PDA

View Full Version : Buckle Your Seatbelts

robert ethan
12-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Mike Freeman is saying that the Cox arrest may be the tip of an iceburg involving several other Bronco players under investigation.

Juriga72
12-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Quality control...... "We have a problem". Maybe Josh was showing them re-runs of "The Love Boat" and well.... They thought it was about the Vikings.

Maybe THIS is why they fired Josh.... Hmmm You think Pat would find this out right? 2-3 maybe MORE players get busted like this....hmmmmmmmm

chazoe60
12-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Oh shit. I hope that is not true. What a ******* disgrace that could end up becoming.

underrated29
12-10-2010, 04:15 PM
When will this Nightmare End!?

I Eat Staples
12-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Maybe they were drinking too much while celebrating McDaniels' firing.

BroncoNut
12-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Mike Freeman is saying that the Cox arrest may be the tip of an iceburg involving several other Bronco players under investigation.

no ish. jeesh. this is crazy. I sure picked a bad time to come out of the closet as a broncos fan.

Lancane
12-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Oh shit. I hope that is not true. What a ******* disgrace that could end up becoming.

That depends Chazoe, I think it's disgraceful either way...but what if they are all additions under McDaniels? When you seriously think about it, and if that is the case then the organization will save some face because they fired him already...won't help his career none either, 'We want high character guys'! But...if it runs deeper, and some of the older Bronco players are involved, then we'll become the CU of the professional level and could point to a bigger rebuilding project then fans think.

I have to agree, I hope to hell it isn't true...but if it is, please let it be only involving players brought in by McDaniels.

GEM
12-10-2010, 04:24 PM
Here is his twitter page:

http://twitter.com/realfreemancbs

Hearing some very scary things coming out of Denver outside of Perrish Cox arrest. Other Denver athletes might be in trouble. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

shank
:coversears:

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA

Cugel
Quality control...... "We have a problem". Maybe Josh was showing them re-runs of "The Love Boat" and well.... They thought it was about the Vikings

LMAO! :laugh:

Well, I suppose losing your starting CB to a rape conviction isn't funny. But, the way this season has gone I can't say I'm surprised.

chazoe60
12-10-2010, 04:26 PM
That depends Chazoe, I think it's disgraceful either way...but what if they are all additions under McDaniels? When you seriously think about it, and if that is the case then the organization will save some face because they fired him already...won't help his career none either, 'We want high character guys'! But...if it runs deeper, and some of the older Bronco players are involved, then we'll become the CU of the professional level and could point to a bigger rebuilding project then fans think.

I have to agree, I hope to hell it isn't true...but if it is, please let it be only involving players brought in by McDaniels.

I don't think people will look that deep into it if that is the case though. Unfortunately they will just be looked at as Broncos. It's just damn depressing is what it is.

I really thought McD was going for high character, and for the most part he did, but this could end up being an absolutely awful thing for this franchise. I'm disgusted with the whole damn season.

Northman
12-10-2010, 04:27 PM
WTF?

I dont get it. What the hell is going on! This franchise is self destructing bigtime. If i was Elway, i might rethink my position on this. Why the hell would he want to get involved with this trainwreck. Good grief.

chazoe60
12-10-2010, 04:28 PM

about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

Ugh, **** em if they did some damn evil thing. Get rid of the lot of em.

GEM
12-10-2010, 04:30 PM
We don't know what happened. Hell it could be as simple as he slept with someone, then told them he wasn't interested long term and she went to the police crying rape. Who ******* knows.

Just keep in mind that on the 28th, the Broncos were heading to London. There were a couple of them left behind due to injuries.

slim
12-10-2010, 04:33 PM
I think we should all speculate as to what really happened and who the other players are.

BORDERLINE
12-10-2010, 04:34 PM
AHHHHH S***.....

if it's maroney, Gaffney , Paxton and Ben McD ,

I won't be upset

WTE
12-10-2010, 04:35 PM

Maybe Broncos players have their own White House like the Cowboys back in the day.

chazoe60
12-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Was Travis Henry in town?

DenBronx
12-10-2010, 04:37 PM
In London no means yes.

Lancane
12-10-2010, 04:39 PM
I don't think people will look that deep into it if that is the case though. Unfortunately they will just be looked at as Broncos. It's just damn depressing is what it is.

I really thought McD was going for high character, and for the most part he did, but this could end up being an absolutely awful thing for this franchise. I'm disgusted with the whole damn season.

We as fans we'll look that deep, because it's disgraceful and depressing to us most of all. Never in my life could I have believed that we'd be not only the laughing stock of the NFL, but closer to Oakland or Cincinnati in scandals. Nothing good has happened since the hiring of McDaniels, that short-ass S.O.B is a walking curse! And I think we are all disgusted by this season, but when we really look at it...were all in fact disgusted with everything during the McDaniels era.

Juriga72
12-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Very true.. this could ALL be smoke and mirrors.... JUST like Josh "Didn't look at illegal like video of San Francisco practices".

GEM
12-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Yea, how common are gold diggers in today's NFL anyways. :shrugs: We get a couple bits of info and the guy is already labeled guilty.

GEM
12-10-2010, 04:46 PM
If he's found guilty, I will have no pity for his ass. But coming from a female....women are ******* evil, some are evil to the core. They meet some guy at a club, the guy treats them alright, takes them home, gets it on. Said woman gets it in her head the guy is in love, wants to spend the rest of his life with her (DUH ya ******* dipshit, he took you home and got in your pants the first night) then come to find out he's not interested. Hell hath no fury than a woman scorned.

That is why I will wait to find out the facts before finding him guilty.

Lancane
12-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Very true.. this could ALL be smoke and mirrors.... JUST like Josh "Didn't look at illegal like video of San Francisco practices".

Using the 'Bill Clinton' defense, "I did not inhale" and "I never had sexual relations with that woman"?

"I didn't stick it in, it was an accident...I slipped on my jersey?" or "I was asleep and never had knowledge of a woman screaming 'No' in the other room!"

That's like that one CU player that said, "I had no idea they were hookers, I just thought they liked to wear trashy clothes and have lot's of sex, I never gave them money!"

Dreadnought
12-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Yea, how common are gold diggers in today's NFL anyways. :shrugs: We get a couple bits of info and the guy is already labeled guilty.

I know there is great truth in this, but what's disturbing is that in Cox' case the girl filed first with Cops rather than with a Civil Court. 6 weeks later there is determined to be enough evidence to arrest the guy by the criminal justice system. It doesn't look like Golddiggers this time I'm afraid.

GEM
12-10-2010, 04:50 PM
I know there is great truth in this, but what's disturbing is that in Cox' case the girl filed first with Cops rather than with a Civil Court. 6 weeks later there is determined to be enough evidence to arrest the guy by the criminal justice system. It doesn't look like Golddiggers this time I'm afraid.

Yea...she could be smarter than the other numbskulls. None of the other ones got shit because they didn't go to the cops.

All you need in order to press the rape charges is a sob story and some DNA.

He could have raped her....but until I see some of that stuff actually come out, I'm not in any place to say he's guilty or innocent. I just hate to see his name drug through the mud and no one knows what happened.

If he's found guilty, you best believe, I won't have an ounce of pity for him, but I believe in our justice system and I believe in innocent until proven guilty.

Dreadnought
12-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Yea...she could be smarter than the other numbskulls. None of the other ones got shit because they didn't go to the cops.

All you need in order to press the rape charges is a sob story and some DNA.

He could have raped her....but until I see some of that stuff actually come out, I'm not in any place to say he's guilty or innocent. I just hate to see his name drug through the mud and no one knows what happened.

If he's found guilty, you best believe, I won't have an ounce of pity for him, but I believe in our justice system and I believe in innocent until proven guilty.

And I would also agree there are few lower creatures on Earth than women who cry Rape when its no such thing - in large part because it discredits and humiliates legitimate victims and creates space for ******* rapists to hide

GEM
12-10-2010, 04:56 PM
And I would also agree there are few lower creatures on Earth than women who cry Rape when its no such thing - in large part because it discredits and humiliates legitimate victims and creates space for ******* rapists to hide

I have a ton of personal feelings on this subject. I have a friend who was falsely accused of rape. It's ri-fugging-diculous how easy it is to get rape charges put on someone. It ruins their entire life. In the end, they have already been tried and convicted in the public eye, so at the end when the DA says Ooops. it doesn't matter. They still have the stigma.

claymore
12-10-2010, 04:57 PM
There are only 2-3 players worth keeping on this team. Lets gut this place once, and build from scratch.

G_Money
12-10-2010, 04:58 PM
Perrish fell on draft day due to character concerns. Yeah, he ran slow at the combine, but he also had an arrest for speeding and driving with a suspended license.

He was a guy we took later because he was very talented, and in the 5th you can take a chance on a 1st or 2nd round talent who may not have his head together.

I want to be surprised.

I'm just disappointed.

And I hope they're wrong about Cox and that no other Broncos are involved in anything shady. We'll soon know, I guess, but I'm not exactly optimistic.

~G

Denver Native (Carol)
12-10-2010, 05:04 PM
I have a ton of personal feelings on this subject. I have a friend who was falsely accused of rape. It's ri-fugging-diculous how easy it is to get rape charges put on someone. It ruins their entire life. In the end, they have already been tried and convicted in the public eye, so at the end when the DA says Ooops. it doesn't matter. They still have the stigma.

Some years ago, I also had a friend who's son was accused of rape - my friend even got a call from the police one day while she was at work, and she had to leave work and had to sit down with a woman officer, who in speaking, mentioned a water bed in her home. She told me she looked the woman officer straight in the eyes, and invited her to come to her home immediately with her, as she did NOT have a waterbed in her house. Of course, the woman officer did go to her home. Then sometime later, it came out that the minor had a long time file of accusing different young men of the same thing - case closed - public defender dropped everything. Just like GEM, when you personally know of something like this that turned out to be false, you tend to take the "wait and see" approach.

Lancane
12-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Some years ago, I also had a friend who's son was accused of rape - my friend even got a call from the police one day while she was at work, and she had to leave work and had to sit down with a woman officer, who in speaking, mentioned a water bed in her home. She told me she looked the woman officer straight in the eyes, and invited her to come to her home immediately with her, as she did NOT have a waterbed in her house. Of course, the woman officer did go to her home. Then sometime later, it came out that the minor had a long time file of accusing different young men of the same thing - case closed - public defender dropped everything. Just like GEM, when you personally know of something like this that turned out to be false, you tend to take the "wait and see" approach.

Yeah, not to mention those who have been convicted by false accusations as well. I think it was the Denver Post which broke the story a few years back about how one in every ten cases convicted on such testimony and accusation was false and how such a thing has ruined several young men's lives.

GEM
12-10-2010, 05:17 PM
That is why I just don't go with the initial report of rape. Some women are all about YES until they find out they were used or slept with with no intention of anything further.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Yeah, not to mention those who have been convicted by false accusations as well. I think it was the Denver Post which broke the story a few years back about how one in every ten cases convicted on such testimony and accusation was false and how such a thing has ruined several young men's lives.

You bet it can ruin a young man's life. Thankfully my friend's son was not arrested, but if he had, isn't there an entry on most job applications that ask if you have ever been arrested? Maybe there is not anymore, but I believe at one time there was.

I Eat Staples
12-10-2010, 05:22 PM
That is why I just don't go with the initial report of rape. Some women are all about YES until they find out they were used or slept with with no intention of anything further.

Not to mention when the guy is an NFL player.

GEM
12-10-2010, 05:23 PM
You bet it can ruin a young man's life. Thankfully my friend's son was not arrested, but if he had, isn't there an entry on most job applications that ask if you have ever been arrested? Maybe there is not anymore, but I believe at one time there was.

They aren't supposed to ask about arrests, only convictions. But in Cox's case, since he is in the public eye or anyone in that kind of situation, it doesn't matter if they are convicted if they are tried and convicted in the media.

Spiritguy
12-10-2010, 05:36 PM

Hearing some very scary things coming out of Denver outside of Perrish Cox arrest. Other Denver athletes might be in trouble.

The bolded part made me think for a second that it may not be ALL Bronco players that are being looked at. Followed the link and a post around the same time by him says:

I'm told by source there are allegedly other Denver Broncos players being investigated. Perrish Cox may not be the only one.

:tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

Day1BroncoFan
12-10-2010, 05:47 PM
We're doomed, the sky is falling... LOOKOUT!!!

Lancane
12-10-2010, 05:49 PM

Actually, most jobs require a background check, but even small businesses ask about felony arrests. And usually such crimes whether true or not are classified as felonious crime and charged as such. That means that no matter the class of the felony they have to put it down and let those employers know as much and some companies ask if it's been within a ten year period. And most of them have to register as sex offenders for several years, I believe after ten years they can request the courts to let them quit registering. So, it can hurt them more then just in the workplace, it can effect everything for them. And if you remember the state legislation passed a bill that also now includes indecent exposure, so if you piss in an alleyway you can be charged with a felony in the same class as a rapist!

slim
12-10-2010, 05:52 PM

When I was younger, a girl in my neighbor accused a guy of raping her. After awhile she admitted she lied about it and her dad made her call everyone she knew to confess what she had done (that had to suck).

In the long run, she got the worst of it (no one wanted anything to do with her after that), while everyone seemed to go out of their way to be friendly towards the guy.

I kind of felt sorry for that girl. She was pretty young (maybe 13 or 14) and she had to live her young life as an outcast. Being young is not an excuse, but she made a bad decision and paid for it dearly.

Anywho, I agree that we need to wait for the details.

JONtheBRONCO
12-10-2010, 05:54 PM
vickerson, cox, ayers didnt make london trip

Foochacho
12-10-2010, 05:57 PM
The victims name was never released, but my sources tell me it is was a short man wearing a hoodie and smacking his lips when he talked.

Lancane
12-10-2010, 06:00 PM
When I was younger, a girl in my neighbor accused a guy of raping her. After awhile she admitted she lied about it and her dad made her call everyone she knew to confess what she had done (that had to suck).

In the long run, she got the worst of it (no one wanted anything to do with her after that), while everyone seemed to go out of their way to be friendly towards the guy.

I kind of felt sorry for that girl. She was pretty young (maybe 13 or 14) and she had to live her young life as an outcast. Being young is not an excuse, but she made a bad decision and paid for it dearly.

Anywho, I agree that we need to wait for the details.

There are some girls who do something stupid and then make a story up to protect themselves, it happens...especially as kids. But, I remember one case Slim, a girl accused three different people of the same thing in three different states, it took awhile for them to figure it all out. But each one of the guys in the cases were convicted by her false testimony. Even though law enforcement figured it out, and found out she had been lying about her age with all the men who knew her and she had lied in court under oath, they did nothing...even though it was illegal, nor did they revisit the cases in the matter. There was a big stink about it a few years later, the last guy convicted, a news source revealed that the day he was being sentenced that the girl in question was sleeping with a 24 year old married man.

It's kind of like a social epidemic, so I agree...we need to hear it all out before rushing to any conclusion.

spikerman
12-10-2010, 06:07 PM
IF this is true, I hope to hell that some of these guys didn't take McDaniels' preaching of doing things as a TEAM too literally.

BroncoNut
12-10-2010, 06:11 PM
yeah, this whole rape thing can too often get out of hand. a man has to be careful these days. Gone are the days when you could knock a woman over the head, drag her back to your place and have your way with her

Just kiddin folks.

chazoe60
12-10-2010, 06:14 PM
While I agree that we should not convict him prematurely and that he is indeed innocent until proven guilty, it is also a natural reaction for us as fans to be completely disgusted that the situation exists at all.

Lancane
12-10-2010, 06:24 PM
IF this is true, I hope to hell that some of these guys didn't take McDaniels' preaching of doing things as a TEAM too literally.

That's a scary thought...

It could be worse, it could have been Tebow...talk about a blow to the morality of a fanbase, that would have been it. Orton did it? Alright but sucks, he seemed like a nice guy!; Quinn did it? The victim was a guy!; Tebow did it? WHAT...NO, NO, NO!

Let's just hope that if it is true, and that if others are under investigation that it's no one of great note. It's already another black eye at this point, but at least if it's containable it will not be a great big scar for an organization already in turmoil.

GEM
12-10-2010, 06:42 PM
While I agree that we should not convict him prematurely and that he is indeed innocent until proven guilty, it is also a natural reaction for us as fans to be completely disgusted that the situation exists at all.

Why? When you don't know the facts, why would you be angry? We don't even know the situation. We have no clue about ANY of the details.

chazoe60
12-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Why? When you don't know the facts, why would you be angry? We don't even know the situation. We have no clue about ANY of the details.

It's just one of those why us situations. With everything that's already happened this season it just feels like piling on. I'm not saying I'm disgusted by Perrish, just disgusted with the situation.

Lancane
12-10-2010, 06:57 PM

Sounds like they have no reason to hold him, so they are still investigating. Also, I guess the judge granted his request to travel with the team to Arizona, though the Denver Post said someone from inside the organization said that it's unlikely he will be allowed to.

scott.475
12-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Well, this does not look good. I think the fact they took 6 weeks or so to do the investigation probably, hopefully, means they really crossed their I's and dotted their T's. Also tells me they did not want to risk their case by arresting him sooner than this, which would have started the clock ticking for the time prosecutors had to actually take the case to trial.

GEM
12-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Sounds like they have no reason to hold him, so they are still investigating. Also, I guess the judge granted his request to travel with the team to Arizona, though the Denver Post said someone from inside the organization said that it's unlikely he will be allowed to.

See, even if he is never convicted, he's already seeing consequences. I understand why the Broncos are doing so, don't agree with it, but understand it. I have the same issue with the NFL doing so in cases where someone isn't convicted.

If at the end of this ordeal, he were to be exonerated, justice would be to go after the woman with criminal charges, but that doesn't happen. :rolleyes:

Lancane
12-10-2010, 07:08 PM
See, even if he is never convicted, he's already seeing consequences. I understand why the Broncos are doing so, don't agree with it, but understand it. I have the same issue with the NFL doing so in cases where someone isn't convicted.

If at the end of this ordeal, he were to be exonerated, justice would be to go after the woman with criminal charges, but that doesn't happen. :rolleyes:

I wholly agree with you on that.

Dzone
12-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Could be like the Kobe Bryant case.

Lonestar
12-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Actually, most jobs require a background check, but even small businesses ask about felony arrests. And usually such crimes whether true or not are classified as felonious crime and charged as such. That means that no matter the class of the felony they have to put it down and let those employers know as much and some companies ask if it's been within a ten year period. And most of them have to register as sex offenders for several years, I believe after ten years they can request the courts to let them quit registering. So, it can hurt them more then just in the workplace, it can effect everything for them. And if you remember the state legislation passed a bill that also now includes indecent exposure, so if you piss in an alleyway you can be charged with a felony in the same class as a rapist!

Behooves you to either find a rest room, hold it or urinate in your pants. But take your shoes off if you do the latter.

TXBRONC
12-10-2010, 09:37 PM

My hope it's not true and I hope they can get resolved quickly.

robert ethan
12-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Well, this does not look good. I think the fact they took 6 weeks or so to do the investigation probably, hopefully, means they really crossed their I's and dotted their T's. Also tells me they did not want to risk their case by arresting him sooner than this, which would have started the clock ticking for the time prosecutors had to actually take the case to trial.
True, true. Doesn't look like there was any rush to judgement on this by the PD. When you consider the fact that Roethlisberger was never charged for what he did because the prosecutor didn't think he had an airtight case, things don't look good for Cox.

tomjonesrocks
12-10-2010, 11:11 PM

I guess I'm really surprised at some of these thoughts. A sexual assault accusation to me -- it's hard for me not to prejudge him -- I guess I am tending to assume he's guilty. I understand false accusations for rape can reach double-digit percentiles (well, 10%--though that number could be considerably higher for celebrities)--but that still means there's a more than reasonable chance Cox really, really ****ed up.

Elevation inc
12-11-2010, 03:45 AM
meh no facts yet, but if other players are involved its either true, or some girl agreed to a train and now is crying about it......seen this shit happen a number of times....best to wait till all facts are out...

Lonestar
12-11-2010, 05:08 AM
meh no facts yet, but if other players are involved its either true, or some girl agreed to a train and now is crying about it......seen this shit happen a number of times....best to wait till all facts are out...

Just may have been a party with other girls and guys.. that got out of hand

Traveler
12-11-2010, 06:12 AM
Who is Mike Freeman? How credible/reliable is he as a source?

HORSEPOWER 56
12-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Who is Mike Freeman? How credible/reliable is he as a source?

I don't know, but hopefully he's more reliable than Les "Troy Calhoun will be the next HC of the Broncos" Shapiro...

The media should just keep their damned mouths shut unless they have proof of something. They are worse gossips than a bunch of old women and can damage someone's credibility and reputation with all of their speculation.

GEM
12-11-2010, 12:05 PM
I guess I'm really surprised at some of these thoughts. A sexual assault accusation to me -- it's hard for me not to prejudge him -- I guess I am tending to assume he's guilty. I understand false accusations for rape can reach double-digit percentiles (well, 10%--though that number could be considerably higher for celebrities)--but that still means there's a more than reasonable chance Cox really, really ****ed up.

There is just as reasonable chance that it didn't. My whole point yesterday was we have absolutely no facts of what happened, so let's wait for them to come out before crucifying this kid.

As I said, if the facts come out and he did rape someone, he will be below pond scum in my book. BUT I'm not going to look at him like that right off without knowing he did it.

In the Rothlesberger cases, I had read all the victim and witness accounts before forming my decision. I will do the same here. It will be harder because they have sealed the police records and court documents on the case.

You can't really get good numbers on false accusations because most studies aim their findings on their agenda. I did some reading up on the matter and it ranges from 2% to 50% in most studies, but again it depends on what the author of the study is trying to prove.

robert ethan
12-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Cox has two charges, one of fourth degree assault and one of third degree assault. The third degree charge is punishable by a sentance of up to life in prison. Serious stuff.

WTE
12-11-2010, 09:19 PM
http://emperor.wdfiles.com/local--files/luku-2/haight-hippie.jpg

WTE
12-11-2010, 09:23 PM
http://www.costumeshopper.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/e094209.jpg

WTE
12-11-2010, 09:24 PM
http://img.costumecraze.com/images/vendors/forum/53225-large.jpg