PDA

View Full Version : How Many Games Do You Want Us To Win?

WARHORSE
12-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Right now, we are eliminated from the playoffs and taking inventory per se.

Each of the players on our team right now are playing for their jobs next year.

Same for the coaches.

There is labor unrest. An unsettled CBA. Unknown waters going forward.

But my thoughts are that things will get worked out.

Regardless.....the draft will take place.

As it stands now, we draft 5th in next years lottery.

Carolina, Cincy, Buffalo and Detroit all have worse records than us.

All are at 2 wins except Carolina who has a single win. Looking at the schedules, all of these teams including us has the ability to win games, regardless of the opponents.

Everyone knows Andrew Luck is the hottest QB prospect since........fill in the blank.

While skipping the debate of whether we would draft Luck with Tebow sitting on our roster, sitting at number one with Luck on tap would be a great place to be.........because the selection could garner a slew of picks.

How many games do you want us to win in the last four?

Would you want the number one pick?

:coffee:

:shocked:

Feels like the offseason.

The way this season is going............yay.

Northman
12-10-2010, 01:52 PM
For the rest of the year it doesnt matter really. Im more interested in player development and if it provides wins great, if not thats ok too as long as we can see some of the younger talent. If we arent going to play the young guys than i want to win out obviously.

Dzone
12-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Win All 4..is there that big a dropoff in talent from a 5th pick and say a 10th?
Can this ownership afford a top 5 pick?

Juriga72
12-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Win All 4..is there that big a dropoff in talent from a 5th pick and say a 10th?

Probably not..BUT you might get a low 1 AND a 2 for the 5th pick. Right now numbers count more that "ONE guy".

chazoe60
12-10-2010, 02:30 PM
All of them. I'll look back on it with a little regret on draft day maybe but watching the team look rejuvenated while kicking the ass of our remaining opponents will be worth it.

Dreadnought
12-10-2010, 02:36 PM
All of them. I'll look back on it with a little regret on draft day maybe but watching the team look rejuvenated while kicking the ass of our remaining opponents will be worth it.

Sweep 'em. I'd love nothing more than to ruin the Year for the Raiders or Chargers. Losing to the Cards would be too embarrassing for words. We owe the Texans for a bad loss in '07. Sweep 'em.

Grover
12-10-2010, 02:39 PM
I always want my Broncos to win games. The number one pick in the draft is a consolation prize - let another team have it.

I want to see McCoy call a good game - mix it up and don't call so many trick or gadget plays that McDaniels seemed to get more and more fond of.

Let's see the defense swarm to the ball and get after the QB. Let' see coach Studs get a bucket of Gatorade tossed down his neck for winning his first game as an NFL head coach.

chazoe60
12-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Sweep 'em. I'd love nothing more than to ruin the Year for the Raiders or Chargers. Losing to the Cards would be too embarrassing for words. We owe the Texans for a bad loss in '07. Sweepo 'em.

I like your attitude. Now strap that helmet on and get out there and kick some ass!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I got a little caught up in the moment. It's nice to be looking forward and excited about the Broncos once again. This season has been the worst in my 25+ years of following this team.

LawDog
12-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Just one, the last game of the season over the chargers to knock them out of the playoffs. Then, all of the drama of this season will be easier to get over. That's my Christmas wish.

LordTrychon
12-10-2010, 02:54 PM
I like your attitude. Now strap that helmet on and get out there and kick some ass!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I got a little caught up in the moment. It's nice to be looking forward and excited about the Broncos once again. This season has been the worst in my 25+ years of following this team.

I kinda like firing coaches mid-season. I had no idea how much fun that could be.

It's like having a mini-season embedded in the season.

chazoe60
12-10-2010, 02:58 PM
I kinda like firing coaches mid-season. I had no idea how much fun that could be.

You are just a fan of chaos my friend.

Dreadnought
12-10-2010, 03:04 PM

I normally think it a bad policy. McDaniels is however the exception that proves the rule - a failure so abject, so total, so humiliating, that any success at all now is gravy.

LordTrychon
12-10-2010, 03:06 PM
I normally think it a bad policy. McDaniels is however the exception that proves the rule - a failure so abject, so total, so humiliating, that any success at all now is gravy.

I used to agree with you in principal.

But don't you feel revitalized?

robert ethan
12-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Tebow is a better QB prospect than anyone in this draft. Easily. Tim's career numbers over 4 seasons IN THE SEC are as good as, or better than, any one of Luck, Newton, Mallett, or Locker's BEST SEASON MULTIPLIED BY FOUR. Luck, Newton, and Mallett have had one good season apiece. Locker hasn't really done that much. Tim is less than a year older than Locker and Mallett, the two seniors. He had no character or injury issues coming out. Newton is a bigger character risk than JaMarcus Russell or Vince Young were coming out. By a long shot. Luck may be good, but he is a long way from being able to start in the NFL. Plus, his numbers at the same age pale next to Tebow's, even though he is playing in the frigging PAC 10.

It is so obvious I don't know why I have to point it out over and over again.

topscribe
12-10-2010, 03:21 PM
I cannot see a reason to play a game other than to win it.

Nothing would make me more pleased at this point than 4-0.

-----

Dreadnought
12-10-2010, 03:25 PM
I used to agree with you in principal.

But don't you feel revitalized?

Like a man whose been shot at and missed! Like a man who just received a pardon from the Governor whilst upon the gallows with a rope 'round my neck! Like first love and Springtime and Christmas morning all rolled into one! Like the World is fresh scrubbed and new and full of limitless promise!

So yes, in answer to your question.

Dirk
12-10-2010, 03:30 PM
It all depends. I guess I am so disgruntled over the season I have a different outlook.

If Studs plays Orton for the rest of the year I hope they lose all 4. Just because they didn't do what they should do and that is to find out what they have in Tebow.

If they play Tebow at least 2 of the games, I want us to win all 4. Even if Tebow sucks.

I just want to see this team find out what they have or not have in Tebow so we can go into the draft with some sense of knowing. Otherwise we may be in store for another year of very mediocre football no matter which HC they hire.

Of course in all honesty I want them to win all 4 but still...;)

BORDERLINE
12-10-2010, 03:36 PM
i want to win them all...

but we need to beat Oak, SD for sure.....that would at least put a big azz smile on my face

BroncoWave
12-10-2010, 03:43 PM
To be honest, I couldn't care less how many more games we win. These last 4 games are like preseason games to me. I will obviously be rooting for us to win each game, but it will be no big deal to me if we lose. The #1 thing I want to see is some Tebow time. Anything else is gravy.

I Eat Staples
12-10-2010, 04:42 PM
I want to win 19 games every year.

slim
12-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Hello?

You play to win the game.

slim
12-10-2010, 04:46 PM
W42iiCcFbxE

slim
12-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Hello?

silkamilkamonico
12-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Lose.

Andrew Luck is absolutely worth it.

topscribe
12-10-2010, 05:05 PM
It all depends. I guess I am so disgruntled over the season I have a different outlook.

If Studs plays Orton for the rest of the year I hope they lose all 4. Just because they didn't do what they should do and that is to find out what they have in Tebow.

If they play Tebow at least 2 of the games, I want us to win all 4. Even if Tebow sucks.

I just want to see this team find out what they have or not have in Tebow so we can go into the draft with some sense of knowing. Otherwise we may be in store for another year of very mediocre football no matter which HC they hire.

Of course in all honesty I want them to win all 4 but still...;)

I think they have a pretty good idea on what they have in Tebow, regardless
of whether we do. I just want them to win, no matter who they have in
there. And it's pretty much consensus as to who they feel will help them do
that . . .

-----
we do

Dirk
12-10-2010, 05:14 PM
I think they have a pretty good idea on what they have in Tebow, regardless
of whether we do. I just want them to win, no matter who they have in
there. And it's pretty much consensus as to who they feel will help them do
that . . .

-----
we do

I hear ya top. That's why I ended my post like I did. ;)

But still dammit! Play Mother****** TEBOW ALREADY!!! :mad:

TXBRONC
12-10-2010, 05:18 PM
For the rest of the year it doesnt matter really. Im more interested in player development and if it provides wins great, if not thats ok too as long as we can see some of the younger talent. If we arent going to play the young guys than i want to win out obviously.

Yeah I love it when Denver wins but right now I probably more interest player development right.

Kenny
12-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Everyone knows Andrew Luck is the hottest QB prospect since........fill in the blank.

With all the holes on this team, you want them to draft a QB?

While you're at it, drop a Ferrari engine into my '72 Pinto. It has no brakes, no suspension, body rust and a bent frame. But now it'll have a FREAKING FERRARI ENGINE!

jhildebrand
12-10-2010, 05:29 PM
All 4! The higher draft pick isn't worth it to me! This team has more holes than one draft pick can fix even if we were lucky enough to have a shot at Andrew Luck. Besides, changing a culture of losing-which is setting in-is a lot harder to accomplish.

Win out. Trade down like McD did and ammass some picks and start pluggin holes.

sneakers
12-10-2010, 05:44 PM
as many as we can....I want 7-9!!!!!!

sneakers
12-10-2010, 05:44 PM
With all the holes on this team, you want them to draft a QB?

While you're at it, drop a Ferrari engine into my '72 Pinto. It has no brakes, no suspension, body rust and a bent frame. But now it'll have a FREAKING FERRARI ENGINE!

Welcome to BF!!

frauschieze
12-10-2010, 06:33 PM
How many games do I want us to win?

All of them.

Every time.

Always.

Broncos or die.

CrazyHorse
12-10-2010, 08:00 PM
All of them. 7-9 is a whole lot better than 3-13.
What fans out there want us to lose games?
You play to win not so you can get high draft picks.

Italianmobstr7
12-10-2010, 08:20 PM
I would never root for or hope for a loss. If you would, I would seriously question your fanhood. Sorry if people have a problem with that, but it's all about winning IMO. 4-0 is what I want. 7-9. Let's do it!

Italianmobstr7
12-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Hello?

W42iiCcFbxE

Classic, and SO true.

LordTrychon
12-10-2010, 08:24 PM
I want them to win 5 more.

Lonestar
12-10-2010, 08:29 PM
just want to play well if we win Great if we lose oh well.

Do not envy the new coach, coming in and not being able to do OTA's before the season or have the players lock out.

Seems to me he better be given a hell of a lot more leash than Josh got. because the new guy will only have film to watch his scouting staff is now wondering what the hell do we scout for.

Newbie will have his hands tied behind his back and blindfolded.

Such is life.

Does anyone really think that a top-notch GM or Coach would want to come here knowing that the owner will cut his balls off because the press has whipped up the fans into a frenzy?

That the owner will not manage by good business standards but will panick when things are not hunky dory.\

Oh well the die is cast and there is nothing I can do about it.

MasterShake
12-10-2010, 11:16 PM
All four, but if I had to choose I would choose all of them. The more I think about it though, I think I'd like to win them all.

So, in summation, if we could only win four more games this year, I hope we win them all.

Tned
12-11-2010, 01:33 AM
Right now, we are eliminated from the playoffs and taking inventory per se.

Each of the players on our team right now are playing for their jobs next year.

Same for the coaches.

There is labor unrest. An unsettled CBA. Unknown waters going forward.

But my thoughts are that things will get worked out.

Regardless.....the draft will take place.

As it stands now, we draft 5th in next years lottery.

Carolina, Cincy, Buffalo and Detroit all have worse records than us.

All are at 2 wins except Carolina who has a single win. Looking at the schedules, all of these teams including us has the ability to win games, regardless of the opponents.

While skipping the debate of whether we would draft Luck with Tebow sitting on our roster, sitting at number one with Luck on tap would be a great place to be.........because the selection could garner a slew of picks.

How many games do you want us to win in the last four?

Would you want the number one pick?

:coffee:

:shocked:

Feels like the offseason.

The way this season is going............yay.

Play Tebow, and I don't care if they win a single game. Play Orton, and win 3outt of four. If you are going to play to "winn", then you better ******* win.

BeefStew25
12-11-2010, 01:37 AM
Win all four and keep Tebow on the pine. And fire Joe Ellis.

Tned
12-11-2010, 01:39 AM
Win all four and keep Tebow on the pine. And fire Joe Ellis.

Who'e you on Elllis' ass? Joe is the man!

WARHORSE
12-11-2010, 01:49 AM
How many games do I want us to win?

All of them.

Every time.

Always.

Broncos or die.

Rajah dat.

Broncos or Die.

If we lose, we lose. But never hope or predict losses.

CHEE!

Tned
12-11-2010, 01:54 AM
Rajah dat.

Broncos or Die.

If we lose, we lose. But never hope or predict losses.

CHEE!

WTF??? :confused: Any chance of getting this in English?

frauschieze
12-11-2010, 01:56 AM
Not until you're sober, T. Sorry, bud. That makes perfect sense.

Tned
12-11-2010, 01:57 AM
Not until you're sober, T. Sorry, bud. That makes perfect sense.

I'll look tomorrow, but it remind me of the new show (*and good movie) Ootsourced

Nomad
12-11-2010, 07:15 AM
Hello?

^^^^^THIS!!

BRONCO fans are dreamers/delusional if they believe Bowlen will break the bank and have his new HC/GM trade down and lose more picks to get Luck! Build this DEFENSE If Harbaugh extends at Stanford and the NFL is still uncertain at the end of Jan, Andrew Luck will be playing at Stanford come next fall

EastCoastBronco
12-11-2010, 08:32 AM
Here's my Christmas wish concerning your question, War...
I hope that somehow the game against San Diego is a do-or-die game for them and we put the final nail in their coffin.
If we get only one more win.
That's the game I want.
That would be sweet.

Dzone
12-11-2010, 09:56 AM
I cant wait until tomorrow!!!!!...its going to be glorious...beating Phoenix will be so excellent....especially with all this stress this week..they definitely picked the right guy as interim coach

BroncoJoe
12-11-2010, 10:03 AM
I want to win as many games as we play. Always.

Juriga72
12-11-2010, 10:44 AM
3-9 "Playing to win the game" so far. 5-17 the last 22 games "Playing to win the game".

11-17 "Playing to win the game" the last two years.

Yeah... I'm ok "Losing 4 games to get a idea of what talent we have for NEXT year".

Of course the #5 overall pick CAN be turned into mutliple picks that might add MORE depth to this team.

Dzone
12-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Studesville has a powerful personality and he exudes confidence. Thats what you want in a head coach...we may not run the table on the next 4, but I will bet we will play everyone close...
So with denver out, who do you want to see win the afc west? Im going to root for KC since they have fans who sell out the stadium every week...unlike oakland and sd...plus, I think KC has the better looking uniforms

topscribe
12-11-2010, 11:19 AM
Studesville has a powerful personality and he exudes confidence. Thats what you want in a head coach...we may not run the table on the next 4, but I will bet we will play everyone close...
So with denver out, who do you want to see win the afc west? Im going to root for KC since they have fans who sell out the stadium every week...unlike oakland and sd...plus, I think KC has the better looking uniforms

KC overall seems to have the best fans. Part of the reason I'm rooting for KC is
because of our own KCL. She's a classy lady, and I want to see her happy -
before we make her unhappy again next year . . . :D

-----

Dzone
12-11-2010, 11:29 AM
^^Ya, I have to say KCL is pretty cool

Cugel
12-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Here's a reason why having a top 10 draft pick might be worth a LOT more this year -- the impending new CBA.

Rookies are getting just ridiculous contracts and the owners are determined to have a rookie "salary cap" that will limit rookie contracts, especially it will be designed to reign in the salaries top draft picks get.

Take a look at KC. They drafted two DL for a 3-4 defense in Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson. (Remember that 3-4 DEs NORMALLY tie up blockers so that the LBs can make plays. Pittsburgh for instance drafted their DEs in later rounds).

Take a look at their contracts:

Glenn Dorsey DE -- 7/26/2008: Signed a five-year, $33 million contract. The deal includes $22.5 million guaranteed. Another $18 million is available through incentives. 2009: $385,000, 2010: $983,500, 2011: $1,582,250, 2012: $2.181 million, 2013: $2.75 million (Option Year), 2014: Free Agent

Tyson Jackson -- /7/2009: Signed a five-year, $57 million contract. The deal includes $31 million guaranteed. 2010: $1.075 million, 2011: $1.79 million, 2012: $2.505 million, 2013: $3.22 million, 2014: $3.935 million, 2015: Free Agent

Before either player EVER played a down, the Chiefs were on the hook for $53 million in guaranteed money! :shocked:

If there IS a season next year there will be a cap in place.

If there's a cap and rookie salaries are more in line with their real value then top 10 picks suddenly become a LOT more valuable!

In the previous five seasons the ONLY time a team in the top five has been able to trade down is when a team (like the Jets) desperately needs a franchise QB and is willing to give up multiple draft picks to trade up because a player they see as their future is sitting there at #4 or something.

But, most teams find themselves in a situation like the Chiefs: They HAVE a QB in Cassel, and there's NO player on the board at #5 or #6 who's worth a $50 million contract -- but they can't trade down either because, well because nobody is on the board worth $50 million and other teams know it.

So the Chiefs are SCREWED. They could take an OT but they don't need one. They could take a CB but nobody available is worth it. They can't take a G or S (too high) and there's no LB worth it or they don't need one. WR -- nobody they like that high and too risky.

So, they make the best of a bad situation and draft two DEs for a 3-4 defense who (while decent players) are probably not worth a combined $53 million guaranteed! That's just a HUGE amount of money to pay a player who might never be any good.

But, with a rookie salary cap in place, the Broncos might just be able to parlay a top 5 draft pick into perhaps 2 first round or a first and a second round pick!

Since McDaniels threw away so many picks through his HORRIBLE drafting, the team needs as MANY draft picks as they can get. So, trading down and stockpiling picks and then spending them like Scrooge does gold (very, very carefully) would be the best strategy -- UNLESS the new GM is sold on Luck and wants to draft a future franchise QB and get rid of Tebow (could happen -- don't argue with me since I'm not in charge).

Ravage!!!
12-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Thats why I was so excited about us stockpiling picks last year..... and then.............

Lonestar
12-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Here's a reason why having a top 10 draft pick might be worth a LOT more this year -- the impending new CBA.

Rookies are getting just ridiculous contracts and the owners are determined to have a rookie "salary cap" that will limit rookie contracts, especially it will be designed to reign in the salaries top draft picks get.

Take a look at KC. They drafted two DL for a 3-4 defense in Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson. (Remember that 3-4 DEs NORMALLY tie up blockers so that the LBs can make plays. Pittsburgh for instance drafted their DEs in later rounds).

Take a look at their contracts:

Before either player EVER played a down, the Chiefs were on the hook for $53 million in guaranteed money! :shocked:

If there IS a season next year there will be a cap in place.

If there's a cap and rookie salaries are more in line with their real value then top 10 picks suddenly become a LOT more valuable!

In the previous five seasons the ONLY time a team in the top five has been able to trade down is when a team (like the Jets) desperately needs a franchise QB and is willing to give up multiple draft picks to trade up because a player they see as their future is sitting there at #4 or something.

But, most teams find themselves in a situation like the Chiefs: They HAVE a QB in Cassel, and there's NO player on the board at #5 or #6 who's worth a $50 million contract -- but they can't trade down either because, well because nobody is on the board worth $50 million and other teams know it.

So the Chiefs are SCREWED. They could take an OT but they don't need one. They could take a CB but nobody available is worth it. They can't take a G or S (too high) and there's no LB worth it or they don't need one. WR -- nobody they like that high and too risky.

So, they make the best of a bad situation and draft two DEs for a 3-4 defense who (while decent players) are probably not worth a combined $53 million guaranteed! That's just a HUGE amount of money to pay a player who might never be any good.

But, with a rookie salary cap in place, the Broncos might just be able to parlay a top 5 draft pick into perhaps 2 first round or a first and a second round pick!

Since McDaniels threw away so many picks through his HORRIBLE drafting, the team needs as MANY draft picks as they can get. So, trading down and stockpiling picks and then spending them like Scrooge does gold (very, very carefully) would be the best strategy -- UNLESS the new GM is sold on Luck and wants to draft a future franchise QB and get rid of Tebow (could happen -- don't argue with me since I'm not in charge).

Outside of your rant on Josh this was an outstanding post.

the original CBA was pretty great until someone started handing signing bonuses like they were going out of style, which then led to the guaranteed contact money.

yes the new CBA will have a rookie wage scale in it. They rookies have zero voting power as it stands and then only the top 20 or so have anything to really lose.

so the veteran eying more money to them will throw the rookies to the wolves as they are also pissed some college moron is coming in and thinking he is hot crap and has not played a down and the veteran is making a gazillion less that the punk is.

Dzone
12-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Have we hit rock bottom yet? Or is there still more misery to come?

Ravage!!!
12-11-2010, 03:02 PM
I think it would be funny as hell if we win as many games in the last 4 as McD did the entire first 12.

Cugel
12-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Outside of your rant on Josh this was an outstanding post.

the original CBA was pretty great until someone started handing signing bonuses like they were going out of style, which then led to the guaranteed contact money.

yes the new CBA will have a rookie wage scale in it. They rookies have zero voting power as it stands and then only the top 20 or so have anything to really lose.

so the veteran eying more money to them will throw the rookies to the wolves as they are also pissed some college moron is coming in and thinking he is hot crap and has not played a down and the veteran is making a gazillion less that the punk is.

Thanks, I guess. :laugh:

Except that my "rant On McDaniels" was spot on:

I asked three personnel people, from three different teams, in the last week to rank the team's roster at the moment. None of the three put the Broncos above 27th. (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16828467)

Football people don't like the team's depth chart, and they see an older team without reinforcements, especially on defense. That is usually the first sign of a longer rebuilding process.

They also see a team with just six picks in the 2011 draft and financial limitations in free agency, another difficult aspect of the rebuilding.

That's pretty much the definition of "horrible player personnel decisions." :coffee:

Cugel
12-11-2010, 03:45 PM
I think it would be funny as hell if we win as many games in the last 4 as McD did the entire first 12.

Don't laugh. It's easily possible. If they beat the Cardinals (they should) then players start to think the worst is behind them and they're on a roll. It might not end until the San Diego game (which will be a tough one to win with the Chargers probably needing that game to get into the playoffs).

Remember how the pitiful Giants played against the 13-0 Broncos back in 1998?

WARHORSE
12-11-2010, 03:54 PM
WTF??? :confused: Any chance of getting this in English?

I'll give it a toss.

Comes from having kids from 21 to 9 running around the house here in the islands.

Rajah dat- Roger that.

Chee!

Short for CHEEEHUUUU! I guess in english that may be the samoan equivalent to YeeHaw!!

heh heh:D

Lonestar
12-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Thanks, I guess. :laugh:

Except that my "rant On McDaniels" was spot on:

That's pretty much the definition of "horrible player personnel decisions." :coffee:

once again is it YOUR opinion or are you Legwold?

Everyone has an opinion but that does not mean YOUR is correct.

Unless I know the sources cited in there is does not meant they are no unbiased either.

You clearly have a Bias (being kind) to Josh.

But that does not mean you have anymore high ground to stand on than anyone else does.

Unless you have clear and concise prove of what really went down for sure it has no more standing than anyone else.

So let this be my last post to you on this thread and lets just agree to disagree .

It is clear you have your biases and I have my opinions on it and neither of us will change each others minds.

Mustangtoby
12-11-2010, 04:09 PM
:salute::salute:I personally hope we go 4-0 in part II of this season. I think there's a very good chance, because the team has got somthing to prove, most of them are essentially playing for their jobs the rest of the year. And we do have talent among them. While losing out would give us a better draft, I could never root for my Broncos to lose, and can only moan when they don't win. Go Broncos!

Dzone
12-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Orangemane guy is about to be interviewed on 87.7...I dont go to that site much. I like it here better