
12-12-2010, 10:36 PM
Oh good lord..then go be a fan of the Pats then...if you're going to be a Broncos fan then be one..bitch and complain when they're losing but don't write shit like this.

LMAO

How about the organization quit ******* up, so fans can have a reason to cheer for it again.

chazoe60
12-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Tned wielding the banhammer..........Nice

Watch your back though, that dude is a real OG. He's got the gangster speak down and everything, I mean, it's as though he's never even seen a book.

Dreadnought
12-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Tned wielding the banhammer..........Nice

Watch your back though, that dude is a real OG. He's got the gangster speak down and everything, I mean, it's as though he's never even seen a book.

Just FTR, Tned never weilds that ol' Banhammer. Thats done by majority vote by Mods :salute:

Seperation of Powers and all that...

Northman
12-12-2010, 10:49 PM
I did it.

Juriga72
12-12-2010, 10:50 PM
I did it.

"I'm Spartacus"...

Tned
12-12-2010, 11:02 PM
"I'm Spartacus"...

Blood and Sand is supposed to start back early next year, or possibly the prequel, because Spartacus had Cancer and they had to delay filming the next season.

KCL
12-12-2010, 11:16 PM
LMAO

How about the organization quit ******* up, so fans can have a reason to cheer for it again.

You gotta take the good along with the bad or else might as well not watch football if you can't handle the frustration...:D

KCL
12-12-2010, 11:17 PM
I did it.

I think that guy is related to Overtime....:eek:

silkamilkamonico
12-12-2010, 11:19 PM
You gotta take the good along with the bad or else might as well not watch football if you can't handle the frustration...:D

5 years and no playoffs. 1 playoff win and 1 division win in the last 12 years. Yea, I'd say there's plenty more bad than good. I'm waiting for the god forsaken organization to figure that out too.

Tned
12-12-2010, 11:20 PM
5 years and no playoffs. 1 playoff win and 1 division win in the last 12 years. Yea, I'd say there's plenty more bad than good. I'm waiting for the god forsaken organization to figure that out too.

Silk, how long have you been a Broncos fan?

KCL
12-12-2010, 11:23 PM

Like I don't get or understand all that???

silkamilkamonico
12-13-2010, 12:03 AM
Silk, how long have you been a Broncos fan?

I've been a fan since Elway's rookie season.

I've watched Bowlen come in and resurrect this franchise that was close to possibly folding or moving, and build a very respectable winner with Mike Shanahan.

I have allowed for a few bad years after Elway retired and was happy when Shanahan kept us in the running.

I've started to change my opinion when we had playoff blowout after playoff blowout, and I have watched this organization fall on a continued downward spiral sicne the middle of the 06' season to the depths of despari in it's in now.

And now I'm hearing there possibly won't be much change in upper management, which is where the problem is in the first place. JMHO.

Like I don't get or understand all that???

congratulations.

BroncoJoe
12-13-2010, 12:26 AM
Nixon said it best, and I'm sure long time Broncos fans can relate:

Only when you've been in the deepest valley, can you truly appreciate how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Just a bump in the LONG road of being a fan people.

Lancane
12-13-2010, 12:37 AM
Nixon said it best, and I'm sure long time Broncos fans can relate:

Just a bump in the LONG road of being a fan people.

Yeah, the Watergate dude...I know him, he'd have been proud of the spygate initiative!

Maybe we shouldn't listen to his ass...

JFK said it best -

And so, my fellow Broncomaniacs: ask not what your team can do for you — ask what you can do for your team.
My fellow Broncomaniacs of the world: ask not what the Head Coach will do for you, but what together we can do for a Super Bowl Title.

Sorry, couldn't resist! :lol:

BroncoJoe
12-13-2010, 12:40 AM
Yeah, the Watergate dude...I know him, he'd have been proud of the spygate initiative!

Maybe we shouldn't listen to his ass...

JFK said it best -

Sorry, couldn't resist! :lol:

Nice quote, but unfortunately we as fans can't do jack shit about the Broncos.

Won't get into Politics in this forum, but you clearly don't know jack about Nixon other than Watergate.

Lancane
12-13-2010, 12:49 AM
Nice quote, but unfortunately we as fans can't do jack shit about the Broncos.

Won't get into Politics in this forum, but you clearly don't know jack about Nixon other than Watergate.

Lighten up...it's called being sarcastic! ;)

BroncoJoe
12-13-2010, 12:55 AM

Didn't see the sarcasm button. My apologies.

Lancane
12-13-2010, 01:10 AM
Didn't see the sarcasm button. My apologies.

It's really small, minuscule even...but right there under your nose nonetheless! ;)

GEM
12-13-2010, 10:24 AM

Come on silk....we're nowhere close to the Detroit Lions. :rolleyes: Exaggerate much?

GEM
12-13-2010, 10:27 AM
Blood and Sand is supposed to start back early next year, or possibly the prequel, because Spartacus had Cancer and they had to delay filming the next season.

I was going to get it the first season, but my dad said it was so bad that I shouldn't bother. He said there was so much sex and bullshit that it took away from the story. My dad saying too much sex....it must be terrible. :lol:

Tned
12-13-2010, 10:29 AM
I was going to get it the first season, but my dad said it was so bad that I shouldn't bother. He said there was so much sex and bullshit that it took away from the story. My dad saying too much sex....it must be terrible. :lol:

Think 300, sopranos and soft porn rolled together. So far, everyone who I've talked to that watched it, loves it. They actually do the sex in context and it works. Do yourself a favor and check out season 1.

Dzone
12-13-2010, 10:36 AM
They said all mike leach ever did was snap the ball perfectly for 4 years. The damn burst when Mcd got rid of him as soon as he took over. Just rep;eating what I just heaRD on 877

Ravage!!!
12-13-2010, 06:29 PM
LMAO

Honestly silk, I understand your frustration. But going by YOUR comments, honestly, I don't know if you are happiest being a fan of ONE team. Perhaps, it would be better if you simply watch football, and root for the teams that are winning or, are showing you something you enjoy.

TimTebow15MVP
12-13-2010, 10:00 PM
wow if you can decide that your NOT a broncos fan because of a coach then your not a real broncos fan to begin with. wherre the joy when the team is good if your not a broncos fan when the team is bad?

I hate bullshit fans like these.

jhildebrand
12-13-2010, 10:06 PM
This team is a trainwreck.

The beauty is we are no longer complacent and happy just being in the playoff race like we always were with Shanahan.

After the SB victories I often wondered if it would ever seem as sweet as those two.

All this turmoil will make us appreciate the turnaround that much more. Now we just need to sit back and see what Bowlen does.

I am excited.

Denver27og
12-19-2010, 11:17 PM
Tebow should do great against the texans!! cant wait to see how we do next week

horsepig
12-19-2010, 11:38 PM
Right where we all were supporting OUR Head Coach come hell or high water.

Was not angry when mike got cut,

Was not mad that he came from NE.

Was happy that he decided that our LOS players were not cutting the mustard.

Was sad to see jay go as he could have been special here but was to immature to deal with LIFE. happy he got to go to his childhood fav team.

Sad to see hillis go but frankly I would have made that trade any day KNOWING what we knew at the time.
A. we needed a back up QB, a prior 1st round pick that has potential.
B. a little if ever used FB # 7 pick IIRC in trade.
C. no one wanted to see simms here another year.
D. NO ONE knew that Orton would blossom into the QB he did.

glad to see marshal go to a team and area of the country he wanted to get back to. He was a mental midget here after Dwil died. He wanted way more money than a WR is worth.

really enjoyed last years Draft never knowing what Josh would do was really looking forward to this years. HE got some really good picks last year mostly without costing us draft choice IIRC started with 7 picks and got 9 including to potential Franchise player in the first. And hey those two starting OLINE rookies are looking pretty damned good now.

Perhaps he could have gotten some DLine guys last year or frankly the year before that. But His DCS seemed to have gotten the players they wanted.

Glad TS is gone to a place he wanted to be DET near his home town.. Looks like he will not have far to go when he is cut.

I think it was sad that Pat made the decision to fire him, for the following reasons.

He is putting that newbie coach into a really bad spot .

By putting that newbie coach into a really bad spot,

If there is a lockout:

No OTAs to get the new scheme installed before training camp.

Players will not have access to our trainers or dove valley.

He will be working with a scouting department that has been looking for Joshes type of players, not that it would not be a Good thing to continue with.

Can he trust the existing coaching staff to have there ideas on players. or will he fire them all because they are Joshes guys.

if he fires them all he will have to only have film of the existing players to make decisions by cut down day.

So I've been gone for awhile and have not been able to express my thoughts here now I have .. read and discuss.

Cripes, Lone, you are making me depressed, and I am really fired up about Tebow's performance.

McD was in over his head. He could not handle PEOPLE. That is the HC's job. The HC does not coach the LB's, he handles the other coaches and the teams identity/style.

I'm not sure that McD was too far off on the team, but he sure as Hell could not handle people.

topscribe
12-20-2010, 12:00 AM

Be very, very careful . . .

-----

Denver27og
12-27-2010, 04:57 PM
yesssss... good to be a broncos fan again*

benched cutler for tebow in fantasy... they scored the same amount..

lets trade orton to cardinals... didnt mcdick give him a 5 mil bonus?? oh well

Denver27og
12-27-2010, 05:02 PM
lets bring in singletary for a DC